Waterproofing
Toronto ON M1L 1P4
Waterproofing

Reviews for Ace Waterproofing

Amazing work!

I had called Frank for a previous job a few years ago, and he was great, so when we had another leak in our basement I really wanted to have Frank come back. He’s professional, knowledgeable, hard working and honest. He responded quickly to my call; was at our house to make an assessment, and then had the job finished all within days. I can’t recommend Frank enough. If I have any other waterproofing issues, Frank will be the first one I call.

Darlene in Toronto
Darlene in Toronto
2 reviews Bowmanville, ON

Ace Waterproofing

Frank came to me through a referral and I am so thankful that I chose to go with him to fix my homes foundation. From the first consultation to completion of the job Frank was simply amazing to deal with.

j5chen
j5chen

Basement Leak

This review is long overdue. We had a leak in the basement of our North York home during the spring of 2017. Called a few people to come and take a look and get estimates for a fix. Frank was professional, responsible, reliable and so honest from the start. Every other company or contractor told us we needed to waterproof and it would cost a few thousand. Frank took a look and found the source of the leak and told us we didn't absolutely need the waterpoofing. It's been a year and a half, and we have seen a lot of rain in Toronto since, and our basement is still dry. Frank definitely knows what he is doing and is such an honest person. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a waterproofing pro.

Thank you for the Review, much appreciated.

Dragana in Toronto
Dragana in Toronto
1 review Prince Edward, ON

Waterproofing of basement in a heritage home

After having Frank waterproof our semidetached home in Leaside, several years ago and being most satisfied with the quality of work, timing, very clean,neat way of working between me and my neighbour at 1'6" of my space, we were hoping Frank would do us a favour and take up the job we knew was incredibly challenging. We have moved to Prince Edward County, into a home, over 140 years old, built on the rock with a high water table. We were literally walking through 10" of water when raining or when snow would melt, regardless of the fact that we had 2 sump pumps running continuously, . Frank took up the impossible job of breaking the rock and waterproofing from the inside, installing weeping tiles, properly installed sump pumps (the pit needed to be at least 1' deeper), with back-up pump with the battery in case we ever run out of power. I am well aware of the sacrifice and human momentum here, as Frank did not walk away after jack-hammers were being burnt out, after drills broke, after being for a week in a 5' high space saving our house and with that, health of my child and myself. They worked round the clock in very difficult conditions, performing most difficult task of breaking the rock, to do the job the only way Frank know how - the RIGHT way.
My daughter wrote this on her FB page the day they finished:
"We are in absolute AWE at the kindness, resilience, devotion and truest form of friendship we have been shown ever. Feeling grateful beyond words to know such wonderful people who have put so much effort and time into helping us on a massive and difficult project.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, universe for bringing such gems into our lives. Feeling blessed to be surrounded by such people!"

If you get Frank to work on your home, you will join the club of lucky ones. You will know the work was done in the most professional, conscientious, knowledgeable and neat way.
I told him once and I will repeat again, there is no way he could ever be fairly reimbursed for the effort, heart and muscle, he invested into this project.
One huge wholehearted THANK YOU will have to do for now!

It was a very difficult job, but your hospitality made it worthwhile at the end.

Thanks Draganna.

David from Toronto
David from Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Wet Basement

Short Version:
If you have basement issues, you have to call Frank. Do not proceed without at least getting the opinion of a knowledgeable and honest man.

Long Version:
Since i moved into my house three years ago, i noticed small amounts of water seeping from between the linoleum tiles in the basement laundry room. I didn't want to deal with it because, one, we already spent all our money on renos and two, its not like our basement was flooding - just small bits of water here and there, but still enough to make me feel uneasy.

I eventually called Clarke Systems and one of the reps - a really tall bald guy came and without spending much time inspecting things, said I needed a complete interior drainage system to avoid a future catastrophe. This system would cost $28,000 and that doesn't include the cost of re-finishing my basement afterwards.

Fast forward about two years to Aug, 2016. That leak is bugging me to the point that I pull out all the tiles and lo and behold there is a layer of water everywhere on the concrete foundation. I start making calls. Frank is the first to come by. Seeing the wet concrete basement floor, he suspects that my house is sitting on a high water table - the absolute worst case and most expensive scenario for me. But after inspecting the exterior of the foundation wall and then the interior by poking out a small section of drywall and insulation, he suspected the leak was most likely coming from the furnace. When I asked him why he thought that he said,
1. "The inside of your foundation wall is bone dry." (something i would've never known if he hadn't poked a hole)
2. "The water on the concrete floor is drying up as we speak." (meaning more water was not coming up from underneath the house).
3. "Most of the drywall damage is by your furnace."
4. "There is a downward slope from your furnace to the wet spots you were noticing."

He suggested that I pull out all the tile and get the furnace fixed.
The man just saved me $30,000. When I told him I felt I should compensate him for his time. He smiled and said "For What? I just came to give you an estimate."

Long story short: That is why you can't proceed without first giving him a call. I will be referring him to all my family and friends.

Thanks David.

christo from Pickering
christo from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Waterproofing Foundation Leaks

Have used Franks (Ace Waterproofing) services on at least 5 times over past 7 years, previously in Toronto and now at our Pickering house. You will not find a more reliable and honest guy in the city to help you out

Leak in the basement

Frank came out and did a free estimate for us. He spent a lot of time investigating the problem, and then explaining to me what was happening. In the end he gave me some advice on how I could quickly and cheeply solve the problem myself. I will definitely call Frank in the future for any waterproofing problem I have. He is honest and professional. I wouldn't Hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking to solve a waterproofing issue. Thanks Frank!

Thanks Chris.

Stacea from North York
Stacea from North York

Basement Waterproofing and Cement Repair

Frank was recommended by a colleague at work and we were completely satisfied with the work that he did on our house. He explained every step of the job and kept us informed as it progressed. He completed the job on time and with immense care. His final price matched his estimate exactly. He provided us with a contract and a final invoice. He promised a 25 year guarantee on his work. All of the workers were friendly and professional. Our neighbours commented on how clean the site was when they were finished and how neat their finished work was.
Many neighbours have asked us whether we would recommend Frank and Ace Waterproofing and we have without reservation.

Thank you very much Stacea..
Frank.

Kathy from Toronto
Kathy from Toronto
1 review Oshawa, ON

Window Well Replacment

Frank came to us on high recommendation. He did not disappoint. Extremely knowledgeable in his work. He and his team replaced 2 window wells for us (one of which was leaky) and educated us in the process. He installed proper drains and deeper wells. The work was completed inside of a day and you'd never know he was even there. He and his cre were meticulous about their clean up. I would HIGHLY recommend ACE to family and friends.

Thank you so much Kathy, I was a pleasure working for you.

Frank.

Desiree from Pickering
Desiree from Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Water issue in basement

This review is long overdue! Frank came out a few years back and helped solve a water problem at my Father's property. A rebar hole was exposed and water was literally pouring into the basement. Frank came out in a timely manner and dug in the most restrictive of spaces to solve our issues. He was cost effective, friendly, thorough, and knowledgeable.

Frank
Cheers.

More about Ace Waterproofing

Ace Waterproofing
Looking for Waterproofing pros in Toronto?