Grasshopper Solar

HomeStars  >  Renewable Energy in Mississauga  >  Grasshopper Solar

Reviews for Grasshopper Solar

HomeStars in Toronto
1 review Heidelberg, ON

Our solar panels were installed last week. We were happy with the installation and we will see if the quality is good. It will show in the future. Installers showed us how the panels will be laid on the roof. We have one objection to the colour of the wire from panels to the connection. The colour is black and on white siding it really shows. I think you should have choices of colours for customers (black, white, grey etc.).

1 review Mount Albert, ON

March - signed contract, gave deposit
Start date supposed to be April
July - they still have not started. Numerous calls and final threat of law suit.
October I received my deposit back only after presenting lawsuit.
HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Gordon Hambly from BEACONSFIELD
4 reviews Tecumseh, ON

Although I received an annual revenue estimate, assuming no shade, in order to get the more accurate estimate I had to pay $4500 upfront as I was buying the system. Their technician then spent one hour at my house with a meter and then they produced a new set of figures, based on the actual shading. Unfortunately, it turns out that the roof on my neighbour’s house, which is 16 feet from mine, casts a significant shadow from mid Oct. to mid March, which is largely responsible for a 23% loss of projected revenues which led to a payback period of about 15 years, which is not acceptable.
I was very thankful that they found this before I spend any more money but I was astounded that they would only refund me $2000 out of my $4500, leaving me paying $2500 for one hour’s work from the technician on site plus their subsequent work which was probably done mainly on the computer. I suspect their real costs are between $500 and $1000.
The best advice I could give you is that before going solar you watch the shade on your roof, particularly between October and March. Also, be forewarned: if you are buying the system, you will be paying $2500 before you get an accurate estimate of your revenues.
Also, I notified them September 21 that I was not proceding but it took 4 phone calls and almost a month before they sent the cheque.

smbonus/mevamos
1 review Hamilton, ON

Very quick , courteous and professional, even during unexpected wind conditions. Very clean finish to project and email pics

Hi Mevamos,

Thank you for your feedback and joining Canada’s growing solar movement. It's because of environmentally minded and forward-thinking citizens like you, there are now almost 30,000 homeowners across Ontario generating clean solar energy. That is equal to over taking over 335,000 cars off the road or 38 million trees growing for 10 years!

Sunny Regards!

Chris Calitri
1 review Barrie, ON

Very friendly, I was pleased with the way they took the time to explain everything.

Hi Chris,

Sunny Regards!

Terry Scott in Kitchener

My son looked at an ad from Grasshopper Solar saying – “Helping make your pockets greener” when we decided to inquire more. This was our first experience with a solar company and we enjoyed learning about solar power. The rep who visited was extremely polite and very knowledgeable. We are enjoying lower hydro bills already!

Hi Terry, thanks so much for contributing to a Greener Ontario! Sunny Regards!

Kim Nacho in Etobicoke

Very satisfied with this company. We were able to setup everything easily. All permits and procedure to follow were clearly explained to us in the beginning and at every single stage. I’d say, the company changed our perception about solar as an expensive and clumsy affair to profitable and environment friendly energy solution. Thanks a bunch!

Thank YOU Kim for contribuing to a Greener Ontario! We are happy to see you've even made your pocket Greener at the same time! Sunny Regards!

More about Grasshopper Solar

WHO WE ARE

A solar project is about more than electricity. It’s about financing, regulatory know-how, engineering, construction, long-term asset management and operations. And, importantly, like no other energy technology, it’s about people.
***
At Grasshopper, we’re here to address your specific needs. Our team understands a solar project requires the interconnection of key individuals with the ability to materialize the economic, environmental and social advantages of this elegant technology. We’re committed to providing you with a customized solution and exceptional customer service from start to finish.

OUR HISTORY

Grasshopper is a long-time advocate of green energy, with the conviction it will simply make our province a better place for Ontario families to live, work and grow. Since starting up in 2007, we have provided energy solutions to homeowners, farmers, municipalities, school boards and large corporations all over Ontario.

Shortly after Ontario launched the FIT program, homeowners were keen about the possibility of having solar panels on their roofs, but simply could not afford to make the investment. This demand drove our team to create the Guaranteed Funding Program, which is nationally recognized as a recipient of the Canadian Solar Industries Association’s Canadian Solar Innovator award.
***
Grasshopper Solar helps Ontario home owners go solar through their award winning solar programs. Grasshopper Solar's Guaranteed Funding Program allows customers to go solar at zero cost.