Design Happens

Norma in Kamloops
Norma in Kamloops
1 review Surrey, BC

Designer, colour consultant

Irene of Design Happens was very highly recommended to us by an owner in our Strata complex whose previous Heritage Home's exterior she had decorated to very high acclaim.

We are a Strata of more than 100 single storey homes preparing for exterior painting & wanting to make some gentle change acceptable to our homeowners, particularly those who wanted little, if any, change. Enter Irene who did not disappoint. Irene has an excellent eye for and understanding of colour; very confident in her choices; up to date-but
does not insist on current trends; understands owners' fear of change and giving owners what it is that THEY want & willing to answer numerous questions immediately they are asked. In very short order
Irene came up with suggested colour palettes with explanation of why they would work for us: one of which hit the nail on the head!
If you are looking for an excellent designer/decorator, I happily recommend Irene who you will find capable; amiable; highly educated -including a BA in Interior Design & Liberal Arts; one who will make recommendations of timeless colour choices to suit your needs. I know I will be calling Irene of Design Happens when I again want to decorate my home.

Norma, Strata Painting Committee

Cindy in Burnaby
Cindy in Burnaby
0 reviews Burnaby, BC

Picking paint colours for our home.

I was introduced to Irene through Benjamin Moore Paints when I was choosing paint colours for our home. Irene was invaluable in this process. Her knowledge and expertise was SO appreciated. Many years have past and we still love the colours she chose.
Irene took the time to explain how the undertones in paint colours and the lighting, both natural and artificial, can affect how the selected colours look in your space.
I highly recommend Irene if you are painting or redecorating your home or workplace. Her friendly and professional attitude and expertise sets your mind at easy and is greatly appreciated. Irene took the time to really listen to the vision I had for our space. She patiently walked me through, answered all my questions and took the guess work out of the whole process. Most of all, she prevented the mistakes, frustration and extra expense that I would have experienced trying to do this on my own. Hiring Irene of Design Happens, was the best money we spent while renovating our home!
We have called on Irene a number of times over the years and she has always been prompt to return our calls and to offer assistance.
There are a small number of professionals that we rely on and would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. Irene of Design Happens is definitely one of those people!

Private User reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Paint Colors and Furniture consulting

I would certainly highly recommend 'Design Happens'.
The paint colors that were recommended were so fantastic! When doing my in-home consultation, the lighting, size of room and consideration for my own preferences were all addressed!
As for furniture size and placement, the same wonderful consideration was given.
I found Irene to be very professional and warm as well as honest and with up to date knowledge of current trends in design.
Eileen was also very professional and personable!
A truly great experience!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It was a pleasure working with you. The colours you chose will change your space. We are here for you any time. Irene, Design Happens

alan in
alan in
1 review Surrey, BC

Exterior Renovation

We were renovating the exterior of our house and Irene helped us pick the colors. She is absolutely amazing. She knew exactly what we wanted and she made a couple trips out to ensure we were still happy with our choices. She is very good at what she does and you just have to trust what she says. I will definitely be using her again for future projects

Thank you Alan for the review. If there was a site to put clients on you would be there. It was a pleasure working with you. Call me anytime. kind regards,

Maria
Maria
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Design Advice on Bathroom Renovation

We were renovating our bathroom and hit a point where we needed assistance with paint colour, backsplash tiles, and wall tile organization. After calling Irene for help she quickly pulled it all together for us and was able to guide us with perfect recommendations. We love the look of our bathroom and are very pleased with the end result. Irene is a very lovely lady, easy to talk to and extremely knowledgable. She helped us look at colours in ways we had never considered. She was always on time with our appointments and followed up many times to offer further assistance in order to make sure we were satisfied. We highly recommend Irene at Design Happens.

Thank you Maria for taking the time to write this review and for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your bathroom transformation worked out well. If you need further assistance at any time, feel free to call me.

Chad in Calgary
Chad in Calgary
1 review Port Moody, BC

Exterior Paint Colour

Irene's services were included in our home's exterior painting project. She helped us choose the paint colours and we are very pleased with the results. Irene is very personable and takes the time to teach you about how colours work together and point out the different undertones. Irene has even dropped by on her own to assist with gutter colours and a few interior colour issues as well. Based on our experience I would not hesitate to refer Irene to anybody requiring assistance with colour choices.

Your exterior colours came out well and with the new gutters it will complete the look. Feel free to contact me at any time should you wish further assistance. kind regards Irene Design Happens Inc.

Chris in Port Moody
Chris in Port Moody
1 review Anmore, BC

I love her colours

Attached photos are before and after: powder room roller shades & interior wall colours(2009), exterior brick colour & entrance door colour and design(2018), etc.

A picture is worth a thousand words!

It was a pleasure to assist you with your colour and decorating needs. Feel free to contact me at any time. kind regards

Irene Design Happens Inc.

HomeStars in Vancouver
HomeStars in Vancouver
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

exterior roof and gutter colour as well as design advice on the interior

Irene took the time to review shingle colour display boards and brought gutter colour samples to make the process easier. With her great eye for colour, we were able to finally make colour choices that worked for our situation. She also advised on interior colours and new furniture layout to maximize space, easy traffic flow and kept our budget in mind.
This is the second time we have used Irene's services and we would not hesitate to contact her again in the future for other home projects.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your kind words. I am confident now that you have all the information you need to proceed with your projects. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you need further advice.

Kaybee in Burnaby
Kaybee in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Exterior Paint Selection

We had the opportunity to work with Irene through the painting company (Pro-Rise Painting) that we had chosen. Irene was extremely helpful and spent time listening to us, questioning us about our ideas and ultimately giving us the colour scheme we love. Choosing colours is daunting to me, Irene made it easy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to friends.

it was a pleasure to work with you to select the right choices for your home and I am pleased it worked out well. Colours can be daunting at times to most people. Should you require any further information or assistance, I would be pleased to work with you

Matt Komorowski from Coquitlam
Matt Komorowski from Coquitlam
2 reviews Coquitlam, BC

Colour Consultations

We worked with Irene on two different occasions this past year. She made our life very easy by helping our clients choose the correct colours for their interior and exterior painting. Her experience and great personality made the process flow very smoothly. We will definitely use her services again in the future!

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with your clients. Look forward to working with you in the future.

More about Design Happens

Design Happens are your colour experts and design professionals, specializing in creating innovative and inspired spaces both residential and commercial. From concept to completion, from hourly consultations to full design service, from facelift to renovation, we offer a comprehensive range of professional services. Whether you wish to build, sell, renovate ...
Looking for Interior Design pros in Coquitlam?