Doktor Handyman

Reviews for Doktor Handyman

Martha in Toronto
Martha in Toronto

Bathrooms, 2 bathroom renovations

Could not be more pleased! KC & his crew renovated 2 bathrooms, back to back, without a moment wasted. KC is a great communicator and made himself available every step of the way. His professionalism inspired confidence and left no doubt that he is devoted to providing the highest quality service. The price was as quoted, the work was done faster than anticipated and the quality was beyond expectations. Proud to show off my new bathrooms and would not hesitate to recommend this great company!

Could anyone and I mean anyone ask for a better client than you? You are truly one of a kind. I could only wish more people like you would come across our path.
On behalf of my crew and yours truly, wish the very best for you and we thank you for all the nice things you did for us while we were at your home. YOU ARE THE BEST, MARTHA.

Bruce in Toronto
Bruce in Toronto

microwave installation above the range

Microwave mounting bracket was installed very off center so that the tabs on the bracket did not line up with or fit into the slots in the back of the microwave. Because of this the back of the microwave was sitting on top of the bracket tabs instead of the tabs being inserted into the slots in the back of the microwave. This caused the microwave to be very unlevel from front to back because the back of the microwave is too high.
Also, He didn`t use enough spackle to fill the screw holes in the sheet rock which left indentations in the wall behind the microwave.

I'm astonished and lost for words as to how I'm going to reply to your review. You stood right therr by our side throughout the whole process while we were working AND you gave your approval both verbally as well as signing our invoice where it states "I'm satisfied with the work performed", then you turn around and leave this kind of review ?????????
Wow Bruce, no wonder why three other contractors walked out on you per your own statement that is.
Shame on me for not realizing what kind of a person you truly are at the very start.
Good luck to you in dealing with your conscious.

kat g in Toronto
kat g in Toronto

Toilet installation

KC and his team came in to replace an old toilet as well as fix up some odd jobs around the condo. He got the toilet replaced and got rid of the old one, and did a good job of explaining the process. He also fixed a hanging door and tried to reinstall some kitchen drawer railings for me. I appreciated his work ethic and will call on KC again if I need future work!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and I sincerely hope that our number is the only one you'll use for all your future repair needs. Cheers, KC

AD in Mississauga
AD in Mississauga

Kitchen Sink & Shut Off Valve Replacement

When I first spoke to KC, he said he didn't just want to do a job for me, but win my business. He quoted me a price to replace a kitchen sink and a light switch. I had not purchased the products and he agreed to pick them up for me at no additional cost.
Little did he know what lay ahead for him. First, the shut off valve was ceased and this was a condo so he had arrange with building maintenance to shut off the main water valve so we could replace them. He quoted me a reasonable price and fixed it.
Then the kitchen sink had been glued to the countertop so he had to leave the site, get support and new tools, returned later that day and completed the job.
He didn't increase the fixed price quote he gave me, he kept me up to date with all the work he was doing and issues he was facing, he wasn't touchy about doing little minor things outside of what we agreed on. That is why he will get my business in the future.

I just couldn't think of leaving your elderly tenant without water till following day hence the reason for return later same day. I've never changed or gone back on my word from the price I quote initially, unless the job requires drastic changes which even then and unless approved by you first, we won't proceed. It was a pleasure providing our services to you and hope to continue our working relationship for sometime to come. Many thanks for your kind review.

Badu Y in Toronto
Badu Y in Toronto

Bathroom Sink Installation

I have been unable to use my bathroom sink for the past couple of months as the replacement I needed was on back order due to the unique specifications I needed. Needless to say when it finally arrived I was eager to have it installed after living in my single washroom condo with no working sink (help!). I called around to almost all the highly ranked vendors on Homestars and most either did not answer or wanted to charge an exurberent amount for my casual installation of replacing the old sink with the new one. I only called KC twice and both times he picked up right away ready to answer any questions I had to put me at ease. First to schedule the repair and second to say thank you. Wow. Medti the handyman who came was so friendly, helpful and hardworking!!! Caring and a genuinely kind person. I appreaciated this experience because when I need ANY repair services in the future there is only one call that needs to be made and I know he will answer without a doubt - Doktor Handyman! Thank you again, I sincerely appreciate it

Thanks so much Badu for all your kind words and complements. It was our pleasure and so happy to hear that you were pleased with our work. Like I always say, I don't want you as a one time customer, rather, a life time client. You are a great and kind person and I do hope that our paths cross again very soon.

Danielle - midtown Toronto
Danielle - midtown Toronto

Excellent Handyman Services with a Smile

Hired Aly to perform various handyman type services around our home. He was at all times a true pleasure to deal with and did the job on time, on a very reasonable budget, with top notch quality and with a smile. All work done very professionally. He even managed to figure out and fix 2 plumbing issues (one a leak, and one a smell) that 2 plumbing companies couldn't figure out! Our home is now "fixed up" and nasty smells and leaks gone thanks to Aly! I would highly recommend him.

Well Danielle, It's always a pleasure to do your projects, pleasant people like you guys make me feel great about what I do & give me reason to try harder. Thanks for all the work & looking forwards for your future projects.

hannah4108
hannah4108

Family room conversion to a bedroom, accessible washroom and closet

I moved into a new home and needed to convert the ground floor family room into a bedroom with an accessible washroom for my son as well as finish a closet. This was my first major renovation project and was quite apprehensive about hiring a contractor. I found Doktor Handyman on Homestars and I could not say enough good things about Aly. From the initial meeting, he was very easy to talk to. Aly had a lot of great suggestions both functionally and for cost-reduction. His quote for the project was comparable with
other contractors I met/contacted. Communication throughout the entire project was excellent as well as the quality of workmanship. Aly was also able to accommodate my requests for additional work around the home during that time. Overall, the experience was pleasant and stress-free. I would not hesitate to recommend him and will definitely use his services again for future projects. It was a pleasure to work with Aly. Thank you!

Thanks Hannah for trusting us with your project and your great review, pleasure was all mine to do your work,hope you enjoy your new home for years to come.Aly

Bathroom Reno

Very professional company. They did every day the work they said they would do. Also the way they work was clean and the bathroom tiles look really. Really reco them

I thank you for your great review. it was our pleasure to provide you with our services.

Joan E.
Joan E.

Serious door jamb - from basement to outside

I opted for the company's flat rate, rather than hourly, since Hadi my handyman, said it could be quick or it could be "tricky". It fell somewhere in the middle but his efforts were successful and I am un-jambed. Company responded quickly to my first inquiry and was on-scene the same day of my follow-up. Would definitely recommend and call on them again.

Thank you Joan for your great review. I'm glad we were able to provide with our prompt service and hope you'll use our company for all your renovation projects, whether big or small, from now on. Thank you again. KC, Hadi & rest of our crew members.

DB
DB

Kitchen Remodel

We hired Dr. Handyman for a kitchen remodel. The team remained professional and respectful of our home throughout the project. Dr. Handyman remained on budget and worked diligently to deliver on time. We would recommend Dr. Handyman and his team for a kitchen remodel.

Well D, we did it and our sincere appreciation for your patience during your kitchen remodelling. As hard as it was for you with a two month old child to bare the noise and dust in your home, I'm proud of you for putting up with us. We did our best to keep everything to a minimum and hopefully we just that. The end result is what mattered and as I promised you from the outset, your new kitchen is now exactly how we had planned it all along and looks beautiful.
I wish you years of enjoyment in your brand new kitchen. Thank you D, Royston and my 2 month old new buddy Bryce, who always smiled whenever he saw me.

More about Doktor Handyman

Residential or Commercial Handyman Services

Licensed Contractor with City of Toronto
Division of Avanti Construction Group
Lic# B23003

Do you have jobs around the house/office that need to be completed (on time and on budget),
Big or Small, a professional handyman is always available to complete it for you, with great hourly rates or estimates.

*Plz view sample pictures below.