Handyman Services

Reviews for Doktor Handyman

Laura D from Toronto
Laura D from Toronto

Ceilings and Floors

I called Doktor Handyman because the ceiling at my elderly parents house was leaking and really needed to be fixed quickly. Even though KC was very busy he kindly came over the next day. I explained the problem might have been caused by various factors - all of which I might add were wrong. KC’s diagnostic ability was superb! Not only did he accurately assess the problem, he fixed the pipe and celiling in a very cost effective way saving my parents lots of unnecessary expense. I was so happy with KC that I asked him to do work at my house. We had cracks in the grout in our bathroom tiles which caused water leaking, water damage to basement ceiling, pocket door issues and rotten wood on our balcony posts. He fixed all the problems and then some. I had a kitchen drawer that would not close. He fixed that at no charge. It is the little things he does that made a big difference. He made sure each job was completed and done to perfection. He was kind, reapectdul and professional. I am so glad I found Doktor Handyman on Homestars! I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Thanks so much for your great review Laura. Pleasure is all mine and I sincerely hope that our business relationship will last for years to come.
You made us all feel so comfortable and relaxed whenever we worked at your parents or your own place plus your flexibility on timing, gave us the opportunity to spend more time on your projects and put in more effort to achieve the best results for least expenses & without the time constraints usually associated with this types of jobs.
On behalf of my crew and I, we wish to thank you for your great review and business. Look forward to being there for you for all your future projects.
KC & Crew.

Daniel K
Daniel K

Emergency Duct/pipe Work & other jobs around/in the house

M2N 4B6

After moving to a new house, we needed several small to large (handyman) jobs required to be done around/in the house. After checking out reviews of several contractors on Homestars, I’ve contacted Doktor Handyman, and Aly at Doktor Handyman quickly responded to my message and showed up on the date/time we agreed on. From my first impression, as well as after dealing with him via personal meetings/calls/emails for several weeks, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him - Aly is a true gentleman who is very knowledgeable, courteous, communicative, and professional - and with 25+ years of experience as a contractor (who could do all kinds of small AND large jobs) under his belt, he provided us many helpful details/suggestions, provided excellent/quality service in taking care of some small jobs, and he was even very accommodative by showing up and completing some emergency duct/pipe work required the day after I contacted him, in order for us to go ahead with the scheduled installation of our new washer/dryer. All of his work done for us was completed to perfection and he’s always made sure we were satisfied with his work/final results! Thank you very much again, Aly/Docktor Handyman, for everything, and I will certainly look forward to using (and recommending) his service again for any future projects!

what could I possibly say about your wonderful review other than thank you thank you and more thank you. look forward to seeing you on your next project.
Aly n KC

kathy in Toronto
kathy in Toronto

leaky toilet

M2N 4B6

Casey responded to my call despite his very busy, booked up schedule. He quickly determined that my leaking ceiling in the living room was the result of a faulty toilet wax seal on the second floor -- my only bathroom toilet! He showed me where the seal had failed. The problem was quickly patched up and he came back within a reasonable amount of time to fix the living room ceiling sag, allowing the ceiling to dry. He patched up the ceiling in my living room. I am grateful for his expertise and his professional team. Thanks Casey!

I'm glad we were able to spot the source of leak and help in time by preventing any further damage to your home. Remember, I'm always just a phone call away. Thanks Kathy for your wonderful review. Cheers, KC

terry.w
terry.w

Deck repairs / installing ceiling fans

A number of jobs had to be done, including drywall repairs plus the replacement of the awning on the back porch. All were completed to perfect satisfaction. Will use Doktor Handyman again in the spring when I will need to replace my old wooden fence.

Thanks Terry for your great review regarding our quality of workmanship. Thanks also for your faith and trust based on a referral only. Glad you are happy with all work carried out by us.

Monica from Brampton
Monica from Brampton

Renovation in 15 days

Renovation in 15 days

I hired KC and his team (Baby, O’Neal, Mehti) for replacement of floor tiles, renovation of bathroom (tiles, floor, new tub, vanity, walls etc), and installing hardwood. The work started on August 145 and I wanted the entire work to be finished on August 27, 2017 or before the Labour weekend at the latest. Initially KC allocated 27 business days for the completion of the project. This amazing team finished impeccably the entire renovation on August 30, so in 15 days. I am beyond pleased with the quality of work, their professionalism and proficiency. I like perfection and let me tell you, one single degree off the line upsets me. The floor tiles are so aligned, I had to check with the phone inclinometer. No slope, no mistake. All is perfection. Even when I found something I was not 100% happy with, I told KC and he fixed everything.
His crew moved all the furniture, removed the old tiles and wood, cleaned every evening / night and left the house in the proper condition.
The quality of work, the final price, the professionalism and courtesy, and the promptness are the main reasons why I will hire and recommend KC and his team for any home project.

Don't know how to reply except to say, thank you many many times for your incredible patience, your kindness towards us all, your gracious hospitality and last but not least, putting us under immense pressure for your project completion timing.
To have everything completed and wrapped up in 15 days instead of my original 27 quoted days, only proved to us that when needed, we can and are capable of surprising ourselves too!!!
Thanks for your nice review and hope we will remain the one and only contractor you'll continue to use. Please accept our sincere appreciation on behalf of my crew and I.
Cheers,
KC

Faith  from Toronto
Faith from Toronto

installation of baseboards

I hired Aly to add new baseboards in my hall entry area and in my powder room, after I had new hardwood and tiles installed. Despite an extremely busy schedule, Aly was able to fit me in and did an excellent, professional job for a reasonable price. What a nice man!!
Aly is a good communicator, very knowledgeable, very friendly and a pleasure to have in my home. I would highly recommend Aly.

Thanks Faith for your kind words & waiting for me to have the time to do your project.
Aly

Cdnclub in Toronto
Cdnclub in Toronto

Bathroom Repairs

Bathroom Repairs
I had my bathroom renovated 9 years ago. There was a crack in the tile which leaked for most of those years. While cleaning, a tile collapsed into a hole behind the wall that had dissolved due to water damage. The original contractor came back and repaired the damage. Within a month I was developing uncontrollable mould in the grout and on the tiles. Then a crack from the tub up to the windowsill began to appear. I contacted Avanti Construction Group who gave me a quote for the repairs to the tile and grout with an open end for the balance depending on what was found when the tiles were removed. When the tiles were removed there were a number of issues found; mould, water damage and an improperly supported tub. The previous contractor merely replaced tiles, grout and the window sill but did not address any of the structural problems or mould and water damage issues. When Avanti Construction came to demolish the wall it came apart with two fingers and was ready to collapse on its own. They removed all of the mould, rebuilt the wall correctly and to code and retiled and grouted. The things I like about Avanti Construction Group is that they gave an honest estimate for costs, they came to work every day until the job was done, they showed me what the problems were and how they were going to fix them and the job was done completely and properly. I have confidence in their work which I did not have for my other contractor. I would recommend Avanti Construction Group to my friends

Thank You David for your great and detailed review. My crew and I are happy to see you pleased and satisfied with our workmanship and look forward to a long lasting working relationship. Cheers Mate and thanks for all the advise. KC

maxine c.
maxine c.

closet renovation

So pleased with my closet. LOOKS beautiful and smell nice from the cedar wood. All work was done efficiently and a nice clean up
at the finish. You will be back - I have other jobs!

Dear Maxine, thank you so much for your great review and more importantly, your wonderful hospitality and fantastic positive attitude towards everything. It was a great pleasure working for you and look forward to doing more projects for you. Many Thanks. KC

Martha in Toronto
Martha in Toronto

Bathrooms, 2 bathroom renovations

Could not be more pleased! KC & his crew renovated 2 bathrooms, back to back, without a moment wasted. KC is a great communicator and made himself available every step of the way. His professionalism inspired confidence and left no doubt that he is devoted to providing the highest quality service. The price was as quoted, the work was done faster than anticipated and the quality was beyond expectations. Proud to show off my new bathrooms and would not hesitate to recommend this great company!

Could anyone and I mean anyone ask for a better client than you? You are truly one of a kind. I could only wish more people like you would come across our path.
On behalf of my crew and yours truly, wish the very best for you and we thank you for all the nice things you did for us while we were at your home. YOU ARE THE BEST, MARTHA.

Bruce in Toronto
Bruce in Toronto

microwave installation above the range

Microwave mounting bracket was installed very off center so that the tabs on the bracket did not line up with or fit into the slots in the back of the microwave. Because of this the back of the microwave was sitting on top of the bracket tabs instead of the tabs being inserted into the slots in the back of the microwave. This caused the microwave to be very unlevel from front to back because the back of the microwave is too high.
Also, He didn`t use enough spackle to fill the screw holes in the sheet rock which left indentations in the wall behind the microwave.

I'm astonished and lost for words as to how I'm going to reply to your review. You stood right therr by our side throughout the whole process while we were working AND you gave your approval both verbally as well as signing our invoice where it states "I'm satisfied with the work performed", then you turn around and leave this kind of review ?????????
Wow Bruce, no wonder why three other contractors walked out on you per your own statement that is.
Shame on me for not realizing what kind of a person you truly are at the very start.
Good luck to you in dealing with your conscious.

More about Doktor Handyman

Residential or Commercial Handyman Services

Licensed Contractor with City of Toronto
Division of Avanti Construction Group
Lic# B23003

Do you have jobs around the house/office that need to be completed (on time and on budget),
Big or Small, a professional handyman is always available to complete it for you, with great hourly rates or estimates.

*Plz view sample pictures below.