Doktor Handyman

Reviews for Doktor Handyman

Robert in Mississauga
Robert in Mississauga

Shower Glass Adjustment

Recently, my glass shower door, which is quite heavy and awkward began to migrate out of positon due to poor design and faulty stabilizer arm and frame. I called Aly over the weekend and he responded on a Sunday to agree to come to my home the following Tuesday. He arrived right at the scheduled time and got right to work. The problem was quickly assessed and he went quickly to work to reposition and secure the glass system. He reinforced the glass and added some stabilizing modifications that will reduce the chance of the problem repeating itself. Aly worked quickly and efficiently; he maintained a clean workspace and his price was fair as quoted without upcharge. I highly recommend Aly if you are looking for someone who is competant and professional in serving your home project needs. In fact, we have already discussed having him return in the spring to address a leaky plumbing issue that I am having with my outside water tap.

Hi Robert,
Thank you for the work & great review, it was my pleasure to do your project & looking forward to all your potential future renovation/project.
Cheers
Aly

M from Toronto
M from Toronto

Professional Handyman Service

KC was very friendly and professional over the phone, and Sean came by today to repair a variety of things around the house, and he was very professional. He used his time very well, and addressed each job on our list. We will definitely use this service again because of KC and Sean's professionalism.

I'm so pleased to have read your wonderful review. thanks so much for your business and we look forward to see you at your next project. cheers, kc

D R in Toronto
D R in Toronto

Bathroom renovation

KC and his crew were extremely professional and accommodating. He listened to our design ideas and helped us with suggestions during our first big renovation. The project was more of a challenge than anticipated (mainly the demolition), but the extended timeline was well worth it. His crew cleaned up every day and worked hard to meet the timeline. When completed, any small fixes were immediately taken care of by KC himself. We would definitely use KC and his company, Doktor Handyman, again.

pleasure of working at your home is all mine. on behalf of my crew and I, we wish to thank you so much for your trust and business. thanks so much for your kind review and know that I'm always just a phone call away from you.
many thanks again and I look forward to your next project. cheers, KC

Laura D from Toronto
Laura D from Toronto

Ceilings and Floors

I called Doktor Handyman because the ceiling at my elderly parents house was leaking and really needed to be fixed quickly. Even though KC was very busy he kindly came over the next day. I explained the problem might have been caused by various factors - all of which I might add were wrong. KC’s diagnostic ability was superb! Not only did he accurately assess the problem, he fixed the pipe and celiling in a very cost effective way saving my parents lots of unnecessary expense. I was so happy with KC that I asked him to do work at my house. We had cracks in the grout in our bathroom tiles which caused water leaking, water damage to basement ceiling, pocket door issues and rotten wood on our balcony posts. He fixed all the problems and then some. I had a kitchen drawer that would not close. He fixed that at no charge. It is the little things he does that made a big difference. He made sure each job was completed and done to perfection. He was kind, reapectdul and professional. I am so glad I found Doktor Handyman on Homestars! I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Thanks so much for your great review Laura. Pleasure is all mine and I sincerely hope that our business relationship will last for years to come.
You made us all feel so comfortable and relaxed whenever we worked at your parents or your own place plus your flexibility on timing, gave us the opportunity to spend more time on your projects and put in more effort to achieve the best results for least expenses & without the time constraints usually associated with this types of jobs.
On behalf of my crew and I, we wish to thank you for your great review and business. Look forward to being there for you for all your future projects.
KC & Crew.

Daniel K
Daniel K

Emergency Duct/pipe Work & other jobs around/in the house

After moving to a new house, we needed several small to large (handyman) jobs required to be done around/in the house. After checking out reviews of several contractors on Homestars, I’ve contacted Doktor Handyman, and Aly at Doktor Handyman quickly responded to my message and showed up on the date/time we agreed on. From my first impression, as well as after dealing with him via personal meetings/calls/emails for several weeks, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him - Aly is a true gentleman who is very knowledgeable, courteous, communicative, and professional - and with 25+ years of experience as a contractor (who could do all kinds of small AND large jobs) under his belt, he provided us many helpful details/suggestions, provided excellent/quality service in taking care of some small jobs, and he was even very accommodative by showing up and completing some emergency duct/pipe work required the day after I contacted him, in order for us to go ahead with the scheduled installation of our new washer/dryer. All of his work done for us was completed to perfection and he’s always made sure we were satisfied with his work/final results! Thank you very much again, Aly/Docktor Handyman, for everything, and I will certainly look forward to using (and recommending) his service again for any future projects!

what could I possibly say about your wonderful review other than thank you thank you and more thank you. look forward to seeing you on your next project.
Aly n KC

kathy in Toronto
kathy in Toronto

leaky toilet

Casey responded to my call despite his very busy, booked up schedule. He quickly determined that my leaking ceiling in the living room was the result of a faulty toilet wax seal on the second floor -- my only bathroom toilet! He showed me where the seal had failed. The problem was quickly patched up and he came back within a reasonable amount of time to fix the living room ceiling sag, allowing the ceiling to dry. He patched up the ceiling in my living room. I am grateful for his expertise and his professional team. Thanks Casey!

I'm glad we were able to spot the source of leak and help in time by preventing any further damage to your home. Remember, I'm always just a phone call away. Thanks Kathy for your wonderful review. Cheers, KC

terry.w
terry.w

Deck repairs / installing ceiling fans

A number of jobs had to be done, including drywall repairs plus the replacement of the awning on the back porch. All were completed to perfect satisfaction. Will use Doktor Handyman again in the spring when I will need to replace my old wooden fence.

Thanks Terry for your great review regarding our quality of workmanship. Thanks also for your faith and trust based on a referral only. Glad you are happy with all work carried out by us.

Monica from Brampton
Monica from Brampton

Renovation in 15 days

Renovation in 15 days

I hired KC and his team (Baby, O’Neal, Mehti) for replacement of floor tiles, renovation of bathroom (tiles, floor, new tub, vanity, walls etc), and installing hardwood. The work started on August 145 and I wanted the entire work to be finished on August 27, 2017 or before the Labour weekend at the latest. Initially KC allocated 27 business days for the completion of the project. This amazing team finished impeccably the entire renovation on August 30, so in 15 days. I am beyond pleased with the quality of work, their professionalism and proficiency. I like perfection and let me tell you, one single degree off the line upsets me. The floor tiles are so aligned, I had to check with the phone inclinometer. No slope, no mistake. All is perfection. Even when I found something I was not 100% happy with, I told KC and he fixed everything.
His crew moved all the furniture, removed the old tiles and wood, cleaned every evening / night and left the house in the proper condition.
The quality of work, the final price, the professionalism and courtesy, and the promptness are the main reasons why I will hire and recommend KC and his team for any home project.

Don't know how to reply except to say, thank you many many times for your incredible patience, your kindness towards us all, your gracious hospitality and last but not least, putting us under immense pressure for your project completion timing.
To have everything completed and wrapped up in 15 days instead of my original 27 quoted days, only proved to us that when needed, we can and are capable of surprising ourselves too!!!
Thanks for your nice review and hope we will remain the one and only contractor you'll continue to use. Please accept our sincere appreciation on behalf of my crew and I.
Cheers,
KC

Faith  from Toronto
Faith from Toronto

installation of baseboards

I hired Aly to add new baseboards in my hall entry area and in my powder room, after I had new hardwood and tiles installed. Despite an extremely busy schedule, Aly was able to fit me in and did an excellent, professional job for a reasonable price. What a nice man!!
Aly is a good communicator, very knowledgeable, very friendly and a pleasure to have in my home. I would highly recommend Aly.

Thanks Faith for your kind words & waiting for me to have the time to do your project.
Aly

Cdnclub in Toronto
Cdnclub in Toronto

Bathroom Repairs

Bathroom Repairs
I had my bathroom renovated 9 years ago. There was a crack in the tile which leaked for most of those years. While cleaning, a tile collapsed into a hole behind the wall that had dissolved due to water damage. The original contractor came back and repaired the damage. Within a month I was developing uncontrollable mould in the grout and on the tiles. Then a crack from the tub up to the windowsill began to appear. I contacted Avanti Construction Group who gave me a quote for the repairs to the tile and grout with an open end for the balance depending on what was found when the tiles were removed. When the tiles were removed there were a number of issues found; mould, water damage and an improperly supported tub. The previous contractor merely replaced tiles, grout and the window sill but did not address any of the structural problems or mould and water damage issues. When Avanti Construction came to demolish the wall it came apart with two fingers and was ready to collapse on its own. They removed all of the mould, rebuilt the wall correctly and to code and retiled and grouted. The things I like about Avanti Construction Group is that they gave an honest estimate for costs, they came to work every day until the job was done, they showed me what the problems were and how they were going to fix them and the job was done completely and properly. I have confidence in their work which I did not have for my other contractor. I would recommend Avanti Construction Group to my friends

Thank You David for your great and detailed review. My crew and I are happy to see you pleased and satisfied with our workmanship and look forward to a long lasting working relationship. Cheers Mate and thanks for all the advise. KC

More about Doktor Handyman

Residential or Commercial Handyman Services

Licensed Contractor with City of Toronto
Division of Avanti Construction Group
Lic# B23003

Do you have jobs around the house/office that need to be completed (on time and on budget),
Big or Small, a professional handyman is always available to complete it for you, with great hourly rates or estimates.

*Plz view sample pictures below.