Doktor Handyman

Best of 2021 winnerBest of 2021winner

Reviews for Doktor Handyman

J in Toronto
J in Toronto

Sloppy job at a high cost

I contact Doktor Handyman to adjust a glass shower door which wasn't closing, secure the glass enclosure which was shaky and adjust the bathroom door knob which wasn't catching in the frame.
KC was very responsive and friendly and we settled on a good mutual time. He provided me with a quote in the $350-$400+hst which I thought was high but they had built over 700 glass showers and enclosures and would remove the tempered glass and seal it properly. That sounds like heavy labour to me so the price was palatable.
The first time they packed up to leave the glass wall wasn't secure and still shook. The 2nd time they were already outside and I saw the glass shower door wasn't aligned to the glass wall - the gap was narrow and then large at the bottom. They came back inside and fixed it.
After they departed I saw the mess they left. Clear silicone globs on my shower tiles. Silicone smears and fingerprints on my glass shower wall, silicone on the lid of my stainless steel garbage can, a chunk out of my baseboard and the best was left for last... they left their sharp, metal chisel under my vanity where my 3 year old toddler found it the next day!!
Their workers were unprepared and seemed like complete amateurs.
I paid an overpriced $446 for 2 hours.... for an adjusted door with new plastic strip, messy silicone seal on a glass shower wall and an adjusted door knob.
It was a mistake not to wait for my regular guy to return from vacation, I was in a time crunch. I decided to try something new and now I've spent more than an hour cleaning up their mess.
I'm thankful that no one was hurt.

I'm so sorry about the small scraper that was left behind under your vanity and overall experience you had in doing business with us. As you can see in our other reviews, I go out of my way to achieve client's satisfaction. This time we seemed to have failed miserably and for that I sincerely apologize.
In regards to the silicon issue, I did offer you to come back (over the phone) the next day once it had dried up but you didn't say anything!!! Nevertheless, none of this should have happened and I wish you the very best with your other projects.
doktorhandyman

RichardH in Toronto
RichardH in Toronto

Total Bathroom Meltdown

We had renovated our home 20 years ago, before we moved in, but our 3 bathrooms had decided it was time for a change. The master bath shower decided that we took to many showers and decided to overflow on the second floor to show how much water we used. The guest bathroom decided it really didn't like us having guests so the shower and the toilet decided to leak through the kitchen ceiling and our basement toilet just wanted to be put out of its misery. KC and his crew came to the rescue. We now have a fully functional and brand new master bathroom and our guests are very happy with our guest bathroom. And yes the basement toilet now works very well. While the job did take slightly longer than anticipated it was done extremely well and we are very happy with the end results. We intend to use KC and his crew again in the near future on other parts of the house that have decided that they also want attention.

What a welcoming home you have. You folks made us feel so welcomed to your home it almost felt like we're actually working at own homes.
On behalf of all my crew and myself, please accept our sincere thanks for welcoming and trusting us in carrying out your project and we are so glad to see you happy with our workmanship.
As I always state, I'm just a phone call away anytime you need anything.
Regards, KC
div of #Avanti Construction Group
416.722.9550

Install a door for a basement unit

KC is professional. I have seen some really great contractors and also had experienced some really bad ones for the past 30 years in many different countries. The little project I had wasn't a big of a deal as I thought it was (coz I guess that I was spoiled by the professionals whom I used to have.) Anyways, the little job I had, turned out surprisingly difficult for some other companies or handymen (so they called themselves)...especially during this pandemic. KC kept on trying to finish the job right before Christmas for me.
If you are looking for a professional, responsible,
reasonable, reliable person, try to give KC a call.
I'm sure he could help you out.

I normally don't write reviews. And I can't believe I am actually writing this review at Christmas. But I hope my review here could help you get the right guy to finish what you needed to do.

Thanks KC.

Yvonne

Working for someone who is filled with positive attitude, smiles and ease to work with, made me more determined to wrap up your project prior to start of holidays.
I wish for a happy, prosperous and healthy year ahead for you and your loved ones. Regards, KC

john in Toronto
john in Toronto

Basement bathroom renovation

Doktor Handyman provided thorough service to renovate my basement bathroom. They understood my needs and were cooperative in providing alternative solutions to save money. When all said and done the project came in within budget. I was appreciative of their upfront and professional conduct.

It was truly our pleasure to have worked for you. Your trust and faith in us with minimal to zero interference on your part, made us more determined to finish your project with highest workmanship we could provide.
Hope you will enjoy your new bathroom for years to come.
Regards, KC

Leandro in Toronto
Leandro in Toronto

Interlocks, Siding and Exterior Rear Door

Our aging Toronto town home had a quite a few porous spots in the back where rodents, insects, and the elements were finding their way in. Doktor Handyman was able to ascertain the situation and provide skilled help that could tackle the multiple small jobs that were required. What's more, our technician went above and beyond our expectations for quality and integrity while applying his expertise to create some long lasting work that went well beyond minimum-spec.

It was our pleasure in tackling the problems you were having to deal with.
Your kind review is so very much appreciated and I sincerely hope that you will be a life time client and not a one time customer.
Look forward to seeing you soon for your next project.
Cheers, KC
#doktorhandyman division of

manny.g in Richmond Hill, Ontario
manny.g in Richmond Hill, Ontario
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Patio deck staining September 2020

We had 5 year old patio deck that needed staining. KC is one of the guys who came to give us a quote. His written estimate came out reasonable,
and we hired him to do the project. We set the timeline and as promised his crew started and and finished the job in a timely manner. We are
very pleased with results. Job well done Doktor Handyman. You sent us
Aly, an excellent worker. We will not hesitate to hire you again and recommend you.

Manny

What a delightful review you posted, I could not have asked for anything better.
I thank you for the trust and faith you placed on us and the result obviously confirm the correct decision you made in hiring us.
We look forward to hearing from you soon for your next project.
#doktorhandyman division of

Jacob
Jacob

Professionals

These guys are real professionals. My old bathroom was an issue for my family for a long time and I wanted someone to fix it and decided to try this company. They do the job fast and reliable!

Thank You very much for taking the time to post your review. It is our pleasure to see your happiness with the result on the project you assigned to us.
Look forward to hearing from you on your next project.

Megan@W
M. N.

My experience

I'm really pleased with the service they did. It was done really fast and professional. They treated me well and made an appointment the same day. I will recommend you to my friends!

its our pleasure to have been able to provide you with our service and happy to see you satisfied.
thank you for your great review and hope to hear from you on your next job.

Romy in Toronto
Romy in Toronto

Good service

I really pleased with this company. Guys work fast and reliable. Cute lady put me to the schedule quite fast and the tech. team resolved my issue a few hours later. Well done!

on behalf of my crew including the cute lady (lol) and myself, we thank you for your business and great review you afforded us. look forward to all your future projects. many thanks.

Anton in Toronto
Anton in Toronto

Backyard Repairs and carpentry work

We had some older wood on the exterior of the house that needed fixing (railings, patio walls etc) and decided to contact DoktorHandyman based on the positive reviews.
KC came over the inspect and provide a quote within a few days, and a week after we had the project underway. KC and his team were professional throughout the project and accommodated some changes to the scope along the way.
Overall i was satisfied with the quality of the craftsmanship and prompt service.

it was our pleasure to handle your project. On behalf of my crew and myself we want to thank you for your business, nice review and being accommodating. Look forward to your future projects. Thank You.

More about Doktor Handyman

Residential or Commercial Handyman Services

Licensed Contractor with City of Toronto
Division of Avanti Construction Group
Lic# B23003

Do you have jobs around the house/office that need to be completed (on time and on budget),
Big or Small, a professional handyman is always available to complete it for you, with great hourly rates or estimates.

*Plz view sample pictures below.