Handyman Services

Reviews for Doktor Handyman

kat g in Toronto
kat g in Toronto

Toilet installation

KC and his team came in to replace an old toilet as well as fix up some odd jobs around the condo. He got the toilet replaced and got rid of the old one, and did a good job of explaining the process. He also fixed a hanging door and tried to reinstall some kitchen drawer railings for me. I appreciated his work ethic and will call on KC again if I need future work!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review and I sincerely hope that our number is the only one you'll use for all your future repair needs. Cheers, KC

AD in Mississauga
AD in Mississauga

Kitchen Sink & Shut Off Valve Replacement

M2N 4B6

When I first spoke to KC, he said he didn't just want to do a job for me, but win my business. He quoted me a price to replace a kitchen sink and a light switch. I had not purchased the products and he agreed to pick them up for me at no additional cost.
Little did he know what lay ahead for him. First, the shut off valve was ceased and this was a condo so he had arrange with building maintenance to shut off the main water valve so we could replace them. He quoted me a reasonable price and fixed it.
Then the kitchen sink had been glued to the countertop so he had to leave the site, get support and new tools, returned later that day and completed the job.
He didn't increase the fixed price quote he gave me, he kept me up to date with all the work he was doing and issues he was facing, he wasn't touchy about doing little minor things outside of what we agreed on. That is why he will get my business in the future.

I just couldn't think of leaving your elderly tenant without water till following day hence the reason for return later same day. I've never changed or gone back on my word from the price I quote initially, unless the job requires drastic changes which even then and unless approved by you first, we won't proceed. It was a pleasure providing our services to you and hope to continue our working relationship for sometime to come. Many thanks for your kind review.

Badu Y in Toronto
Badu Y in Toronto

Bathroom Sink Installation

M2N 4B6

I have been unable to use my bathroom sink for the past couple of months as the replacement I needed was on back order due to the unique specifications I needed. Needless to say when it finally arrived I was eager to have it installed after living in my single washroom condo with no working sink (help!). I called around to almost all the highly ranked vendors on Homestars and most either did not answer or wanted to charge an exurberent amount for my casual installation of replacing the old sink with the new one. I only called KC twice and both times he picked up right away ready to answer any questions I had to put me at ease. First to schedule the repair and second to say thank you. Wow. Medti the handyman who came was so friendly, helpful and hardworking!!! Caring and a genuinely kind person. I appreaciated this experience because when I need ANY repair services in the future there is only one call that needs to be made and I know he will answer without a doubt - Doktor Handyman! Thank you again, I sincerely appreciate it

Thanks so much Badu for all your kind words and complements. It was our pleasure and so happy to hear that you were pleased with our work. Like I always say, I don't want you as a one time customer, rather, a life time client. You are a great and kind person and I do hope that our paths cross again very soon.

Danielle - midtown Toronto
Danielle - midtown Toronto

Excellent Handyman Services with a Smile

M2N 4B6

Hired Aly to perform various handyman type services around our home. He was at all times a true pleasure to deal with and did the job on time, on a very reasonable budget, with top notch quality and with a smile. All work done very professionally. He even managed to figure out and fix 2 plumbing issues (one a leak, and one a smell) that 2 plumbing companies couldn't figure out! Our home is now "fixed up" and nasty smells and leaks gone thanks to Aly! I would highly recommend him.

Well Danielle, It's always a pleasure to do your projects, pleasant people like you guys make me feel great about what I do & give me reason to try harder. Thanks for all the work & looking forwards for your future projects.

hannah4108 in Mississauga, ON L5M 7Z4, Canada
hannah4108 in Mississauga, ON L5M 7Z4, Canada

Family room conversion to a bedroom, accessible washroom and closet

I moved into a new home and needed to convert the ground floor family room into a bedroom with an accessible washroom for my son as well as finish a closet. This was my first major renovation project and was quite apprehensive about hiring a contractor. I found Doktor Handyman on Homestars and I could not say enough good things about Aly. From the initial meeting, he was very easy to talk to. Aly had a lot of great suggestions both functionally and for cost-reduction. His quote for the project was comparable with
other contractors I met/contacted. Communication throughout the entire project was excellent as well as the quality of workmanship. Aly was also able to accommodate my requests for additional work around the home during that time. Overall, the experience was pleasant and stress-free. I would not hesitate to recommend him and will definitely use his services again for future projects. It was a pleasure to work with Aly. Thank you!

Thanks Hannah for trusting us with your project and your great review, pleasure was all mine to do your work,hope you enjoy your new home for years to come.Aly

Bathroom Reno

M2N 4B6

Very professional company. They did every day the work they said they would do. Also the way they work was clean and the bathroom tiles look really. Really reco them

I thank you for your great review. it was our pleasure to provide you with our services.

Joan E.
Joan E.

Serious door jamb - from basement to outside

I opted for the company's flat rate, rather than hourly, since Hadi my handyman, said it could be quick or it could be "tricky". It fell somewhere in the middle but his efforts were successful and I am un-jambed. Company responded quickly to my first inquiry and was on-scene the same day of my follow-up. Would definitely recommend and call on them again.

Thank you Joan for your great review. I'm glad we were able to provide with our prompt service and hope you'll use our company for all your renovation projects, whether big or small, from now on. Thank you again. KC, Hadi & rest of our crew members.

DB
DB

Kitchen Remodel

We hired Dr. Handyman for a kitchen remodel. The team remained professional and respectful of our home throughout the project. Dr. Handyman remained on budget and worked diligently to deliver on time. We would recommend Dr. Handyman and his team for a kitchen remodel.

Well D, we did it and our sincere appreciation for your patience during your kitchen remodelling. As hard as it was for you with a two month old child to bare the noise and dust in your home, I'm proud of you for putting up with us. We did our best to keep everything to a minimum and hopefully we just that. The end result is what mattered and as I promised you from the outset, your new kitchen is now exactly how we had planned it all along and looks beautiful.
I wish you years of enjoyment in your brand new kitchen. Thank you D, Royston and my 2 month old new buddy Bryce, who always smiled whenever he saw me.

Chris from Toronto
Chris from Toronto

Call the Doktor!

M2N 4B6

Based off of his Homestars reviews, I engaged Doktor Handyman for a quote to fully gut and renovate my original, 65 year-old main bathroom. I must admit that I had some apprehensions about using a 'handyman' for a project of this size and magnitude, fearing that they might be more of Mr. Fix-it type shop and not sized or skilled appropriately for a full renovation. Don't let the name fool you! Doktor Handyman was an A-1 professional from from start to finish and did an amazing job on my bathroom.

High points:

- Fair and reasonable quote
- Stayed within timeline and budget
- Excellent finished product
- Good communication
- Extremely easy to work with

Personnel:

The company is made up of a couple of different crews all led under the owner K.C. who acts as the General Contractor. Different crews with different skill-sets came on day-to-day basis depending on what stage of job it was at (tear out, dry-wall, plumbing, tiling, electrical, etc) His guys are very polite and respectful. Job site was left clean at the end of each day.

Job:

Tear out was done properly, right down to the studs/joists. Behind-the-wall construction was done to code in terms of insulation, water-proofing, vapor-barrier, etc. The tile work is very well done including the intricacy of having an accent line follow through the shower nook (very sharp). The overall finish is excellent. End-product is a 10 out of 10.

Communication and Working Relationship:

This is the area that I found truly set Doktor Handyman apart. I found K.C. to be extremely easy work with. He was available day or night to talk, answer questions or help me through design choices or component selection. Every concern I had was addressed without issue. I repeat: without issue. There was no himming and hawing, no weighing of how it would effect his profitability. It was just done. Very refreshing. A great example of this is when I asked for additional waterproofing of the shower nook, outside of his current build standard. His response was simply that if I wanted it that way and if it would give me piece of mind, consider it done. He picked up the time and materials. No nickel and diming, no additional cost to me. It's how he operates, one of many examples. Upon completion, he left us a roll of tape and asked us to road-test the bathroom for a weekend. Tape an 'X' on anything we see that needs attention or is not finished to our liking (there's always a couple of things). We did and it was all taken care without question the following week. He really cares about quality work and genuinely wants you to be happy.

In Closing:

I can't think of many ways I could have improved the experience of this renovation. Fast, fair, friendly and excellent finished product. It went so well that I wouldn't let him leave. I immediately booked Doktor Handyman to gut and renovate my second bathroom. I'll leave another review on that job when it is complete.

Conclusion:

If you have renovation and/or contracting work you need done, call the Doktor! You won't go wrong.

Wow Chris, you blew my mind away with your review. I just don't know how to respond other than to say thank you. You know we'll come through for you on the second bathroom Reno as well, and I hope to see another woderfully written review from you. On behalf of my crew and I, we thank you for your trust and faith in our workmanship and hope you'll use your bathroom for years to come. Cheers Mate.

Ric Cohen in East york
Ric Cohen in East york

Repair stone steps, build new side steps

I found KC here on homestars. I was kind in a bind. My home was being sold in one week and the contractor who was supposed to fix my stone steps and faucet did not keep his commitment.

We spoke on the phone and he looked at the pictures and was at my place the very next day. He gave me a quote, which was very reasonable, he had some some difficulty with both the stones and faucet but kept to his quote. He did such a great job that we had him also the side steps.

I would recommend this company without hesitation. Solid job!!!!!!

Rick, I'm happy we were able to help in time. When we first talked and i heard that desperate tremor in your voice, I knew you really do need help and i asked couple of my guys to change their plans and get into action to resolve your dilemma so that you can get it on the market asap.
I'm pleased we were able to be there for you on timely manner and relieve you of any further stress. Good luck with selling your property and hope all works out in the end. Take care. KC.

More about Doktor Handyman

Residential or Commercial Handyman Services

Licensed Contractor with City of Toronto
Division of Avanti Construction Group
Lic# B23003

Do you have jobs around the house/office that need to be completed (on time and on budget),
Big or Small, a professional handyman is always available to complete it for you, with great hourly rates or estimates.

*Plz view sample pictures below.