Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

Gas Line Installation
360 Lake Park Road Carleton Place ON K7C 0C4
HomeStars  >  Gas Line Installation in Nepean  >  Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

Reviews for Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

Peter in Saint Thomas
Peter in Saint Thomas
1 review Ottawa, ON

BBQ natural gas hook up to house

Mike was very responsive to my emails/phone calls from the introduction of the job, qoute and date of install. He has a great attention to detail. I would certainly use him again. Highly recommended.
Peter Kelly
Stittsville Ontario

Very Professional, very prompt!

Been emailing MIke back and forth now and he's fantastic!! I really appreciate his quick response in these times of customer service failures by everyone else. I can recommend you giving him a try!

Great service

Mike did a great job. The work was a bit bigger than expected, and he adjusted his day to make sure it got done, despite the increased scope. Would definitely use his services again.

Tim in Ottawa
Tim in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Installation of additional gas line and gas stove

I wanted to include an additional gas line and install a gas range in order to switch from an electric range. Mike contacted me the same day and gave me a briefing as to what was involved, choices, and emailed me photos and print drawings. He was the most positive response I received and without prejudice (no cost if I did not contract him).
I was impressed for him to do the job. After line installation he levelled the stove in place and tested it and explained every aspect of the cooktop and oven.
There was nothing to do but cook on it.

A really personable, thorough and polite individual.

A really personable, polite and thorough individual.

Sandra & Robert Craig in Ottawa
Sandra & Robert Craig in Ottawa
2 reviews Carleton Place, ON

Gas line installation for gas dryer

We contacted Mike because of his high rating on Homestars. We were not disappointed. He gave us a good idea of the cost of the job over the phone by asking a few key questions. Mike is very knowledgeable and professional and cares about his work and his clients. The day of the job he arrived on time and took his time to make sure everything was perfect. He went the extra mile to make sure we were happy with the job. We highly recommend Mike.

Thank you, Sandra and Robert, for the review of my services. I appreciate your business and your time to provide this review.

jmd in Carleton Place
jmd in Carleton Place
1 review Carleton Place, ON

Gaas Range Installation

Mike installed a gas range for us. Part of the installation included bringing gas piping to the kitchen.
All the work was done diligently and efficiently. Mike is very knowledgeable.
I would not hesitate to recommend Mike.

Thanks for providing this review of my services. I value your business and your time to provide this review.

JF_Naud in Kanata
JF_Naud in Kanata
1 review Ottawa, ON

Gas Range (new gas line and hookup)

I do not usually write reviews, but this time I felt indebted to all previous reviewers that convinced me to hire Mike for a gas range installation, and I think it would be a shame to not share my great experience to everyone that is looking for good reliable gas-related work, and if this can help Mike's business grows and convince other businesses to adopt his work approach the better. I contacted Mike in December 2017 to inquire about a new gas range that I was hoping to buy to replace my old K-aid one with a hopeless circuit board. Mike provided answers to all my questions and even came in person at my house to confirm the install would go smoothly and be in accordance with the building code should I went ahead and buy the more powerful range I was considering. Mike suggested interesting gas range alternatives based on my criteria and what he had hook up lately, and could highlight the particulars of each range so I could make an informed decision. It took months to receive my new range due to unexpected issues, and when the first delivery ended up delivering the wrong range (Mike's work had been planned for the day after), Mike was very accommodating to re-schedule the work for later. When I finally got the right range, Mike was quickly available to perform the work. This was a tricky install due the range and the particular layout of my house (part of work required to install a new larger gas line), but Mike's attention to detail and careful evaluation of all options made me feel confident during the whole install process. There is no question that Mike definitely knows what he is doing. Once everything was hooked-up, he confirmed proper operation of the range, and even followed up a few days later to confirm everything was working great. I would have been totally happy to pay the work price as originally quoted (which was very reasonable), but Mike adjusted it slightly down(! - does that ever happen?) to represent exactly the work that had been performed. To summarize, if you are looking for a competent, reliable and honest person for gas-related work, I would highly recommend you to give a call to Mike, you won't be disappointed. I almost think I should buy a gas dryer so I can hire his services again :)

Thanks for providing your review of my services. I hope your story inspires others to write quality reviews like this one. Just an FYI, a gas dryer is about one third the operating cost of an electric dryer.

Jcourteau in Carleton Place
Jcourteau in Carleton Place
1 review Carleton Place, ON

Gas range hook up.

Mike came recommended to us and he did not disappoint. He was very accommodating with his schedule and he made our hook up a priority. So appreciated his demeanour and skill set. Would recommend Mike for any of your gas hook up needs.

Thank you so much for the review. My main business is a subset of the HVAC trade and therefore relies heavily on recommendations from customers and these reviews. Thanks again for your time and a review of my services.

Clarbold in Markham
Clarbold in Markham

Gas Line installation

He was wonderful! His explanation of what needed to be done, the specific costs involved, timing, help on selecting a BBQ type and the best places to get one, and his efficient and kind manner, were second to none! Totally amazing service from my initial contact with him, to the very end, where he explained everything to me. I LOVE MY BBQ GAS LINE! I would recommend him to anyone who needs any help with gas installation or heating for their home. He went above and beyond my expectations and helped me, someone who is not great with anything house related, feel confident with my choice, and most importantly be able to trust his service 100%! Thank you!
-Lori Claringbold

Thank you, Lori, for your kind feedback and for finding the time to provide this review. I appreciate your business and hope you enjoy many tasty meals cooked on your new BBQ.

Marc L in Ottawa
Marc L in Ottawa

Gas range line install and hook-up.

We purchased a new gas range and had Mike Shurben install the gas line and hook-up . Mike does quality work, is knowledgeable, is pleasant to deal with and even followed up weeks later to see if everything was ok. Would definitely have him back for other gas fitting projects.

Marc L.

Thank you for your review Marc. I value your business and kind feedback of my services.

More about Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

I am a registered, licensed gas technician that focuses on small gas appliance installations. I've been working in residential natural gas and propane for the twelve years, after a change in occupation from the technology sector.
***
My business is structured around core business qualities of reliability and punctuality, dedication to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction.
***
I install Gas Appliances like; Ranges, Cook Tops, Dryers, BBQs, and Pool Heaters.
***
I will perform pre-purchase inspections to determine if a home can properly accommodate a gas appliance (clearance to combustibles & running of gas line). This helps customers make informed purchases eliminating frustration and surprises.
***
I cover the Ottawa and outlying areas providing a quality service at fair prices (typically 30% less than the big box installation services). Call or view my webpage at: http://users.trytel.com/~mshurben/