Gas Line Installation
360 Lake Park Road Carleton Place ON K7C 0C4
HomeStars  >  Gas Line Installation in Nepean  >  Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

Reviews for Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Mike came by for a free estimate. He looked at the area I wanted the gas line installed into and said it would be a tough install given the stucco ceilings in the basement. He said if he couldn't do it to code he wouldn't do the installation. Perfect!

When he came back for the install, he worked with me most of the day to get the gas line installed correctly without tearing up my ceiling using an existing access hole. He knew the regulations he had to work within to get the job done to code with the access he had to work with.

Mike also advised me of the different sizes of gas lines I needed to install if I wanted to install more gas appliances in the back yard or just the BBQ.

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I value your business and hope to be of help again in the future.

Robert in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I contacted Mike to install a gas line for our Barbeque. He was so accommodating and discussed all options for the placement of the gas line and shut off valve and informed us of things that we just weren't aware of. He's is very knowledgeable and he takes the time to do a very tidy installation, our valve is perfectly level and looks fantastic (I know some people wouldn't pay attention to this but it is quite nice).

After installation Mike followed up to make sure I was happy with the job. I would recommend Mike, he really takes pride in his work. Thanks Mike!!!!

Lisa in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

I contacted Mike on a Saturday at 7am, and he was at my place at 2pm for a quote. He gave me advice on models, and how to properly have the space ready for him. He came in, and went well above the service I would have expected. He found a small leak, and stayed while my hubby waited for Enbridge. All in all, excellent service. Would highly recommend Mike.

Aaron in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We had Mike install a BBQ natural gas line for home. He was quite friendly, knowledgeable and responded quickly when contacted.

The job came in under quoted, completed in the time promised and the work area was left very clean.

We would recommend his services for any gas work you require

bigglesworth23 in Kanata
1 review Ottawa, ON

Outstanding job ensuring BBQ fitting was put in ideal place that would minimize cost, fully meet our needs, and be safe. Excellent attention to detail and workmanship. I highly recommend Mike Shurben.

greggasmith
3 reviews Carleton Place, ON

We just bought a new home and had also bought a new gas stove and brought our gas BBQ. We had the builder run the gas line for the BBQ. We asked Mike Shurben Heating Ltd. to come and quote on hooking up the stove and the BBQ. Mike was not only very professional but he identified two major issues with the work the builder had performed on the gas lines. The main line was too small to handle the demand made by all the gas appliances and the builder ran 1/2" gas line to the BBQ which was nearly 70 ft away and this meant the gas line was undersized. When Mike temporarily hooked up the BBQ we definitely could see that there was insufficient gas to get the BBQ up to temperature. Thanks to his information we were able to demand that the builder replace the 1/2" line with an appropriate size. As for the main, I was unsure how well the job would be performed by the builder so asked Mike if he would replace the main line as well. Mike did a superb job on all of it and we, today, can BBQ to our hearts content while using the stove full out. Exceptional work and support.

lee.wyndham
1 review Ottawa, ON

Mike was very helpful and did an excellent job with the gas range installation. He went over and above by answering questions and providing advice over the phone several times before the installation. He explained potential problems regarding the weight of the range and the clearance distance and provided detailed recommendations for how to address the issue. During the installation he took the time to carefully check the functioning, the heat of each burner, etc. I would highly recommend working with Mike Shurben.

Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

Michael came to our house to install a natural gas line to a BBQ. He did a wonderful, clean, professional job, and answered any and all of our questions along the way.

Martin P
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Contacted Mike Shurben after reading his reviews on Homestars and also on advice from another gas professional. I needed a new LP gas line running from the basement into the kitchen for our new gas stove. Mike initially asked us a number of questions to ensure that the existing space would meet all code requirements (cabinet height, clearances etc.) In addition to line installation he also undertook a NG to LP conversion, setup and installation of the stove. Overall we are very happy with the work undertaken. Highly professional and conscientious with a comprehensive knowledge of code requirements. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for any gas work.

Thank you for your review Martin. I sometimes surprise people with all the upfront questions. But once answered, we quickly determine if a switch-over to a gas range will meet the gas code. Thanks again for business and your time to provide this review.

Don & Liz in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I contacted Mike based on reviews on this site. As everyone else has noted, he arrived promptly and his quote was the final price. He is obviously very safety conscious. We will recommend him to anyone looking for a gas installer.

Thank you, Don & Liz, for taking time to provide this review of my services. One of my pet peeves is tardiness. We can’t always predict exactly how long a job will take us and therefore we may be late getting to the next job; But when your job is my first job of the day I like to arrive when I told you I would arrive.

More about Mike Shurben Heating Ltd.

I am a registered, licensed gas technician that focuses on small gas appliance installations. I've been working in residential natural gas and propane for the twelve years, after a change in occupation from the technology sector.
***
My business is structured around core business qualities of reliability and punctuality, dedication to quality workmanship and customer satisfaction.
***
I install Gas Appliances like; Ranges, Cook Tops, Dryers, BBQs, and Pool Heaters.
***
I will perform pre-purchase inspections to determine if a home can properly accommodate a gas appliance (clearance to combustibles & running of gas line). This helps customers make informed purchases eliminating frustration and surprises.
***
I cover the Ottawa and outlying areas providing a quality service at fair prices (typically 30% less than the big box installation services). Call or view my webpage at: http://users.trytel.com/~mshurben/