Hearth And Home Fireplace Specialities Ltd

Reviews for Hearth And Home Fireplace Specialities Ltd

Dwight Watson from Calgary
Dwight Watson from Calgary

Renovation and warranty service

In the autumn of 2016 the Hearth and Home team undertook a full design and renovation of our kitchen, study, dining and living areas which resulted in a fantastic transformation. After 18 months some inevitable curing and stress cracks appeared. Tim promptly arranged for the touch-ups to be done and as a courtesy also helped to attach a Coolsun skylight shade which was above and beyond their call of duty. Great people providing great service.

bpdrebit in Calgary
bpdrebit in Calgary

Switch over from Wood burning fireplace to gas fireplace

We were looking to switch over our wood burning fireplace to a gas fireplace. With the house being built in early 1990's we had a brick facing with a small arch, we wanted to keep the brick and arch intact and just have a gas fireplace installed.
we chose Hearth and homes to do this for us. It was a great choice.
Rob Bourdeau helped us to chose what fireplace product would be best for us as well and answered the hundred questions that we had, he was very patient. The installation team of Jeremy and Doug were excellent, they treated our house with respect, insuring that blankets were laid down, dust and garbage were keep to a
minimum. They were fantastic to work with, they took the old firebox out without wrecking any of the brick, pretty amazing. They knew what they were doing.
We now have a great new fireplace that we will be enjoying for a long time to come.

That is fantastic to hear. We have great people who love what they do. I'll make sure the crew knows.

Cheers,

Kris
Kris

Hearth and Home Fireplace faulty fireplace install

During a recent extensive renovation on our home completed by Home Boss and JT Developments, Hearth and Home was engaged to replace/install 4 fireplaces. We were told by Home Boss that replacement of the fireplace in the master bedroom with a new slim version of fireplace would reduce the build out into the room. Not only was that information untrue as the resulting build out was the same as the working fireplace that was removed, but the new fireplace was installed IMPROPERLY and in an UNSAFE manner by Hearth & Home and Home Boss. During cleaning of the fireplace I removed the fireplace frame and discovered that the wallboard above the fireplace was charred and the paint peeling (see photo). We had already called Hearth and Home on a warranty issue with the basement fireplace and they refused to honour their warranty, so this time I called a different fireplace installer to assess the bedroom fireplace. I was informed that the fireplace had been installed with improper clearances, and the wallboard used was not the correct type to surround a flush fireplace. Furthermore, Hearth and Home left the wires for the wall switch hanging from the wall and supplied no remote so I had to buy a remote and pay someone else to install the wall switch. We must now pay another person to remove and safely reinstall the fireplace with the correct wallboard and correct clearances. I would never recommend Hearth and Home to anyone.

Hello Kris,
It is definitely disheartening when we receive feedback like this. After reviewing our file of this job, we noticed that we were contracted by Home Boss to only supply the parts and do a rough install of your fireplaces. We were not contracted to do any of the electrical, gas fitting, framing or wallboard .Simply put, our company did not do the work that resulted in the charred wall or wall switch issues.
It was a challenging situation serving the interests of both yourselves and the builder and not one that we had come across before. I can only tell you that if we could do all over again with the information we know today, we’d do things differently.
Still, we'd like the chance to meet and discuss what we can do to help remedy this unfortunate situation.
The only contact info I have is that of the builder so please give me a call directly at 403-258-3732.
Sincerely,

Jasmine in Calgary
Jasmine in Calgary

Basement fireplace

So we have had 3 appointments for hooking up a new fireplace in our basement and the people that have come have been always late. Our first appointment, the guy was 1 hour late, the 2nd appointment the guy was 2 hours late. The 3rd appointment, the guy was 4 hours late. They still have not completely finished the job, so I guess I will be waiting all day for the next appointment.

Hi Jasmine, It was great speaking with your husband yesterday and we truly do appreciate the feedback you’ve provided. We'd like to again apologize and let you know we’ve taken some steps to tighten up our scheduling and make sure that our crews are following our policy of notifying our customers when they are not on schedule. This is not how we usually do business and does not reflect a typical customer experience, as we strive to ensure a seamless process for our clients. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Jason Meyer - President

T Lawrence in Airdrie
T Lawrence in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Annual Service

I had my gas fireplace serviced recently and was impressed. The service tech Steve was friendly and did a great job. I was able to get a remote system installed with no extra appointment. I had all my questions answered and was able to save money by prepaying for a 3yr annual service plan. I would recommend Hearth and Home to everyone.

Thank you for the great feedback. I'll be sure to let Steve and the team know the great job they did.

Cheers,

Brian from Calgary
Brian from Calgary

Fire place insert enhancement

I had enquired to Hearth and Home Fireplace Specialities Ltd about improving the look of the fire place insert and Hearth and Home Fireplace Specialities Ltd contacted me and provided the information. we needed.

Bev in Hamptons, Calgary
Bev in Hamptons, Calgary

Fireplace service

My husband called Hearth and Home to service both of our gas fireplaces. Technician was punctual and professional. One of the fireplaces needed replacement parts and a follow-up visit. Very good service.

trish mrozowich from Calgary
trish mrozowich from Calgary

Fireplace servicing & repair

We had two gas fireplaces cleaned and serviced, as well as replacement of the remote unit on one (was not functioning properly). The guys were on time and did an excellent job cleaning the units. Gave great advice on using the fireplaces to more efficiently heat the home. Highly recommend, will have back next year for annual servicing.

Frances W. from Calgary
Frances W. from Calgary

full interior renovation

Please note: The HomeStars format for a review does not provide a third-party or agent review. As an agent for a full home-renovation, last year, it was lucky that I found Tim Snow at Hearth & Home Renovations, and all their great people who take real pride in professionalism and doing a type of specialized work that is - for most of us - an overwhelming concept. They were able to take a house that was neglected for 20+ years (never painted, no new flooring, carpet, doors, windows or plumbing) and Hearth & Home Renovations turned it into a clean, solid home with beautiful features. In this home, added to the aged interior fixtures and finishes, an issue with the way the house had settled over the years altered the scope to a significant extent. It turned out to be a challenging renovation but they followed-through brilliantly! Hearth & Home Renovations handled every obstacle and difficulty with an expert attention to the detail and to the home-owner's concerns. This type of renovation is not easy for anyone but the resulting work from from Hearth & Home's renovation division really added value and comfort to a home that was going the other way quickly. Tim's knowledge and experience, along with his crews, really saved this renovation. There is no doubt that Tim Snow is a 10-Star renovations guy!

More about Hearth And Home Fireplace Specialities Ltd

hearthandhomefireplace. com Hearth + Home Fireplace & Renovations - North 763 Northmount Dr NW, Calgary, AB T2L 0A1 (403) 453-1755 Hearth + Home Fireplace & Renovations - South) 5740 1A Street SW, Calgary, AB T2H 0A6 (403) 258-3732
Looking for Fireplaces pros in Calgary?