Mold Insight Inc.

Formerly Sean Moss Home and Mold Inspections
Mold Detection & Removal

Reviews for Mold Insight Inc.

olakowalewski
olakowalewski
1 review Vancouver, BC

Inspection

Sean was great - incredibly thorough, generated an insightful report, and helped us in our purchasing decision. Goes highly recommended!

Hello Ola, it was great working with you and your sister. Thank you for hiring me and for your thoughts here on HomeStars, they are much appreciated! Regards, Sean

Allistaire - Port Coquitlam

14 9088 Jones Road
Richmond
BC
V6Y 4G9

As the final review might not show line breaks, see areas demarcated by 5 asterisks.

*****Short story:
He is thorough, he has multiple non-invasive (no need to take down walls etc) detection methods to minimize the chance of oversight.

His explanations are concise and crystal clear. No nonsense, no sugar coating. At all times, you know what he's doing and why it is valuable and he is respectful of your time. The estimated time of completion (if you ask for one prior to appointment) is exactly the amount of time he'll take. Not a second wasted. If you want a more elaborate read, see below.

*****Full story:
I've been having recurring episodes of
persistent non-allergic rhinitis this year. After having two family physicians an allergist and ENT doctor examine my case, I've been proven to have no allergies or structural issues. The physicians concurred there could be molds in my house.

Prior to Sean, I tried contacting a few other home inspection companies that shall remain anonymous. These companies missed appointments repeatedly or didn't respond.

My wife found positive reviews of Sean online and so she recommended we contact him. I had a look at his website. I liked how he listed the general procedure and the concise descriptions. They exuded transparency, thoroughness and honesty.

I emailed him then contacted him by phone. I got a good vibe talking to him on the phone, he was responsive, courteous and thorough. He asked questions prior to setting an appointment to see where potential problem areas would be.

We set an appointment and he sent a contract draft by email exactly within the timeline as he promised, and he was five minutes early for the appointment. Though I expected he'd bring a single bag or briefcase, the first thing that surprised me was the amount of equipment he brought to the house - he had three cases of equipment and then took to the task immediately.

Every step of the way, he explained what he was doing and why it was valuable. His explanations were clear and concise, devoid of any esoteric insider-speak or head-spinning jargon.

He pointed out areas of concern and things that needed remediation and reassured he'll capture everything in the final report. I didn't doubt this for a second as he documented things as he did his work.

He used a various instruments including a hygrometer and also brought Marni, a Hungarian Viszla of peerless olfactory prowess and work ethic. She was focused and determined to do her job - they went through every area of the house and she confirmed every area he already pointed out. It was like a watching a bomb disposal unit sweeping an area for semtex or contraband.

In the interest of not turning this to a novel, I'll jump to the end; lastly, he brought a thermal camera and did a final check of the whole house. In the end, although he didn't find, in his words, a 'catastrophic' cause for alarm - he did identify all the problem areas, the net effect of which could contribute to air quality.

In all he was enthusiastic, detailed, analytical, diligent, thorough, consistent, confident, transparent, sincere, caring and a good listener. Before and after the appointment we had a brief chat - nice sense of humor and nice guy. If you finished reading this epic, just do yourself a favor and render his services. I rarely do reviews because I'm generally cynical and hard to please. The fact the quality of his work could compel me to type this much, is a good indicator of the value you'll get in return for asking him to work for you. Fight molds with Moss, Sean Moss. You won't regret it.

Hi Allistaire, wow...I think this might just be the most detailed review yet. Marni and I both enjoyed working with you and meeting your family. Mold inspections can be very complicated, so it was great that you were able to be there for the inspection to ask questions and seek clarification where needed. I truly appreciate the time and effort you dedicated to sharing your thoughts here on HomeStars. Take care and let me know if you need any other assistance. Best Regards, Sean and Marni.

Private User reviews Vancouver, BC

Great expertise and service

I had a mould issue in my home and was quite concerned about the scale of the problem. Sean was incredibly professional and helpful. He genuinely wants to do the right thing for his clients and is very trustworthy. I would definitely recommend Sean.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and experience on HomeStars, it is very much appreciated. Feel free to contact me anytime for questions, advice, etc. Take Care, Sean

Granville Gardens Housing Coop in Richmond
Granville Gardens Housing Coop in Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

94 Unit Inspections

Granville Gardens Housing Cooperative hired Sean Moss to inspect 94 units, as well as our main office building. All of which was completed in a timely manner. He was extremely professional and provided a detailed colour coded report for each unit; highlighting items based on the recommended urgency of repair work needed. Additionally, he went above and beyond his services and was able to connect us with a certified roofing inspector to complete the inspection across 12 building. We will use Sean Moss in the future and definitely recommend his services to other housing cooperatives.

GGHC,
It was a pleasure working with everyone at the coop. The board and residents were most helpful in allowing me the access and freedom to conduct my work. At the end of the day it was a great experience overall and hopefully I was able to make things easier to plan and organize your maintenance program. Thank you too for sharing your comments here on HomeStars. I look forward to working with all of you again in the near future. Sincerely, Sean

Yi Molina in Vancouver
Yi Molina in Vancouver
2 reviews Simcoe County, ON

Moss inspection and air quality testing

We are so happy we hired Sean. We just moved into a house and have some serious concerns about mold growth in the house. Sean did a through inspection of mold and so much more. Since he is also a certified home inspector he found many other health and fire hazards in the house and alerted us. He is very patient, he explained to us in detail of his findings and also gave solid advice on what to do. I find him polite, thorough, professional, honest and very knowledgeable. He also gave me a great price. He did 3 air samples instead of 5, as the other company suggested. He said that given our situation, he didn't think 5 samples were necessary and that would just cost us more money. Overall Sean made our stressful situation less stressful. I would recommend Sean for home inspection, moss inspection and air quality testing!

It was my pleasure to work with you and I appreciate you calling on me to help address the mold situation in the home. Mold is very complicated and at times can difficult to deal with. You too were very patient which is much appreciated. Sampling can get expensive, and at times there is a need for more, but as in this case not always. The key, in my opinion to provide straight forward, fair value. So thank you for posting your thoughts. I wish you and your family all the very best.
Regards, Sean

Walter M.
Walter M.
1 review Vancouver, BC

Inspection for the possibility of mold in suite in apartment building

Sean Moss took one hour for a thorough inspection of each room in the suite including testing the outside air. The end result was that after testing at the lab of the air samples, a low MoldSCORE indicated the air sample did not detect, relative to the outside air, the presence of indoor mold growth in the apartment suite.

Hello Walter, thank you for calling me in to help you resolve the potential mold situation in your suite. At the end of the day, I am happy that you had peace of mind with the results. Take care, Sean

Chantel in Surrey
Chantel in Surrey
5 reviews Surrey, BC

New home inspection in Vancouver West

we called Sean on a Tuesday, Sean scheduled to do the inspection on Wednesday morning, so we have enough time to work on subject removal. Sean's inspection is very thorough, he went through all the issues with us at the end of the inspection and we are impressed with his knowledge and work. What impressed me most is that Sean is a very honest person, there are some areas he told us frankly that he doesn't know much of, like the sauna room. There are things he is not sure of, like the light fixtures in the Washroom, but he said he will check the building code and get back to us. Sean is a trustworthy professional who loves his job and takes pride on his work. Highly recommended!

Thank you Chantel, for taking the time to write a review. It was really very nice working with you and meeting your family during the home inspection. It is true, the code is different than current best practices, and at times we have to do a little digging to find out about areas that we have not been trained in, or had limited exposure with. There are situations where something doesn't quite look right and requires more research. One of the great things about the field of home inspection and why I love my job, is that we are always challenged and learning, as each inspection is unique. Thanks again, Sean

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

Home Inspection

Sean did our home inspection for the purchase of a new home about 18 months ago. It was by far the best money I spent because he saved us from making a big mistake. Even though it was a new home, Sean uncovered several issues that would have costed us thousands of dollars to fix. Sean is a true professional. He was unable to perform our next home inspection but recommended his competitor to make sure we were taken care of. I highly recommend Sean if you need a home inspection.

I am thrilled to see that I was able to provide great value to you and your family. I really wish I had been the one to do your last inspection, but regardless, I wanted ensure you had a great inspection by a colleague who I know would do a good job. (hopefully Karma reads this) I hope all worked out well and hope to hear from you if needed. Thanks for posting your experience. Regards, Sean

zelka.byrnecreekrelated
zelka.byrnecreekrelated
1 review Burnaby, BC

mold inspection

Sean was very professional,, knowledgeable and prompt. Truly appreciated his patience, advuc and expertise. Went above and beyond the scope of what was expected.

Hello Zelka, it was my pleasure, and thank you too for posting your thoughts. Just let me know if you or the coop needs further assistance as I would be happy to help out. All the best, Sean

dbrown
dbrown
1 review Burnaby, BC

mold test

Sean heard we had trades in line and made himself available on the same day we called. Very impressed.

Mr Brown, thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated. It nice to hear that you were able to accomplish your project accordingly. Always happy to help.
Best, Sean

More about Mold Insight Inc.

As a former home inspection company, we have gained considerable insight on how homes and buildings are constructed and the vulnerabilities they possess when it comes to moisture ingress and mold.

Although we have been busy helping our clients with mold and home inspections since 2011, we have focused our business to provide the following:

- Mold Inspections ~ Checking the property for mold/related issues and pin-pointing the mold source(s)
- Mold Testing ~ Testing the air quality for mold/taking physical swab and or bulk samples to a Microbial lab for analysis and a report
- Consulting ~ Asking key questions and advising people on how to understand mold and the best ways remove to and or prevent mold.