Raywal Cabinets

Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design
255 Bass Pro Mills Drive Vaughan ON L4K 0A2

Reviews for Raywal Cabinets

Datta in Vaughan

I got an excellent service from Raywal. I checked a few places before I started the project, Raywal offered me a very good competitive price. They're are very professional. In Ottawa office they have an excellent manager who came to the my house every time I needed to clarify something, verify the job after installation and provided an excellent post installation service! Since I bought their product through Costco I also got a decent cash card from Costco.

Hi Datta,

Thank you for choosing Raywal and your wonderful review. We will make sure these comments get to the staff at Ottawa showroom. May you fill your kitchen with much more great memories.

Thanks Again!

Debbie from Scarborough

We purchased kitchen cabinets from Raywal 6 months ago and although they were accommodating to our requests after they were delivered, it took them 15 weeks to rectify the deficiencies (5 or 6 of them). They were paid in full when the cabinets were delivered, so I guess we were no longer at the top of the list.

There were also a number of items that we noticed after delivery that were surprises.

Our base corner cabinet came without the back half, which we were told was standard so they could fit the cabinets through doorways. I’ve spoken to other people and none of them had the back half missing for their recent renos. The design rep told us the cabinets were like that in the showroom. However, when you’re in the showroom their cabinets are bigger and the countertop is on, so you don’t notice. Basically we have half the cabinet size we thought we’d be getting, eg. wall length is 34”, cabinet length is 17“, see the attached picture.

One of the deficiencies was an incorrect door size and no shelf in our largest cabinet, had to go without that for the 15 weeks.

The knobs we chose in the showroom didn’t match the knobs we received. We were told there are colour variations in production runs so the difference was within the normal range. Not a fan of the darker more matte colour but not much we can do now, other than changing them out ourselves.

We chose the Norfolk door design, but the design isn’t carried through on the smaller doors like the spice drawer and base corner cabinet door. We have 3 different door styles in our kitchen. Raywal’s engineers advised they can’t carry the pattern through on smaller doors.

After having the kitchen for 6 months now, I notice that the shine on the cabinets isn’t as bright as it was. We haven’t put anything on them so not sure why that is and it’s only been 6 months.

The Raywal warranty is only 1 year on materials and workmanship, and lifetime warranty on drawer sliders and hinges. This Homestars website shows their warranty as 5 years, but that is not on the flyer I have, see the attached. My friend recently bought her kitchen from Lowes who offer a limited lifetime warranty for everything.

Our cabinet installer, who by the way was excellent, explained a number of things to us, which we felt should have been explained to us prior to the installation. As this was our first kitchen reno, you don’t always know what questions to ask and you try to do your research and cover all the bases, but you can’t know everything. He advised the soft close on the corner cabinets don’t really work because of the nature of the door and he also explained that the soft close on one of our doors wasn’t possible because of the way the door was attached to the custom cabinet.

Our kitchen has a peninsula and it was actually brought out 3” more than it should have been, this was an oversight on our part as we asked to have this corrected on the plans, but missed it when signing off on the final design. Also, our upper cabinet is an inch shorter than the bulkhead, so you notice it. My recommendation to anyone doing a kitchen reno is to ensure you double check the wall measurements before signing off. I didn’t think I would have to do this, but I am sorry I didn’t.

At the quote stage we didn’t receive a price breakdown, everything was lumped together. It would have been nice to see a breakdown and to see where we saved with respect to the promotion they were offering. Again, my friend who bought cabinets from Lowes got a detailed breakdown, which is good so you know if there are certain things you don’t want to pay for.

I am giving Raywal a 5 because of the delayed response to the deficiencies and the items noted above.

Marisa in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I was referred to Raywal by Costco to renovate and re-design my kitchen. I dealt with Vanessa Goodkey, who I found to be very knowledgeable, friendly and easy to talk to. From the beginning she provided helpful input on designs and expert advice. I am very happy with the quality and workmanship of my kitchen cabinets & I will gladly recommend Raywal & Vanessa to family, friends & acquaintances. I must say, I did not expect to have such a wonderful experience renovating. It was a pleasure dealing with Vanessa & her team from start to finish. Also, Roy, the cabinet installer, did an amazing job & was very meticulous & so very careful. Without a doubt, I believe Vanessa & her team genuinely care very much about their customers and that in the end they get what they envisioned & much, much more...

Hi Marisa,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We will make sure these comments get to Vanessa and Roy. May you fill your kitchen with much more great memories.

Thanks Again!

1 review Ottawa, ON

Carly the sales rep, provided me with great service! Her measurements were accurate and her advice on a proposed layout was spot on. I relied on her experience when picking out edging for my countertops. When the kitchen was installed, the installer was efficient. The team here in Ottawa were professional and respectful of my decisions.

Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with Raywal and our designer, Carly! We will make sure these comments get to her.

Carly and the Raywal team from Ottawa continue to delivery on there promise of quality and responsiveness with kitchen cabinet and vanity products. Carly works closely with us as the builder and our client to achieve the right finish while not losing sight of space and cost constraints. Good work to the Raywal Ottawa team!

Thank you for the wonderful review. We always make sure our customers get the best value and service from us. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with Raywal and our designer, Carly!
Thanks again!

I originally was going to opt for an IKEA kitchen but I'm glad I came across Raywal while surfing. Vanessa Goodkey from Raywal was excellent in coming up with a beautiful and efficient design. The quality of workmanship and installation is fantastic. I'm very glad I took this route and would recommend them to anyone looking for a new kitchen.

Hi,

We are very glad that you've chosen our products and services. Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with Raywal and our designer, Vanessa! We will make sure these comments get to her. May you fill your kitchen with much more great memories.

Mark and Kim in Toronto

We looked at many different cabinet makers offered by the big box stores. My parents have 30 year old Raywal kitchen cabinets and they are still going strong, so they recommended we take a look. My girlfriend and I met with Amal Morcos at Raywals Vaughan location. She was extremely patient and professional throughout the entire process. We are very fussy people, and throughout all of our changes and questions, she remained calm and guided us through to the successful completion of our order. If the installation goes as well as our time spent with Amal, we will be very satisfied choosing Raywal for our kitchen and bathroom cabinets and countertops. We highly recommend both Amal and Raywal to anyone looking to renovate their kitchen or bathroom.

Hi Mark and Kim,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with Raywal and our designer, Amal! We will make sure these comments get to her.

Patty in Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Just had to let people know about our incredible experience with Raywall kitchens- especially Andreina, our kitchen designer. Andreina was incredibly patient, knowledgeable and accommodating in every aspect of our kitchen remodel. The customer service was exceptional and we truly felt like they cared to get it just perfect.
Our Reno was a lengthy one due to waiting for permits to demolish walls and the design is completely different from the original kitchen. But we literally have an open concept with zero “dead space” in our cupboards and every cabinet has something “special” whether it’s slideouts, spice racks, garbage/recycling centre, vertical tray/pan storage, tinted glass doors, etc.
We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the cabinets, starting with their packaging on arrival and installation expertise. It’s not easy choosing a stain and style from one sample door, so we were extreme happy on installation day when we saw how good everything looked- so rich and expensive looking. Andreina was always quick to respond to our emails and in arranging followup service calls as required to install counter supports and extra slide outs/shelves.

Because of the new open concept with a spacious breakfast bar our family actually likes eating together in the kitchen now rather than at the coffee table! Thank you Raywall for bringing our family together again!

Thanks for the great review Patty. We are very pleased to hear you and your family love the new kitchen. We will certainly pass along the message to Andreina.

Thanks Amal for good service and for helping us to finish our project. Our kitchen looks amazing.
I absolutely recommend Raywal for my family and to my friends.
My rate is 10 of 10

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with Raywal and our designer, Amal! We will make sure these comments get to Amal.

Tracy Reichel in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

There were some minor hiccups after the first install. A different guy was sent out and they listened to everything I had to say and fixed everything I had on my list. The fixes I speak about were just minor fixes or adjustments. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. We spent a lot of time figuring out what we wanted. I would definitely recommend Raywal to anyone who needs a new kitchen. Vanessa and Nick are amazing. The other thing we really liked was that the cabinets were custom. We have 2 areas that are shaped weird and the other places like Home Depot and the like are unable to make custom cabinets to fit your weird spaces but Raywal is.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you have had a good experience with Raywal and our designers! We will make sure these comments get to them. May you fill your kitchen with much more great memories.

More about Raywal Cabinets

Raywal is a Canadian owned kitchen cabinetry company building beautiful kitchens for over 60 years. Raywal offers quality cabinets that complement today's lifestyle, while providing a wide range of styles, colours, and kitchen solutions.