Eco Choice Windows & Doors

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Concord  >  Eco Choice Windows & Doors
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Eco Choice Windows & Doors

D. f.
1 review Caledon, ON

It's been a real pleasure to work with the EcoChoice Windows. Everyone on the team - the salesman, the admin and the installers were very professional and demonstated great customer service. The installers were on time, and left the house well cleaned. And of course, the windows are fantastic. We had so many compliments from our neighbours and friends.!

Job Price

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad to hear your experience with us was positive. Enjoy you new windows!

Sharon Weinstein from Toronto

We recently had 3 windows replaced by EcoChoice and are extremely pleased. The quote from Ilan was very competitive and the installer Alex who managed our installation was excellent. Alex is very precise and the windows are all working well, both the casement and awning windows. The project was completed within their estimated time frame without any glitches. I highly recommend this company.

Job Price

Thank you for your review Sharon. We are glad to hear your windows are working well and that your experience with both sales and installation staff was pleasant.
Thank you for the recommendation.

I have been working with Eco Choice and have been very pleased with the way the situation is being rectified, no company is perfect all the time, there was a screw up but it being fixed, my wife is happy and that's all that matters. They have a good product and obviously the after service has been great too. Thank you Eco
I don't like putting up negative reviews but I am rather annoyed, I ordered a thicker glass, I paid for a thicker glass, it took me several weeks to decide on a company to deal with and I did not get what I asked for and paid for. I was delivered and installed the 3mm glass instead of the 4mm glass in the windows, I only wish I was told before the install took place and honestly I'm not sure if it wasn't done on purpose because when I asked before the install took place I was told it would be looked into and I never got confirmation until I called back after the job was done.
The windows look fine, the installation went well I'm just ticked that after all the research I did I didn't get what I ordered and paid for.

Eco Choice is working on making things right and satisfactory for us so kudos to them for not leaving us high dry

Job Price

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you are not fully satisfied with your experience. We are proactively looking into this matter so we can come to a satisfactory resolution for you. If you wish to call and speak with us please do not hesitate to reach us by telephone at 1-855-273-3261

Stephanie

Great company, very knowledge, professional, and dedicated. From first contact until the final installation communication was open, clear and consistent. We are very happy with our new windows and look forward to working with eco choice windows and doors again.

Job Price

Thank you for your review Stephanie, we are glad to hear that you are enjoying your new windows. We look forward to working with you again as well.

Cynthia in Toronto

Note: I am a real person & this is a real review.

I am writing you as a means to document my experience w/Eco Choice doors, your installers & you. I will post this honest & detailed review online, shortly.

1. I am very unhappy w/my door. Not only does the door NOT look like the pictures shown to me both online & in the printed brochure, from the outside of the house the glass pane appears green. Again, the glass from the outside appears green & not clear. I was never told the glass would NOT be clear nor was I shown an accurate depiction of the door I was to receive.

2. Only one of the installers could speak English. I was not able to communicate at all w/the non-speaking installer. He suggested I talk to the other installer, who spent most of the time he was at my home shouting & arguing very loudly either on his cell or directly at/with the second installer. Very unprofessional behavior, very annoying & very unexpected. Furthermore, the installers arrived almost 2 hrs. late. I did NOT receive a call from your office; infact, I called your office twice. I didn't receive either an explanation or an apology from anyone at Eco Choice.

3. I was presented w/a comment form to fill out, which I partially completed only after inspecting the "final" result of the door installation. The form was given to me before the job was completed rather than after, which I understand is standard procedure. The 1st installer was still applying caulking & the job site had NOT be cleaned from the inside or outside when the form was given to me.

4. The work site was NOT cleaned before the caulking was applied around the ext. of the door. The installer suggested to me that he had swept the area thoroughly. He had not. I swept the driveway, which was covered in saw dust. I swept the front porch, which was covered in saw dust. Due to great amounts of saw dust still being present on the front porch it ended up on the black caulking. Again, the work site should have been properly & throughly cleaned before ext. caulking was applied. Am I, the customer, expected to leave the front porch filthy dirty for a minimum of four days while the caulking is drying? Also, I have two very large flower planters as well as a large colored mat & a smaller black mat placed on my porch. Am I, the customer, expected to leave these decorative items to the side while the caulking is drying? If the porch was cleaned thoroughly there would NOT have been an issue at all. The items would have been placed down where they belong & the black caulking would NOT be covered in saw dust. Additionally, I spent 45 mins. cleaning the interior entryway of my home. NOT acceptable!

5. The installer was very argumentative; instead of admitting his mistakes, apologizing & moving on he continued to argue w/me. I found his behavior greatly upsetting & very unprofessional!

6. The work area was NOT properly or thoroughly cleaned after the installation was allegedly completed. The work area should be left in the same state of cleanliness in which it was found. As the paying customer, it is NOT acceptable for you to expect me to pay you thousands of dollars then clean up after you.

7. I do NOT have to prove anything to you. I am the CUSTOMER you are the SERVICE PROVIDER. It is you & NOT I that is required to provide evidence that the door depicted in the pictures & the door I agreed to purchase are one & the same. You have a great deal of nerve asking me to provide you w/online reference pictures of a Pinehurst Entry Door to prove my argument. It should be noted that your brochure pictures are misleading & inaccurate. One could, if they wanted to, accuse you of false advertising.

8. During our in-home consultation, I stated to you in no uncertain terms that I wanted the wrought iron to pop, to be crisp, to NOT be lost in the glass. We decided against the sand-blasted option & instead went w/the "clear", textured glass option, which you assured me would provide the result I was after. It did NOT!

9. The interior of the installed door is not white; rather, it appears to be a very unattractive off-white w/a cool, pale blue cast. I asked for a white door, one would assume that means pure white.

In conclusion, your installers were exceedingly late, unprofessional & dirty; the wrought iron does not pop, but is lost in the door itself & can hardly been seen; the glass pane appears green from the exterior rather than clear; the int. white side of the door has an unattractive blue cast to it; your promotional materials are misleading & inaccurate; you asked me to prove my case to you rather than you prove to me that the contract was honored & I received the service / door I purchased.

FYI, my family purchased the house next door to mine; Eco Choice recently installed an entry door at that property as well. From the inside, the entry door is also an unattractive off-white, w/a blue cast. Again, the int. door is not a true white one would assume it would be.

I cannot stress enough how upsetting this experience has been. At this point, I would NOT recommend your company to anyone.

Cynthia P.

Job Price

As a service oriented business we strive to create the best customer experience possible, but sometimes issues do arise. The green hue you are referring to can be found in all glass inserts (doors, windows, shower doors) but it seems to be more dominate on the Cast glass that comes with the Pinehurst Iron design you picked.

We installed the exact product you ordered without making any modifications. The reason we asked you to send us pictures of the glass insert is so that we may examine it and compare it with your order documents to confirm we have provided you with the product you purchased.

Our installation crew arrived at 10:50am for this single door installation. We do advise all our customers that our crew will arrive between the hours of 9 am and 11 am incase they run into any delays.

The Completion form is given at the beginning and collected at the end of the installation. This is to gather feedback from our customers as it relates to the overall buying experience.

We apologize for the sawdust in the air, floor and on your radiator by the door. We did cover the floor with drop sheets but we cannot control the elements outside. We did our best to clean everything and apologize we missed some spots and did not meet your standards. The sawdust on the caulking is a result of you sweeping outside the door while we were still working outside and it went into the caulking. As discussed and agreed upon, the caulking and the glass insert will be replaced with an insert of your choosing.

The colour of the door is the standard white in the industry and it is accepted by all of our clients.

Once again, we at Eco Choice Windows and Doors do keep customer service top of mind and take every opportunity to turn a negative experience into a positive one.

brooksie.s
1 review Beaverton, ON

Very clean, work very hard and clean up everything when they are done. No garbage left behind. Very happy!

Job Price

We are so glad to hear you are happy with your new windows and door. Have a great summer.

Cathy
2 reviews Kitchener, ON

Excellent customer service from initial quote to final installation. This is the second time we have used Eco Choice Windows and Doors and would highly recommend them.

Job Price

Thank you for the recommendation. We truly appreciate having the opportunity to meet your expectations a second time.

Terry in North York

As you can see from the before and after pictures we are thrilled with the results. Not only do Eco Choice Windows improve the look of our house but they have efficiently stabilized room to room temperature. The installation was fast and professional. We highly recommend Eco Choice Windows & Doors.

Christy Emmerson
Terry Dillon

Job Price

Thank you for the recommendation Terry & Christy! Enjoy your new windows & door!

Kent Graham in Brant
1 review Brant, ON

Terry Brown was a pleasure to work with, he provided a very competitive quote, timely install and even came to check the quality of work! I will definitely use Eco Choice again! thanks again Terry

Job Price

Thank you for the kind words. You missed spelt our name however we are that we could do such a good job for you. Thank you for your business.

Doug in Waterloo
3 reviews Waterloo, ON

I had all 8 windows replaced in my home by Eco Choice. 6 were small/medium size stud to stud, 1 very large stud to stud, and 1 very small retro fit done.

I had about 6 or 7 quotes, Eco Choice was the first to respond and get back to me, very pleasant process with Terry and he was extremely patient with me. Eco Choice ended up being in the middle to lower price range but were the most friendly, quickest to respond, informative, and helpful in my decision making process.

Through the entire process I received confirmation phone calls for timing. Terry came back to show me the windows for a second visit and installers were right on time and finished the job in 2 days. Very kind people, I let them in the house and I went back to work. Cleaned up everything and the installation looks fantastic, very exited for these new windows.

Only issue I had was I requested frost windows for my bathroom and there was a mix up in the invoice. They discounted me the difference (or asked if I wanted them to come back, but I took the discount, not a big deal), were very apologetic and I appreciated their honesty. That is the only reason they are getting 4/5 instead of 5/5 for satisfaction (I wanted to give 4.5/5 but couldn't!)

Overall price was just under $6000 where as the rest of my quotes ranged from $5500 - $7000 (one even came in at $9000).

Job Price

Thank you for your review Doug!
We truly appreciate your honesty as we try our best to minimize mistakes and are glad to your a happy with the end result.
Enjoy your new windows!

More about Eco Choice Windows & Doors

Eco Choice Windows & Doors is an award winning replacement windows and doors company providing homeowners in Toronto and GTA with quality Replacement Vinyl Windows, Fiberglass Doors, Steel Entry Doors, French Doors, Sliding Vinyl Patio Doors and European Tilt and Turn Windows and Doors.

As an authorized Energy Star Canada Partner, we offer only high efficiency windows and doors to ensure homeowners achieve the most savings towards their energy costs.

**Best Of Homestars 2017 Winner in Toronto for Windows and Doors **

** VOTED BEST OF HOUZZ 2014, 2015 and 2016 FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE**

** 2014 READERS CHOICE AWARDS WINNER -- BEST WINDOW/DOOR RETAILER by Therecord.com **

BE SURE TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

ADD US ON GOOGLE PLUS

Eco Choice Windows & Doors

Contact us today for a free consultation on windows and doors.
Local: 416-690-9992 | Toll Free: 1-855-273-3261