Odd Job Handyman Services

Reviews for Odd Job Handyman Services

William
William

Interior Door Install

Very satisfied with all aspects of dealing with Justin and the two gentlemen sent to work on my job. Justin is very quick to respond to all requests and I was able to get scheduled in quickly. The workers arrived within the promised time window, I explained a couple things, and they went about their business. The quality of the work was stellar, thanks guys! I think their cost is perhaps a bit on the high side (but maybe not for Toronto, what do I know?) however I'm fine with that given the all-around positive experience and quality work.

Thanks for the kind review, William! We pride ourselves on the level of service Odd Job can offer, that other guys simply can't.

Laundry room

We needed needed to install a new washing machine and dryer in our laundry room, and the current space was insufficient. We hired Odd Job Handyman to cut a counter, repair drywall, and repaint the area. The two technicians that did the work were great to deal with and did an excellent job.

Thanks for the kind review!

Cam in GTA
Cam in GTA

Pleased

I called this company to assist with repairing the whole in my wall. It was a simple job but one that was done efficiently, professionally and within a reasonable cost (compared to the other quotes received).
Pierre was the gentleman that assisted with this service and I was pleased with his work and punctuality. I would use this company again for future fixes.

Hi Cam, thanks for the review! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

ClaireH in Toronto
ClaireH in Toronto

Shelves in cupboard

I needed some shelves put up in a closet. Odd Job were amazing! Greg showed up on time, and completed the job quickly and efficiently. The shelves are really sturdy and they look fantastic. (I keep opening the cupboard to see how great it looks.)

Thanks, Claire! We're real proud of all the work we do. Don't forget to show it off on Instagram ;)

Steve in Toronto
Steve in Toronto

Various Repairs and Installations

We were very happy with the work done by odd job. The guys showed up on time every day as scheduled, they were very courteous and new what they were doing. They cleaned up after themselves and went the extra mile to ensure the quality of their work. Special shout out to Saverio for his efforts. I would absolutely use them again and recommend to anyone looking to have work done.

Thanks, Steve! We'll let Saverio know that he has a fan. :)

Manny in Toronto
Manny in Toronto

Electrical work

Replaced track lighting and moved a light switch. They came on time. Called me to keep me informed of necessary changes to the work. Gave me options and let me choose. Good friendly service. Would use again.

Thanks, Manny! We're glad we could help! It was our pleasure!

verapetko in Toronto
verapetko in Toronto

4 Small Jobs Plus an Emergency

I bought a large mirror with Christmas money and wanted it installed safely. Plus I had 3 small jobs so I decided to give Odd Job a try. I got a quote and set up the appointment - then my kitchen faucet sprung a leak! Justin added this to my work order and confirmed it could all be done at the same time.

Shawn the technician was friendly, calm and professional - AND he knew exactly what to do. In fact, he provided a wall plate for my light switch because I didn't buy one and the old one did not fit.

As a non-DIY-er with no friends to help me, I am thrilled to find Odd Job and they will definitely get repeat business from me!

Got a job or two that you can't do? Contact Odd Job immediately. You will be glad you did and have peace of mind plus the work done just right! Odd Job is a God send and I bless each and every member of the team!

Thanks for the kind review, Vera! At Odd Job, we're not just an in-and-out kind of company. We can recognize problems before they become bigger issues, and pride ourselves and getting things back on track for you. Thanks again!

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Condo Repairs

Pierre is an excellent tradesman. He was on time, very professional, friendly and courteous. He offered good suggestions to repair the plumbing in our condo that ultimately saved us from having to buy new bathroom fixtures, ultimately saving us hundreds of dollars. This was my first experience with Odd Job Handyman Services and it certainly won't be my last. I was impressed with their mobile truck workshop. Every tool that you could imagine for most home repairs was available in their neat and tidy work van. I highly recommend Odd Job to friends and family.

Thanks for the review! Our Mobile Workshop is one-of-a-kind, and one of the big reasons we're Toronto's Number 1 Handyman.

Adam in Toronto
Adam in Toronto

Drywall Work Under The Stairs Crawl Space

I had a small dry walling job I wanted to get done and was having a hard time finding a company that would take on such a minor project. Odd Jobs were quick, efficient and got the job done right within my budget. I'm very pleased with their work.

Hi Adam, thanks for the kind review! We specialize in the small jobs that other contractors think are "too small." There's no job too small for Odd Job.

More about Odd Job Handyman Services

ABOUT US

Odd Job Handyman Services began in 2008 with one man and his truck. It's since grown to be one of the largest and most reliable contractors in Toronto, serving thousands of homeowners and businesses throughout the city. On Feb. 16, 2017, it was one of five handyman services in Ontario to be officially named "Best of 2017" by Homestars, the largest network of home professionals in Canada.

Odd Job offers a wide range of services including drywall, painting, tiling, flooring, millwork, hanging, junk removal, furniture assembly, basic plumbing & electrical and all general repairs. The work performed by Odd Job is covered by a two-year warranty.

The staff at Odd Job is fully licensed, bonded and insured, and every member has been background-and-identity-checked. They're hand-selected from the "best of the best" in local professional circles (each with at least three positive references) and subjected to a series of in-shop tests before they're admitted into the team.

HISTORY

It all started with Justin George, an exceptionally-handy property manager who had great difficulty convincing professional contractors to visit his building for "small jobs." Justin, a red seal tradesman, was so tired of contractors telling him "it wasn't worth their time" that he was forced to take care of most of the repairs and maintenance himself.

He realized he was far from the only person who was in this predicament. There were many people without the time, the tools or the talent to recaulk their shower stall, hang their favourite paintings or repair a few pot lights.

Not everyone trusts the mystery men on Craigslist and Kijiji, and so Justin wanted to provide them a professional option. "It might be a small job, but it's a big deal," Justin said, "People need a company that treats it that way."

Mr. George graduated from George Brown College with a degree in mechanical engineering and from the University of Western Ontario in 2011 with a degree in technological education, manufacturing and construction. He is an Accredited Manufacturing and Construction Educator and a member in good standing of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals (ACHP). He loves cats, guitar and building things (anything). His most important values are honesty, quality and consistency and his motto is: "There's always a way to get the job done right."

PRICING

We offer a la carte, task-based pricing for all of our standard services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project."

BUSINESS & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES

Odd Job also serves many small businesses, including retail stores, office facilities and income properties. Our project manager was a longtime property manager and every member of the team has extensive experience in facilities management. Among the many businesses that trust Odd Job are Shoppers Drug Mart, Holt Renfrew, Burberry, Fresh Restaurants and LensCrafters.

Let us take care of you while you take care of business!

Handyman Services, Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Furniture, Home Office Renovation, Decks, and Drywall Contractors
We offer a wide range of handyman services, including all general repairs, hanging, grout and caulking, furniture assembly & maintenance, cabinetry installation, carpentry, painting (mostly interior), drywall installation & repairs, door installation & repairs, deck installation & repairs, fence installation & repairs, tile installation & repairs, backsplash installation, shelving installation, window treatment installations, basic plumbing, site work, demolitions, clean-up, junk removal, and much more. We also offer premium renovation services. Call (416) 520-1161 and request a quote from our renovations division today. We will establish a budget, timeline and plan in advance, and then provide the highest quality of labour, materials and expertise to make it happen. We offer a wide range of maintenance services to homeowners, tenants, property owners, real estate agents and many of the city's most important businesses. Odd Job offers a la carte pricing for all of our services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project.
We specialize in the things found on your "honey-do" list - hanging, drywall, tiling, all general repairs, and small to mid-size renovations.
2008
Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Check, Cash, E-Transfer
Metro License: T85-4305843
Association of Certified Handy Professionals
$125 includes minor materials
PROJECT RATE
1000 +
Our 2-year warranty covers all general repairs and some installations. The warranty does not cover moisture damage, ground shifting, weather-related damage, material failure or change in mind.