Odd Job Handyman Services

Handyman Services
ONLY SERVICING TORONTO. WE DO NOT SERVICE: BRAMPTON, NEWMARKET, WHITBY, OSHAWA, MARKHAM, VAUGHAN, AJAX, PICKERING, SCARBOROUGH AND BURLINGTON ON
HomeStars  >  Handyman Services in Toronto  >  Odd Job Handyman Services
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Odd Job Handyman Services

Sidney_Farns in Toronto

I've never had a more positive experience with a contractor. I'd just moved in and there were countless chores before me. The front door needed to be painted and I wanted to hang some art, blinds and hanging a lot of art, some stylish window dressings and a large television set. A friend told me I should contact Odd Job and am I glad I did! Through four visits, they were always on time, very professional and were working from the moment they arrived to when they left. They kept me fully up to date on every stage of the project and always seemed to come with a great attitude. The work was done beyond well and I have no complaints! Odd Job is the real deal.

Job Price

Hey Sid! We're very glad to hear you were as pleased with the work performed as our team was. We love hanging art / window dressings and helping people like yourself give your home the "personal touch" it needs. Please feel free to call us again at any time. Thanks for the review!

I have used this company for a number of projects. They are very professional, punctual and do fulfill their 2 yr guarantee. I find them a bit expensive, but then I am not very wealthy.

Job Price

I had Odd Job do some caulking in bathrooms and mount a very large mirror. Beyond impressed with end result, very very good work. I would highly recommend these guys.

Job Price

Hi! I'm *really* glad you were satisfied with the work performed and for taking the time to tell us about your experience here. Feel free to call us again for your next "odd job." Thanks for the review!

Al

Hired twice in March 2017.

Downtown condo job
As an off-site owner, it was great that they could come in to complete this job without me being there.
Replace electrical socket, glue counter-top, caulk bathroom fixture and install light fixture.
Electrical light fixture was installed incorrectly the first time, had to schedule a 2nd visit no charge.
Damage $300

North York condo job
Install 2 light fixtures, remove 2 electrical sockets, drill a hole in a desk. Since the wiring in my condo is a bit tricky they had to hire another electrician to come at $125/hour.
Damage $500

Their key staff member/receptionist Kelly is courteous, she can be hard to get a hold of by phone at times. She had trouble running my credit card due to using an incorrect address, ended up paying by e-transfer. I would use again, since they actually provide written quotes in advance and provide invoices which can be useful for tax purposes.

Protip - Buy the materials in advance, and email photos to get a quote.
They charge $25 for all jobs North of the 401 and primarily service downtown Toronto.

Job Price

Hey Al! I'd like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with us and other tenants and homeowners on Homestars. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with the work performed and with our sophisticated estimation and invoicing system, designed to keep clients well-informed from the first phase of the project to the last. To clarify, we do not go north of the 401 and the $25 load fee is applied to cover the costs of navigating from parking to your condo. Thanks again for the review and for giving us your business. Looking forward to hearing from you in the future and hoping we'll earn a ten-star review after our next visit! ;)

amandahbrewer

I ordered a new tub shield to replace one that was installed 10 years ago. I was at a loss as to who could install the new one, so I turned to HomeStars and discovered Odd Job Handyman Services. After I sent an inquiry over email, a quick response arrived requesting more information and also happily confirming that someone could help. A quote was sent, which I approved, and work was scheduled. I had the pleasure of meeting Shawn, who not only arrived on time, but cheerfully undertook the work. He was fun to have around, cleaned up after himself, and left me with a terrific first impression of Odd Job Handyman Services. I've already recommended this company to my sister!

Job Price

Hey Amanda! Thanks *so much* for your business and for sharing your experience with us on Homestars. We're elated (and so is Shawn) to hear that you were so pleased with the workmanship and service and we extend a very personal thanks for recommending us to your sister. We're looking forward to your next call. Thanks for the review!

Kevin

Reached out to Odd Job a few weeks ago to inquire about repairing a closet door that did not fit nor close properly. Sent them pictures and they were able to respond with a quote in a timely manner. They were very patient in answering my questions and were able to fit me in based on my schedule.

Sean came on time, and fixed our door to our satisfaction. I was also curious about the repair while he was here and he explained thoroughly what he was doing as the job went on.

They were great, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone else for any general home improvement needs.

Job Price

Hey Kevin! Thanks for your business and for taking the time to share your experience here. We're *really* pleased to hear you were so happy with our work and service. We know it's crucially important to keep the client informed (in detail) throughout the progress of the project and it helps to know that our policy is working. Thanks for the review!

Cindy in Mississauga

I hired Odd Job Handyman Service to take care of a list of repairs between tenants. While we had a hiccup with some of the work, Kelli was incredibly patient and courteous ensuring everything possible was done to make it right for my property and my tenant.

I have no hesitation hiring them for another project because I know they have my best interests in mind and value their clients and their relationships.

Thank you so much for your help and hard work Odd Job Handyman!!

Sincerely,
Cindy

Review has 1 previous version

Hey Cindy,

We'd like to thank you so much for your business and for sharing your feedback with us here. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the results of the project. We appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to return free of charge on Saturday to perform all of the touch ups and additional repairs, and we hope your tenant is happy. Feel free to call us again any time in the future. Thanks for the review!

moonstruck from Toronto

We called Odd Job to come to install 3 pendant/chandelier lights in our home. One of the chandeliers was so heavy that it needed to be secured by one of the guys going into our attic and putting a brace on our studs. The work was done really well, and quickly.
Very clean, and professional. As well as fun. I will hire Odd Job for any repairs or other handyman jobs that I will need doing.
I really am very happy with the decision to call Odd Job.

Job Price

Hey Moonstruck! We're so happy to hear that your home has been filled with light once again! Thanks so much for sharing your experience here and for such kind words. We look forward to hearing from you again!

Brian/

Very satisfied. Service was quick, competent and neat.
Will definitely use again for all the little items that need fixing around the house from time to time.
Booking is easy and payment by VISA is very convenient.

Job Price

Hi Brian! Our mission is to make the 'odd jobs' on your to-do list disappear, and we're very glad the team was able to meet your needs. We're really looking forward to your next call. Thanks for the review!

nk in Toronto

I needed work done around one of my condos after a tenant moved out including installing closet fixtures, shower doors, light fixtures, drywall repair and painting the unit. Complicating matters is that I don't live in the city. The team at Odd Job did a great job keeping me aprised throughout the project and allowed me to deal with everything remotely. Would definitely recommend them. The work was completed in on time and on budget with great quality.

Job Price

Hey NK - it's *awesome* to hear that your condo reno went smoothly and that the unit is ready for a fresh face! We're so glad to know you were satisfied with the work performed by the team, and we'd like to sincerely thank you for sharing your experience with others here. Looking forward to hearing from you again! :)

More about Odd Job Handyman Services

ABOUT US

Odd Job Handyman Services began in 2008 with one man and his truck. It's since grown to be one of the largest and most reliable contractors in Toronto, serving thousands of homeowners and businesses throughout the city. On Feb. 16, 2017, it was one of five handyman services in Ontario to be officially named "Best of 2017" by Homestars, the largest network of home professionals in Canada.

Odd Job offers a wide range of services including drywall, painting, tiling, flooring, millwork, hanging, junk removal, furniture assembly, basic plumbing & electrical and all general repairs. The work performed by Odd Job is covered by a two-year warranty.

The staff at Odd Job is fully licensed, bonded and insured, and every member has been background-and-identity-checked. They're hand-selected from the "best of the best" in local professional circles (each with at least three positive references) and subjected to a series of in-shop tests before they're admitted into the team.

HISTORY

It all started with Justin George, an exceptionally-handy property manager who had great difficulty convincing professional contractors to visit his building for "small jobs." Justin, a red seal tradesman, was so tired of contractors telling him "it wasn't worth their time" that he was forced to take care of most of the repairs and maintenance himself.

He realized he was far from the only person who was in this predicament. There were many people without the time, the tools or the talent to recaulk their shower stall, hang their favourite paintings or repair a few pot lights.

Not everyone trusts the mystery men on Craigslist and Kijiji, and so Justin wanted to provide them a professional option. "It might be a small job, but it's a big deal," Justin said, "People need a company that treats it that way."

Mr. George graduated from George Brown College with a degree in mechanical engineering and from the University of Western Ontario in 2011 with a degree in technological education, manufacturing and construction. He is an Accredited Manufacturing and Construction Educator and a member in good standing of the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals (ACHP). He loves cats, guitar and building things (anything). His most important values are honesty, quality and consistency and his motto is: "There's always a way to get the job done right."

PRICING

We offer a la carte, task-based pricing for all of our standard services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project."

BUSINESS & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES

Odd Job also serves many small businesses, including retail stores, office facilities and income properties. Our project manager was a longtime property manager and every member of the team has extensive experience in facilities management. Among the many businesses that trust Odd Job are Shoppers Drug Mart, Holt Renfrew, Burberry, Fresh Restaurants and LensCrafters.

Let us take care of you while you take care of business!

Handyman Services, Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Furniture, Home Office Renovation, Drywall Contractors, and Decks
We offer a wide range of handyman services, including all general repairs, hanging, grout and caulking, furniture assembly & maintenance, cabinetry installation, carpentry, painting (mostly interior), drywall installation & repairs, door installation & repairs, deck installation & repairs, fence installation & repairs, tile installation & repairs, backsplash installation, shelving installation, window treatment installations, basic plumbing, site work, demolitions, clean-up, junk removal, and much more. We also offer premium renovation services. Call (416) 520-1161 and request a quote from our renovations division today. We will establish a budget, timeline and plan in advance, and then provide the highest quality of labour, materials and expertise to make it happen. We offer a wide range of maintenance services to homeowners, tenants, property owners, real estate agents and many of the city's most important businesses. Odd Job offers a la carte pricing for all of our services. Our extensive experience has given us a tried-and-true system for evaluating the duration and cost for virtually every standard project.
We specialize in the things found on your "honey-do" list - hanging, drywall, tiling, all general repairs, and small to mid-size renovations.
2008
Ask about our two-year warranty!
Visa, MasterCard, Interac, Check, Cash, E-Transfer
Metro License: T85-4305843
Association of Certified Handy Professionals
$125 includes minor materials
PROJECT RATE
1000 +
Our 2-year warranty covers all general repairs and some installations. The warranty does not cover moisture damage, ground shifting, weather-related damage, material failure or change in mind.