Lucas Contracting

Mx. Bettina of Ottawa
Mx. Bettina of Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Flat Roof Vent Cap

Lucas and co installed a bathroom vent cap in a flat roof for a reasonable price. Unfortunately it was a very old flat roof which was way past needing a replacement, which I didn't know at the time, and which Lucas couldn't see because it was covered in snow when he quoted and did the job. It leaked during our next thaw maybe a few days later and they came by quickly to help drain the water to reduce damage to the interior. Lucas replaced the flat roof for a very reasonable price and was able to get it done in record time, working some very late days. Professional and hardworking

Roof, soffits, siding

This review is for a standing seam steel roof done a few years ago, along with soffits, fascia, and siding.

The good: the crew doing the roof did a good job - they definitely cared about their work and took pride in doing things properly. The estimator I dealt with (as well as Lucas himself) were very knowledgeable and addressed any questions and concerns.

The bad: there were a few minor issues with the way things were done: The ice & water shield they had intended to use was not suitable for use under a metal roof - it was the standard stuff with a textured, sandpaper-like coating, which would do terrible things to the underside of the metal panels (which expand & contract with temperature changes). They "upgraded" to Soprema a product (at my expense) when I pointed this out. They also didn't space the soffits/siding properly, so they had to run a bead of caulk down all of the connections - I had hoped to avoid exactly such issues by hiring them do both the soffits and the siding.

Overall, I was relatively pleased, as I had a very hard time finding any company that inspired much confidence in their ability to install a metal roof properly - I realize it's much more involved than nailing down shingles. The roof work was generally pretty good, and there have been no signs of obvious signs of leaks or other problems.

Fred from Ottawa
Fred from Ottawa

Commercial Roof

Amazing service. From the moment I contacted Lucas Contacting I felt at ease. There sales team was attentive,intelligent and caring. I was impressed at how they listened and walked me through the whole project. You will be amazed at the work they do.
Thanks

josh from Ottawa
josh from Ottawa

shingle

Great company, always polite and respectful. The workmanship is top of the line, overall I would say one of the best contracting companies in the nation, make sure to call them for a quote.

Jake Peerson from Ottawa
Jake Peerson from Ottawa
1 review Nepean, ON

Roof Replacement

My old roof was falling apart.. shingles worn down to nothing and the plywood underneath was in pretty bad shape! I'm away on international business quite often and can be away from my home for months at a time. My house tends to get neglected unfortunately.

I waited too long to get my roof checked out. By the time Lucas came by to assess the damage I was already getting water damage on my bedroom ceiling.

Lucas was very professional, helpful and is a straight shooter. His prices weren't the lowest out of the quotes I got but he has a large, well established company and I found he was most thorough in his inspection of the damage.

I decided to upgrade my roof to Decra metal. These types of steel shingles are built to last a lifetime and are a "worry free" option meaning extreme durability you can count on.

The job was done after 2 days. There were about 8 employees on the job including a dedicated project manager who kept me up to date on the progress. The roofers were very friendly and did a great job. Overall I was very happy with Lucas Contracting services, I will give them a call in a few months and have them finish my basement.

All the best,

Jake Peerson
Nepean Ottawa

Bernard Brown from Nepean
Bernard Brown from Nepean
1 review Nepean, ON

complete roof eavestroughs and leaf guards

Eavestroughs and leaf guards came off on first snowfall (last winter 2012-2013). (we have pictures) Comment from Lucas : "There is no Warranty for snow". Wanted more money to fix eavestroughs etc after first year failures.
We were recommended that snow guards were not required on a metal roof -they obviously are. Still trying to recover from problems.
Avoid this company.

rose  in Kanata
rose in Kanata
1 review KANATA, ON

Roofing - Shingles

Very dissatisfied. Service poor from beginning to end. I used the most expensive of the 3 companies that I contacted with the hope of getting the job done well. In the end, the roof was poorly done with major deficiencies that now pose risks of leakage. Major errors were made that caused damage to the roof. This could cost now us more to fix. I am hoping to get this resolved immediately. Will provide follow up later..

steve in Kanata
steve in Kanata
1 review KANATA, ON

roof replacement

simple fast on budget and on time. qaulity is fine and happy with the job done. one day, time as said it would be. recommend to other neighbours, good work ethic and timliness