HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Edmonton  >  Capitall Exterior Solutions / Window and Door Clearance Centre
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Capitall Exterior Solutions / Window and Door Clearance Centre

John
1 review Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Full Exterior Renovation of Bungalow/Detached Garage:
Removal/Disposal of:
• 1960’s Stucco, Front Entry brickwork (real brick), and vinyl siding that had ben nailed over the stucco (whole house/garage)
• existing aluminum soffit, plus the original ¼” plywood soffit (limited venting), aluminum facia, gutters, and downspouts
• 3 doors, 10 main floor windows, 4 basement windows

Installation:
• exterior sheathing inspection/repair as required (all in good order!)
• 2” IKO Enerfoil polyisocyanurate foam boards over exterior sheathing, nailed to studs
• Kaycan vinyl siding, aluminum vented soffit and facia, gutters/downspouts (4 sides - hip roof on both house and garage)
• 4 steel doors with inserts, vinyl frames
• Windows, Vinylbilt:
o One 12’ picture window, (includes 2 casement side windows)
o 9 single sliders
o 4 basement single sliders (to existing buck)

The job started with a massive 40 yard disposal bin delivered...the wife and I pulled out a section of fencing to allow access to the back yard, as overhead wiring would not allow the driver to drop off the bin (height restrictions).

The demolition went efficiently, with drop cloths laid down, and full clean-up at the end of each day.
When the windows/doors areas were cleared, the doors and windows crew (Terence) started in. Demolition and installation of doors and windows took only a couple of days.
Joe completed the siding/soffiting/fascia on the house, and subcontracted the garage work.
The eaves were completed by another subcontractor.

When the work was completed, I took a good walkaround and developed an extensive punchlist, ranging from small items (nailer strip cover plate damaged) to more serious items (defects in internal window coatings that caused flare-like "rub marks" when struck by sunlight). All punch items were attended/corrected, and the two windows in question had the glass inserts replaced. One window had a cracked frame from installation, and the entire window was replaced.
The original punch items were received well by Joe Quintillo (no arguing, etc., just perceived willingness to help and provide satisfaction). Repairs/corrections were completed in a timely fashon.

We have called a few times in the last year with some issues, and Capitall has sent someone out to inspect within a week, and repairs have been effected within two weeks of complaint.

The wife and I are really happy with the quality of work completed at our project. The work was handled safely and efficiently, with quality end results. Joe and crew handled our requests and questions as any pros would. The mitred aluminum soffit corners are visually appealing. The siding is flush and wave-free, and the joints on the house follow a staggered stair pattern that shows professional finish. The built-up areas around the electrical installations look complete, and complimentary to the finish. The contractor subbed for the eavestroughing performed clean work and supplies nice extras like the hinged drops; the troughs are firmly installed, and appear to be correctly graded (which alleviates worry). The doors and windows on the house are attractive and so much better than the system we used to have. We can’t wait until winter actually starts this year, and see the difference in heat retention (we are looking forward to comparing the house pressure test for furnace sizing from before and after the work!)

Thanks Capitall!

Job Price

Thanks John. It was a great pleasure working with you on this project. If you ever have and other issues or concerns please do not heaitate to give us a call.

John in Edmonton
1 review St. Albert, AB

The old siding on our house was looking dull and tired. We got Capitall to replace it with a new vibrant coloured vinyl siding. Many of our friends and neighbors have commented on how beautiful our home now looks.

Capitall came recommended by a colleague and was a great contractor for the project. Projected started on time and was finished within the schedule. Joe, one of the owners, made regular inspections as the work progressed and was always available to answer any questions. The installers were excellent and very approachable. Capitall even repaired two areas where leaked water had damaged the wall board - and they didn't even charge extra for the work.

Job Price

Thanks for the kind words John. We really enjoyed working with you on your home. Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Greg in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

We needed to upgrade our windows and doors badly. Capital was recommended by a colleague who had used them recently. Great choice! They were friendly, professional, very knowledgeable and provided us a terrific quote and exemplary service, both in the office and on site. I have a couple more exterior projects in the near future and Capital is at the top of list of who to hire!

Job Price

Thanks for the response Greg. We enjoyed working with you on your home. Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Peter in Edmonton
7 reviews Edmonton, AB

We didn't plan on replacing the front door of our new 60 year-old home right away, but as with most home renovation projects, this decision was thrust upon us.

The lock was non-functioning, the door itself was a poorly (barely) insulated barrier from the elements, plus it was just plain old and had to go. As usual, we consulted Homestars to help us find a suitable vendor. We had an idea of what style we were looking for (Craftsman) so that was a place to start.

Based on the favourable customer reviews, we visited the Capitall showroom and were promptly helped by Cindy, who took us through all the options that were available to us and how the estimating/ordering/installation process works.

A couple of days later Craig (the owner) came out take some measurements in order to give us an installed estimate. As you can see from the pictures, the door opening is arched-shaped and the radius above the door would need to be filled in. I told Craig we were hoping to put a transom window in there, and he assured me that they could do that and fill in the remainder of the radius with a composite material. Craig said that due to the complicated nature of the opening, he would be here to assist with the install. I have to admit I was a little hesitant on how good the filler piece would look, but Craig assured me it would look fine so I took him at his word.

A short time later we received our estimate via email. At first we were taken a little aback at the price, but after talking to quite a few people, we deduced that a quality front entrance costs roughly 1% the value of your home, so that really helped put things in perspective for us.

After having settled on a style and color, we paid our deposit and counted down the days. About 9 weeks later we got the call and coordinated a date for installation. Craig, the owner came out for the install along with Terence and his helper. Total installation time was about 3 hours, a lot quicker than I thought it would be. This included the door removal, new door installation, new trim/header and clean up.

We are very pleased with the service we received and won't hesitate to contact Capitall for our next project. Great job guys, thank you!!

Job Price

Thanks Peter. It was a pleasure working with you on this project. Let us know if you need anything else. Craig.

Trent in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I will admit we had some problems with this company and the windows we had installed, but in business there will always be some problems that arise from time to time.
The thing that matters is how you handle and deal with those problems. Capitall stood by their word and ordered me 2 new windows to fix the problems I was having with my other windows.
I would like to thank Joe the owner for dealing with my problems and ordering new replacement windows so quickly.

Review has 1 previous version
Job Price

Hello Trent. Thank you for your response. First off let me say I apologize for the apparent mess that was left in your yard. This is the first I've heard about this issue which is unacceptable. If I would have known I would have taken care of it. As for your windows, I have ordered two new windows for your home as we discussed. I have also upgraded you to triple pane, casements a much better window than typical sliders. We are going to replace these windows at no charge. I commit that we will make this right for you and ensure you are happy with the final product you paid for.

Joe

Steve Miners from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

In the spring of 2015, we hired Capitall Exterior Solutions to add 1.5 inches of insulation to the outside of our stucco house and to install siding on the house and the garage. We were very impressed with the good quality work that Mike and his crew did and the support from the owner, Joe, who came by regularly to answer any questions and to oversee the work. Prior to that, Richard, the estimator, patiently worked with us to help us get the look we wanted within our budget. We got 3 quotes and this company and another one were very close in their estimate. We went with Capitall because of the detail they included in their estimate. However, during the estimate process, when we were considering two siding manufacturers’ products we were not informed that the one we chose did not have a warranty for hail damage while the other one did! The crew (and owner) were most attentive to our requests, pleasant to work with, cleaned up at the end of each day and paid attention to the little details of the work. We are very happy with the new look of our house and many people have stopped by to say how lovely the house looks and to ask who did the work.