HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Edmonton  >  Capitall Exterior Solutions / Window and Door Clearance Centre

Reviews for Capitall Exterior Solutions / Window and Door Clearance Centre

John
1 review Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Full Exterior Renovation of Bungalow/Detached Garage:
Removal/Disposal of:
• 1960’s Stucco, Front Entry brickwork (real brick), and vinyl siding that had ben nailed over the stucco (whole house/garage)
• existing aluminum soffit, plus the original ¼” plywood soffit (limited venting), aluminum facia, gutters, and downspouts
• 3 doors, 10 main floor windows, 4 basement windows

Installation:
• exterior sheathing inspection/repair as required (all in good order!)
• 2” IKO Enerfoil polyisocyanurate foam boards over exterior sheathing, nailed to studs
• Kaycan vinyl siding, aluminum vented soffit and facia, gutters/downspouts (4 sides - hip roof on both house and garage)
• 4 steel doors with inserts, vinyl frames
• Windows, Vinylbilt:
o One 12’ picture window, (includes 2 casement side windows)
o 9 single sliders
o 4 basement single sliders (to existing buck)

The job started with a massive 40 yard disposal bin delivered...the wife and I pulled out a section of fencing to allow access to the back yard, as overhead wiring would not allow the driver to drop off the bin (height restrictions).

The demolition went efficiently, with drop cloths laid down, and full clean-up at the end of each day.
When the windows/doors areas were cleared, the doors and windows crew (Terence) started in. Demolition and installation of doors and windows took only a couple of days.
Joe completed the siding/soffiting/fascia on the house, and subcontracted the garage work.
The eaves were completed by another subcontractor.

When the work was completed, I took a good walkaround and developed an extensive punchlist, ranging from small items (nailer strip cover plate damaged) to more serious items (defects in internal window coatings that caused flare-like "rub marks" when struck by sunlight). All punch items were attended/corrected, and the two windows in question had the glass inserts replaced. One window had a cracked frame from installation, and the entire window was replaced.
The original punch items were received well by Joe Quintillo (no arguing, etc., just perceived willingness to help and provide satisfaction). Repairs/corrections were completed in a timely fashon.

We have called a few times in the last year with some issues, and Capitall has sent someone out to inspect within a week, and repairs have been effected within two weeks of complaint.

The wife and I are really happy with the quality of work completed at our project. The work was handled safely and efficiently, with quality end results. Joe and crew handled our requests and questions as any pros would. The mitred aluminum soffit corners are visually appealing. The siding is flush and wave-free, and the joints on the house follow a staggered stair pattern that shows professional finish. The built-up areas around the electrical installations look complete, and complimentary to the finish. The contractor subbed for the eavestroughing performed clean work and supplies nice extras like the hinged drops; the troughs are firmly installed, and appear to be correctly graded (which alleviates worry). The doors and windows on the house are attractive and so much better than the system we used to have. We can’t wait until winter actually starts this year, and see the difference in heat retention (we are looking forward to comparing the house pressure test for furnace sizing from before and after the work!)

Thanks Capitall!

Thanks John. It was a great pleasure working with you on this project. If you ever have and other issues or concerns please do not heaitate to give us a call.

John in Edmonton
1 review St. Albert, AB

The old siding on our house was looking dull and tired. We got Capitall to replace it with a new vibrant coloured vinyl siding. Many of our friends and neighbors have commented on how beautiful our home now looks.

Capitall came recommended by a colleague and was a great contractor for the project. Projected started on time and was finished within the schedule. Joe, one of the owners, made regular inspections as the work progressed and was always available to answer any questions. The installers were excellent and very approachable. Capitall even repaired two areas where leaked water had damaged the wall board - and they didn't even charge extra for the work.

Thanks for the kind words John. We really enjoyed working with you on your home. Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Greg in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

We needed to upgrade our windows and doors badly. Capital was recommended by a colleague who had used them recently. Great choice! They were friendly, professional, very knowledgeable and provided us a terrific quote and exemplary service, both in the office and on site. I have a couple more exterior projects in the near future and Capital is at the top of list of who to hire!

Thanks for the response Greg. We enjoyed working with you on your home. Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Peter in Edmonton
7 reviews Edmonton, AB

We didn't plan on replacing the front door of our new 60 year-old home right away, but as with most home renovation projects, this decision was thrust upon us.

The lock was non-functioning, the door itself was a poorly (barely) insulated barrier from the elements, plus it was just plain old and had to go. As usual, we consulted Homestars to help us find a suitable vendor. We had an idea of what style we were looking for (Craftsman) so that was a place to start.

Based on the favourable customer reviews, we visited the Capitall showroom and were promptly helped by Cindy, who took us through all the options that were available to us and how the estimating/ordering/installation process works.

A couple of days later Craig (the owner) came out take some measurements in order to give us an installed estimate. As you can see from the pictures, the door opening is arched-shaped and the radius above the door would need to be filled in. I told Craig we were hoping to put a transom window in there, and he assured me that they could do that and fill in the remainder of the radius with a composite material. Craig said that due to the complicated nature of the opening, he would be here to assist with the install. I have to admit I was a little hesitant on how good the filler piece would look, but Craig assured me it would look fine so I took him at his word.

A short time later we received our estimate via email. At first we were taken a little aback at the price, but after talking to quite a few people, we deduced that a quality front entrance costs roughly 1% the value of your home, so that really helped put things in perspective for us.

After having settled on a style and color, we paid our deposit and counted down the days. About 9 weeks later we got the call and coordinated a date for installation. Craig, the owner came out for the install along with Terence and his helper. Total installation time was about 3 hours, a lot quicker than I thought it would be. This included the door removal, new door installation, new trim/header and clean up.

We are very pleased with the service we received and won't hesitate to contact Capitall for our next project. Great job guys, thank you!!

Thanks Peter. It was a pleasure working with you on this project. Let us know if you need anything else. Craig.

Trent in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I will admit we had some problems with this company and the windows we had installed, but in business there will always be some problems that arise from time to time.
The thing that matters is how you handle and deal with those problems. Capitall stood by their word and ordered me 2 new windows to fix the problems I was having with my other windows.
I would like to thank Joe the owner for dealing with my problems and ordering new replacement windows so quickly.

Review has 1 previous version

Hello Trent. Thank you for your response. First off let me say I apologize for the apparent mess that was left in your yard. This is the first I've heard about this issue which is unacceptable. If I would have known I would have taken care of it. As for your windows, I have ordered two new windows for your home as we discussed. I have also upgraded you to triple pane, casements a much better window than typical sliders. We are going to replace these windows at no charge. I commit that we will make this right for you and ensure you are happy with the final product you paid for.

Joe

Steve Miners from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

In the spring of 2015, we hired Capitall Exterior Solutions to add 1.5 inches of insulation to the outside of our stucco house and to install siding on the house and the garage. We were very impressed with the good quality work that Mike and his crew did and the support from the owner, Joe, who came by regularly to answer any questions and to oversee the work. Prior to that, Richard, the estimator, patiently worked with us to help us get the look we wanted within our budget. We got 3 quotes and this company and another one were very close in their estimate. We went with Capitall because of the detail they included in their estimate. However, during the estimate process, when we were considering two siding manufacturers’ products we were not informed that the one we chose did not have a warranty for hail damage while the other one did! The crew (and owner) were most attentive to our requests, pleasant to work with, cleaned up at the end of each day and paid attention to the little details of the work. We are very happy with the new look of our house and many people have stopped by to say how lovely the house looks and to ask who did the work.

Bill W.  in Edmonton
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

Had several quotes and Craig came in right where I thought. Craig and mike came out and installed everything to perfection. The quality of work is awesome as are the quality of the windows. I work in the construction industry and I know how things run. I would highly recommend Craig and his crew for windows and doors. They even ran into some rot under some of the windows. He showed me what was wrong and fixed it all and didn't charge me anything extra. That is what I call professional service!!! I highly recommend Capitall Exteriors.

Thanks Bill. You were a pleasure to work with. Have a merry Christmas.

1 review Edmonton, AB

From start to finish, the guys from Capitall were incredible. From the initial visit to my home, competitive quotation, to the professional attitudes, and excellent workmanship, you cannot find a better company to hire for your window and door requirements. Joe and his team were second to none. I have already recommended to three of my friends who experienced the same services.

Thank you for the kind words. We hope you enjoy your new windows and door. If you ever need anything else please let us know. It was a pleasure working with you.

frank from Edmonton
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

Worst experience we have had with any reno contractors. Sales consultant failed to ask some fundamental questions resulted window (one side fixed and one side operative) hinged on default side which did not suit our satiation (handle located at awkward position to operate), back and forth few emails addressing this issue, consultant admitted he presumed hinge side as warranty would be void if hinged on another side, I contacted the vendor and found this is not true (common sense, how does warranty applies for window with hinges on both sides). Then he emailed me describing how the owner was aware of my complaint but chose to ignore it. Later received a call from another co-owner saying the sales consultant is/was semi retired and somewhat explained his unprofessionalism, he apologized and promised to reorder and reinstall the window, reordered around end of Aug, window arrived end of Sep, reinstallation wasn’t available until end of Nov as the schedule lady told me they were busy. The entire lead time is longer than normal ordering and installing, not to mention this is to fix a problem caused by them. It took 6 month! from the initial install, then reorder and reinstall. Meanwhile, I hired another company to replace living room and bedrooms windows; the first question they asked after I signed the contract was “which side would you like to hinge your windows”.

This company’s business practice for ignoring and prolonging to fix problem have caused frustration and inconveniences for us. To avoid any commercial suspicious/motivation, I won’t mention the other window company who did an excellent job for complete the remaining scope. This review is for customers who values service as important as the product. In my opinion, the way a company fix a problem/complaint truly demonstrate its ethics and values, subsequently, Capitall Exterior Solutions failed in all aspects.

Update: Joe contacted me after seeing this review and discussed few issues. I do agree that he tried to fix (reorder and reinstall) the problem in lieu of doing nothing, I also think its a good thing that owner take review and customer seriously. To be fair, my complaint would be non exist if this window was in any other location in the house, but sometimes a missed small detail can change the entire outcome.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks Frank. I really appreciate the fact you took the time to discuss the issues. As I mentioned to you, the frustration is high on all fronts on this one for many reasons. Because all of your paperwork outlined where the window was opening, along with the fact fact that everything was signed off after the initial installation made this one tough. Having said that, we did get you a new window completely free of charge with a new opener on the other side just to ensure you were completely satisfied. We did take a lot longer than expected and I apologize for that. That falls on me. As far as reviews go, I am happy that you are satisfied with the quality of work and the product itself. Your main area of concern was the time it took to get the new window which is understandable and we are implementing new things to alleviate that in the future. Again, thank you for discussing this with me and if you ever have my other issues please do not hesitate to let us know.

khennig in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Pricing was very competitive. Took longer than the 6-8 weeks for install. Large living room window was installed with damage on the casing, that we are now waiting to be replaced, still hoping that works out. Called the owner to let him know it was damaged, he didn't seem to care, told us to call the office, message never got from the office to our installer. Scuff marks on our siding from the scaffold, and the shutters weren't put back right. But...very friendly, love the look of the windows, and still hoping for a happier outcome.....

Hi Kristine,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback both positive and negative. First off, let me apologize for the lack of response on behalf of our company. It is definitely not a lack of care with regards to your request, it is just a lot faster to go through the office than directly with Craig or I for the simple fact that we are usually out in the field without access to all the paperwork and information necessary to answer direct questions with regards to installs. With that said, I can confirm that we have order a new piece of PVC stop for the damaged living room window and we will be out to fix it as soon as it arrives. I will also make sure the installer fixes the scuff marks on the siding and replaces the shutters properly. All of this can and will be completed when we come back to fix the window. Again, I promise we will fix anything you have issues with, we just have to wait for the part from the supplier. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime at 780-757-3930.

Joe Quintilio
Capitall Exterior Solutions

More about Capitall Exterior Solutions / Window and Door Clearance Centre

Capitall Exterior Solutions specializes in the supply and installation of energy efficient windows,doors and siding. We are also proud A+ BBB members that is Licensed, bonded, insured and WCB Certified. Capitall has Knowledgeable staff that can help you choose a product that is right for your home.

We offer energy saving windows,doors and siding that save you money by reducing your energy consumption, reduce outside noise and help keep your home comfortable all year-round.

Whether you are looking to replace that old slider, upgrade a patio door to a garden door, or replace that old siding we can help with Capitall’s Promise!
We promise to offer the highest quality installations with no sub contractors. We may not always be the cheapest, but as you’ll find out, you get what you pay for.

At Capitall Exterior Solutions, we promise to focus on quality not quantity. Do it once, do it right!
“WE DON'T GIVE ESTIMATES, WE GIVE PROMISES.”
We promise not to change your price unless you change your mind on the product! We never charge more than we initially promised. We promise to give install dates at the time of signing and we keep them! We offer full warranties, financing and service all our installs within 48 hours. Come see what makes us different!

Capitall Exterior Solutions also offers retail and contractors Windows,Doors and Siding in Edmontn, AB as well as all over Alberta. With Edmonton’s Largest Retail Window and Door Clearance Centre with more than 1000+ clearance windows and Doors in-Stock. Window and Door Clearance Centre specializes in supplying Homeowners, Commercial Builders, Contractors and Industrial accounts with standard and custom windows & Doors, mouldings, siding, and renovation materials. Capitall Windows will keep your windows and door on budget and on time.

What makes Capitall Exterior Solutions different?

Installer owned and operated, The knowledgeable staff. The broad selection. The great prices. The friendly service. Edmonton’s largest selection of windows & doors. In-house Residential door shop. Complete line of building and finishing materials.

ALL products stocked, inventoried online at competitive prices. Special order & Hard-to-find products are available in larger quantities for the building material industry. Delivery available. Monthly Newsletter, Sign up for our contest to win a trip for 2 to Mexico .

At Capitall Exterior Solutions in Edmonton we offer, Windows, Garden doors, Patio doors, Exterior doors, Siding material, Screen kits, Mouldings, and many other building material needs. Capitall Exterior Solutions also has full hourly crews for your installation needs.

Ask us about the Alberta Energy Efficiency Rebate Program - Call us today