JR Windows And Doors

Reviews for JR Windows And Doors

.. in Toronto
.. in Toronto

Garage door

The original garage door that was installed in my new house had water coming in. I had a seal put on it and a small hump that was installed. For 10 years I didn’t have water coming in. The garage door didn’t work as well anymore so I decided to get a new one.
I ordered a garage door from this company in Nov 2016, I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks. It was received end of March 2017. They finally were available to install first week of April. One of the workers came to do my capping and stated that the door didn’t appear even and I will have water possible coming in, he sad to let the boss know as soon as possible as he doesn’t get around to things quick enough.
They were supposed to come back on several occasions to finish my caulking, but always ran out of the material.
I did contact the owner Joe, he stated that it was the hump in a condensing manner, I argued that in the past that is what corrected the problem. There also wasn’t a seal at the bottom of the door. He told me I don’t need one and I should removed the hump. Brfire ordering I asked if water would leak in and he insisted it wouldn’t. Now that it did, he said he never guaranteed that, I’m not sure why someone would order a door to have water leak in and damage property.
I asked if he will pay for the hump again or the seal. He stated if the seal blocks the water he will.
Long story short, it’s Nov 2017. I am still waiting for him to finish the caulking. He stated that CHI doors would void the warranty if I put in a seal called the tsunami with another door company. This wasn’t true. They didn’t understand why he would said that as it isn’t attached to the door. Joe said he wouldn’t come back to finish my caulking until I get the company to put in the seal and he “inspects” it.
I paid him in full the first day, because I felt I could trust him with all the great reviews.
Having no leverage he didn’t finish the job. The water is rotting my garage and I have to call in someone to fix that as well.
Now that the hump was removed he stated I should deal with the CHI doors that said that. Shifting the blame now that he’s wrong. And the Company is US based who refers you back to the Canadian contact!

As we discussed prior, your door had standing water and that is not a good thing and would void your warranty, there was never any mention of a tsunami seal neither had you requested that from us but to my knowledge it is not available from CHI as an option so we do not offer it. What would and will void your warranty was the insistence on keeping a concrete hump that keeps standing water in front of the garage door and not allowing it to wash away normally. Garage doors are not 100% water tight as you were told so the next course of action is for you to call the manufacturer as we requested you do. You falsified what was told to you and we DID return on numerous occasions both to balance the door and to apply more caulking along the Bottom to try and minimize water penetration. Understand that there is not a solid stop as a window or an entry door it is simply pressure from the rubber to the floor of the garage and unfortunately in your case that's not enough to stop the water. Once again we will act on any request by the manufacturer to try and help the issue you're having. We also have a posted video of the standing water problem you have that we cannot fix for you. There is in fact a seal at the bottom, side and top of your door. We went to the extent of adding extra caulking to try and prevent the issue to the point that water would just sit for prolonged periods of time in front of the garage. What your actual issue is your North facing home and Mother Nature as well as the cement grade on your garage. We have exhausted all options with you at the moment and there's nothing further we can do. As I said previously and will reiterate, we will act on any recommendations from the manufacturer. Anyone that would like to see the video of your door can visit our Instagram page at jr_management_group and see for themselves what the issue is.

Here's the link for those interested in seeing it

William from Brampton
William from Brampton

New Garage Door

Amazing service from start to finish!

We hired Joe and crew from JR Windows & Doors to quote and install a new 14' garage door.

From the initial visit for quote thru to the installation the service was excellent. Knowledgeable, professional and we love the completely new look it's given the front of our home.

We'll definately have them back in for our upcoming window reno project.

Thank you for trusting us with your home. It was a pleasure working with you.

Sam from Richmond Hill
Sam from Richmond Hill
7 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Garage door and total frame replacement

Joe was first rate all the way, taking a good amount of time to answer all of our questions, and then helping us pick the product quality/style/price point that met our needs. Joe also has a great customer centric approach, he is both very easy to talk to and conscientious with the quality of his work, which was perfect in our view. We're very happy with the entire experience and already have family members calling him for their own window and door updates. Thanks again Joe for your great service - you're exactly why we choose small business people for all our home reno's.

Helen Tsantsoulas in Markham
Helen Tsantsoulas in Markham

Triple Carriage Garage Doors and Garage Door Opener

We were planning on replacing or aged and broken wood garage doors with new carriage doors but hadn’t got around to doing the research to find a contractor. Fortunately for us, several of our neighbours were also planning on replacing their doors and had already done extensive research and decided on going with Rob from JR windows.

Rob came over the next evening to show us samples and take measurements. I liked him immediately and knew my neighbours had made the right decision. He was thorough and professional and I really appreciated his recommendations when it came to style and colour selection.

The doors were installed just a few weeks later. We are extremely happy with them. Not only were they expertly installed and look beautiful, but Rob and his team (including his adorable father!) left the place spotless and removed all old doors and hardware. They also installed our new garage door opener for a very reasonable price!

I would not hesitate to recommend JR Windows and Doors. In fact, in a couple of years when it’s time to replace our windows I know who I’ll call!

Hi Helen

We are thankful for the trust you showed in us and are appreciative for the opportunity you afforded us.

We hope you enjoy the new doors.

Please call us if we can ever be of service again

Regards
Rob Nunes
JR Windows, Doors & Garage Doors

diyguy in Markham
diyguy in Markham

Triple 8 x 8 Garage doors

After getting 5 contractor quotes for a group of 6 homeowners wanting to replace aging clapwood garage doors with CHI carriage house doors, Rob from JR windows came out one night to meet with us and take measurements. Rob was thorough, did not pressure us and we got the best pricing by far. Rob was dealing with a group of owners that ranged from ultra picky and frugal to ones that were willing to pay for premium product and services. He made everyone happy and even though his supplier staggered the delivery of the doors, everyone is happy with his work. Rob left the site spotless and removed all old doors and hardware. As with all reputable companies, all hardware was replaced, doors balanced and openers re-attached. Couldn't ask for a better garage door company...I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Don't let his young appearance fool you...he and his staff are pros!

Thank you very much.

We believe in treating everyone with respect and completing each and every job with professionalism.

We appreciate the positive feed back and especially appreciate customers that go the extra step in doing their research in regards to the product they're receiving

Rob Nunes

leo in Woodbridge
leo in Woodbridge
1 review WOODBRIDGE, ON

entire house window replacement

HAD ALL WINDOWS REPLACED IN MY HOME RECENTLY. THE GUYS WERE TRUE PROFESSIONALS. AMAZING CRAFTSMENSHIP! THEY EVEN UPGRADED MY WINDOW TRIMS AND GOT ME A GARAGE DOOR FOR FREE. I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMMEND JR WINDOWS/DOORS AND GARAGE DOORS.

THANKS

We were all too pleased to be allowed to work in your home.

You were a great customer to work for and you definitely kept our employees happy with the great food!

Thank you and all the best to your family

www.jrwindowsanddoors.com
[email protected]
416 281 0200

brian  in North york
brian in North york
9 reviews North York, ON

windows

joe came, took care of everything from start to finish. he even brought in an assistant who also was amazing. they took it all out, replaced with new windows, and even did extra stuff that was at no extra cost. made sure that i had no other problems, and even contacted me after to make sure it was all ok.

We were too pleased to have done the work for you.

We look forward to doing business in the future again

www.jrwindowsanddoors.com