ALEX MOULDING

Moldings / Mouldings
HomeStars  >  Moldings / Mouldings in Maple  >  ALEX MOULDING
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for ALEX MOULDING

ERIK Marchi from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Excellent job, Alex and his team was very professional and knowledgeable. I use them for patterned crown moulding project so far and many of our friends as well and very happy with service and products they offer. Surprise the somebody can have any problems with them.

Mike from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Mike from Alex Moulding Company became known to us by a referral from a family member. What we noticed most about him that left us very intrigued was how particular he was about detail. He made sure that the seams fit and that everything was close to the corners. Michael was hired to do our crown moulding and our wall units. He did both projects in less time than it took other contractors who had done work for us before. Mike was cordial and professional. He went to great lengths to please us. I think that is what customer satisfaction is all about.I would not hesitate to recommend Alex Mouldings company to my friends and my acquaintances.

Iona from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

I had them do work in my living room and they were very professional fast and efficient everyone loves the work that they did. I would recommend them again, and ask for Patrick to do your work.

Yuliya from North York
1 review North York, ON

Very happy with my new built in furniture from Alex Moulding!
The job is done perfectly.
I will definitely recommend these guys for those who want best quality.

Fabio Biagiarelli from Vaughan

Alex Mouldings installed Crown Moulding throughout our house this week. We are extremely impressed with their work and their prices are great! It was evident that the installers were professionals. Thank you "Alex Mouldings." Our house looks great!

oleg from Woodbridge
1 review Woodbridge, ON

My neighbor recommended Alex and his team to complete our crown moulding throughout our house and it was the best recommendation ever! From the initial estimate to the completion of the job, it was a pleasure not only to watch these guys work but to talk to them as well. The communication was excellent and Alex and his team guided us throughout the whole process from start to finish. They kept the house in pristine condition and very little cleaning was involved once they were finished. They met every deadline they set and their prices are unbeatable compared to other companies out there. Thanks again to Alex and his crew for doing such a wonderful job in our house and I would highly recommend these guys to anybody out there!
Oleg from Woodbridge

G. Kerna from Whitchurch-stouffville
1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

The installation crew were extremely professional. They took great care to ensure that the work performed was done to perfection. Special care was taken to avoid leaving any mess. I was extremely happy with the work they completed and would have no hesitation in recommending this company to others. Excellent quality.

Corey from Toronto

The team at Alex Mouldings was professional, knowledgeable and highly skilled. From our initial meeting with Nick, we were impressed with the innovative ideas and patience. All timelines were coordinated before the job and the needs of my family were carefully considered. The trim work and wainscoting was completed within the expected timeframe and cost was reasonable.
We are thrilled with the work that was done and would highly recommend Alex, Nick and their team!

3 reviews , ON

I was initially excited to hire Alex Mouldings as I wanted as few contractors working on my house as possible. I had two weeks before moving into my new house to get the additional work done and had built a schedule. Alex wanted to come a day early. fine. But then he missed a few days, the whole project took 2 days longer than quoted, and he would come late and not acknowledge when we told him that he had to leave. For example, even though we told him several times that he had to leave by 4pm (on a day he was not originally scheduled to work) he was surprised when we were telling him to go.

Moulding: Adequate work, although the joining on the long pieces was not well sanded and the seam is very visible.

Painting: slow slow slow. When you know you have to do two coats in each room (only two large rooms painted) then why would you wait to start? The painter had to come back on random days to do more painting, which upset our schedules. His edges around our windows and trim were not good, he let paint get on our carpet (that's what drapes are for!) and there were many raised bumps of paint. He also did poor corners around our fireplace.

Potlights: Alex cut two holes in the middle of our family room for potlights, and found that there were studs there. I'm not sure why a stud finder was not used. He patched the holes eventually (weeks later), but never sanded or repainted the ceiling in that place. We had lighting installed in three different rooms and when he extended the existing single light switch to double ones two of the holes were cut too large for the cover and he did nothing to fix the issue. The switch boxes were installed on a slant, not square.
When running the line for the potlights to the breaker box in the basement, Alex removed a safety cover in the box, put in the new breaker, and then did not cover the remaining hole with a new safety panel. This is very dangerous to have the wires exposed. This resulted in a lack of certification when the Electrical Safety Authority representative came for his inspection. We notified Alex Mouldings of this issue several times and it took many, many phone calls. Many appointments were made for Alex to come and fix his error. Every single time he either tried to reschedule or simply failed to show up, resulting in myself or my husband having to stay at home for hours, waiting for him to show up. One time when he didn't show, he called us and said that he would come by some time later in the night. We were so upset and angry that we said that as long as it was DONE today, he could come as late as he liked. We went to bed after midnight. Finally, over 2 months after the work was completed, Alex and his coworker Nick finally came back. Eventually a new cover and an extra breaker were added to the panel to cover the hole. The complete lack of integrity and horrible communication from this company has left us cynical of all contractors. How can a business be run this way? Without electrical certification, my home insurance would not have covered us if there was a fire. It was entirely unacceptable. Even after they finally fixed the breaker box, they never called the Electrical Safety Authority to come and do another inspection! We had been waiting and waiting! The ESA inspector (and very nice guy) happened to be in our neighbourhood, called me up and asked if it ever got done and why doesn't he come by to look at it. THAT is service. Take note, Alex Mouldings, and enjoy your various fines.

All in all, I cannot recommend this company to anyone. The absolute frustration of dealing with people who do not call you, do not answer their phone, do not return messages and only finally show up again when you've sent them a letter from a lawyer is overwhelming.

Job Price

We have time set by ESA to come back to fix issues withing that time frame. If its major safety issue ESA will turn power off/breaker off. empty slot in breaker panel was covered with plastic cap and closed behind a metal cover. Learn the law before sending letter from lawyer.

More about ALEX MOULDING

Alex Moulding is committed to providing our customers with the absolute highest level of service while delivering high-quality craftsmanship in all our designs.

We believe that architectural millwork that we specialize such Wainscotings is one of the greatest ways to dress-up the walls,

Coffered and Waffle Ceilings are one of the best ways to make ceilings stand out,
***
Crown Mouldings are the must to finish the room,
***
Potlights, LED lightings, and fresh painting is perfect to give any room life.
***
While specializing mainly in interior upgrades our services extend to numerous outdoor products as well.
***
Please check our portfolio and pictures.

CUSTOM MILWORK, ARCHES PANELS, ARCHED CASING OPENINGS DESIGN,
BUILT-IN TV ENTERTAINMENT UNITS & OFFICE LIBRARY,
FIREPLACE MANTELS,
ROUND COFFERED, WAFFLE, CEILINGS,
LED POTLIGHTS.

Moldings / Mouldings, Carpenters, Design/Project Management, Fireplace Mantels, Lighting, and Woodworking
Design & Project Management: Coffered Ceilings Waffle Ceilings Wainscoting Crown Mouldings Paneled Openings, Arches Door and Windows Headers and Sills Millwork LED Cove Mouldings Lighting LED Slim Potlights Wall Entertainment Units Accent Walls
CUSTOM MILWORK, ARCHES PANELS, ARCHED CASING OPENINGS DESIGN, 3D WALL PANELS, WALL PANEL WAINSCOTING & TRIM, COFFERED, WAFFLE, BEAMED CEILINGS DESIGN IDEAS, CROWN MOLDINGS & WAINSCOTING TRIMWORK, CEILING WAINSCOTING, WAINSCOTING ON STAIRCASE, CUSTOM KITCHEN CABINETS, BUILT-IN TV ENTERTAINMENT UNITS & OFFICE LIBRARY, FIREPLACE MANTELS, ROUND COFFERED, WAFFLE, CEILINGS, LED POTLIGHTS.
Alexandria Mitrie Mouldings & Millwork