Fairney And Sons Ltd

Reviews for Fairney And Sons Ltd

ebazettjones
ebazettjones

Great Garage Roof Work

The whole team was professional. Chris came to give us the quote, he was polite, professional and able to walk me through what he thought the project would entail. Bill came back with a quote within 24 hours of the initial site visit. They were able to start a week later which was great as my garage roof has definitely seen better days. Bill did a pre-work visit and was kind enough to warn us of what we should do in preparation of their work. They made quick work of the project and despite finding MANY old layers of roof, the project was done in 3.5 days. There was an increase from our initial quote (which they had warmed of) because of the layers and some structural integrity but the increase in cost was beyond reasonable (only ~$900). Everyone was professional and I will not hesitate to hire Bill and his guys again for future work!

Shafina fr Toronto
Shafina fr Toronto

New Roof for our Home

Bill is respectful and professional. I have recommended him to our family, friends and my 5 neighbours. Our roof was done in 2018 by Bill, Hector and his team. Amazing job done and quality was great. Recently, one of the shingle had come out and one side seemed open. I sent pictures to Bill few days ago. This morning, Bill came with his crew and checked the roof. Bill advised me on the phone that the shingle flew from two houses down the road. Assured me that everything on the roof was intact and ok Thank you for checking the roof today and appreciate you giving roof quotes to my neighbours. I will recommend you and will be keeping your info handy for any issues that come up in the future.

waterproofing

I couldn't be more pleased with the work. Bill and his team (Mike, and Ryan x 2!) were on time, efficient and a pleasure to deal with. The work was completed professionally and the property restored to "pre-work" shape that actually was tidier than before they started. The job was completed within the time they had anticipated and with a minimum amount of disruption while they were working. At every step of the way i was shown what was being done and why. I would recommend them unconditionally and will have them look after the next project I have.

Twin Billing in Richmond Hill
Twin Billing in Richmond Hill

siding

A friend I trust recommended Bill.

Hiring Bill and his crew was a great decision.

Our small extension needed new concrete footings, new siding, and some other work too.

Bill showed up on site every day his crews were here. He was very available by phone. He answered all of my questions and listened to my concerns.

His crews were professional and approachable. We loved the concrete crew in particular.

The job was done as quickly as possible. My neighbour, a tradesman, remarked on Bill's speed and professionalism.

Thanks Bill!

Inka
Inka

Very pleased with roof, have already recommended to others

Bill came to give a very prompt quote on my roof which was fair.
His workers are fast and efficient. The roof repair seems solid and we are pleased with the result.
I gave a 10, but would have preferred to give 9.5 because there was a miscommunication/ mistake on behalf of his workers (which Bill did resolve after discussion) and also there were some scrap metal slivers left on my property, which is a danger given we have a small child at home (our child picked one up before I could clean it up).
Overall, please with the result and have passed his info along to others already.

Went over and beyond

The old siding of our house ripped off in a wind storm so we called Bill. He came out that same day to assess the damage. Shortly after he had his crew out working on the house. Everyone was friendly, mindful of our neighbours and cleaned up after they were done. Bill and his crew also took care of fine details that other compiles would skip. We are especially impressed that we were able to coordinate this from isolation out of town. All in all we are very impressed and will definitely hire Fairney and Son Ltd. again.

Laura Johnson from Toronto
Laura Johnson from Toronto

Great Job on Siding

Bill and his team did a great job on the new siding, soffits and fascia that we had them install on our home. Bill is always very responsive whenever we have questions, was personable and easy to deal with. He kept us updated throughout the project. Their price was competitive and the quality of the work is very good. We are very pleased with the final product.

Diana Scarborough
Diana Scarborough
1 review Pickering, ON

Roof

Bill and his team did a great job stripping the roof bare, replacing some boards, adding ice and water shield, and reshingling both the house and and external building. They repaired older skylights to fix some leakage, and came back to ensure the work was sound when it rained a couple of days later.

Bill visited everyday and provided photos of the work in progress. Chris and his team of roofers were very professional, polite and careful to maintain a clean site.
We were very pleased with the work and would highly recommend.

Lucy
Lucy

Roof replacement, new siding, new insulation, leaf guard, downpipe, fascia

My comment on Bill, the owner, is simple: call him, you won't regret it.
Excellent craftsmanship, hard-work, honest, easy to work with, knowledgeable, AAA customer services, and the list goes on.
I recently purchased an old house, with works to be done here and there. After some back and forth with different companies, I finally came across Fairney & Sons in HomeStar and requested a siding quote. To my biggest surprise, I got a reply in minutes when it was already 9:40 pm, and then a follow up call after 10 pm!! Yes, Bill is that hard working. As a home owner, I hate to wait for long when there is a problem with my home. Working with Bill, I have the peace in mind that I can get a hold of him, if something is concerning.
Shortly the team came check the house. Bill is friendly, straight to the point and honest. Unlike contractors who try to redo the whole thing, he gave honest opinions, like my flat roof is still good, no need to replace/repair; or my upper eavestrough is fine, replacing the downpipe is all we need, etc. It didn't take long to receive all quotes I need. Price is reasonable. Even my parents like his old school craftsmanship and recommend me hire him. Eventually, I decided to let Bill take care of my house.
Everything went on very well. Bill walked me through what they would do up front. He was always there to answer my questions (I am sure some of those are pretty stupid...). What's more, he is so flexible to incorporate some last minute ideas I threw in, like installing leaf guard.
On time and on budget. The team show up when they said they will come, and deliver on time. The roofers even work long hours till dark, to complete the shingle roof in just one day! The cost for initial scope stick to the estimate. What I would highlight is, Bill also did an excellent job helping me budgeting for the potential extra and different last minute ideas. Grown up in a heritage house, I know when dealing with old houses, you always need contingency for on site findings. Likely because of his many years of experience, despite we don't know how good or how bad the invisible part is, Bill still manage to give me a good estimate for contingency, Eventually, the cost for all extra and my last minute ideas is just within the range. No surprise.
In terms of the result, his team definitely go above and beyond. The new siding make the back of my house look like brand new. And I noticed multiple small fix that I didn't ask for, but the team just go ahead fix them for me. Now the back looks lovely and is protected from animals. Roof looks great as well. Maybe ask me in 10 years, but so far all good. :)
They did a good job cleaning afterward, and the level of noise wasn't too bad at all. Due to the unfortunate COVID 19 situation, I had to work from home, staying in my basement when the team is working. I was able to complete all my office work and meetings without being disturbed.
Last but not the least, after I paid, Bill re-emphasize his team stand behind their work and I can reach out anytime needed. I appreciate that and that's all I need.
Over all, great job and great experience. I am more than happy to count on Bill to take care of my future home improvement projects.
Thank you team!

WATERPROOFING

Bill, the owner, took the time to visit us 3 times before we decided to do the job.
Bill managed the time to work with our neighbor who specifically request his side to be done in max 2 days (job was done in November so rain is always a threat).
Bill explained everything and made sure to update me daily what his guys did and planned to do the next day.
I also got lots of pics of every stage of the work daily (since I was at work all day and could just check what was done at night).
We suffer on or two days delay due to the weather but was finished in a very reasonable time.
Job looks perfect - not afraid of the rain anymore
After the job was completed I was afraid of a mess to clean but for my surprise the guys left the area impeccable 
Price was ok
Definitely I recommend Bill and his guys

More about Fairney And Sons Ltd

Fairney & Sons offers a wide range of home improvement and general contracting services that can make your dream home into a reality. Family operated since 1971 and with a full arsenal of licensed professionals on staff, we can tackle any home improvement or renovating ideas.

Our Specialties Include:

Waterproofing, Eaves-troughs & Siding, Roofing, Interlocking, Masonry/ Concrete work, Windows & Doors, Decks & Fences, Home Repair