Fairney And Sons Ltd

Fairney And Sons Ltd

Best of 2019 winner 2 timesBest of 2019winner 2 times

Reviews for Fairney And Sons Ltd

Roofing & water leak repair

We'd been having trouble with our roof leaking and despite having had the roof replaced by a different company 2 years ago it still leaked. So I called Fairney & Sons. Not only were Bill and his team prompt to respond, they found the problem and fixed it. No more leaks, even with all the rain we've had. I liked that Bill took a methodical approach to solving the problem, and didn't try things that might not be necessary. This saved me a lot of money. I highly recommend Fairney and Sons.

Dara in Toronto
Dara in Toronto
1 review , ON

Outdoor and indoor renovations

I cannot recommend Bill and his team highly enough. Bill is incredibly professional and respectful. He talked me through all of the renovations and helped me to prioritize so I wasn't doing unnecessary work. The quality of the work was beyond my expectations, both outside and in. Bill and all who work with him are craftsmen who take genuine pride in their work. They even finished the work earlier than anticipated, which was amazing! I will only ever use Bill and his team for any future home renovations.

Martin
Martin

Exterior Deck/Window work; Insulation, Exterior Siding & Trim

This is the third time I have worked with Bill. He stepped in to finish off a job another contractor screwed up. Bill is a great communicator calling every day to provide updates and timelines. His teams clean up and work very well with the homeowner. I would use Bill for my next project.

YoDan12 in Old Toronto
YoDan12 in Old Toronto

Replacement of roof beam/rafter, fascia & eaves trough

Fairney & Sons quickly and easily replaced a rotten beam & fascia that came down at our house. Bill was great to work with, was very responseive, timely and provided detailed explanations of what had caused the issue. The work was done quickly and at the price that was quoted.
As well during the follow-up meeting, I had mentioned that we were looking to replace and change the routing of our eaves trough at the back of our house. Within minutes of seeing the work that was needed Bill was on the phone and arranging for one of his crew to come by that day to complete the work.
I would totally recommend Fairney & Sons to anyone who is looking to have work done on their home, and given we own an old East York home i will be keeping their information near by for any issues that come up in the future.

Neda in Scarborough in Scarborough
Neda in Scarborough in Scarborough

Deck and fence

I was introduced to Bill by a neighbour; my neighbour was very satisfied and was not hesitant to recommend him. After calling Bill, he came over to assess the deck and fence indicating that he would bring his "deck guy" in early spring to give me a quote. In the meantime I had a few incidents (water issues in the basement, flooding in my garage) and Bill sent someone over without any hesitation. At the end of the day he would come by to ensure the job was done right and I was happy.
Peter, Bill's deck guy, was amazing on the deck and fence. The quote was realistic, attention to detail, worked all through the heat waive. I am beyond happy with the results. Bill came by a few times to ensure that I was happy with the job being done. A couple of times I asked him to change a few things (they were after thoughts) and it was done without any extra costs.
Without a hesitation will recommend him and will definitely use the services again for other projects.

DandB in Scarborough
DandB in Scarborough

Roofing, brick walkway, tuck pointing, waterproofing and foundation

First contacted Bill to do roofing of house and garage along with chimney and replace gutters. Was so impressed on how well the work was done, how fast the work was done, and how knowledgeable the crew were that when the original jobs were completed we then hired them to do tuck pointing, inlaid brick walkway, waterproofing in the basement, and foundation work. The crew took into account my special needs for a slope in the walkway instead of a step. They were efficient, quiet, and very clean. They took the time to explain the process of what needed to be done. Would recommend them without hesitation. Thanks Bill, Barry and Donna

Susan in Toronto
Susan in Toronto

Flat roof

Bill had done my shingle roof back in 1997.. I was so happy with his service and quality of work of course I had him do my upper flat roof 5 years ago.. and he came and did my lower flat roof this week. He and his crew fixed the leaky roof quickly.. ensuring it was protected before more rain came. All 3 roofs were all well done.. the crew left the area clean and took all the old material.. I highly recommend them- I have been a repeat customer- and will be getting Bill and his crew doing other repairs in the future.

Norah
Norah

Waterproofing

I was very pleased with the work that Bill and his team did recently to resolve a water intrusion in my basement. This involved waterproofing, grade and downspout adjustment, window well installation, etc. Everything about the project went smoothly. All were pleasant to work with, they communicated well with each other and with me. They explained the work in detail, took time to answer my questions and kept me informed of progress. I would definitely work with them again. Highly recommended.

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto

Waterproofing

Bill and his team did a great job protecting my house from future water leakage. Bill suggested practical solutions to address the issue and didn’t oversell the work required. His team: Mike and Abdul and others, were really good guys and they took the time to explain things along the way, showing me what they were doing. And they cleaned up the site quite well when they were done.

Tom in Toronto
Tom in Toronto

Main floor and kitchen renovation

Bill and his team came highly recommended from several of our neighbours and they did not disappoint. We hired them to completely gut our main floor, remove some unnecessary interior walls and install a new kitchen. They also identified and fixed our HVAC issues during the process. The quote was very reasonable and they stuck to it, any extra costs were either very minimal and clearly explained, or a result of us adding extra elements to the project.

Bill's team kept in regular communication with us during the project, identifying issues and offering solutions. They were also dedicated to our project for the bulk of the work and completed it within the anticipated time frame.

I really can't say enough about how great Bill and his team were to work with. Very conscientious about the quality of the work and great attention to detail. Would hire them again in a heartbeat.

More about Fairney And Sons Ltd

Fairney & Sons offers a wide range of home improvement and general contracting services that can make your dream home into a reality. Family operated since 1971 and with a full arsenal of licensed professionals on staff, we can tackle any home improvement or renovating ideas.

Our Specialties Include:

Waterproofing, Eaves-troughs & Siding, Roofing, Interlocking, Masonry/ Concrete work, Windows & Doors, Decks & Fences, Home Repair