Strand Home Inspections Inc

Reviews for Strand Home Inspections Inc

Prem in Calgary
Prem in Calgary

Home inspection for 1st time buyer

Rick was thorough with his work, he guided me throughout the process as to what the ideal situation should look like and the deviance, if any, found during home inspection. His report is quite detailed and takes you through the nook to nook of the property, highlighting details you might easily miss. This was my first business with him but I would recommend him wholeheartedly to my family/friends or be a reference for others!

Thanks Prem! That is exactly the experience I try to achieve with each of my clients.

Dung from Calgary
Dung from Calgary

home inspection for buying

Rick Strand is a professional inspector, he did very good and thorough job on mine. I would like to thank him and tell him to keep up with good work. I absolutely recommend his service.

Thank-you for the positive review Dung, I'm glad everything worked out. All the best for 2017!

Dominik in Calgary
Dominik in Calgary

Home inspection

My experience with Rick Strand was simply great. I essentially shadowed him for the entire home inspection and he educated and taught me about home construction and of course the inspection process, as well as home maintenance. The quality of work was very high and professional. The final report was categorical, organized and clear. I look forward to recommending Rick to anyone in need of a home inspection.

Thanks so much for the review Dominik, I'm glad I was able to meet your expectations. Hope you and your family have a healthy and happy 2017!

YYCdentite in Calgary
YYCdentite in Calgary

West Hillhurst home inspection

I cannot express how pleased I am with the detailed and meticulous job that Rick did for my pre-purchase home inspection. He answered all of my questions respectfully and I learned so much from him. He never made me feel like I was asking a silly question and was very kind and patient. Because of his thorough inspection I made an educated decision not to purchase a high value home that unbeknownst to me had some major structural issues that aren't apparent to the untrained eye. I will definitely would recommend Rick to everyone and will use him again to inspect any home I'm interested in purchasing in the future.

Its fantastic that you attended the home inspection and were able to see first-hand the deficiencies found. The phrase "beauty is only skin deep" applies to many of these high value in-fill homes, I am not a big fan of "form over function" when it comes to residential construction. Thanks very much for the review!

Cindy
Cindy

Extremely thorough (and helpful for this first-time homebuyer)

I'm a first-time homebuyer, so a good inspection was important to me. Rick was extremely thorough and I appreciated that he wanted me to be there, so he could point things out and explain things to me (I need lots of explaining!). Later in the day, I was emailed a very detailed report, including photos. I'll be holding on to the report to refer back to, so I remember what needs to be fixed. Thanks so much, Rick!

More than happy to help with a first time house purchase, thanks for the review Cindy.

ryanz from Calgary
ryanz from Calgary

Home inspection

Rick is incredible. Although his schedule is very full, I feel I make a correct decision to change my flight from Vancouver to calgary in order to attend the inspection. I learn a lot. Rick spent more than 4 hours with me and explain every detail to me. I learn so much from him. He is super responsible too. When he said "you can call me for any question", he actually mean it. I called many times and he responses with patience. One and a half month after the inspection, we found out there was a stain on the main floor ceiling. My realtor suggests me to call rick to see weather he is willing to come back to take a look and rick did come back!!!He spent additional half hour to inspect that area again and we found out it was the previous owner drain some water from the second floor when they get rid of the washing machine on the second floor when they moved out. I feel bad that I did not write the review right away after the inspection because I have so many things going on but going with rick should be a perfect choice for home inspection.

I was actually just considering getting an "S" embroidered onto the front of all my work shirts :-) but without the x-ray vision it just didn't seem right. Thanks very much for the review Ryan.

Ye from Calgary
Ye from Calgary

Home Inspection

We just had Rick do a home inspection for us - luckily on short notice. He arrived 1/2 hour early to do his own walk around and then spent 4 hours walking through the property with me. He was professional, knowledgable, and very detailed in his inspection and his report. He was also easy to talk to and answered all my questions. He explained the possible cause, severity, and suggested courses of action for the issues he identified. I'm really glad we got him, as he identified a very important part of the property that was not up to code which would have been a big headache for me to deal with. This issue was missed entirely by another inspector earlier and it just goes to show that home inspectors are definitely not all of comparable caliber. I would definitely recommend Rick.

Thanks for the review Ye, it was great working with you. I'm glad that I was able to locate the serious electrical problems inside the panel, along with the other deficiencies. Although home inspectors are not code compliance inspectors, I do my best to identify safety hazards of any kind. Thanks again and take care!

Liliana
Liliana

House inspection

The person who went to my house was the owner, and he was very dilligent eith the inspection. Also he was very knowledgeable. He spent 2 hours. After the inspection he gave us a full list with the necesary maintenance for the house.

JeremyL from Calgary
JeremyL from Calgary

Home Inspection

We purchased a new home and deliberately scheduled the condition date fulfillment to be after Rick conducted the home inspection for us. I found Rick to be very responsive initially in setting our schedule and subsequently to have great communication via phone and email for everything pertaining to the home inspection. He showed up onsite early and stayed several hours with me following him around asking many questions and discussing all the various matters of the home. After having lived in the new house for just over a month we've found every single item he noted required the fix he suggested. Backed up plumbing, lack of cold air returns, water spots on the ceiling - you name it, he knew his stuff and knew the right resolution. He was extremely detail oriented with many pictures to remind each of us of the various items reviewed and did an excellent job of reviewing everything that needed to be going over. Above and beyond that he's a great guy, the time went by really fast as he was very likable and just a down to earth easy going guy. I've already recommended his service to others and will continue to do so. I'm glad we waited for him to do the inspection (Just 3 business days, but our seller was impatient to set an early close date on conditions) and will definitely use him again next time we are in the market for a new home.

Hi Jeremy, thanks for going out of your way to leave a review. I appreciate the kind words and am glad you were happy with the inspection.

Adam Rathier from Calgary
Adam Rathier from Calgary

Home Inspection

Rick Strand was very professional and on task during the entire inspection. He was very easy to talk to and answered all questions confidently. Very thorough inspection was reflected by his report

Thanks for the review Adam, I'm glad that you were happy with the inspection and report. I really appreciated the referal from your real estate agent who was very up-front in her desire to have a thorough and unbiased home inspection for the benifit of all involved in the transaction. It's really great to work with people who strive for a high ethical standard. HAPPY NEW-YEAR and all the best for 2015!

More about Strand Home Inspections Inc

PREMIUM home inspections! View a sample home inspection report at www. strandhi. com. Unbiased, accurate and complete inspections. Nationally certified, Strand Home Inspections performs thorough and structured inspections for residences of all types including detached houses, condos, townhouses and custom luxury homes. Our inspections are carried out in accordance with ...