HomeStars  >  Furniture Refinish & Repair in Milton  >  Platinum Pro Painters Inc. | Todd Lacroix

Reviews for Platinum Pro Painters Inc. | Todd Lacroix

Sheila Mazza in San Francisco
Sheila Mazza in San Francisco
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Great company and excellent work!

Todd is most professional, efficient, competent and enthusiastic about his craft. His workers spent many hours on my cupboards and did not stop and as well, they were very respectful of my home covering everything and moving items carefully. My kitchen looks brand new and it is bright and beautiful. Everything was done in a timely fashion and Todd answered any email or phone call I had, immediately. I saved so much money refinishing and I love it. I would definitely recommend this company. You will not be disappointed with the process or the fabulous end result!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a kind review. Means absolutely everything to us that we please each and every client we work for. We would be honored to work for you and your family again in the future. Enjoy the rest of your Summer Sheila!

Kitchen Refinishing

I just had my kitchen refinished and I couldn't be happier with Todd and his crew at Platinum Pro Painters. My kitchen was 22 years old, it has seen children, grandchildren and great grand children raised in it. In an Italian household the kitchen is the gathering place, many Sunday dinners, lots of celebrations and a home cooked meals almost every night. So it say it was well used is an understatement. It needed some TLC, lots of TLC. That’s where Todd and his crew stepped in. Within 8 days they removed the old cupboard doors, taped up my kitchen, painted the trim, refinished the bones of kitchen and brought back, my old cupboard doors, looking as though they had gone back in time 22 years ago!
Clean, neat, professional!!! I can’t say enough nice things about Todd, Sebastian and the other gentlemen who come to my home to take care of my kitchen. Thank you so much we are looking forward to many many more family dinners in our spectacular kitchen!

Private User reviews Cambridge, ON

Love my new kitchen

My daughter had platinum pro do her kitchen and she was very happy with the results so we had them do our kitchen and we are very happy too with their work. Everyone has commented on how great and modern our kitchen looks. Good job platinum pro.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Kitchen Cupboard resurfacing and painting

It is rare that I take the time to post a review. However, I feel it is worth the time to share my experience with Platinum Pro Painters, as food for thought for others who may be considering this company. I was highly recommended this company by a friend, and found the reviews to be great. Todd, the owner, was a great salesman in his first visit, touting the strengths of his own company, and kindly warning against the pitfalls of other companies. We planned the project (kitchen cupboard resurfacing and painting), booked the date, and proceeded.

Cupboard doors were picked up on the scheduled day (though I waited at home for 1.5 hours after booked pick-up time and then finally left for work because no one called nor was answering phones), but on-site work and reinstall were then delayed, seemingly because of other work going on in my house (which would not interfere), but I later found out because they were backed up in the shop.

On-site work was finally done, but much to my surprise, the cupboard doors were still not ready to be reinstalled, and I was told I would be called shortly to rebook that. Well, weeks passed. No one called, answered my emails nor my voice mails. After 3-4 weeks, I finally texted the installer, and he was good enough to say he would take care of it. There was then further delay, despite my many calls and emails.

I finally called Todd directly to complain. He "explained" (not apologized) about having personnel problems, personal problems, etc. I was clear that I had no issue with that, and that I can understand things happen, but that it was still his company's responsibility to communicate that there would be a delay, and to respond to customer queries.

The doors finally came back. Unfortunately, some had blemishes, and some were mismatched in color. After 2-3 more iterations of doors going back to the workshop, we finally had all our doors installed, 3 months late. Even now, the doors don't all match in tint, but I am so fed up, I don't have the energy nor time to deal with them further (please note that we went with a very standard Cloud White, so not sure why they can't get the tint correct)

To add insult to injury, Todd was very preoccupied with getting his final payment, which I had refused to give until the job was completed to my satisfaction. Despite my explicitly saying that, my credit card was charged prematurely, without my consent (I assume they had kept the # on file from a prior payment).

While he may well be Beaumler-approved, etc., I think these are very concerning issues which prospective clients should know about. In sum, the issues were:
-not respectful of time/schedule (say they will come at a specific time and either don't come at all or come hours later)
-significant delays to the job, without communication
-quality issues of the job
-random concerns (charged my credit card without my consent, they broke the chain lock on the back door and never told me, an extensive amount of my newly painted wall was damaged beyond what they say is a risk with the application of painter's tape, etc.)

Hilda in Toronto
Hilda in Toronto

Kitchen renovation

I had a very bad experience with the company. Todd is a very confident and good salesman, but you don't get your money's worth. They are absolutely uncapable of working on site properly with the spray paint. The paint was running at places, the surface is not smooth. They tried and tried to fix it with no luck, at the end at some places the paint was applied with a paint roller. A paint roller!!! The painting booth job on the doors are bad quality. The paint is not thick enough. The whole experience was a nightmare. The last day when they were supposed to be finishing the job Todd called, that the doors came out of the booth , but it is not the finish I requested. How did they not notice???? I just settled for a different finish just to end this terrible nightmare. The company is advertising themselves with Holmes inspection etc. but nothing rings true after this horrible experience. I had an estimate for $ 5,000 but I chose Todd because more expensive must be better!!!! Wrong! That other company repainted a bathroom cabinet for us! The differance is night and day!! I have been had!!!!

Thank you so much for the response from the company! It really sounds great especially the praising the company part, but in our case, it is so far from reality. As a costumer I definitely didn't feel that our satisfaction was important. To use bad emploee issues as an excuse is lame. The fish always smells from the head. If a company doesn't have good employees, they should not accept jobs until it is not resolved. As the owner of the company you are responsible. What happened is not fair to us costumers. Our house was a mess for 5 weeks (1 week before to empty the cabinets, 1 week after to put back everything), and at the end only disappointment. As for calling you to rectify the problem, ... We already did that. Before you demanded the payment we told you that the finish is rough, it is not done properly. You promised to come out to check, but the company was only interested to get the payment right away! There was no final walk to assure satisfaction (as it says in the contract)! Anyway, we paid but you didn't come to inspect as promised! Rafael (apparently bad emploee, who works badly for the company for 5 years already) was sent, when I told him that the sufaces are not smooth the answer was "you worry to much" tell your guest they should only look, not to touch"! After this what can I do? I am going to call for a special inspector to check the kind of work this company has done. We are going to contact the Better Business Bureau. Holmes should make THIS right.

Hi Hilda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your thoughts mean everything to us. We have had some staff changes since your project and we are fully committed to rectifying any issues you have. It sometimes comes down to bad employees but as the owner of this business for 9 yrs with not 1 bad review, it shows my character in how I know my clients deserve to be treated. Please call me today or when you're free and we can take great care of you moving forward.

Thanks Hilda.

anna in Vaughan
anna in Vaughan

Kitchen cupboard resurfacing

Buyer beware! Platinum Pro is one of the worst companies to deal with. I met Todd in February 2017, selling me his state of the art spray booth, and that my kitchen cabinets will look "brand new" I am writing this on Oct 5th and my kitchen cupboards are still not to my satisfaction. This company not only has huge problems with their spraying booth, they also have bigger problems in their accounting department. Mr Lacroix insisted that he did not receive my initial deposit of 450.00 which I gave him on June 1st, and threatened to take me to small claims court! I sent him my Mastercard statement within 2 hours which showed I indeed paid this amount. BOTTOM LINE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Antonetta in Burlington
Antonetta in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Absolutely love my new Kitchen. Jill is amazing and customer service oriented. Always took my calls and quick to respond.
Thanks for the team who helped transform and bring to life my dream kitchen.

Quinn Smith in Oakville
Quinn Smith in Oakville

Kitchen Cabinet Refinishing...

Great experience from start to finish! Todd completed a site visit, reviewed their process, materials, options, costs, timelines and testimonials. I felt very confident in their services following this consultation. They were able to accommodate my requested timelines to complete the work during our vacation (kitchen will be out of service for a couple of days). For all intents and purposes they turn your kitchen area into a miniature spray to provide a consistent finish with the cabinet door finish (that they do the doors off-site at their shop). After the job was complete there were some minor touch ups (to be expected). Their service team was back within a couple of days to complete the touch up! Jill the office manager was a pleasure to work with as well. The finished product: if you didn't know they were refinished, you'd assume they were direct from the factory! Awesome job...highly recommended. I've already referred 3 people! See the attached before and after photos.

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto
1 review Burlington, ON

Kitchen Renovation

Great experience with the team from Platinum Pro. We had our kitchen cabinets refinished with new paint. The team was professional and the finished product looks like a brand new kitchen! Thanks guys.

More about Platinum Pro Painters Inc. | Todd Lacroix

PLATINUM PRO PAINTERS is proud to be featured on the 2014 Season of Holmes on Homes on HGTV! PLATINUM PRO PAINTERS was also featured on the Season Finale of Property Brothers in 2014. PLATINUM PRO PAINTERS is the featured Painting Company for the new series on HGTV Open House Overhaul ...
Looking for Furniture Refinish & Repair pros in Milton?