On Time Garage Doors Ltd.

Garage Doors & Hardware
Brampton ON L6S 1Y3
Garage Doors & Hardware
On Time Garage Doors Ltd.

Reviews for On Time Garage Doors Ltd.

Brampton_realtor1978 in Toronto
Brampton_realtor1978 in Toronto

Replacement of multiple Garage doors and door openers

I have been using Nav's services over and over again for my clients, my properties and referrals as well, all over Toronto and surrounding areas. It's challenging for me to phantom Nav's customer service as anything but superior, mistakes happen however its how they are corrected that really count. Whenever there are any issues with anything that is completed (very rare), Nav has always made time to correct the issue at hand.
Nav has been in this business for nearly 15 years and understands the garage door functions and business very well. I would highly recommend.

Thank you for your review. Appreciate the positive feedback.

ToNY Bianchi in Woodbridge
ToNY Bianchi in Woodbridge

Garage door opener installation

Found this service on kijiji and am very pleased with the outcome. The price was reasonable as I had previously contacted other installers. Nav did a great job. Coordinated both doors on one remote device. Would recommend.

Thank you for your review, Tony.

Mahen
Mahen

Remove 2 old openers and install 2 new Chamberlain Openers

I contacted Nav on Feb 4, 2019 to get a quote. He responded very quickly. Since his price was very competitive and he was available on that day and following day, I decided to go with him. While getting the price quote, I provided him # of openers (2), my house location and opener model number.
I was expecting a good customer service… end result is not close to good. I thought I should write a review of what happened so that other customers know what to expect.
Nav came on Feb 5. He arrived on time, assembled the rail, belt and attached to the garage door opener very quickly but ignored the Sprocket Cover - I found sprocket cover + 3 hex screw package inside the opener boxes; unfortunately I didn’t notice until I cleaned the garage later that day.
He was going to use old wires to connect the door controls - I had to ask him to use new wires
I noticed he opened the light lens of new openers by hitting the top of the lens by his drill handle! I am glad they didn’t break.
He didn’t remove the old door control because he didn’t have flat head screw driver! He also didn’t remove the old safety reversing sensors.
New safety reversing sensors are same size as the old ones. He said there is not enough space for the new ones and installed them 24 inches from the floor! Chamberlain manual says sensors must be installed within 6 inches from floor. So, new safety reversing sensors are NOT installed according to manufacturer's recommendation:-(
In about an hour, he knocked on the door and said he is done. The model I purchased (B980C) came with an automatic garage door lock. When I asked about the lock, his response was "you don’t need it"! I told him I bought this model due to the additional lock feature. He complained that it is more work and I didn’t tell him about the lock! When I responded with "I provided you the model number in the text message", he said my track is old and doesn’t have required holes! I looked at the track and there were holes but not the exact size. He couldn’t come up with another excuse and said he will only install one screw (holes in the track didn’t align with the screw hole in the lock). When I looked at the manual later, I noticed installer is supposed to use the template included with the lock and drill new holes just above one of the roller (within 3 inches from the roller). Currently lock is installed about 12 & 14 (one garage door lock 12 inches from roller and other 14 inches from roller) inches from rollers! So, locks are also NOT installed according to manufacturer's recommendation:-(
He looked around the garage to make sure he picked up all his tools but didn’t clean up.
He asked if I want to keep the left over screws. I said yes and he left them on the floor.
He didn’t use the door arm, curved door arm and hanging brackets came with new opener… old ones were used. He walked out with the new ones. I had to ask him to leave the new pieces with the screws.

After the install, I ended up doing the following. I was not expecting him to do last 2 items in this. Just capturing for completeness:
-Removed light bulbs from old units and installed on the new ones
-Swapped old door arm/curved door arm with the new ones
-Placed the sprocket cover above the garage door opener. I was not able to attach using 3 hex screws due to lack of space. This must have been done before attaching garage support bracket.
-Removed old door control and wiring - in couple of places where new wire went over the old wire, he had stapled them both together!
-Removed old safety reversing sensors.
-Changed time in the door control and timer for light
-Configured wifi connection and connected to iPhone app

If sprocket cover was installed, all new parts were used, safety reversing sensors and automatic garage door locks are installed per the manufacturer's recommendation, I would have given a better rating.

Now I need to find a real professional to fix the mistakes made during this install.

Hi Mahen - thank you for your very thorough review, we take pride in the work we do. We will take this as a learning opportunity to better serve the consumer. However we would appreciate you call us if this issue was bothering you as I recall when we departed you were satisfied with the work completed. As far as the sensors go, they were placed slightly higher due to the concrete cinderblock in the middle of both of your doors. Again thank you for your review and we will ensure to amend the challenges that you faced for future. Have a nice day.

Kyle
Kyle
4 reviews , ON

Professional, friendly and affordable- Highly Recomended

Nav came to install 2 garage door openers, key pads and hardware. Was extremely professional and we couldn't be more pleased with his work. Competitive pricing for exceptional service. Highly recomended!

Thank you for your review.

Sharan
Sharan

replaced 2 springs and 1 cable

I call Nav on Sunday morning and told him my door doesn't open, he came within an hour and he told me right away the problem and what it would cost me, there was no up-selling or anything... in less then 1 hour he was done and it is working great ever since.. Thanks for all your help, Nav

Thank you for your review.

Mike in Brampton
Mike in Brampton

Replaced a broken spring and installed a garage door opener

not only did he replace the spring and install the opener at a fabulous price, he greased both of my doors and made them even more smoother and quieter... Would defn recommend to all who might want a straight forward person who knows what he is doing... he was great. Thank you Nav!
Mike

Thanks, Mike.

Looking for Garage Doors & Hardware pros in Brampton?