Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens

Reviews for Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens

Veronica in Gloucester
Veronica in Gloucester

Full Gut of Kitchen to a Amazing New Kitchen

I had a 45 year old kitchen in desperate need to update. I got a quote for the job. They helped me pick out everything. Listened to my ideas and incorporated them into the design. They did an amazing job. Communication was great through out. Very Satisfied with the new kitchen and the process.

Doug Brunt in Ottawa
Doug Brunt in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Kitchen Renovation

We had our kitchen renovated last year by Distinctive and we are extremely pleased with the outcome. The design help from Susan Mitchell was amazing and highly recommended. We had to gut the old kitchen, move one wall and then build from there. The end result is a bright, modern kitchen with more functional space than we expected. Thanks again.
Mary & Doug

Danny & Karen in Cumberland
Danny & Karen in Cumberland
1 review Ottawa, ON

Bath to Shower renovation in ensuite bathroom

After shopping around through a few Kitchen & Bath places, we settled on Distinctive Bathroom & Kitchens right here in Orleans. From the start to finish of this project we knew we were in good hands. Our Design consultant stepped us through the process and was very helpfull in explaning different types of materials and with colour schemes. The contract was clear and we signed off on a very detailed work plan schedule. Every day we were advised of what work was scheduled and happening on that day. The employees were professional, courteous and friendly. We told my wife's parents about and how happy we were with the job, and they went and got their bathroom done as well. What can we say...Good Company...Good People...Good Service Danny & Karen

molmil8 in Cumberland
molmil8 in Cumberland

Kitchen Renovation

Anna was patient and listened to what was important to us and then designed a beautiful kitchen that is much more functional. The workers were polite and respectful of our home and all were experts at their jobs. We chose DBK as they did our 2 bathrooms 5 years ago which we still love. This time we didn't need to shop around but went straight to DBK with this project. They have excellent client care, are focused on quality, establish reasonable timelines and respect them. They take pride in their work and make sure that their customers are satisfied with the outcome. In short: DBK=Hassle-free!

Eric
Eric
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Kitchen reno

We were very pleased with the work Distinctive did on our kitchen. The project actually turned out better than anticipated. It was a quite large undertaking (by our standards) where two walls were removed and where ducts and plumbing needed to be redirected. The near totality of the work was done within schedule. There were a few outliers at the end, but we had full use of the kitchen and we never felt they were being ignored.

It started off with a visit from the designer to our home where she asked many pertinent questions about our cooking and entertaining habits. She was conscientious and patient with all our questions throughout the process. We never felt rushed having to pick out a multitude of options. The actual work went as well as it possibly could. The workers showed up early in the morning and would leave by dinner time, but not before cleaning up so we could have a semblance of a routine during this tumultuous time. Problems would arise as they're wont to do but they were always nipped in the bud and fixed before they became huge issues. Communication remained open with the project manager, on-site manager, designer and staff throughout the project.

We had a lot of work done in the house but nothing quite as big as this kitchen reno. Yet, it was the smoothest execution of them all.

Linda Russell from Ottawa
Linda Russell from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Bathroom renovation

This was a great company to deal with. They are professional, reliable, honest, and very customer-service oriented. They delivered on time and on budget and didn’t hesitate to come back to deal with a couple of minor issues to ensure that we were completely satisfied.

Caroline, our designer, provided excellent service with regard to the design and product selections for our bathroom renovation. She immediately understood the look I was trying to achieve and came up with a lovely initial design which gradually evolved over time. I enjoy doing my own internet research and as a result I turned out to be a rather hands-on client, but Caroline handled all of my questions, changes and occasional bouts of “angst” with patience and aplomb. Throughout the process she always managed to say exactly the right thing to assuage any concerns I had.

The tradesmen were experts in their fields, courteous and hard-working. During the first phase of the renovation Ray and an assistant had to work in our tiny bathroom with the door closed and they somehow managed to remain cheerful despite the sweltering heat. Ray was in our home for much of the renovation. He has a very calm manner and was a pleasure to have around.

Sheilagh provided excellent project coordination throughout our renovation. Having an employee who is dedicated to this function is a terrific idea; it was great to get her regular updates so that I knew what to expect and could plan my time.

Finally, we really appreciated the excellent advice we received from Dominic, the manager, with regard to a plumbing issue specific to our 60 year old house. DBK was the only company we spoke with who really understood the problem and did not simply recommend that we get a Toto toilet, which would not have been a solution in our case.

We are delighted with the final product and highly recommend DBK!

Cheryl in Brampton
Cheryl in Brampton

Kitchen Reno

I cannot recommend Distinctive highly enough. When my husband and I were finally ready to pull the trigger on a major renovation we looked at 4 different companies. While not the lowest quote, it was far from the highest and I honestly believe that the level of service we received and the quality of workmanship gave us the best value for our money. From the first contact to the last touch-up, everyone we dealt with was attentive to our needs, pleasant and professional.

For a little background, our house is almost 50 years old and has never had any upgrades beyond the cosmetic. We relocated the kitchen, added a main floor laundryroom, and knocked down several interior walls.

We worked with Vida on the design. She is a delight! She came up with ideas we never would have imagined and was mindful of our budget restrictions while giving us the kitchen of our dreams. Sheilagh managed the project with precision and I looked forward to her daily phone calls updating us on the progress and letting us know what to expect in the coming days. Her calm and reassuring demeanor went a long way to minimizing my stress level.

Finally, the work crews were amazing from top to bottom. They were polite, reliable and courteous. The fast pace and quality of their work was absolutely top-notch. From the demolition and framing crew to the flooring, tilers and cabinet installers, and all the plumbers and electricians- they were a pleasure to deal with.

In the end, our new kitchen was functional in less than 4 weeks and came in on budget.

Bathroom Completion

We moved into our home in Orleans in 2015. The previous owners had redone the bathrooms but decided to cheap out in some areas (even though it was evident that they spent a fair bit of money to do the work that was completed). After my husband and I dealt with these issues for a year or so, we decided to finally "finish" the bathrooms. This included the installation of a proper shower rod in the one bathroom, a hanging cabinet and new sink in the ensuite, proper medicine cabinets, and tile baseboards in both bathrooms. Tanya Letourneau assisted us with the design and gave excellent suggestions regarding choice of sink and cabinetry that would match our tile. Luckily we were able to find the original tile at Lowe's! After the design process was complete, installation happened very quickly and was well done. Many thanks to Distinctive!

jblinkhorn in Ottawa
jblinkhorn in Ottawa

Frustrating Management

We are about halfway through a bathroom renovation. The designer gave us an incorrect timeline and now our project is going to take almost twice as long as originally told. When I spoke with the manager all that was offered was a 'sorry'.... dropping $26,000 on a reno... I think you can do a little better than that. I have also had issues with staff not calling back when I have had inquiries. I put my dogs in boarding so that they would not be disturbed by strangers coming and going... now I will have to incur additional expenses due to the 'miscommunication' at Distinctive.
Workmanship so far is awesome but dealing with the designer and management has been frustrating!

Cindy in
Cindy in

Bathroom Renovation

Another renovation success story with Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens! Vida (Designer) and Sheilagh (Project Manager) were absolutes gems to work with! I can't say enough good things; skilled, professional, easy to talk to, understanding, and extremely efficient. On my first visit with Vida, she had already picked out several samples to have them ready for viewing and I loved her choices immediately! I’m completely happy with the design of my newly renovated bathroom…thanks Vida! And Sheilagh was amazingly organized. She would call me at the end of every day (and during if there were any changes to the work schedule) to let me know what to expect the next day. If I had any issues or questions at all during the renovation, (and there were very few) she would always have an immediate solution. The Distinctive Bathrooms and Kitchens contractors all did superb work! What was really impressive is that they all seemed to take such pride in their work and that certainly showed in the finished product. Thank you again Vida, Sheilagh and contractors for my beautiful new bathroom. Have a great summer! Cindy

More about Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens

For over 27 years, Distinctive has been offering superior service, unique designs and unparalleled craftsmanship. Since our humble beginnings in 1989 when we were located on St-Joseph Boulevard under Randall’s Paints; our team has kept growing along with our clientele. We are now located at 2035 Lanthier Drive (1 block ...
Looking for Bathroom Renovation pros in Cumberland?