Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens

Bathroom Renovation
2035 Lanthier dr Ottawa ON K4A 3V5
HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Cumberland  >  Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens

Reviews for Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens

Linda Russell from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

This was a great company to deal with. They are professional, reliable, honest, and very customer-service oriented. They delivered on time and on budget and didn’t hesitate to come back to deal with a couple of minor issues to ensure that we were completely satisfied.

Caroline, our designer, provided excellent service with regard to the design and product selections for our bathroom renovation. She immediately understood the look I was trying to achieve and came up with a lovely initial design which gradually evolved over time. I enjoy doing my own internet research and as a result I turned out to be a rather hands-on client, but Caroline handled all of my questions, changes and occasional bouts of “angst” with patience and aplomb. Throughout the process she always managed to say exactly the right thing to assuage any concerns I had.

The tradesmen were experts in their fields, courteous and hard-working. During the first phase of the renovation Ray and an assistant had to work in our tiny bathroom with the door closed and they somehow managed to remain cheerful despite the sweltering heat. Ray was in our home for much of the renovation. He has a very calm manner and was a pleasure to have around.

Sheilagh provided excellent project coordination throughout our renovation. Having an employee who is dedicated to this function is a terrific idea; it was great to get her regular updates so that I knew what to expect and could plan my time.

Finally, we really appreciated the excellent advice we received from Dominic, the manager, with regard to a plumbing issue specific to our 60 year old house. DBK was the only company we spoke with who really understood the problem and did not simply recommend that we get a Toto toilet, which would not have been a solution in our case.

We are delighted with the final product and highly recommend DBK!

Cheryl in Brampton

I cannot recommend Distinctive highly enough. When my husband and I were finally ready to pull the trigger on a major renovation we looked at 4 different companies. While not the lowest quote, it was far from the highest and I honestly believe that the level of service we received and the quality of workmanship gave us the best value for our money. From the first contact to the last touch-up, everyone we dealt with was attentive to our needs, pleasant and professional.

For a little background, our house is almost 50 years old and has never had any upgrades beyond the cosmetic. We relocated the kitchen, added a main floor laundryroom, and knocked down several interior walls.

We worked with Vida on the design. She is a delight! She came up with ideas we never would have imagined and was mindful of our budget restrictions while giving us the kitchen of our dreams. Sheilagh managed the project with precision and I looked forward to her daily phone calls updating us on the progress and letting us know what to expect in the coming days. Her calm and reassuring demeanor went a long way to minimizing my stress level.

Finally, the work crews were amazing from top to bottom. They were polite, reliable and courteous. The fast pace and quality of their work was absolutely top-notch. From the demolition and framing crew to the flooring, tilers and cabinet installers, and all the plumbers and electricians- they were a pleasure to deal with.

In the end, our new kitchen was functional in less than 4 weeks and came in on budget.

We moved into our home in Orleans in 2015. The previous owners had redone the bathrooms but decided to cheap out in some areas (even though it was evident that they spent a fair bit of money to do the work that was completed). After my husband and I dealt with these issues for a year or so, we decided to finally "finish" the bathrooms. This included the installation of a proper shower rod in the one bathroom, a hanging cabinet and new sink in the ensuite, proper medicine cabinets, and tile baseboards in both bathrooms. Tanya Letourneau assisted us with the design and gave excellent suggestions regarding choice of sink and cabinetry that would match our tile. Luckily we were able to find the original tile at Lowe's! After the design process was complete, installation happened very quickly and was well done. Many thanks to Distinctive!

jblinkhorn in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We are about halfway through a bathroom renovation. The designer gave us an incorrect timeline and now our project is going to take almost twice as long as originally told. When I spoke with the manager all that was offered was a 'sorry'.... dropping $26,000 on a reno... I think you can do a little better than that. I have also had issues with staff not calling back when I have had inquiries. I put my dogs in boarding so that they would not be disturbed by strangers coming and going... now I will have to incur additional expenses due to the 'miscommunication' at Distinctive.
Workmanship so far is awesome but dealing with the designer and management has been frustrating!

Cindy in
1 review Ottawa, ON

Another renovation success story with Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens! Vida (Designer) and Sheilagh (Project Manager) were absolutes gems to work with! I can't say enough good things; skilled, professional, easy to talk to, understanding, and extremely efficient. On my first visit with Vida, she had already picked out several samples to have them ready for viewing and I loved her choices immediately! I’m completely happy with the design of my newly renovated bathroom…thanks Vida! And Sheilagh was amazingly organized. She would call me at the end of every day (and during if there were any changes to the work schedule) to let me know what to expect the next day. If I had any issues or questions at all during the renovation, (and there were very few) she would always have an immediate solution. The Distinctive Bathrooms and Kitchens contractors all did superb work! What was really impressive is that they all seemed to take such pride in their work and that certainly showed in the finished product. Thank you again Vida, Sheilagh and contractors for my beautiful new bathroom. Have a great summer! Cindy

Donna in Scarborough

The moment we walked in to Distinctive Bathrooms and Kitchens and met our designer, Vida Kiani, we new it was the right fit for us! Vida and I clicked right away! She was very easy to talk to and very conscious of our budget and did everything to stay within it! The design she came up with was wonderful! It is a much more spacious and functional kitchen now! We were very impressed with her vision and we love our new kitchen!

Sheilagh was amazing as well! She would call at the end of
everyday and keep us up to date as to what was to come the next
day! Her communication was awesome! Great service!

Marc was also wonderful! He was always on time and was very informative! He answered any questions I had about the process
and was very patient and always professional!

Overall, we would highly recommend Distintive Bathrooms and
Kitchens for your renovation! They have a great team and
everything was very well coordinated! Thank you very much!

Donna and Kent

Sheilagh was amazing as well! She called

lesley b in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

I love love love my new space - VIDA KIANI was wonderful in providing ideas, and making our vision come to pass an was as careful with our budget as if it were her own. we Love the results and the team were A1 - great work, great communication, and great follow up. I would highly recommend both VIDA and DBK to anyone who wants to transform their personal space. they will make it happen and will not disappoint. LLB

Elaine Courtney in Orleans
1 review Ottawa, ON

This project was very enjoyable. Susan Mitchell did our design and was extremely helpful with suggestions and showed us new concepts, etc. Helped us tremendously in making the right choices. Sheilagh coordinated the project and we really appreciated the daily update on who would come the next day and at what time. The workers were professional and showed up on time. They always cleaned up behind themselves and showed us the work done before leaving.
Overall, the project went as planned with a few delays that could not be helped due to Christmas break and a few unexpected discoveries after demo. Would definitely recommend DBK to friends and family. Great job!

Doug and Anne in Boston
1 review Ottawa, ON

We reached out to Distinctive Bathrooms after checking other box stores. We were assigned toTonya and she took us through the design process and helped us make better decisions. The bathroom is 95% completed due to the Xmas break. Throughout the whole process, we were informed of what was completed daily and what would take place next. The workers were knowlegable, polite and showed us what they had done. After each shift , they cleaned up the work area . Would we use Distinctive again? Absolutely. From design to finished area, this is a very professional operation.

Francine in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Marissa was our designer and she was fantastic. Project was done professionally and results are stunning. DBK made sure everything was perfect. Although expensive, we would use this company again.

Thank you Francine for the kind words, I have send a message to all involved. We are happy that you are enjoying your space. Dominic Manzo from Distinctive Bathrooms and Kitchens

More about Distinctive Bathrooms & Kitchens

For over 27 years, Distinctive has been offering superior service, unique designs and unparalleled craftsmanship. Since our humble beginnings in 1989 when we were located on St-Joseph Boulevard under Randall’s Paints; our team has kept growing along with our clientele. We are now located at 2035 Lanthier Drive (1 block ...