Eko Couture Custom Drapes

Reviews for Eko Couture Custom Drapes

Ashna from Toronto
Ashna from Toronto

Blinds

We again used the services of this company after 2 years, to add some blinds to our living room. They had our records from past and they immediately connected with us. They suggested the right type of blinds for the balcony and fitted them within 2 weeks. Excellent service as always - on time, quality work, and well within budget!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Christopher in Toronto
Christopher in Toronto

Amazing service and attention to detail

I use them for all of my clients. They have excellent customer service, their turn around time is always fast, and the quality is outstanding. They pay special attention to the little details and always have excellent solutions and suggestions for my clients spaces.

Thank-you for the review it is always a pleasure to work with you.

Katie in Toronto
Katie in Toronto

Custom Sheer Curtains- Loft

We had a wonderful experience with Ekocouture Custom Drapes. I had never had drapes made before, and needed expert advice on how to dress the 17ft. windows in our new loft. The drapes were made within weeks and were installed in a timely manner. I am very happy with how everything looks. Viggo was professional, kind and friendly while in our home.

Irene & Viggo make a great team!

Katie

Hi Katie,
Thanks so much for your review. Very happy you are pleased.

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Bali winter white blackouts

Irene responses quick.
Installation and materials were perfect.
A bit pricey.
Overall experience is good.
I recommend this to everyone who is willing to pay more for better service. They do free consultation and provide a quote right after.

Hi Daniel
Thank-you your kind review.
We do feel our prices are very competitive and will match our competitors price for the same product.
Best Regards,
Irene

Drapes are absolutely gorgeous!

Recently Viggo and Irene sold me drapes. They took the time to come to my condo in The Thompson Hotel Residences to really help me determine what would look best. They helped me select the most beautiful floor to ceiling drapes. Viggo came to install them and I have never been happier to walk into my condo! The drapes provide incredible blackout coverage of the sun in addition to providing some noise protection. If you are looking for the best in drapery look no further than Irene and Viggo and Ekocouture!

Viggo & I are thrilled that you are enjoying your new blackout drapes!

Bedroom Drapes

EkoCouture did an outstanding job with our custom made bedroom drapes-we were so pleased. The material is gorgeous, the selection of fabrics was good and the quality was excellent. Even more important, the service was top notch-very helpful in explaining the options and installation was quick, and well done. Pricing was very reasonable, considering the quality of product and superiority of service.
I cannot recommend this company highly enough.

Thank you kindly for your review looking forward to working with you again soon!

Cathy Smith
Cathy Smith

Sheers, Blackouts & Blinds for Condo & Draperies for Cottage

Irene and Viggo are both a pleasure to work with. From measurements to advice on fabric choices to installation, they were both helpful, on time and on budget. After being so happy with our condo installation, they agreed to drive north to our cottage to take care of our requirements there (above and beyond). Professional and friendly service. I will continue to use EkoCouture for all of my drapery needs and highly recommend them.

Thank you Cathy for the wonderful review !

Charlene in Toronto
Charlene in Toronto

Curtains and rollers

Very professional staff. Friendly, punctual(very, very punctual) and honest about their products with both pros and cons. We did two very large windows and three smaller ones. They are attentive to the little details too like where the chain falls on the door with a roller.

Thank-you for the great review, we are very happy that you are enjoying your new window coverings.

Sara Brown in Toronto
Sara Brown in Toronto
5 reviews Colborne, ON

Second time, just as happy.

We had to leave our beautiful custom drapes from EkoCouture behind when we sold our house in Toronto last year. We didn't know if they would travel to our new house east of the city, but they came out, measured, helped us figure out best plan for drapes and blinds, and then exactly two weeks later came back and installed our whole house. Everything was perfect, and very reasonable price especially for the quality (I got a quote for drapes in our new small town location and it was substantially higher). Very happy.

Thank-you Sara for the wonderful review hope you are enjoying your new home and the drapery.

Buyer beware- Not blackout curtains

Update:
This is exactly how a business should NOT respond to an upset customer- it will only make the customer more upset! (Business 101). They responded in a completely unsympathetic manner, saying that my review was "not factual and completely without merit"- why would I be wasting my time here making up BS. It's time to embrace a negative review and not bash your own customers for it!! Therefore I am warning those who want black out curtains to look elsewhere. The point of these review sites is for people to share their experiences. The owner didn't take responsibility for their actions, used my name when I wanted it to be anonymous, and couldn't even apologize for not being honest. It just shows the company is not as great as they live up to.
The owner's response was stretching the truth. How is it my fault the previous owner of my apartment smoked? That has absolutely nothing to do with me at all! They offered to take it down at no cost. When they say it lets in a "little amount of light" this just isn't true at all! It is so bright and My boyfriend and I sleep with masks every night now. They also made me wait over a month to install them. The amount of light let in for over $1,000 is completely unacceptable and is the same amount of light that was let in before these curtains. Moral of the story is that I was told one thing and it wasn't true.

Original review- Although they were nice to deal with, they were not blackout curtains like they originally guaranteed. They told me I had to go hire someone else from Craigslist to fix the curtains because they, "don't do that." Would not recommend them because they weren't true blackout curtains and a complete waste of over $1,000.00!

Review has 1 previous version

Leslie was informed on the day of colour consultation and measurement that Black-out lined drapery does let in a small amount of light near the ceiling mounted track. We always inform clients that Black-out lined drapery will provide room darkening but not total darkness.

On the day of installation we removed the existing broken roller blinds that were drenched in wet tar from cigarette smoke and condensation, this was done at no charge, and Leslie further commented that she was very pleased with the new Black-out lined drapery and surprised over the improvement they were to the old roller blinds in terms of providing room darkening and could not wait to complete the other rooms once her finances permitted.

Almost two months following the installation of the Black-out lined drapery, Leslie complained about some light escaping from the top of the Black-out lined drapery and we suggested to Leslie that a handyman install a board/valance, which we always recommend to clients sensitive to light. As we do not do carpentry and since cost was an issue for Leslie we suggested to her to do a search on “Kijiji” for a handyman to install a board.

Finally, before ordering the Black-out lined drapery Leslie came to our showroom see our samples of Black-out lined drapery hanging in front of the windows, so it is very frustrating that Leslie chose to write a negative review some 3 months later that is not factual and completely without merit. Once again, we carefully explained to Leslie that a 4 inch board painted black on the inside and mounted on the ceiling wall-to-wall in front of the Black-out lined drapery would help cut any light escaping.

More about Eko Couture Custom Drapes

EkoCouture Custom Drapes offers the best in window coverings at the greatest prices in Toronto. We will customize your windows with a wide selection of designer fabrics both eco friendly and conventional. We also carry a complete line of solar blinds and designer roller shades. We specialize in ripplefold custom ...
Looking for Drapery & Curtains pros in Toronto?