Rawlinson Carpentry

Reviews for Rawlinson Carpentry

Joshua in Toronto
Joshua in Toronto

Stairs and landing

I called Rawlinson Carpentry to replace my old, rotten backyard stairs and landing. Thomas was extremely informative and knowledgeable and provided specific information including pros and cons of various options. Thomas provided me with a very detailed quote with all items explained, and made it very easy to book a time slot. The work was beautifully done, the quality and appearance are much greater than I'd even expected. I feel proud to have this quality of work in my home and it's clear that both Thomas and Tom take a great deal of pride in their work. I'm happy to recommend Rawlinson Carpentry to anyone.

Joshua thank you for doing a review of our service! It was a pleasure being chosen the one's to help you with your back stairs and landing project, and we are so glad you are very pleased with the results! We wish you the very best!

Deck

We are very happy with the deck. Thomas is an excellent communicator, sharing his knowledge and recommendations, and explaining the stages of the building process. He was always accessible by email.
Thomas' scheduling was realistic and had no surprises. Any necessary changes were kept close to schedule as weather would permit.
Thomas and Tom, his assistant, were organized and totally professional. Thomas' skill, organization and workmanship produced a deck for which we are most satisfied. We are very happy to recommend Thomas any time.

J & C ....Thank you for taking the time and giving us this terrific and detailed review!
Your two decks and your beautiful yard were a pleasure to work in and yes our makeover does truly shine, and we do many of these to save many clients the price of an all new deck(s) as most times it is just the flooring portion that gets all the UV, water and wear and tear and can easily be changed as you've now seen! It looks like a brand new deck with the railings capped and the planters and steps redone... we too are proud of the final result also! Here's wishing you and family, the very best from us both!

Lois Rowe in Toronto, Ontario Canada
Lois Rowe in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Cedar Porch and Fence

Thomas takes great pride in his work. He hand selected the materials for the porch and fence in order to ensure each item was of the highest quality. He arrived when he said he would and kept us informed at each step of the project. The work site was left tidy each day.

Thank you so much Lois for taking the time to do this review, and for your kind words about our service, it is much appreciated. Working with hand picked cedar on both the new custom porch and the fencing is something I enjoy to do very much as WRC is a delight to work with. And the response from not only you, but many of your kind neighbors who took the time to compliment us..is the reason I do what I do and we are extremely proud of the end result and we're glad you are most happy with the work. We wish you the very best for a wonderful balance to your summer season!

Andrea in Toronto
Andrea in Toronto

New horizontal fence

We were so happy with the service and skill from Rawlinson Carpentry! While they were on site Thomas and Tom were friendly, considerate of our neighbours, and extremely tidy! We really liked working with them, and plan to hire them again to redo our retaining walls. In the meantime, we love our new fence. It turned out beautifully and has transformed our backyard. I can't recommend Rawlinson highly enough.

Thank you so much Andrea And Russell for this great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to tell others all about us....here's wishing you and your family our best wishes!

Theodore
Theodore

Too good, and it’s true!

You know the old saying, “When something looks too good to be true, it probably is”? Well in the case of RC Woodmasters Tom/Tom are too good, and it is true.

While they appear low profile in online searches I want to assure potential clients that they are legit and fantastic. I almost don’t want to post on here because you might take the spot for my next project.

Why was I happy with the 150 ft long 6-8 ft. high fence with gate? Here are my four main reasons:

Communication – Often the worst trait of a contractor is their ability and consistency in communication. Thomas on the other hand is very different. Thomas was quick to reply, accessible by phone, email and text, and didn’t shy away from taking the time to explain things which I valued. He never made me feel dumb asking many questions either and was very clear and transparent with invoicing and prices.

Cleanliness – These guys leave the place cleaner than when they started. Even after mixing a skid full of cement there was no dust anywhere or hardly even a nail left. I have a 1.5 year old and we were out playing in the backyard each day after they left I had no concerns during the project.

Value – I am not rich enough to buy something twice; so while price is important I wanted to spend money on quality. With Tom/Tom you get quality service, materials, design, and building all at a price that beat out the 3 other quotes I received.

Professionalism – Provides recommendations, guidance from experience, does all work by hand (no nail gun), knows wind load standards, hand digs 4+ foot holes for concrete all in the blazing 35 degree heat.

All in all we are thrilled. Seriously give them a call and you won’t be disappointed. I’m even having a quote prepped for our deck after seeing what they did with a fence.

Thank you gentlemen.

Thank you terry for this very detailed and grand review of our work, our habits, and our best pricing, all noted so well in your review! It is appreciated for taking the time to do this wonderful review. We do hope you enjoyed the newly fenced yard (and custom built sandbox too!) and from us both, here's wishing you and family a great summer season!

stephaniejhord in Toronto
stephaniejhord in Toronto

Amazing quality and workmanship

Tom and Thomas were thorough in their quote, giving us multiple options for repairing our "porch of death" and providing quotes for repair vs replace. They worked efficiently and were incredibly respectful of our neighbors, leaving their work space cleaner than we've ever had it.
The final product is stunning, high quality craftsmanship and Thomas and Tom also added little details free of charge to make the entire project even more beautiful.
They were conscientious of our toddlers safety as well and went out of their way to return and build a gate for our porch that has given us a brand new spot to play and enjoy
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services...in fact, our neighbor liked their work so much they've already booked a fence job!

Thank you Stephanie for this glowing review of our service!

We really enjoyed our time with you guys and hope the new 'deck makeover' gives you tons of enjoyment, and have a great summer season!

Privacy fence

Thomas and Tom just finished building our backyard privacy fence and it looks awesome! They also built a beautiful arbour over the gate (matched to a photo I found on Pinterest) and installed two doggy windows. Very happy with the end result and we plan on using them again for future projects. You can tell they are knowledgeable from the first time you meet them. They also gave us the best price out of the three companies we talked to.

Thank you Sam for taking the time to do this great review! And for noting both the quality of our work AND the fact that we have the lowest price as well! We really enjoyed our time there serving you, and wish you and the dogs the very best with the new fenced yard and we hope you have a great summer!

Fiona in Toronto
Fiona in Toronto

Deck refinishing done beautifully!

Having done such a superb job on removing my old, rotting, front deck and re-building (and even re-designing) it, I had them return later to paint/refinish it.
Tom and Thomas are as wondeful with paint as they are with wood. They managed to match to a 'T' the new paint to the old paint that was on the house, which is no easy task. They also suggested that I paint the railings around the deck, not in the same colour as the rest of the deck, but in white. I was unsure about doing so, but I knew to trust them and their experience and of course, they were absolutely right.
I now have a beautiful front deck that complements my old home in both its style of architecture and in colour. What was once a source of almost embarassment now makes me so proud!
I have to add that they also did me a HUGE favour by permanently ridding me of a family of raccoons that had set up residence under my back deck. I had tried many times, in vain, to keep them out from under my house, but Tom and Thomas used a clever combination of wood and heavy bricks to finally do the trick. They undertook this extra, unrelated, task, quite earnestly and with such ingenuity that they succeeded where I had many times failed. What a relief to have those raccoons finally gone for good! What's more, Tom and Thomas would not allow themselves to be paid for doing this mission of mercy for me. They are true gentlemen.
I highly recommend Rawlinson Carpentry to anyone.

Fiona...thank you so much for this 2nd review of our services to yes, finish and coat the woodworking we did on your lovely old porch prior...! We enjoyed serving you so much we only found it a pleasure to help you doing any task we could to help. And I am so glad those critters are gone finally! I am also very happy to hear our 2nd phase of the job(coatings)is serving you well, and on behalf of us both, we wish you and family, the very best for a fabulous 2018!

Colin in Cambridge
Colin in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Decorative Privacy Screen

I hired Rawlinson Carpentry to build a privacy screen on the front porch of our home, They did a beautiful job that vastly exceeded our expectations and were a pleasure to work with. Thanks RC!

Thank you kindly Colin for this wonderful review of yes, a beautiful decorative addition to your porch! I wish you the very best and thank you again!

EVPW93 in Toronto
EVPW93 in Toronto

Deck Refacing, Garbage Box, Planter and Gate

Rawlinson Carpentry
416-522-2017
Toronto
M5P 2K6

Best experience (by far) that we have had with a contractor! We really can’t say enough good things about Thomas and Tom! They never failed to exceed our expectations and they are really great guys too. Every day they arrived on time, they worked hard and were meticulous when it came to cleaning up. In fact, they left the job site cleaner than when they arrived. Their workmanship was outstanding with every fine detail thought through and executed to perfection. They also did lots of little extras and fine touches because they felt it would make something look or function better, and these they did at no charge or at cost, because they cared about the final product and how it would work for us. At the time the project was finished we were already contemplating what else we could get them to work on. What a relief to find a contractor that is so knowledgeable and that you can rely on for outstanding workmanship and timely results. We would highly recommended Thomas and Tom! And, our dog loved them too!

EV & PW Thank you so much! It is so nice to see that our hard work and our good service is noticed. In today's tough times, we fight hard enough to 'convince strangers' that we are the right, best and only choice for fence and deck and fine carpentry all priced fairly. And this today makes us the exception. And when we do get these jobs, we do make darn sure that the client is rewarded by their decision, in service that frankly, many don't expect to be of such high calibre and that we are so proud to deliver to each and every job. So thank you for noticing and then taking the time to write such a glowing review we really do appreciate it. Enjoy it all and do please have a great balance of summer and a big hug to Abe the dog for us also! All Best, from I and the apprentice we thank you again. Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

More about Rawlinson Carpentry

Rawlinson Carpentry IS HOMESTARS HIGHEST RATED AND MOST TRUSTED Deck & Fence Co. Call us today at 416 522 2017 to book your free quote or now see us on the web at www. rawlinsoncarpentry. com!
Looking for Decks pros in Toronto?