Rawlinson Carpentry

Reviews for Rawlinson Carpentry

EVPW93 in Toronto
EVPW93 in Toronto

Deck Refacing, Garbage Box, Planter and Gate

Best experience (by far) that we have had with a contractor! We really can’t say enough good things about Thomas and Tom! They never failed to exceed our expectations and they are really great guys too. Every day they arrived on time, they worked hard and were meticulous when it came to cleaning up. In fact, they left the job site cleaner than when they arrived. Their workmanship was outstanding with every fine detail thought through and executed to perfection. They also did lots of little extras and fine touches because they felt it would make something look or function better, and these they did at no charge or at cost, because they cared about the final product and how it would work for us. At the time the project was finished we were already contemplating what else we could get them to work on. What a relief to find a contractor that is so knowledgeable and that you can rely on for outstanding workmanship and timely results. We would highly recommended Thomas and Tom! And, our dog loved them too!

EV & PW Thank you so much! It is so nice to see that our hard work and our good service is noticed. In today's tough times, we fight hard enough to 'convince strangers' that we are the right, best and only choice for fence and deck and fine carpentry all priced fairly. And this today makes us the exception. And when we do get these jobs, we do make darn sure that the client is rewarded by their decision, in service that frankly, many don't expect to be of such high calibre and that we are so proud to deliver to each and every job. So thank you for noticing and then taking the time to write such a glowing review we really do appreciate it. Enjoy it all and do please have a great balance of summer and a big hug to Abe the dog for us also! All Best, from I and the apprentice we thank you again. Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

CelsoB57 in Toronto
CelsoB57 in Toronto

Deck

We are very grateful to Rawlinson Carpentry for building our deck, having had 4 quotes prior to speaking with RC we were happy to find that they offered competitive pricing, but offered us higher quality service and materials. The knowledge RC staff was able to share with us was extremely valuable and left us feeling at ease with them working on such an important aspect of our home.

From the beginning RC was helpful, upfront, and paid great attention to detail. RC staff was polite and always extremely professional to work with.

The deck RC provided us was beautiful and matched the fences they had made for us wonderfully. Having had a few guests over in the recent weeks since the deck has been completed has warranted many compliments.

I will most definitely be referring Rawlinson Carpentry to any family/ friends in need of similar services! 10/10 all around!!

-Celso and Adelia

Celso and Adelia....Thank you so much guys for this terrific review! We are so glad that you are enjoying a 'yard transformed' with our woodworking! We both were also very pleased with how it all came together with the deck and new fences and we really enjoyed our time working with you to give you the space and design, to enjoy it all. On behalf of us both we wish you and family the very best for a fabulous summer and thank you again for taking the time to do this wonderful review, thank you again. Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

chris in North York
chris in North York

Porch -Over

The concrete porch at the front of my house had become a real eyesore and a safety hazard : gaping cracks, holes etc.
I wanted a wooden replacement and found Thomas on Homestars.
He and his apprentice Tom came out on the weekend and we discussed options. I was impressed with his knowledge, creative suggestions, lovely portfolio and honesty ( eg: pricing). Next, he sent a detailed estimate and I saw no reason to receive another as his
seemed very reasonable. So, I booked a date. The plan was to first remove/ haul the stairs and repair the rest. Next, would be built : a slightly larger porch over ( 7' X 9' 3" ) , enclosed stairs , skirting all around and a retaining "tie" to the road. When the project commenced, Thomas and Tom always arrived on time, worked tirelessly, kept the work site tidy and even threw in some "freebies" along the way ( eg : I love the pie-shaped ledge !).
Now I have a solid, level and stunning porch that has not only enhanced the curb appeal but is so inviting that I am on the hunt for some more outdoor furniture. ( I had never sat out there before...too "cold" /cramped). Thanks to Thomas and Tom for rejuvenating my home with this wonderful new addition. I hope to retain them both for some more work here in the Fall. ( P.S. My dog Sammi misses all of their attention !)
their "pats " as well ! )

Chris Thank You! For this wonderful and detailed review! I am so glad you are most happy with your porch transformation, and yes indeed we also did enjoy our time there and hope that the new 'warmer and now wood porch' offers you much more enjoyment from your lovely home, and thank you again for taking the time to do this timely and fabulous review of what we do. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again soon! On behalf of Tom and I, here's wishing you and family (and sam the dog) all the very best! Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

Fiona in Toronto
Fiona in Toronto

porch re-build and fence repair

I found Rawlinson Carpentry on Homestars and feel so lucky and very grateful to have done so. While Tom and Thomas encouraged me to seek further quotes, I was so impressed with their experience, professionalism, attention to detail and sympathy towards the architecture of my 116-year old home, I booked them as soon as I could and didn't call anyone else!
Tom and Thomas are reliable, communicate with you every step of the way, leave the place neat and tidy each day (who am I kidding; they left it TIDIER than when it was before they arrived!) and the quality of their work is outstanding. They also kindly offered to take a few items that I had cluttering up my back yard along with some of the work debris that they were taking to the dump. I had a rotting porch and a falling down fence and they left me with a gorgeous, strong, new porch that suits my house beautifully and fixed a back fence that now looks sturdy and new. They will be back soon to paint the porch too.
I have fallen back in love with my house thanks to the two amazing, very personable men and their highly-skilled, fairly-priced, work. Thank you, Rawlinson Carpentry! A++++++++

Fiona thank you so very much for this amazing review of what we do! We had a wonderful time serving you and working on your lovely beaches home and I am so glad you are so pleased with the final result, the low pricing, and the 'little extra's' we did to help out. It was all a real pleasure for us to do for you. On behalf of us both we wish you and your family, the very best for a great summer! Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

Awesome fence !!!

Tom and Thomas did an outstanding job at doing our fence for the backyard. They were very polite and always communicated with us and really explained everything thoroughly so there were no surprises. They always came in early and left the place clean and tidy. Their price was also very competitive and their work was fabulous!! They really went above and beyond with doing many other things and throwing in some extra freebies. Overall we would rate them A+++++ !!!
Thank you Tom and Thomas , it's really been a pleasure and you really created our backyard into a paradise and made all our neighbors jealous!!! I would highly recommend them to everyone! Thank you so much and definitely we will be in touch and calling you back for our next projects!!

Thank you T & P so much for this review !
It was a pleasure to serve you guys, we really enjoyed our time there, and were glad to be of even more service, with some added issues that came up along the way I was glad to help with those too. Experience and trust is what we offer and it shows on your home guys I am very proud to say. I hope you have a wonderful summer season and please do enjoy your new 'paradise' and best wishes again from us both. Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

Anna Maria in Toronto
Anna Maria in Toronto

1920's porch restoration

There are not many carpenters that would take on a job to repair, salvage and restore the design elements of my original 1920's front porch, but Tom was happy to oblige. I appreciated his integrity - he will follow through on EVERYTHING that he promises and then some! Please pick Tom if you want an absolute thorough, meticulous, detail oriented job. He takes unparalleled pride in his work and will go to great lengths to make sure you are happy. He communicates with you often to ensure that you are informed of what is happening with the work and gently reminds you when he is scheduled to arrive at your home. He leaves the job just as he arrives: clean and tidy. A++ Thank you!

AnnaMaria Thank you....Your review does describe us well, so it is much appreciated that you have taken the time to tell others about us. Especially these days with such poor work going on out there by others, and the lousy service given by so many. We pride ourselves on our great attention to detail, the cleanest workmanship, and good honest service. And we enjoy what we do and I am glad it shows! I do hope you enjoy the new porch with your great young family and dog, and we do hope that you will stay in touch. Have a wonderful summer and on behalf of R.C I thank you again! Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

Joan P.
Joan P.

Backyard fencing, gates and planters

Rawlinson Carpentry (RC) just completed my backyard project which included fence work, new gates and large planters. I couldn't be happier with the work that was done, with them as people, and with the price.
RC was one of a number of fence builders that I contacted in 2016 but it was too late in the season and everyone was booked. But I remembered my phone conversation with RC and being impressed by their friendliness and confidence in the quality of their work and pricing. So I naturally contacted them very early in 2017 along with 2 other companies for quotes. And it turned out my impression was accurate - their price was the lowest and they spent the most time with me thoroughly explaining the work in detail.
As the work was being completed, they were true gentlemen, respectful and professional. They kept me informed throughout the job and made sure I knew what was being done before it was done. Every day they left my backyard spotless. That is what I call pride in workmanship.

Joan, Thank you so much for this detailed and great review of 'the difference' we try to make at R.C.
And to hear also that we were the lowest priced quote is also fabulous to see that we work very hard and count on experience, to make sure our quotes are the most competitive in our fields, whilst making sure the customer is constantly informed, and treated with proper service, which is lacking today with so many others. Thank you so much and enjoy the yard makeover Joan and have a wonderful summer! Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

Rooftop deck

Had the pleasure of hiring Tom and Tom to do a rooftop deck project. Tom clearly communicated timelines, the design and construction of the deck and answered all of our questions in a timely fashion. Kept the worksite clean and was courteous throughout the project, and most importantly, very happy with the end-product so far.

Would definitely hire Tom again for future projects.

S & C: Thank you for this great review of our work to complete your fabulous roofdeck! As we were the company chosen to do Toronto's largest Roofdeck in Rosedale a few years back now, we know them 'better than anyone' and really enjoy the satisfaction of building such an 'above ground oasis' for you both to enjoy at your fabulous home In Riverdale! On behalf of us both, we do wish you both the very very best and hope that you stay in touch! Thank you again for taking the time to do this review! Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

Gina in Toronto
Gina in Toronto

Repaired upper deck, built a new lower deck and a shed

Tom and Tom did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend them for your deck project. I received 3 quotes and Tom's quote was very competitive but what stood out the most was Tom's knowledge and attention to details as evidenced by his detailed itemized quote. During the project Tom would keep us up to date on progress as well as consult with us when design changes were needed or requested. The arrived promptly and left a very clean site.
Again, I would highly recommend Rawlinson Carpentry!

Gina (and the boys) It was a True pleasure to serve you guys! And we were proud to 'turn your backyard around' and bring in some real workmanship and quality deck work with repairs to the old improperly built existing upper deck, the all new Sienna lower deck, and the custom shed built for less than what most kits are priced at! So that now you can enjoy the yard of your dreams for years to come. Please do tell all about us.....family, friends and co-workers and on behalf of Tom the apprentice and I, here's wishing you, Carvell and Zachary all the very best and please do stay in touch! Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

Ron in Mississauga
Ron in Mississauga

New Fence

The job was done on time and on buget, showed up every day at 7
Left site clean at end of day, very competent , knowledgble Rawlingson carpentry copmany.
I will be calling for next fence job on other side of my property..

Thanks again

Thank you Ron for this great review! We really enjoyed our time working at your lovely home, and enjoyed the unique styling's of your custom fence design and hope our clean work exceeded your expectations and that we were happy to save you a 'ton of dough' in the meantime!

On behalf of I and Tom the apprentice, please accept my very best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful summer season and please do stay in touch! Please keep our number on file if you ever need us again or to refer us: 416 522 2017 or now see us on the web at www.rawlinsoncarpentry.com.

More about Rawlinson Carpentry

Rawlinson Carpentry IS HOMESTARS HIGHEST RATED AND MOST TRUSTED Deck & Fence Co. Call us today at 416 522 2017 to book your free quote or now see us on the web at www. rawlinsoncarpentry. com!