Harding Heating & Air Conditioning

2210 Cavamore Road Ottawa ON K0A 1L0
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Ottawa  >  Harding Heating & Air Conditioning
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Harding Heating & Air Conditioning

Christine in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

#HARDINGHEATINGANDAIRCONDITIONING OTTAWA. The level of incompetence I have dealt with in the past four days is ASTOUNDING! And still, I have no heat!
I was told an hour and a half ago that someone would call me - I can't say I'm surprised that no one has as that has been consistent with the service I've been receiving. I'm cold and I'm angry!

Job Price

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the miscommunication with our arrival time. We were trying to work with your schedule as I understand your landlord and yourself weren't able to be available throughout the day. I know we were able to send our tech back later that same evening and have him restore heat at your home. Please feel free to contact us or have your landlord contact us, if you have any other questions or concerns.

Homeowner in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

All my energy has been directed to a resolution. So rather than retype it here I invite you to visit:

And read the reviews. If you scour the online reviews you should expect a polite response crafted to hold the customer responsible for any wrongdoing. I like to call that deflection and "un-customer service", and some have gotten good at it. Do your research. Youtube is a good resource to doing things yourself.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Because Harding was the company that installed our Amana furnace when our house was built, we felt it was best to give them a call when it wouldn’t start up. However, before calling, we noticed that Harding had posted a troubleshooting sheet on our furnace (which was actually quite helpful). We ran through all the items on the troubleshoot list and still did not have any luck starting up the furnace. Since we weren't up for taking time off work, we decided to take our chances with the afterhours service which costs significantly more than their regular hours. The diagnostic was a flat rate of $160 + tax = $180.80 (normally its $79 + tax). The cost of labour was $125 + tax = $141.25. As a result, in total we paid $322.05. We did not have to pay for parts as this was covered under our 5-year parts warranty with Amana. I was told by the technician that the part they replaced, the control board, would have brought our total bill up into the $500s if it had not been for the warranty. For technical home repairs it’s always best to leave it to the professionals who have the right tools and skills. As per the costs, yea sometimes you feel gouged but everyone has to make a living. However, I felt that the total cost to repair our furnace was justifiable as we knew the diagnostic cost upfront and the tech told me what the cost of labour would be when he discovered the issue.

Job Price

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are always up front with our costs. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Emily from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We originally called Harding because they installed our heating and air conditioning when our home was built. We were having issues with our furnace. They came promptly and we decided to sign up for their Gold club membership as that made the most sense for the service and potential parts we would need over the next year. It didn't require a lot of work at this time but will in the future.

As summer has begun we have found that our air conditioner is running continuously and the air just doesn't feel as cold as it used to. We caled Harding and decide to upgrade to the Gold combo membership. We did have some difficulty/descrepency at first with interpretation of what the combo entailed. However this was quickly rectified by Service Manager Kristina. We appreciated the fast response and despite the fact that we have had to wait a few days for the part and it has been quite hot, that is not really in their control. They have kept in contact with us and have made the over all experience a good one. I placed 30$ as the cost because our work was covered by the combo.

The part is getting installed tomorrow will update with progress if needed.

Review has 1 previous version
Job Price

I do apologize for the confusion. Our goal is to always to work with our customers and provide the best customer service. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Christina

Mike in Stittsville
11 reviews Ottawa, ON

Call after my AC wouldn't send any cool air through... Guy comes, tells me he can't fix it, call back on Monday and then hands me a bill for $180 for 15 minutes and instructions to call back.

Job Price

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear we didn’t have the part that was needed. We try to stock everything we can.
I understand you have had the work completed by another contractor. Let us know if you there is anything else we could assist you with.

Furnace broke down a couple of days ago. Called Harding Emergency After Hours Service and they had a technician out to my home about 3 hours later. Turns out that the motor was defective and needed to be replaced. They did not have that particular motor in stock so it would a few days before the furnace could be fixed. I called a day later and the receptionist stated that they could not have the part ordered and installed until Easter Monday (five days later). I said that this was not satisfactory as I could not go without a furnace for a week - it is cold still! I was put through to Josh at Harding who informed me that the part would be delivered and installed on my furnace the next day (and it was)! Very good service by Harding - prompt and efficient and they delivered as promised!

JJC from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

like the others on here, I felt like I was gouged huge for my furnace repair - $1200 to replace an 8 year old furnace where the fan failed and then there was a leak in the heat exchanger. The heat exchanger was covered under warranty but the labour wasn't. So we basically paid about $800 for a total of one hour of labour to install the fan and heat exchanger. Our AC has now gone and I won't be calling Harding. I did have another tech research the AC unit and was told it was only a 5 year warranty, but harding never registered the unit otherwise it would have been covered under a 10 year warranty. I am sure the same thing happened with our furnace.

Job Price

We understand it can be frustrating for anyone having a heat exchanger be defective. The furnace fan would have only had a 5 year manufacturer warranty. The heat exchanger would still be under warranty. The labor costs also do include the shipping, handling and processing costs from the manufacturer as well as the cost to send our tech out.
We cannot register warranties as we are not provided homeowner information from the builders. There is a registration card for the furnace and air conditioner in the manuals that are left at the home. I’m unsure which equipment you have to confirm what the warranties would be and if the 10 year warranty would be applicable.
Builders, Tarion and Harding always encourage homeowners to register their equipment and complete annual cleanings to upkeep warranty and prevent possible breakdowns.

Lee from Gloucester
1 review Gloucester, ON

We had the same experience as Ridha in Nepean. Harding red-tagged my elderly mother's furnace and charged $730 labour to replace the heat exchanger. For two hours work that worked out to $365 per hour!! The service manager won't return my calls so I'm sending this complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I have nothing but contempt for companies that prey on senior citizens.

Job Price

We advised the homeowner of the price before the work was completed. The homeowner did agree to the price before the part was ever ordered. The price does include the labor, shipping costs and administration charges. The heat exchanger needed to be replaced as it was leaking carbon monoxide. We are not sure who you may have left a message with, but you can contact our Service Manager, Christina at [email protected]

Ridha from Nepean
1 review Nepean, ON

I was charged 730$ under diagnostic on a pink sheet for a heating exchange replacement part that was under warranty , the technician K. showed up for 60mn time ,if I knew that trade can make such huge fortune I would not have spent extra years in graduate studies at the University. I am thinking of complaining after knowing that they have also overcharged few other people even in this forum . Now they want to change the pipe of venting with 650$ the part and labor , I seek help anyone with a clue , a venting pipe including work 650$ coz they had to cut it to replace the heating exchanger which had a tiny part of the seal removed this occurred on July 29th, 2013. They scared me and put the red tag telling me that Enbridge would disconnect me. I heard many of such stories until I was a victim of Harding now , can someone advise me what to do . I am new in Canada.

Job Price

We advised the homeowner of the price before the work was completed. He did agree to the price. The heat exchanger needed to be replaced as it was leaking carbon monoxide. We have a responsibility to report faulty heat exchangers to Enbridge. It’s for everyone’s safety. TSSA mandates us to advise the gas supplier as well. The venting had to be cut to install the heat exchanger. In 2008, TSSA changed the code and requirements for venting. We are required to change the venting to conform with the new codes. The homeowner advised that he had found a cheaper contractor to completed the work and would no longer require our services.

C. Stumpf in Nepean
6 reviews NEPEAN, ON

Effective and efficient service. Annual inspection performed by friendly, courteous staff who always cleaned workspace upon completion. Annual maintenance contract was used only once - quick response and motor replacement w/o question or hesitation.

More about Harding Heating & Air Conditioning