HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Toronto  >  Empire Van Lines/Empire Moving and Storage/Magna

Reviews for Empire Van Lines/Empire Moving and Storage/Magna

Olivia in Toronto
Olivia in Toronto
1 review SCARBOROUGH, ON

Moving Services

The pricing the company provided via email was nowhere near what they ended up billing me for. All of a sudden there was a transportation surcharge, a fuel surcharge or 10% and lets not forget the taxes now. The two movers took about an hour and a half worth of breaks (between standing and smoking and stopping off at 7-Eleven on the way to the storage facility). To make matters worse, they damaged the majority of my large furniture, I thank the Lord all my boxes were packed so well and my boxed items were protected). Unfortunately, they were supposed to bring wardrobe boxes, furniture pads, etc..., which they didn't use or bring with them anyway. The corporation number this company belongs to another company that has been inactive for well over 20 years now. Stay as far away from the users as possible.

Daniela G. in North york
Daniela G. in North york
2 reviews North York, ON

moving company

Hello,

I am hoping this reaches anyone who is thinking of using this moving company – otherwise known as Empire Moving and Storage, or Empire Van Lines or Magna Moving.

They are crooks – EXTREMELY slow (read 7 hours to move a 1 bedroom apartment), have hidden costs which they wont tell you about until they arrive at your doorstep leaving you with no choice but to use them (10% fuel charge, 5% visa charge, 1 hour moving charge) and they will REFUSE to unload the van until they take a copy of your visa and signature. YES, they held my goods ransom and forced me to give them my visa. To top this all off, they are rude, broke the leg of my table and the ‘boss’ refused to speak with us!

I am taking the time to write this so that hopefully nobody else will be subject to this crime. I hope this site helps you find a ‘star’ quality mover.