Phillips Moving & Storage

Reviews for Phillips Moving & Storage

Aoife in Toronto
Aoife in Toronto

BEWARE Worst Movers Ever

It started with no communication as to what time the truck would arrive. Then sent a truck not big enough for the load, after salesperson had seen all for quote. The movers asked me to pick them up lunch and drinks when not hiding. They sent the Inside Salesperson alone the next day for the rest of the load. He needed to use my cellphone to call for help.
Only time the coordinator did communicate was when she demanded money while I was driving across country days late.
My baby grand piano arrived in pieces as did a number of boxes. Was told the second load would arrive sometime. They denied claim for piano because I did not have "uncrating" which was never offered or discussed at anytime. Shame on me for not knowing by osmosis that the huge cost to handle piano did not cover
everything.
Horrible company from a to z.

Aoife, i am very sorry that we let you down. I totally understand if you don't want to put anymore time into this but if you do, I can be reached directly at [email protected]

Jeff in Bath
Jeff in Bath
1 review Odessa, ON

Newmarket to Bath

A great overall experience with this moving company. Everything I was told was executed perfectly, from the time they showed up to load, to the time they showed up to unload. The floors and furniture were properly protected, and nothing was damaged. Thomas, Tony and John (I hope I got the names right) made the move enjoyable, and were very friendly and efficient. 5 stars!!!

Jeff, thanks so much for the review. We appreciate it and we will share with your crew (yes, you go their names right!). All the best.

Allan in Cranbrook
Allan in Cranbrook
1 review Red Deer, AB

Great move

This was one of the most professional moves cross country I have ever had ( I have had 3). Phillips went above and beyond my expectations. The guys they had handling the move in Toronto and Red Deer AB were professional, courteous and great to deal with. I have nothing but praise to offer Phillips , and I made my feeling know to the owner.
Thanks guys yuo are awesome

Allan

Thanks Allan. We appreciate you taking the time to write this. All the best out west!

Madame O
Madame O

Flexible & Reliable ... What more can you ask for?

I moved from Fredericton to Toronto and needed to store my things during renovation of my new Toronto home. Phillips was recommended to me by my mover in NB. I found Peter to be very responsive and empathetic when I needed to reschedule the move three times! Importantly Peter was proactive in making sure everything was scheduled correctly. The team showed up ahead of schedule (when does that ever happen?!) with an extra guy (crazy?!) and worked right through to the end. U like other companies I have worked with, this group of guys actually seemed to I,e each other and took pride in their work. I work in the area of Customer Experience and so my recommendation doesn't come lightly. Would I recommend this company to my closest friends and family? Oh yes!

Unreliable

I booked service 3 weeks before moving of one bedroom apt. Estimate less than 2000. First on the moving day they are 1hr late. After moving they charged me $ 2880. Strongly unrecommended.

1 review Central Okanagan, BC

Movind Company

We were moving provinces under the gun to get my girls into a new schools on time. Pete and his boys are awesome!! No need to worry if these guys are fly by night. Complete pros, they know what they're doing. Moving is stressful enough, and these guys take some of that stress off of you. Worth every cent. Thanks again!

Thank you for the review. We understand that sometimes there is no minute like the last minute. Glad we could help get you and your family relocated.

Veronica from Santa Rosa
Veronica from Santa Rosa

Long distance move

I can't say enough good things about Phillips Moving & Storage and North American Van Lines. From the initial quotation all the way through to delivery and dealing with a small insurance claim, I have been very impressed by the level of service I received.

Laura, Katy and Maureen in the office were super helpful with my quotation and with answering any pre-move questions I had (this was a move from Toronto to the USA so it was a bit more complex than what I was used to). I opted for the full packing service (I highly recommend you get this!!! Three polite friendly men packed my whole one bedroom apartment in 6 hours) with the highest level of insurance (0 deductible), and even with this wonderful level of service and coverage, the Phillips quote was still over $1000 less than the other quote I received from a competitor!

I had a brain fart occur and left my passport in a dresser which I needed for f light the next day and the owner of the firm, Peter, saved the day by coming in at 6 AM to help me get it from the warehouse!!! Thank you so much again for that - I am so grateful.

Everything arrived on time (all my furniture and belongings were cheerily unloaded and delivered, in the rain no less, by ONE man!) and there were a few minor things damaged or soiled, but I put through a claim on the insurance and this was dealt with very promptly and efficiently by North American. Thank you so much for a great job, Phillips and North American!!! A+++

Veronica, we were so glad you were able to make your flight! Thanks for the kind words and all the best in California.

Andrea from Toronto
Andrea from Toronto

Moving within Toronto

In August 2014, we hired Phillips Moving and Storage to help us move from a 2 bedroom house to our new 3 bedroom home in Toronto. After meeting and receiving quotes from 3 different moving companies, we decided to go with Phillips because of their reasonable rates and excellent service. It was our initial meeting with Carmine, who came to make an assessment of the number of movers and time required to complete our move, that helped seal the deal for us. He was extremely professional, explained his assessment to us clearly and followed up promptly with a thorough quote the same day. He also gave us some tips on how we could make the move faster (e.g. labeling all the boxes clearly, bringing all the boxes downstairs, packing up our artwork in advance if we could, etc.) which we really appreciated. We received a courtesy call the day before the move to confirm timing for the following day. The moving crew we had (Hugo, Shawn and Calvin) arrived on time, and went right to work. They worked quickly and efficiently, and were both professional and friendly. They even laid out a platform directly from our front entrance to the truck side door, which allowed them to use a dolly and avoid walking up and down the front steps. They wrapped up all our furniture with care, and were able to maneuver the large items out of our tight doorway without having to take the hinges off the door! They also wrapped up our TV with blankets rather than making us pay for a TV box (saving us a bit of cash as well). Unlike other moving crews we have used before, they did not take any smoke breaks throughout the day. The move into the new house was very fast, and the crew completed the job faster than our original quote had stated (7 hours instead of 9 - that includes travel time), which saved us a few hundred dollars in the end. They even helped my husband re-assemble our bed frame, which made getting settled into the new house so much easier. We were really pleased with the service we received from start to finish. They left absolutely no marks on any of the walls or floors. Our furniture was moved in perfect condition. Highly recommend the crew we had!

Costin Manu from Markham
Costin Manu from Markham
1 review ,

Two Great Moves!

Assisted Review

Mr. Carmine Posillipo has been my rep for Phillips Moving twice in 12 months as my wife and I moved a whole 2 + bedroom large apartment from Richmond Hill, Ontario to Gloucester, Massachusetts in the USA.
Without him, this move would have been very difficult for us, but he made everything so easy and took care of every detail and explained everything in advance and answered all our questions.
The move was seamless!

Only nine months later, we had to return to Ontario immediately for family reasons and again I called Carmine Posillipo.
He made it easy for us again and we were reassured that everything will go smoothly again and it relieved a lot of stress during this difficult time for us.

Again, the move to Markham, Ontario was seamless and without any issues and I am so very grateful to Carmine for always being there and answering all our questions and concerns and advising us as to what is better for us for this move and his vast experience helped us avoid any problems or delays and we always knew what was going on, every step of the way. He takes very good care of his clients!

We will always be extremely grateful to Carmine for his help, dedication and professionalism and I can't thank him enough. We will always use him for any future moves we might be contemplating.

Catherine from Saint John
Catherine from Saint John
1 review Saint John, NB

Move to Saint John

Assisted Review

Thanks to the whole team at Phillips for moving us out to Saint John. The crews at both ends were very experienced and professional. Moving is stressful but you guys made it easy. Thanks so much!!

More about Phillips Moving & Storage

Phillips Moving & Storage, the Toronto agent for North American Moving Services, is celebrating 90 years of service. Whether you are moving across town, across Canada, across the border or across the world. . . We'll Get You There!