MIdway Home Improvement

HomeStars  >  Roofing in Pickering  >  MIdway Home Improvement

Reviews for MIdway Home Improvement

eaudesnob in Pickering
23 reviews Pickering, ON

I saw this company do a roof on the next street last September - I liked their work so I got a quote from Mike then - in April 2017 I decided to proceed - Mike wrote a very thorough quote covering the scope of work. He also made suggestions such as adding a second vent over the kitchen for better venting of that small roof. Also using diamondeck over the entire roof to qualify for a 20 years non prorated warranty instead of 10 years and an upgraded wind warranty to 130 mph . When I wanted Maximum vents despite his preference for ridge venting he was amicable about the change.

Overall I am quite happy with the workmanship done by Dan the foreman and his 5 member crew. They all seemed to know their jobs and worked independently without needing direction. The crew was mature and experienced - not a bunch of learners. They did a good job on cleanup and respected my and my neighbors property. I would hire them again without hesitation.

When they were two bundles short they were back the next morning at 8:30 am (as promised ) to finish with the missing material.

This was not the cheapest quote - I had 2 for less and 1 for more.
But it was the most thorough and customer friendly I think.

Sue P from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

This company was recommended to me. I was worried about the one so-so review. They were very competitive, timely, did a great time and a good cleanup. My roof is steep with a couple of catwalks so not that simple. I also had some rotting. Great job! I will definitely get them to do my garage roof (detached).

Bryan from Ajax
1 review Ajax, ON

Very good pre-service. Overall the roofing job appears to be a quality job, time will tell. Had a few issues with the job. Very poor communication. Did not call to confirm second date after rain delay. Had the upper roof deck replaced as part of the job. Wanted to take pictures of the upper attic due to a very poor insulation job many years ago. Because they did not confirm I went to work. Job foreman did take some pictures and said that he would send them to me. After many weeks of asking for the pictures, I gave up. Problems with the job. 1) Forgot to reinstall the bathroom vent. 2)Satellite dish was not reinstalled correctly, nailed down. 3) Shingles overlapped the gutters and had to be trimmed back. 4) Down spout for upper roof was not reattached correctly. 5) Gutters had a lot of junk in them, nails, wood splinter and plastic. 6) Many nails left on the driveway. 7) One or more of the baffles added was upside down. On the plus side, Mike did fix all of the problems and did a little more than he needed to BUT it took many follow-up phone calls to get the work finished. As part of the contract they did add insulation and baffles to the upper roof. I did notice, what I thought was a large amount of shingle grit in the gutters from the new roof. Will have to remove some of the rain gutters in the spring to flush all of the crap out. Price was competitive. The final number looks high but it included new deck on the upper roof($1500.00). Would cautiously recommend them. Be ready for delays in getting after job repairs remedied and poor communication.

Pam from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Midway Roofing was an excellent Company to deal with. They are very professional and have a great crew. We obtained 3 quotes and Midway's price was very fair. Mike has been a pleasure to deal. We had an issue with our siding coming loose which had nothing to do with the roof and Mike came out and fixed it in a snow storm at no cost.

Nora in West Hill, Scar.
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

After researching several companies incl. BBB and Home Stars, I ended up with three quotes from reputable companies. Midway was not only the most competitive, but the most thorough and professional. The detail in Glenn's quote was impressive and reassuring in that the package also included jobs done in my community, with the address, type and colour of shingle. They were very helpful in providing me with colour samples of shingles, shutters and eavestroughs - which took some co-ordination! I appreciated the fact that they could take care of everything, including replacement of my eavestrough.
The new shingles on my roof (incl. 3 new pieces of plywood) were done on time and to perfection. Reno also did a wonderful job on the eavestrough. In both cases, the cleanup was meticulous.
This company was great to deal with, trustworthy regarding their products, the quality of their job and costs involved - no surprises in the end. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Will in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Midway's price was very competitive and Glen answered all my questions. The installation was completed on time and the cleanup was immaculate. When a small leak occurred Mike came over next day and fixed the flashing that had pulled away from the chimney during a massive storm. I am very satisfied with their work.

Jane in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Midway did an excellent job of Installing Certainteed Landmark Pro shingles April 25th 2012 - the roof looks great.
There was one small issue with one eavestrough not meeting up with the other part of the sidesplit roof partly because there had previously been 2 layers of shingles. Mike was quick to remedy this.
Because Randy was very informative, it was easy to decide which shingle I wanted to go with. If I need another roof in my lifetime I will certainly call them again.

ria louis in Scarborough
4 reviews SCARBOROUGH, ON

We had a new roof installed by Midway roofing and were very happy with this company. All our questions were answered during our initial appointment, and the work was done in good time. We were also impressed with the clean-up. We would certainly recommend this company.

Jason in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

In May 2008, I contracted Midway Home Improvements to replace the shingles on my roof in Pickering. At that time, I received quotes from 5 roofing company's. No one could compare to the professional quote provided by Midway. I still have the booklet that they provided, which explained all of my options and every tiny detail that their service would provide. This really put me at ease, as a few companies looked at the house and threw me a number without any specifics.

Approximately 3 months after the job was complete, I noticed a problem where my flashing met the shingles. I called Midway and someone attended my home the next day to address the problem. Based on my experience with Midway, I would highly recommend them. Their prices were fair, their staff were professional and after 3 years my roof shingles are holding up nicely.

Ian in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Midway did our roof during the summer of 2009. Work was completed on time. Had a minor leak in summer 2010, Mike showed up the next day, and repaired a nail hole in a valley on my roof. He had his painters come and repair the water damage promptly and free of charge. It was great to see Midway take action and accountability so quickly.