Riteway Moving

Jen in Vero Beach
Jen in Vero Beach
1 review Airdrie, AB

International move

Absolutely worst experience by far of my life! First issue was I was quoted in CDN as I was in Canada when I arranged the move- I was then told no it was USD. I was told several times my things were or are shipped which where all untrue! Sam never returned emails or phone calls. I had no idea where my things were, no one could ever tell me. Worst customer service. Was told my things would be 2 weeks. They showed up 2 months later. Resulting in a huge car rental bill- in which I was refunded only $200- a very small dent. When my things arrived (after being contracted out?!) they only sent one person who could not handle lifting my heavy equipment himself so we had to help and he damaged our wall! Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with- do yourself a favour do NOT use this company for ANY move. They can not handle it.

Richard Lake in Niagara Falls
Richard Lake in Niagara Falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

2 bed room apt move from AB to ON

Little company but very honest, reliable and affordable service I could find in Calgary. No hidden charges like the competition. Did not robbed or damaged anything. Dont be scared, they are very good.

Debby from Calgary
Debby from Calgary

Move

The worst move experience ever. Cost $1300.00 to move only half a house because that is all the truck would hold. (I don't have a large house) Took seven hours even though I brought every box and small item to the front door and also unloaded half the truck. Movers were slow, took two hours to get from one house to the other, had no moving experience (we had to tell them how to get some pieces in and out of the house), damage to furniture and major damage to walls in new home. Their response " my furniture was too big" Admin was no help...they processed charge without my authorization
With so many choices, do yourself a favor and keep looking unless you like spending a lot of money for horrific service. ps....I certainly wasn't going to let them go back for the rest of our belongings so we had to finish the move ourselves. A very stressful and upsetting day

Vimmi from Calgary
Vimmi from Calgary

Movers

Terrible experience. Three movers showed up in the morning (including the owner of the company) according to prior arrangements made with them. After inspecting our stuff that very morning, they claimed that they would not be able to move it since it is "too much stuff" - the house in question being a 3 bedroom bungalow - how much stuff could we had?

All three came in wholly unprepared for the job. We had requested two trucks and they came with only one and that too one only fit for a studio apartment (what were they thinking of when we told them we live in a suburb). Since we had made arrangements to give the possession of the house to the new owners by noon, we had to literally beg the three to help move our stuff.

This then resulted in an even worse attitude where they pretty much acted like they were doing us a favor by moving our stuff (we paid them $1500 for this "favor"). All in all it was a complete nightmare - they had no idea how to move actually and pretty much the entire thing was in shambles. The ordeal costed us $1500 and 6 hours.

Absolutely terrible service. Not only were they incredibly unprofessional and rude, they also weren't exactly appropriate (one of them actually kept asking us the value of just about every item we have - I'm sorry, but why do you care?). I'm appalled that they are still in business. I have even gone to the extent of complaining to the better business bureau because of how terrible our experience was with these guys. I'd give them a negative rating if I could. Complete waste of $1500. Would rather flush it down the toilet than do business with these guys.

Update: No, actually we made it very clear that we had a three bedroom house that needed to be moved. Which 3 bedroom house do you think only has 3 mattresses and a couch? In fact, we had even asked you to have a look at our stuff beforehand and then make the necessary arrangements. You guys refused saying "you have a handle on things". I wouldn't have thought twice before paying you $20 to drive down here instead of getting this sticker shock and abrasive attitude at the end.

Additionally, no one claimed it was a small job. It is a house in a suburb that needs to be moved - that pretty much says what it is and like I said, you were invited to clearly see the job at hand but you refused. We tried our best to communicate this all to you but you showed up expecting three mattresses and one couch so sorry to disappoint you. And yes, that move took 8.5 hours. Tells you how much of an ordeal it really was.

At time of booking it was mentioned that there will be three sets of mattresses and a couch. On move date, we sent 2 movers with a 24 feet truck and there was full three bedroom house to move. Then you mentioned to the movers that current house needs to be vacated by noon, which was not even mentioned at time to booking. We sent an additional mover with another 26 feet truck. Total move took 8.5 hours with 45 min of waiting at new house for possession. So three movers did loaded/unloaded 2 five ton trucks. If 2 trucks are used for a move, it is not a small job. Third mover was added at 11:30AM

elisa white from Airdrie
elisa white from Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

moving company

I recently hired Riteway Moving for a massive undertaking--3900 sq ft of house and a garage-size shed full of furniture and garden equipment. The 4 men who arrived promptly at 10am attacked the job with incredible energy and infinite care for my many valuables. Aside from a short break to grab lunch, these men were workhorses who packed both their truck and a Big Steel Box like NASA engineers to maximize the space in both units. To say I was pleased would be an understatement. The move took 1.5 days to clean out my acreage and put everything into storage. I will recommend this fine company to everyone needing a first-class moving company.

Tina from Calgary
Tina from Calgary

Office and Sales Suite Move

We have used Riteway moving on numerous occasions for our office and display suite. They have always been extremely friendly, organized, cautious, yet efficient in their work. I would highly recommend Riteway and we will be hiring them again.

kelty  from Calgary
kelty from Calgary
1 review ,

Residential move

I booked within a short amount of notice. They where able to accommodate me. On the day of the move the 2 men showed up early, worked hard the entire 4 hours that was required to move my items, and where very quiet during the entire time. They moved my items with respect and curtsey to not bump/scratch the walls or my items. I am completely satified with the service and profressionalism that they provided me and would recommend this company to my family and friends.

More about Riteway Moving

Moving can be a Stressful situation, which is why you need an experienced residential moving company. Hiring a residential moving company like Riteway is the most efficient option, for any kind of residential move.