Downtown Construction And Excavation

General Contractors
Toronto ON M1L 2E8
HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Scarbough  >  Downtown Construction And Excavation

Reviews for Downtown Construction And Excavation

Glenda from Toronto in North York
Glenda from Toronto in North York

They Came from The Heavens to Rescue Me

I bought an investment property and originally ended up with a contractor from Hell. All of the work that was originally done had to be demolished and redone.

I was at my wits end because most of the work that was done was hidden behind the walls (ex. major beams were cut and nothing was put in place to support the weight of the house. Electrical and Plumbing were below standard (it would have never passed inspection). This could have been a major catastrophe.

I had several quotes to fix the job. Chris & Ted came, at the very beginning even before they got the job they, put supports in place before something collapsed, they then gave me a quote and explained everything exactly and helped me move forward.

The price was beyond fair and their workmanship was impeccable. All of their trades that they hired were licensed and always showed up. If something did not work out exactly as the plans were drawn, their key eye always came up with a solution that worked.

My property is now finished, fully renovated and rented out. I want to thank Chris & Ted from Downtown Construction & Excavation, they turned my nightmare into my dream.

Glenda from Toronto

Marina in Toronto
Marina in Toronto

basement underpinning and framing

Chris and Ted left me with a leaking basement, poor framing and a lot of headaches. No-one wanted to touch the house after they saw the work these guys had done. There were examples of short cuts everywhere and it was a nightmare trying to get them to come back to speak with the Architect and City Building inspector. In the end they stopped returning my calls completely. Never finished the job. Never refunded anything on what ended up being an expensive mistake!
I heard from another contractor that they have done this many times before. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

Jameson
Jameson

Framing and Drywall

The contractor was hired for a large commercial job. Unfortunately they could not figure out part of the job and ended up walking away from the entire thing. The work they did do is sub par. They wasted a great deal of my time and money.