HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Comfortable Home - Heating, Furnaces & Air Conditioning

Reviews for Comfortable Home - Heating, Furnaces & Air Conditioning

Ian
Ian

Replace 2 furnaces

We have two furnaces in our 46-year old home, one still original and the 'newer' one was over 20 years old. Just before winter set in, we decided that it was time to replace one or both as we had Atco come in to inspect them and they shut down the oldest one.

A friend referred me to Comfortable Home Systems, a St. Albert company that does residential and commercial heating and air conditioning. The owner came over to provide an estimate promptly. I was reassured by his professionalism and knowledge. Like most people, we do not have an unlimited budget and Comfortable Home Systems was willing to work with me to select the best furnaces(s) for our needs - we didn't get the cheapest models available, but we didn't see the need to go for the top of the line either.

About one week later, three Comfortable Home Systems employees arrived at our house and in one busy day our two old furnaces were removed and two new furnaces were installed in our house and heating the place perfectly.

I appreciated that the owner came back on a Friday afternoon a couple days after the install to explain the system to me in detail; we talked about filter change frequencies, and options for summer/winter fan settings.

Robert in Edmonton
Robert in Edmonton

Unrealiable service call backs

Manny first came on Sept 13 and advised what was wrong. Said he would return Sept 19. Forgot to book the appointment with Barb and never showed up. Then said he would return Sept 26 at 8:00 - showed up around 10:20 because his worker never showed. After replacing the parts which were under warranty, he was supposed to redo the gas line to the furnace as it did not meet his standard. The quote was for all the work. He did not do the gas line work as it would take too much time yet still charged me $600 for the first furnace. Needed another appointment to do the same work on the second furnace - still has not called me back - been 4 weeks now. Still waiting. Won't call them again and definitely won't recommend them.

Really, I do get busy and you were never charged for work that wasn't done, I cleaned up the mess your previous installer made. Some side job special as you were to cheap to hire a proffessional. I was doing you a big favour you had over $2000 dollars worth of warranty work done I never had to do. Well now you can call someone else.

1 review La Corey, AB

New furnace install and additional new duct work

Very very pleased with the job done by Comfortable Home Systems. Our new furnace works great, and he did a spectacular job on installing new duct runs into an addition in our home. Service was great, and he was a pleasure to deal with. Couldn't be happier, and I would definitely recommend them to others.

2 reviews St. Albert, AB

Furnace and air conditioner installation

I would not recommend this company, but if you do hire them I strongly suggest:
Get a quote / contract in writing. Don’t trust his word. We made that mistake.
Ensure they will have a journeyperson on site during the project. Retain a hold back amount until the inspections have been fully approved and your equipment is in proper working order.

The owner is not allow to draw permits in St Albert, since our deficiencies were never corrected.
The cost to us out of pocket to correct their deficiencies with
respect to the poor work was $3.600.

You seriously need help, you got more from me then we agreed on,. I have pulled many permits since your job. It's is sad that you volunteer for RCMP. BBB through your complaint out.

2 reviews St. Albert, AB

Installation of two furnances and air conditioner

The inspections were to be completed by the City of St. Albert, however these were never scheduled by the company. We had to set our own appointments. Then we were notified by the City that the building permits which were to be picked up before work started, were never obtained by Comfortable Home Systems. We had to reschedule the City Inspections several times until the company pulled the proper permits.

Upon inspection the City of St Albert notified us of several deficiencies in the installation which needed to be corrected before we could continue with construction. We set up an appointment with the company to have these deficiencies corrected. On the appointment day May 9th, 2016 I took off a work day to be home.

Mr. Leonard entered the house, went downstairs with me spent less than a minute surveying the furnace room, “yelled out I’m not playing these games”, aggressively and rudely informed me that he would not fix any of the deficiencies. Since that day he and his company, Comfortable Home Systems, refuses to return calls, text messages or emails.

I paid for the entire installation. I will now have to hire another contractor to come and repair the noted deficiencies and problems, which of course will cost me extra.

Here is the list of uncorrected deficiencies:
-The furnace was installed too close to the hot water tank which does not allow proper access to the hot water tank for servicing
-The air intake to one of the furnaces was improperly installed causing cold air to flow directly into the furnace which causes it to constantly run. Air is not running through a filter system.
-The humidifier was improperly installed, so we have water constantly running even when the furnace is not working. The humidifier has to be shut off since it doesn’t function properly.
-There were vents that needed to be capped. This was also never done.

Other problems we encountered:
-The furnace installation was so poorly thought out that servicing in the future will be difficult.
-We paid for a modulating furnace but did not receive the proper thermostat to control it.
-We had a new air conditioner installed, which was not even turned on. In fact we don’t yet even know if it works yet.
-There were several gaping holes left in the walls from installation errors which were never repaired and they charged extra for their mistakes.
-When the workers left our house they didn’t even take the time to clean up after themselves.

If you do hire them I strongly suggest:
Get a quote / contract in writing. Don’t trust his word. I made that mistake.
Ensure you retain a hold back amount until the inspections have been fully approved.

Pam from Morinville
Pam from Morinville
1 review Morinville, AB

new gas furnace

We moved into the area, knew no one. We needed a new furnace so we looked for a company by way of the yellow pages. His ad was more impressive than others. We were super happy with what he did for us. They were professional, punctual and took time to answer all of my questions. They cleaned up well too. Just his past fall I had them install central air. It was off season so I got a good price. The job took longer than expected but the quote stayed the same.

Ken from Edmonton
Ken from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

new gas furnace

I have used Comfortable Home Systems for several of my jobs. Working with them went well, so I had them come install a new furnace in my own home. I was happy with their work. They even took an extra step by cleaning up the chimney, it had gone rusty, they cleaned and painted it. Looks much better.

Andy from Saint Albert
Andy from Saint Albert
1 review Saint Albert, AB

annual service on furnace

I have been using this company for years now. Around 10 years ago they installed a new furnace for me. Each year I have them come in for the annual maintenance. Most often it is a different person each time. Like anything else some are better than others. They do leave the area clean. They are prompt when you call them.

Sylvia from St. Albert
Sylvia from St. Albert
1 review St. Albert, AB

new gas furnace and water heater

I did some research and decided on this company because they offered a good price. They, as it turns out do excellent work. If you have a concern they contact you immediately and come as soon as possible to fix the issue. I was so happy with their cost and service, I had them install the same in my two daughters homes too. I had them repair my gas fireplace as well.

Gerald Widlake from Saint Albert
Gerald Widlake from Saint Albert
1 review Saint Albert, AB

Installation of new multi-zone furnace

I am installing a suite in my walk-out basement and regulations require that the suite have a separate furnace, or a zoned furnace, with a zone dedicated to the suite, and at least one other zone dedicated to the rest of the house.
I decided to go with the zoned furnace option. The existing furnace in the house was a mid-efficiency model, and was significantly over capacity for the house. The result of this over-capacity was the development of 'hot spots' in the heat exchanger. Left alone, Manny tells me, these hot spots can eventually burn right through causing the leakage of carbon monoxide into the house. Not a good thing!! So I retired that furnace!
Manny correctly sized a replacement furnace, and because of the size of the house, went with three zones, one for the basement suite, one for the non-suite area of the basement, and one for the main floor of the house. I now have what I regard as a sophisticated heating system that delivers separate controllable heating to all parts of the house.
What I regard as equally good about the furnace installation is that the heat vents in the basement were installed taking advantage of the raised wood foundation in the house. In other words, Ed was able to go down into the crawl space and install heat runs to all parts of the basement and basement suite. He got into places that I certainly cannot get into!
The result of this floor level heat venting in the basement is that the heat in the basement circulates properly, instead of entering the space at ceiling level, and staying up there, creating hot heads and cold feet! Not good!
Manny also installed a new humidifier on the furnace, and installed a sensor on the outside of the house that measures ambient temperature outside, and then automatically sets the humidifer appropriately. Too much moisture is too much of a good thing!
Another positive thing about using Comfortable Home Systems is the fact that Manny can do the gas fitting necessary, and can also do any plumbing required. I contacted other firms for quotes, and in at least one case the company would have had to bring in another trade for one or more of these functions. Up goes the price!
I now have what I regard as a high quality living space in the basement, on par with main floor living.
Bottom line: Manny is very honest and reliable - what he commits to is what he does. And he and his crew do it all cheerfully and on time!

More about Comfortable Home - Heating, Furnaces & Air Conditioning

Comfortable Home Systems is a York Certified Comfort dealer, specializing in heating & air conditioning, furnaces, boilers, hot water tanks, and roof top units.