I have used Tony for multiple instances. Each instance was great, until the most recent one. When it is Tony by himself, the work is on-point; but when he brings a team of people to help him with larger jobs, the work is sub-par.
Bought a new house, replaced a 36-year-old AC, 10-year-old furnace, and a built-in humidifier, as nothing worked properly and the old setup was terrible. Went from two control systems to one (1 Thermostat & 1 Humidistat to 1 Smart Thermostat that controlled both). Unfortunately, Tony and his team treated the work as a “re & re” (replace and re-install) without inspecting if the previous setup even worked.
1. The Thermostat they installed was not properly secured into the wall, not screwed into wood, nor was a drywall plug even used. This caused the Thermostat to shut off if there was heavy movement around the house (inside or outside). I had to fix this myself by disconnecting the thermostat, labeling all the wires, and secure the thermostat base into the stud. I had to free up more cable, providing a bit more slack between the thermostat and Furnace.
2. The humidifier was connected to the cold water pipe, not the hot water pipe. During the winter my house dropped to 20% humidity, and you can see how that affects your home and your health.
3. The furnace was not properly measured, so they had to lift it from the ground, which puts it closer to everything within the system. During the winter, when the furnace was on for a certain period of time, just to heat the house 2 more degrees, the furnace would overheat and shutdown. Quite frightening in the middle of the winter night. They should have replaced the supply and return ducts to compensate.
4. They wanted to run the AC pipe through a new route, which I was hesitant around, as there was already furnace and old AC piping going through one direction. Well, they put a hole in my wall and did a small investigating hole in the brick wall. They found their new route was below the deck and they abandoned the effort and followed the original route. I had to plaster the wall myself. They got a big “I told you so” from me on this one.
5. When installing the new AC coil, they removed the duct work and I saw all the rust particles and particulates. Instead of putting a new supply duct, they removed the rust particles and particulates. Yet, the duct was not in the greatest condition.
After everything, and the kind of money I paid, only the AC works the way it should. For the upcoming winter, I have to monitor the furnace and only run it for 1.5 degree heating intervals to reach my desired home comfort. For the humidifier, I will be hiring someone else to connect the humidifier to the hot water pipe. My family cannot go through another 20% humidity-level winter. When the pandemic is over, I will be hiring someone else to replace the supply and return ducts to the furnace the way it should have been.
Just wasn’t happy with the work that Tony and his team did, especially for the price I paid. It was lacking and it put my family in a frightening situation. Tony and I tried to figure out dates and times for him to rectify the issues, but the CoViD19 case surges and safety protocols I have in place to protect my family made it difficult for us to align.