Aw Mechanical

Reviews for Aw Mechanical

Rob
Rob

AC Replacement - Happy Customer

Our AC unit died a while ago. Tony came out on the weekend and gave a no-cost assessment of the situation. He provided repair and replacement options - very objective, no pressure, reasonable pricing.

We opted for replacement, and the work was completed a few days later. It's working great. Tony took away the old unit and packaging, leaving the work site as clean as before he arrived. He explained how to file the the warranty paperwork, care for the unit, etc.

Tony is very friendly and professional. From both a technical and service perspective, his experience is immediately obvious. It was a great having him complete this project for us. We will definitely contact him again for HVAC needs, and will recommend him to friends & family.

Thanks Rob for such an awesome review. It was a pleasure working with such nice people. Greatly appreciate your review.👍🏽

Paige in Waterford
Paige in Waterford
1 review Milton, ON

Holiday AC Repair

Tony was able to come out to Milton short notice and diagnose and repair our air conditioning unit that stopped working. he even serviced the unit “just because”. Excellent service and would definitely use again and recommend. Thank you Tony!

Thank you Paige. Greatly appreciate this awesome review.

Bunbury
Bunbury
1 review Milton, ON

AC replacement

Tony was recommended to us by our friend who is himself a contractor and whose word on such matters I trust implicitly. Our friend was absolutely correct. Tony's quote was very reasonable compared to others and he honoured the quote despite having to do some extra work. He did the work in a professional and timely manner. Beyond that, he is a friendly and pleasant gentleman who without any doubt is a man of integrity. We will absolutely be using him for all our future HVAC needs and will be recommending him to anyone who needs that.

dean in Toronto
dean in Toronto

Prompt and Excellent service

Had Tony come in for an annual maintenance check on my AC unit. Used his services before and always satisfied. Knowledgeable, great communication, and excellent service. He’ll not only provide the service but also provide you with knowledge on the product/issue etc. Would highly recommend. Thanks again Tony.

Thanks Dean, I really appreciate you taking the time to write me this review. Blessings

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

Gas hook up

Job was reasonably priced. He has polite. Knowledgeable. He was punctual. Hard worker. Job was done in a timely manner. Happy with my new gas stove. Would highly recommend him.

Not sure who this is from but thank you very much for your kind words. Very much appreciated

Air Conditioning Installation

Tony was awesome to deal with. My 20 year old A/C finally broke down as it was leaking and the lines were freezing up. He was referred by my neighbor who is in the industry and I would refer Tony to anyone I know. I called Tony that night and he was able to make it to my house the next day to install the new unit. He gave me a couple of different options to choose from and explained the benefits of each, and all the options where very competitively priced. He was in and out in a couple of hours, he didn't leave a mess, like he was never there.

Overall very happy with the overall service and the house is cool as can be.

Connie in Apsley
Connie in Apsley

Air Conditioning Purchase & Installation

Tony is a true professional! He took the time to explain the type of Air Conditioning unit that would reduce my hydro bill and at the same time is environmental friendly. The installation was seamless and completed in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend Aw Mechanical!

Jason Lee
Jason Lee

Heating Repair

During the end of January 2021, our heater suddenly stopped working and it got really cold. I operate a restaurĺant and on top of that, my father lives above our restaurant. It was so cold, the thermostat temperature inside the restaurant was reading 48 degrees F. We were barely able to function normally and running a business was extremely difficult.

Tony was referred to us by a close family friend. When I called him and told him about my situation, he came and did an inspection and assessed our situation. Tony is very honest, and on top of that, gave us a very reasonable quote on a significant job since he understood that our business is struggling.

Within under a week, our heater was fixed and moving forward, my wife and I already decided to call upon Tony for any future issues regarding our heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigerator issues.

We feel truly blessed and thankful for Tony's help and hard work. I can understand why he is highly regarded by seeing the other reviews.

Lastly, Tony went out of his way to teach me a few things to save money and avoid future higher repair costs.

I recommend Tony / AW Mechanical Systems to anybody that needs help with their heating or any other services he provides. Thank you again for everything.

Thank you Jason for such an awesome review. Very much appreciated

Fireman
Fireman

Poor Installation

I have used Tony for multiple instances. Each instance was great, until the most recent one. When it is Tony by himself, the work is on-point; but when he brings a team of people to help him with larger jobs, the work is sub-par.

Bought a new house, replaced a 36-year-old AC, 10-year-old furnace, and a built-in humidifier, as nothing worked properly and the old setup was terrible. Went from two control systems to one (1 Thermostat & 1 Humidistat to 1 Smart Thermostat that controlled both). Unfortunately, Tony and his team treated the work as a “re & re” (replace and re-install) without inspecting if the previous setup even worked.

1. The Thermostat they installed was not properly secured into the wall, not screwed into wood, nor was a drywall plug even used. This caused the Thermostat to shut off if there was heavy movement around the house (inside or outside). I had to fix this myself by disconnecting the thermostat, labeling all the wires, and secure the thermostat base into the stud. I had to free up more cable, providing a bit more slack between the thermostat and Furnace.
2. The humidifier was connected to the cold water pipe, not the hot water pipe. During the winter my house dropped to 20% humidity, and you can see how that affects your home and your health.
3. The furnace was not properly measured, so they had to lift it from the ground, which puts it closer to everything within the system. During the winter, when the furnace was on for a certain period of time, just to heat the house 2 more degrees, the furnace would overheat and shutdown. Quite frightening in the middle of the winter night. They should have replaced the supply and return ducts to compensate.
4. They wanted to run the AC pipe through a new route, which I was hesitant around, as there was already furnace and old AC piping going through one direction. Well, they put a hole in my wall and did a small investigating hole in the brick wall. They found their new route was below the deck and they abandoned the effort and followed the original route. I had to plaster the wall myself. They got a big “I told you so” from me on this one.
5. When installing the new AC coil, they removed the duct work and I saw all the rust particles and particulates. Instead of putting a new supply duct, they removed the rust particles and particulates. Yet, the duct was not in the greatest condition.

After everything, and the kind of money I paid, only the AC works the way it should. For the upcoming winter, I have to monitor the furnace and only run it for 1.5 degree heating intervals to reach my desired home comfort. For the humidifier, I will be hiring someone else to connect the humidifier to the hot water pipe. My family cannot go through another 20% humidity-level winter. When the pandemic is over, I will be hiring someone else to replace the supply and return ducts to the furnace the way it should have been.

Just wasn’t happy with the work that Tony and his team did, especially for the price I paid. It was lacking and it put my family in a frightening situation. Tony and I tried to figure out dates and times for him to rectify the issues, but the CoViD19 case surges and safety protocols I have in place to protect my family made it difficult for us to align.

Review has 1 previous version
Mari in Stoney Creek
Mari in Stoney Creek
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Finally got an Air Conditioner!

I am now all set for the hot weather. Tony and his team were very professional and conscientious while they were here. The work was well thought out and when they were done, you would never know they here. Thanks Tony! All the best.

thanks Mari,greatly appreciated You are very welcome

More about Aw Mechanical

AW Mechanical handles heating and air conditioning with 20 years of experience. Ask for Tony. Servicing all makes and models in the GTA. Servicing both residential and commercial. At your service!

Some of the services that we offer are, FURNACES,AIR-CONDITIONERS,HUMIDIFIERS,THERMOSTATS,
FILTERS,COMMERCIAL REFRIGERATION, HOT WATER TANKS,