Maxxmar

240 Bartor Rd Toronto ON M9M 2W6

Reviews for Maxxmar

Duke in North York
Duke in North York

Product falls apart...no customer service

We bought the Maxxmar Dual Shades through Home Depot on the advice of one of their resellers.
The shades looked great and were exactly what we were looking for. However within a few months the edges of the shades began to fray and parts came away from the solid bottom edge. One of the things we were concerned about when buying these was that they may start fraying, but we were told that this would not happen.
When we contacted Home Depot they contacted Maxxmar about repairing the shades and were told that the warranty doesn't cover the fabric. Like really? The shades are 95% fabric, and this is a manufacturing issue, not wear and tear.
Now we are in our 2nd month of phone calls and fighting to get this fixed. Maxxmar refuses to talk to us, saying they don't deal with the consumer directly. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever encountered.
During this process we were told to take the shades down and mail them in for repair, then the next day told nope don't bother we won't repair them. This happened twice.
Don't be fooled when they say they are "Custom Made" shades. They literally cut longer shades to fit your window. Custom Cut is a better description.
We paid $1600 for these crap shades. I regret purchasing from Maxxmar and when we do the rest of the windows in the house we will definitely be purchasing Hunter Douglas, a company that stands behind their product and values their customers.
#dontbuymaxxmar

SallyGreco in Toronto
SallyGreco in Toronto

Home blinds

I am more than happy to have Maxxmar blinds in my home! My experience working with Home Depot was very pleasant and they helped me choose the perfect blinds for each room. The timely delivery was appreciated and the final look is exactly what I hoped for (amazing quality!).

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Maxmar Blinds

Beware DO NOT ORDER FROM MAXMAR!
Very disappointed with the installation of my roller blinds total nightmare! Installer installed but missing valances, cordstrings, blinds not even. Ordered blackout and still light bleeding through.
Pls do not order from HomeDepot! Trying now to have some resoulution hoping to get a refund for about 6 window.s..still fighting !

Glenn Queens Quay
Glenn Queens Quay

Window Shutters in a bedroom and living room

I had shutters installed in my bedroom, and living room, via the Home Depot and Maxxmar Window Fashions. They were not installed properly in the bedroom, crooked, do not close properly, and floor board not finished properly. Maxxmar acknowledged the mistake and promised they would correct it. I have been delayed with them for over a year. They always have an excuse, "missed your call" "waiting for the installers to give us a date" "playing telephone tag" "cell phone did not work" "will get back to you by Friday" "will get back to you by Friday" "will get back to you by Friday" and the latest "will get back to you by the end of the week" I have emails to proof it and have threatened legal action, and yet they still haven't come to simply repair the mistakes. The actual product was good but installing and follow up--appalling!!