Maxxmar

240 Bartor Rd Toronto ON M9M 2W6

Reviews for Maxxmar

Private User reviews Dunnville, ON

Somerset shutters in 3 rooms

Worst customer service I have every dealt with. 7 months later still not fixed. Will not return phone calls. Marzia tries her best but installer won't call or fix. Would never recommend.

Hello,
We are sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. Please note that we are manufacturers and our product is sold through a national network of authorized dealers who are responsible for the sale and after sale service. It seems that your issues have not been addressed by the retailer. At Maxxmar we stand behind our product and will be more than happy to assist in resolving your issues. Based on your review we do not have enough information to identify your order so please send us an email with your contact info to info@maxxmar.com so we can contact you and address your concerns.

Roller Black out Shades

Worst experience with a company. Dismal quality for the premium price you pay and THE WORST customer service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS PATHETIC EXCUSE of a CANADIAN COMPANY. Our motorized shades broke down 2 months after installation and it took them over 3 weeks to get back to us. The shades are still not working properly.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Poor quality hardware mechanisms on roller blind

In 2 years we have had the clutch which is just made of plastic fail 3 times. We have had it replaced once by MaxxMar after about 30 uses and once by ourselves when they sent it up to Lowes and now it has failed again so that we cannot pull the blind up. Lowe's says MaxxMar will not refund the money so we can get something better so we wait again for another clutch that will likely fail soon. There is a lifetime warranty but should we have to take advantage of it every few months

Toxic Smell, Peeling Blackout Blinds, No Response from Company

DO NOT order blinds from Maxxmar!!! Stay away from this company!
Seven years ago I purchased blackout blinds from Maxxmar to cover my front windows in my very sunny living room. In the last few years, I have started smelling an awful, very toxic smell that started slowly and increased until it was unbearable. My front living room (where the blinds are) was smelling like rubber, similar to a Canadian Tire store! We were getting headaches, runny noses, and all-around allergic reactions until I realized what the source was: the blinds. I only realized it when they began to peel and I examined them in detail. At that time I rolled them back up and have not used them since, and the smell has since gone away. I contacted the company where I purchased them, spoke to the manager on the phone a few times, took pictures as he asked and sent them in, and heard nothing. I called and left messages, sent an email, and a letter via registered mail.....and still, I have heard nothing. It has been many weeks now. Maxxmar does not stand by their products and they do not take customers' concerns seriously by following through. They may leave a well-worded response to a complaint that looks polished and professional, but take it from me: they are anything but. I have seen many complains and poor reviews online and no wonder! I am clearly not the only one who has been sold a substandard product. When something goes wrong, they will not help you. Blinds should NOT be disintegrating after a few years, nor should they off-gas and smell toxic! They are BLACKOUT blinds: a product designed to keep out the sun and they should last many years. This is ridiculous. Please keep away from this company. I sure wish I had.

Kristen in Toronto
Kristen in Toronto

Worst customer service

They say it has a lifetime warranty. When I called with an issue it’s taken over a month for them to tell me I have to drop it off to them for inspection. It takes over a week to get a response from their agent ( Jenny ). I explained I was 9 months pregnant and it’s hard for me to go anywhere with my husband working full time, to which she didn’t even respond. We paid double the price for their shutters because of their warranty and ‘ customer service ‘ not worth it.

Hello Kirsten,
We are manufacturers and our products are sold only through a national network of authorized dealers. Based on our information the retailer from whom you purchased the products in unfortunately not in business any longer. We decided to assist you by contacting you to see what is the nature of the problem with your shades and arrange for getting them fixed for you. Our agent explained the terms of our warranty to which was also provided in detail in the certificate supplied when you purchased your shades. The shades need to be inspected at our factory so we can get them fixed for you. If you are unable to bring them in contact us at info@maxxmar .com so arrangement can be made for shipping them to us.
We will look forward to hearing from you.
Maxxmar Customer Service

R. M.
R. M.

Excellent tech support

We bought 4 Maxxmar motorized blinds in October. We love the looks of them, however there seemed to be an issue with the motor in the largest blind, 6 months after the purchase.
The company that sold them to us wasn't available for proper support during covid. I called Maxxmar directly and spoke to the motorized tech guy Marvin. He was very helpful and very patient as we trouble-shooted the issue over the phone. Got the blind re-started and re-programmed.
Thank you Marvin!
As well, the phone prompts were easy to follow and I spoke to someone right away.

Monisha in Mississauga
Monisha in Mississauga

Shade motor died 2 months ago still not fixed

Initially I was extremely thrilled with the motorized shade. Looks amazing and super convenient as it was on a timer to go up and down during the day to block sun from my dining room table. However, after a year the motor just stopped. We contacted them and they informed me we needed a motor and it was covered on warranty. I was thrilled to here this however it has been months and numerous calls with lots of excuses! No new motor. Shade just stuck all summer! The only upside is I was saving to do these shades in my master bedrooms and kids bedrooms and now that I see the customer service and lack of diligence on their end I’m not going forward with the purchase. I would have been so upset if the blinds in my bedroom broke and were unable to close for two months!!

Hello Monisha, Thank you for posting your feedback and we’re sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectation. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Our company 's products are sold through a national network of dealers who also provide aftersale service as needed. Since you noted that the issue with your shades has not been addressed, please contact us at info@maxxmar.com with information on where you purchased your shades and your contact information so we can identify the original order and arrange for getting your shades fixed.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Don't waste your money

I'm one short step away from contacting a lawyer to file a suit for damages. I ordered wifi motorized dual shades in July 2018 and they have numerous defects. The retailer told me the fabric and motors both had full lifetime warranties which convinced me to buy this brand instead of another better known name. When I started having trouble with them I discovered the fabric only has a 5 year warranty. The black out shades had pin holes in them that they wanted to repair with white out. The motors were defective and replace with motors that didn't have the same function as the ones I paid for. One of the rollers bent. New blinds were ordered and they were half an inch narrower on each side than the originals. I took many days of work to be home for the install and attempted repairs, I spent countless hours documenting the defects. I could go on forever with more details but here's the long and short of it. Don't waste your money like I did.

Ric in North York
Ric in North York

Blind Reconfiguration

Based on more negative than positive comments and reviews I have seen, I was compelled to post my experience. We purchased a home that had Maxxmar blinds installed on the front windows each being 5 feet long. The previous owner had made a mistake and one of the blinds had the chain pull going down the middle of the window instead having left hand and right hand pulls. I contacted Maxxmar and was transferred to customer service and explained that I simply needed the parts to convert the 1 blind to a left hand pull. They requested a 6 digit code that should have been on the blind as a reference# but was not there. Ultimately they suggested I go to a local Dealer or to a big box store. There was no local Dealer in my area and got nowhere with the big box store. Since I live in the GTA I decided to take the blind directly to Maxxmar and see if they could help out. I arrived at reception explained the issue and was asked to wait a moment. The Receptionist returned and directed me to Diane who took a look at the blind and advised that in order to switch the pull from the right to left side, I would need to purchase a new cassette and clutch pull ($45.00) and they would change it over for me, and it would be ready in 30 min. When the conversion was complete the blind was wrapped and included a new set of brackets and hardware, which she was not sure I would need but included them. I have been in Sales all my life and know the value of customer service, and Diane went beyond anything I have experienced in years!! I took the blind to our cottage home and was lucky to have the new hardware, as the old ones were not compatible to the new cassette, installed them and the blind looks great and functions as it should. I would suggest to anyone who is researching blinds to avoid the Big Box stores and their low prices, and go to a Recommended Dealer, who will be there to back up the product if and when necessary. I need 4 more blinds in our cottage and will be going to the recommended Dealer in Sarnia to get my new Maxxmar Blinds.
Thanks again Diane.
Ric

Laurie in Calgary
Laurie in Calgary

Poor quality, Poor service

We purchased 2 Roman shades from Maxxmar through our Direct Buy membership. They didn't close properly, we had to pull the blind down the last 12 inches manually, so we contacted them and they wanted to repair them. When they came back not only did they still not close properly, but now they closed crooked. We contacted them again and the rep came to our house and said yes they are crooked and don't close. They sent repacement blinds, which don't close properly again. Sigh.....We requested our money back so we can buy other blinds that actually close. They came back to us and said that they will repair them. Serioisly not impressed.

More about Maxxmar

Canadian manufacturer of complete range of Shutters, Shades and Blinds. We also offer a wide range of exclusive child safe and motorization options for our products. Our products are available only through a national network of authorized dealers.
Looking for Shutters & Blinds pros in North York?