HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in Richmond Hill  >  Umbrella Waterproofing, Drains and Plumbing Solutions

Reviews for Umbrella Waterproofing, Drains and Plumbing Solutions

Basement underpinning, waterproofing, backwater flow, sump pump

We were impressed from start to finish with the Umbrella crew. They were on time everyday, friendly, and professional. They underpinned our semi-detached home in downtown Toronto and were able to navigate various challenges as they came up. Bohdana in the office is so helpful and kind, and together with Vlad and Andre they get back to you right away with information if you have a question. The work was carried to a very high quality, and we are very happy to recommend them to others

1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Work done well

We had water leaking from the basement ceiling and I called these guys for help. By the time technician Vald came to our place, the restoration company had already been here and opened up the ceiling to expose the pipes. We turned water on and off from various locations and eventually found out that it's a sewage backup causing a leak from the ground floor toilet.

Unfortunately the technician did not have the equipment to deal with such a scenario so he called the office and arranged another technician to come in the afternoon, but had to charge me an inspection fee. The other technician came with an inspection camera and a heavy duty snake to open up the clog in the sewer, while keeping me informed the whole time, and made followup suggestions regarding the situation of the sewer pipe. He also answered all my questions thoroughly.

I'm generally very satisfied by the technician's courtesy, but the inspection fee was quite steep, not to mention they had to arrange another technician here with another bill on using the equipment.

Sabrina in Toronto
Sabrina in Toronto

Excellent - professional - Reasonable and done right

Vlad and his team are great. I highly recommend using him for any waterproofing, drain and plumbing jobs. He is prompt, their team work hard to finish quickly while getting the job done right the first time. As best as he can, he will warn you of any surprises that may arise along the way, which is appreciated. This is the second time I've used Vlad and his team to do a job, and he guarantees the work that he does. The first time was for a waterproofing problem along the back wall of my house. The second most recent job was to install a backwater valve and fix a drainage problem along the other side of my house. All of these jobs was done very professionally without an issue. They arrange for all permits, city inspectors etc. I highly recommend using them, I wouldn't go elsewhere.

Benjamin Albert from Mississauga
Benjamin Albert from Mississauga

Basement waterproofing and sump pump install

Had a couple of quotes to waterproof my basement which was damp but not actually wet. I was really satisfied with how detailed of an analysis and quote I received from Vlad so I went with them.

I had a good experience from start to finish. Communication, work quality and cleanup were all excellent. The crew worked extremely hard without complaint (They found my basement floors were over a foot thick and very difficult to break)! Bohdana from the office made everything very clear and reached out to me whenever I needed to be aware of a fact. Vlad was always available for questions (of which I had many!).

Overall I was really pleased and would for sure recommend to others.

1 review Pickering, ON

Clogged kitchen stack below clean out

basement stack was clogged right below the clean out. All greese! 11yr old home in markham (just bought house last year). I rented and snaked the pipe for over 2hrs with no luck. Then we called another plumber and they also tried snaking for another 2hrs. They seemed to get further but was not draining and they recommended hydro jetting. After calling multiple plumbers with reputable ratings on homestars I ended up choosing Umbrella who's rates where more than half of the price of everyone else's quotes! Bodanna is very professional and knowledgeable as she knew right away what the issue was. She walked me through the procedure and what to expect from the plumber (Vlad). When Vlad arrived he was on time, very careful and clean walking us through everything he was doing. He even used the camera to show us what was being found and how it was progressing at no extra charge! All of the other companies where charging additional $300 to just use the camera! End of the day our problem is solved and we can now use our sink and dishwasher. I will definitely be using them in the future if need be. Thanks Bodanna and Vlad!

Thank you for your business. Your review is very much appreciated! It was our pleasure dealing with you too and thank you again for choosing us. Your trust and sharing your feedback are immensely important for us. Feel free to contact us any time whether you have a question or need professional help - we'll be always happy to help.
P.S. We are not addressing you by your name only because you registered as a private user hence we'll honor that, but we remember you.

Vic from Newmarket
Vic from Newmarket
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

French drain under backyard deck

I had a ton of water under my newly built deck that would not drain. I was referred to Umbrela and it was a great experience. Bohdana was extremely accommodating with my work schedule to set up a meeting with Vlad and kept me updated. Vlad was very knowledgable and had a great detailed plan on how to drain the water via a French drain system. The workers showed up on scheduled time, completed the drainage system in two days and cleaned up to the point where it looked like nothing happened.

I will definetly use Umbrella again and will refer to friends and family.

1 review Ajax, ON

Two Window Well drains repaired

Our basement flooded from the window wells during the flash flood. Vlad was very knowledgeable. He checked inside the basement for cracks and moisture level, (there were none); explained the possibilities and areas of concern and gave me a reasonable itemized quote. A guy from another high-rated homestars company came and gave a quote for $8000 saying they would have to excavate the whole side of the house without even taking a look at the condition of the foundation... so glad I didn't go with them!
So grateful that they could fit us in quickly despite their busy schedule. The work was done by two men over a period of 3 days. They dug out the trench, made sure the weeping tiles were working efficiently by sending a camera down them, one of the weeping tiles was completely blocked. They put in a new one at no extra charge which I was so grateful for. They waterproofed the area putting, I believe, 3 different layers of protection. They completed the work leaving the place looking neat and tidy. All throughout they worked very hard and efficiently. I thoroughly recommend this company for your waterproofing needs.
Thank you!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your review is very valuable to us as well as for the homeowners like yourself. Thank you for choosing us.

Bohdana
Umbrella Waterproofing & Plumbing

ruby in Toronto
ruby in Toronto

Basment Sewer Backup

We had Vlad come over to take care of a sewer backup in our basement, which turned out to be an issue with grease building up in the Kitchen sewer stack. Vlad was able to identify and fix the problem quickly, and he was very courteous and professional the whole time.
Will definitely call Vlad again when we have other plumbing concerns.

Thank you for choosing us and for taking time to share your review. Every day we do our best to provide quality service and to raise the bar. Quality results & customer satisfaction are very important to us so your feedback is like music to our ears. Thank you!
Respectfully,
Vlad from Umbrella Waterproofing & Plumbing Solutions

Ashley from Mississauga
Ashley from Mississauga

Exterior Waterproofing of foundation wall

Vlad, the diagnostic lead is a very knowledgeable individual. He explained clearly what his team would be doing and answered all my questions. Michael and team showed up on time and worked very hard and were very methodical in their approach - removing interlock, excavating, applying hydraulic cement, rubberized bituminous membrane, light poly cover, structural air gap membrane, new weeping tile, video camera inspection, etc.. After interlock re-installed, they cleaned up the area. This is a very professional team (including Bordahna the Customer Service contact) that I would not hesitate to recommend.

Dear Ashley,
We thank you for choosing us and for taking time to share your experience. We care a great deal about delivering the results while offering genuine people-oriented customer service. Thank you.
Bohdana from Umbrella Waterproofing & Plumbing Solutions

jpatryluk in Toronto
jpatryluk in Toronto
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Reseal House Foudation

The other a friend of mine said his basement was leaking and if I knew any body that could do a great job. So I gave them a name of Umbrella Waterproofing that I used in January of 2014 just after that ice storm we had in Ontario. My house is 58 years old and I started getting water in my basement, It was the original foundation that needed to be resealed. Vlad Bohdana came out with his helper and started digging all around down to foundation. He was very friendly and explained the process to us. After trench was dug they put some coating on wall to seal bricks then after a rubberized sheet all around for extra protection, then filled in hole. Because it was January and ground was frozen. I had to wait till may to reinstall patio walkway in front of house, which they did and was good as new. I was very happy with work they did and was give a 25 year warranty on work. Thanks for a good Job Vlad. John P a fellow Ukrainian

Dear John,
Thank you for spreading a good word about us - this means A LOT to us. It was our pleasure to deal with you. Your kind feedback and the time you took to share it with other people are invaluable to our business. Thank you!

Vlad from Umbrella Waterproofing & Plumbing Solutions

More about Umbrella Waterproofing, Drains and Plumbing Solutions

CALL US TODAY! 647-408-3262

We are reputable plumbing and waterproofing company that offers top services and affordable prices that help you save money and guarantee quality results. We guarantee you Peace of Mind.

We are family based business that works on independent basis therefore we are able to compete in prices and offer our customers non-beatable quotes. No high prices, no aggressive sales, no commission based contractors, and no pressure – it is our policy.

Our company is an expert in all areas of plumbing (residential, high-end commercial & industrial), waterproofing (exterior & interior waterproofing), all foundation repairs, drain repairs, underpinning and basement lowering. Our wide range of services includes thorough diagnostics, camera inspections & no dig technologies – air lining pipe bursting, which save your landscape and provide clean results.
If you require free estimate simply give us a call and our licensed technician will discuss your needs, work within your budget and offer an effective solution. Our job speaks for itself. Once you call us you will be worries free. Call today 647-408-3262 or 647-297-6947
We run our business with integrity and treat our customers with respect.

We GUARANTEE YOU PEACE OF MIND at a fraction of the cost.

Waterproofing, Drain Services, and Plumbing
We are the EXCLUSIVE carrier and the ONLY distributor of the top of the line newest technology moisture meters (designed and manufactured in Europe) - deep probing, non destructive and accurate; which we use to detect and to measure the amount of moisture in concrete and other building materials. When you are purchasing a house or you are concerned about dampness and moisture in the walls (especially basement), contact us to inspect the walls with one of our meters! 100% Accurate! No faulty results! This will save your money!
Umbrella Waterproofing, Plumbing & Drains offers: All plumbing repairs and installations; Exterior Waterproofing; Interior Waterproofing; Full Drain Services; Underpinning; Basement floor lowering; Concrete floor installation; Emergency Services: drain cleaning, building drain replacement, water pipe burst repairs, video inspection of drains & snake cleaning; High Pressure Water Jetting; Sum pump installation; Back flow prevention; Backwater valve installation; Sewer Ejector installation; Trench-less Technology; Weeping tile systems; 4 layer waterproofing technology; Underground waterline upgrade; No digging technologies (air lining pipe bursting) - save your landscape!
We offer the newest technologies and use powerful machinery: Power Flushing; Trench-less technology; Moisture measurement in walls (most building materials); No digging technologies
2001
Cheque, Cash, Visa, MasterCard
P License: 1256
Better Business Bureau
PROJECT RATE
We provide you with free estimates and prices upfront before we start.
25 Years Transferable Warranty on All Workmanship