HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in Vaughan  >  The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

Reviews for The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

phil in Toronto
phil in Toronto

interior french drain with sump

Wes & Levin were here today to waterproof all 4 sides of our basement.
Each day they arrived on time and with a smile.
They were professional, respectful and friendly.
Wes explained everything and they completed all they said they would all while keeping a clean environment to the best of their abilities.
They appeared knowledgeable and trustworthy and we are happy with the work they did (internal french drain).
We would recommend their services to others
who are in need of water proofing.
Phil and Melissa

Phil and Debbie  in Oakville
Phil and Debbie in Oakville

Leaky basement

Left a message asking Crack Doctor to take a look at water seeping into the basement. Dan called shortly afterwards and Levin was round at the house the same day and quickly determined the issue and reccommended installing interior membrane and drain. Following week Levin returned with his assistant and fixed the problem. Rarely have i seen contractors clean as they go like these two did and every step of the way their workplace was immaculate. At each step Levin showed me what he'd done and explained the next step. Highly reccommended

Greg in Ottawa
Greg in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Several crack repairs

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever received. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. After spending nearly $10,000 on foundation repairs before last winter, this spring we had more water leak into out basement. In spot that had never leaked before but the crack claimed we needed to fix. After placing several calls and leaving several messages over a week and half long period and getting absolutely no response. I finally repeatedly called until someone answered. After inquiring why no one had contacted me and threatening legal action if the matter was not resolved. I was hung up on. TWICE!!! Given a load of nonsense about how they were too busy and doing the best they can. Complete failure as a business. They refused to come and investigate the damage without a "hefty" inspection fee. Supposed to be a lifetime warranty on their work and they refuse to even investigate. Inexcusable, will never deal with them again.

Ryan in Mississauga
Ryan in Mississauga

Crack injection x2 and follow up phone calls for information

Recommended by another contractor, i called The Crack Doctor and they were available to come within 4 business days. Due to a cancellation, they came in 3 days. Den and José showed up on time, and got the job done (fixing 2 cracks in my poured concrete foundation) in 4 hours. They cleaned up everything, and left my basement in the same state it was before they arrived (Except the cracks were fixed!). I left the wall exposed for 2+ weeks. I've tested the cracks since, and no water is coming in.

Today I called them back to ask a few questions about the taps left in the wall. After having my specific questions answered thoroughly, i chatted with Nigel about interior insulation, framing and finishing options in order to avoid future issues with condensation on the wall (not related to the cracks). Nigel was super helpful.

The quality of work done by The Crack Doctor, combined with Nigel's thorough accommodation of my follow up questions was fantastic. I would use them again, and recommend them to anyone.

Thanks,
Ryan

Jon in Mississuaga
Jon in Mississuaga
2 reviews Milton, ON

Basement crack repair

I called the guys, gave me all what I wanted to hear on the phone about standing behind the warranty etc etc. Booked the job and the guy showed up... I felt he boasted far too much about how great he was, spent allot of time playing with his equipment and proceeded. All while passing me his own card outside of the business to solicit business for him on the side... very unprofessional. He said leave the wall open for 2 weeks... We did, he said there is not a chance (as he is so good at what he does) that this will leak and he has done 1000's... well we are now almost a month down the road and the wall was repaired and painted at great expense .. All to find with the recent rain (April 2016) that the crack is still leaking and the jo0b was not completed. Upon calling, I start getting the run around... why give a warranty if you don't stand behind your work ? at this point I told them to refund the amount I paid and I will get a another company to fix it... they have refused so now that I have more water damage that before, paid a contractor to open and refinish the wall I am further behind now. My suggestion is NOT use this company. not happy and would not suggest them .

Hello Jon we are not sure why you feel we gave you the runaround. We have exchanged many emails with you stating that we are happy to honor our warranty.

We have tried our best to work with you in this situation but you have refused all reasonable offers and are not interested in having us come out and perform a warranty repair. You have stated that you are only interested in a refund which is not how a warranty works. We stand behind all our work and in the unlikely event that a repair fails we come back and repair it for free.

Also we have not even seen that the crack we repaired is actually leaking. However we still offered to perform an outside repair on the crack and deduct the money you had already paid for the inside repair, but you still refused.

Over the past 20+ years The Crack Doctor has performed thousands of waterproofing repairs while maintaining an A+ rating at the BBB. If you change your mind and want us to come and do a warranty repair on that crack, we will be happy to accommodate you in a timely manner.

Art from Toronto
Art from Toronto

Good work, good price, good people

We have a basement cold room that was damp when it rains. We realized we needed an internal foundation drain to channel the water away. The approximate length of the wall that needed to be waterproofed was about 22 -25 feet.
We called The Crack Doctor on recommendation from friends. The person I talked to was very professional and knowledgable. He gave us a verbal estimate right away over the phone and explained to us all the options. Their price was very competitive and they seemed very honest and didn't try to "up sell" us .
The two men that showed up were very professional and clean. I checked on the internet on how a proper foundation drain should be installed and they actually did do everything right. They finished the job within the day. They were clean and conscientious and cleaned up.
It's been over 4 months (that included lots of rain) and the room is absolutely dry. We now use the room to store furniture, misc. stuff and food supplies without concern for dampness and old. It's great to be able to use this extra space now. I should've taken care of this sooner.

Basement Leak Repair

Estimator was a pushy for me to sign a contract and made false claims about insurance rebates (felt like I was dealing with a used car salesman). I was told I'd have my City of T.O. rebate in 4 weeks; it took 10 weeks... also that the insurance savings would "pay for the cost in as little as 15 months" to 10 years. Turns out I will save $2 per month on insurance which will pay it off in 125 years...

The workers did a great job even though they were 3 hours late. They were friendly and knowledgeable. Overall I'm happy with the work.

Mark
Mark
6 reviews Aurora, ON

Crack repair

We had the Crack Doctor come to fix two hairline fractures that almost the entire height of our basement wall. One was letting in a bit of water after each rainfall and made the basement smell like wet concrete. Dean was very professional and polite, and the work was done to a very high standard. Hopefully I won't need this kind of work again, but if I do, I'd definitely call back the Crack Doctor.

Jole in Markham
Jole in Markham
2 reviews Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Crack Repair

The Crack Doctor was called to fill a hairline crack along the foundation that was leaking inside my basement. Work was completed in a timely manner. Service person was respectful and on time. All work was done as expected with each step carefully explained to me. Hopefully the crack doesn't leak, however I was assured they would fix it.

It was our pleasure to help you Jole, and thank you very much for the review. Your right about the warranty. It would be very rare for our crack repair to leak however in that event we would re repair it for free as our repair is guaranteed for the life of the building.

Brian from Waterloo
Brian from Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Crack injection

Assisted Review

We hired The Crack Doctor to do an internal crack injection in our home. I am impressed with the overall professionalism of the experience in repairing a crack in the foundation wall.

Thank you for the kind words. We pride ourselves on high quality workmanship and materials and are trilled to hear that you were happy with our service. Best regards, The Crack Doctor Team.

More about The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc. is a licensed, award winning foundation waterproofing company offering the full spectrum of waterproofing solutions to help keep your home dry, safe and healthy. From old to new, we specialize in waterproofing all sorts of structures and we are dedicated to proving you with the best possible solutions.
We service a large area including: Ajax, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Guelph, Hamilton, Kitchener, Markham,Milton, Mississauga, Oakville, Oshawa, Ottawa, Pickering, Scarborough, Toronto, Vaughan, Waterloo, and all surrounding areas.
Let the Crack Doctor assist you with any of the following issues:
Basement Wateproofing
French Drains
Water Trek Aqua Route
Waterproof Membranes and Coatings
Blue Skin, Delta MS, Platon, Bakor and Too Tuff Installation
Installation of Fire Escape Windows (also referred to as egress windows)
Excavation and Outside Waterproofing