The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

6-2416 Haines Rd Mississauga ON L4Y 1Y6
Waterproofing
The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

Reviews for The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

They do not respond to emails or calls if its warranty related

The crack doctor filled a crack in our basement in 2014. All was fine until this spring. We have been trying to contact them in regards to their ‘transferable lifetime warranty’ since late February/ early March. Haven’t heard a peep! They do not respond if they know it’s not new work or warranty related!! Life time warranty- yeah right!

Pauline
Pauline
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

Very poor service....DO NOT RECOMMEND

The Crack Dr. Installed an internal drainage system with sump pump in August 2017. It failed in April 2018. Customer service was horrible...the calls were never returned. We had to hire another company to come in to investigate and that company found 3 feet of terror weeping tile not connected....this is why we flooded again..do not use this company! Poor workmanship, and no customer service after. -10

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Poor warranty

Had work done with them several years ago. They had to come back and do a repair. At which point they will likely tell you that there is a leaking tie hole and that you need that fixed as well Good luck getting them to respond to repair under warranty. They will give you a run around. Not calling back. Not respond to emails.

James Forrestal
James Forrestal
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Overpriced, and Overhyped!

After some flooding in my basement, I called TCD to come investigate the source and to also help with removal mold that formed as a result. I hear of their ads on the radio all the time and thought I'd give them a call. Total rip
Some 20-something year old kid came with a measuring wheel, spent about 7 minutes in the basement, and came up with a quote that exceeded $10K! I asked him about the mold removal, and he said "Oh yeah, one second, I'll go back down to check."

No thanks. I asked him to leave. Will never use this company.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Basement Leak - Crack Repair

Unprofessional and untrustworthy. As two professional people, who did their research, we were extremely disappointed in the professionalism in Michael. First he diagnosed the problem WRONG, in our basement leak. We discovered this after a trench was dug in our basement, back wall waterproofed, a full renovation completed and it leaked again. After NUMEROUS calls, and comments from Michael such as "remind me of the problem again" or "well you can't be explaining the problem correctly", he FINALLY showed up and asked us to rip up our entire patio because the problem "must be somewhere else", even though there was a clear hole that had formed over the course of two weeks, which through his "thorough" inspection did not see the first time (nor did we, because we didn't know what was behind the walls, he refused to seal the hole and asked us to dig up the entire patio. FOR AN EXTRA 1000 dollars. 3000 dollars already spent. Needless to say we are going elsewhere. PLEASE do not hire these people.

Indoor Crack Repair

I had a crack in my foundation repaired from the inside last year. They were quick to come in an fill the crack - nice and professional. Fast forward a year (April 2018) and the crack is leaking again. I took pictures and it's pretty obvious to see the water tracing down the old crack. After calling and leaving several messages with their "warranty" phone prompt, I didn't receive any call backs (seems like they're avoiding any warranty repairs?). I called again and had to go about the phone prompts as if I was booking a new job. The person I spoke with had less than professional mannerisms and immediately claimed that the crack they repaired was not the problem and began pointing fingers elsewhere. Not sure how he could come to that conclusion without having looked at it. At first he was refusing to come and look at it and then said they would come look at it for a large fee. Not sure how you can offer such an outstanding warranty and not stand behind it 100%.

phil in Toronto
phil in Toronto

interior french drain with sump

Wes & Levin were here today to waterproof all 4 sides of our basement.
Each day they arrived on time and with a smile.
They were professional, respectful and friendly.
Wes explained everything and they completed all they said they would all while keeping a clean environment to the best of their abilities.
They appeared knowledgeable and trustworthy and we are happy with the work they did (internal french drain).
We would recommend their services to others
who are in need of water proofing.
Phil and Melissa

Phil and Debbie  in Oakville
Phil and Debbie in Oakville

Leaky basement

Left a message asking Crack Doctor to take a look at water seeping into the basement. Dan called shortly afterwards and Levin was round at the house the same day and quickly determined the issue and reccommended installing interior membrane and drain. Following week Levin returned with his assistant and fixed the problem. Rarely have i seen contractors clean as they go like these two did and every step of the way their workplace was immaculate. At each step Levin showed me what he'd done and explained the next step. Highly reccommended

Greg in Ottawa
Greg in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Several crack repairs

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever received. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. After spending nearly $10,000 on foundation repairs before last winter, this spring we had more water leak into out basement. In spot that had never leaked before but the crack claimed we needed to fix. After placing several calls and leaving several messages over a week and half long period and getting absolutely no response. I finally repeatedly called until someone answered. After inquiring why no one had contacted me and threatening legal action if the matter was not resolved. I was hung up on. TWICE!!! Given a load of nonsense about how they were too busy and doing the best they can. Complete failure as a business. They refused to come and investigate the damage without a "hefty" inspection fee. Supposed to be a lifetime warranty on their work and they refuse to even investigate. Inexcusable, will never deal with them again.

Ryan in Mississauga
Ryan in Mississauga

Crack injection x2 and follow up phone calls for information

Recommended by another contractor, i called The Crack Doctor and they were available to come within 4 business days. Due to a cancellation, they came in 3 days. Den and José showed up on time, and got the job done (fixing 2 cracks in my poured concrete foundation) in 4 hours. They cleaned up everything, and left my basement in the same state it was before they arrived (Except the cracks were fixed!). I left the wall exposed for 2+ weeks. I've tested the cracks since, and no water is coming in.

Today I called them back to ask a few questions about the taps left in the wall. After having my specific questions answered thoroughly, i chatted with Nigel about interior insulation, framing and finishing options in order to avoid future issues with condensation on the wall (not related to the cracks). Nigel was super helpful.

The quality of work done by The Crack Doctor, combined with Nigel's thorough accommodation of my follow up questions was fantastic. I would use them again, and recommend them to anyone.

Thanks,
Ryan

More about The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc.

The Crack Doctor Waterproofing Group Inc. is a licensed, award winning foundation waterproofing company offering the full spectrum of waterproofing solutions to help keep your home dry, safe and healthy. From old to new, we specialize in waterproofing all sorts of structures and we are dedicated to proving you with the best possible solutions.
We service a large area including: Ajax, Brampton, Burlington, Cambridge, Guelph, Hamilton, Kitchener, Markham,Milton, Mississauga, Oakville, Oshawa, Ottawa, Pickering, Scarborough, Toronto, Vaughan, Waterloo, and all surrounding areas.
Let the Crack Doctor assist you with any of the following issues:
Basement Wateproofing
French Drains
Water Trek Aqua Route
Waterproof Membranes and Coatings
Blue Skin, Delta MS, Platon, Bakor and Too Tuff Installation
Installation of Fire Escape Windows (also referred to as egress windows)
Excavation and Outside Waterproofing