Starlane homes

Mihaela Balojin in Mississauga
Mihaela Balojin in Mississauga
1 review Hamilton, ON

New Home in Waterdown- January 8, 2013

After 3.5 years living in my detached house I would like to give this company a 10. Also its have been long time since I moved to my new house, I took my time and wait to see if any other major issues will popup in 3.5 years. Initial I have several major issues, but the bad one was I moved in January 8, 2013 and the furnace didn't work in the middle of the winter. I want to right a fair review therefore I have been waiting for so long. I decided to write this review now taking in consideration the service that I got when I address my concerns to the upper management and I really noticed they care about their customers and my concerns that I had with my home. I believe the management doesn't know what some employee does, such as the person in charge to supervise the contractors daily at the side. All jobs that are not at the level of expectation, if they are major I believe anyone should bring them in the attention to the upper management and they will be fixed right away. Now, after 3.5 years I looked back and I see this company differently and I can say I'm happy I chose this builder, and I’m glad I didn’t rush to write a bad review when I was mad. When I purchase the home at sale center the two ladies were professional and pleasant on all aspects. At the Décor Centre, at that time they were some sample a little bit overused and old but a big deal because they passed through thousands of hands. I don’t remember the name of the lady that I deal with but she was very patient and very helpful with her suggestions. I got $60,000.00 upgrades, and I can say they were expensive but I'm happy with the final product now after 3.5 year. Therefore now, I strongly believe if I'll buy again a house it will be from this company, thanks to the people who care about customers such as the VP that took the time to come all the way to Waterdown in the middle of the winter at 4 pm, and thanks to all other employees that help me to solve all issues that I have with my home. About the naughty supervisor that was on the site and he didn’t do his job, I consider he does not represent this company.

silverx in Vaughan
silverx in Vaughan

Kitchen Cabinet

Kitchen cabinet in Caledon Homes are Low Quality. Not Worth for money. Bad quality, bad workmanship. We never expected such bad quality from starlane. High price lowest Quality and workmanship.

A. S.  in Mississauga
A. S. in Mississauga

Customer Service and Repairs

We purchased a $540,000 townhome from Starlane in Mississauga almost 2 years ago. We spent 30,000 in upgrades including $9000 that just went to the porcelain kitchen floor. The grout started coming out shortly after we moved in and the tiles were shifting all over. It did eventually get fixed but to get anyone to come in to do any repairs after you're in the house takes forever and you are given a million excuses of why they won't do certain repairs. For example, the major issue was the random placement of light fixtures. I currently have 2 light fixtures in the living room about 2 ft away from each other which looks absolutely ridiculous. The excuse is that there's always a light in the "walkway path" and they won't remove it. I also paid extra to have a kitchen light relocated to above the island. To my shock, there was 2 lights when we moved in but not even aligned or centred with anything, just very randomly placed as if the electrician was drunk. My 3 year old could've done a better job. A year later, we had someone come and patch up the ceiling and 2 years later we are still waiting for someone to come and paint this ugly big spot.
Please be EXTREMELY picky and precise with where the electrical outlets and connections go if you are buying from Starlane or Greenpark (same company).

I selected grey paint for the walls throughout the house. It does not look like the color I chose, it just simply looks white and there is no difference whatsoever in the shade of the ceiling and my walls and on top of it, the quality of the paint is a nightmare and the job is very patchy. You cannot wipe anything off of it, or you are exposing the cardboard of the drywall. Also, after some of the nailpops got repaired, the patches are left there unsanded and they claim it is not their responsibility to paint over this. So basically, you can go ahead and paint the house as you move in as they will not paint any nailpop repairs afterwards.

My beautiful upgraded kitchen cabinets looked great until I started noticing that they are cracking and chipping at the bottom on the island. I guess those are used the most as that's where the garbage and paper towels are. I asked to have these replaced and I am told they do not provide warranty for those past the first year. The kitchen came from "SELBA" which is a company that makes some of the Lottery homes kitchens. I have never heard of a reputable company that does not provide warranty longer than one year on such an expensive kitchen so now I am left to contact Selba myself to see if something can be done.

There is also a crack in the ceiling in my bathroom that somehow is none of their concern either. It seems that they do not want to take responsibility for anything after you move in. The emails I received back are very unprofessional and the answer is basically no to everything.

My ADVICE is, buy from someone else or be EXTREME with every single detail upon you PDI inspection.

ruby from Vaughan
ruby from Vaughan

Home

I have to agree with the previous review as well. Diana does not seem to want to make adjustments even after speaking with site manager that a simple change can be done. No explanation given from her other than no it just can't be accommodated.

swinder jawanda from Minden
swinder jawanda from Minden

Home

I book there house and later on i decide to some upgrade. i call to Dian who look after my project. and she said it is too late for now but i went to site talk to supervisor he said yes we can do it if office give us premition. i call back to Dian again and told about the supervisor she said no we can't do it. i believe she said no because she had to do some paper work. i am not happy with their service.

ckw0110 in Markham
ckw0110 in Markham

New Home

Bought a new home in an upcoming new neighborhood. Price wise, a little high - but they did have good layouts. The finish of the home was ok - though we didn't expect it to be perfect, the list was quite long. The customer service was quite good.

Sharda Gonsalves in OAKVILLE
Sharda Gonsalves in OAKVILLE

Home warranty

Starlane respond to concerns timely. WE were concern about our plumbing in kitchen – fixed in 2 days. Even though we had a false alarm with the plumbing in our in suite washroom, we were hapy someone came over to have a look.

SalmanKhan from Milton
SalmanKhan from Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Starlane milton

Poorly build cheap material already replace several fixture like fauset, toilet, floor tiles cracked and lots of other things and its right after warrenty (2 years). Will not with again and already told lots of friends not to buy from them. And also not willing to refund the security deposit.

Dpara22 from Vaughan
Dpara22 from Vaughan

Customer service and contractors

This is our 4th home and FIRST - LAST with Starlane. I have never encountered anything like that with Silvestri, Mattamy and Tobyn. Completing the deficiencies at 30 day mark has been a nightmare and a reality check still in process since march- on the type of customer service they provide and the contractors they use.

acc in newmarket
acc in newmarket
7 reviews RICHMOND HILL, ON

Home built

This builder has Great quality and accurate delivery time. I was impressed with the overall workmanship. Good service after delivery. I would recommend prospective purchasers to starlane! The home was purchased in Aurora, Ontario.

More about Starlane homes

Starlane Home Corporation has built and sold over 7000 new homes in Brampton, Caledon, Stouffville, Markham, Mississauga, Vaughan, Waterdown, Toronto and GTA Region. Call 416-736-8854 for info on our upcoming new home developments.