Calgary Window Renovations Ltd.

Formerly Old West Windows & Door ltd.
Windows & Doors Installation & Service
#8, 2316 - 27 Ave N.E Calgary AB T2E 7A7
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Calgary  >  Calgary Window Renovations Ltd.

Reviews for Calgary Window Renovations Ltd.

Out of business and deposit not returned

Ordered a door on January 10th and was told it would take three months. Two weeks ago I emailed and called and received no response to these contacts or subsequent emails. There was no contact from the company regarding their impending closure (unlike other experiences on this post). If the company is indeed attempting to complete outstanding installations, we would appreciate a contact.

Absolutely Terrible, Disgusting Business Practices

I placed an order with Old West on December 14th, 2017, and paid a 50% deposit. I was told it would take a few weeks for the windows to be manufactured and the install and job completion would be mid-February 2018.

This date passed, without any word from the company. I called them for an update, and was informed they didn't have any information but would contact me by the end of the week. This happened every single week. I would call on Monday, and be told to expect an update by Friday. This went on for 6 weeks.

I finally received an email on March 20th, informing me that the company was closing. I responded immediately and requested my deposit back. It has been three weeks since then, and zero response or acknowledgement from the company.

To be run around for six weeks and promised that updates were coming and things were just delayed was bad enough. Even more shameful is the company now pretending that they haven't run off with our money. Stop claiming that you contacted your customers and are trying to rectify the situation when I have been blatantly ignored for 3 weeks, while thousands of dollars of my money sit in your bank account.

We have contacted everyone. We are trying to rectify the installations. We have given a couple of solutions to our customers. We do not know who you are, if you do not contact us back.You said you contacted us,without any response. We have been trying to get back to everyone. If we have missed you, please email me & I will respond.
We have sent out two emails to everyone, explaining what the next step is. Please get in touch with us by email.

Closing and confused

After a contract was signed and deposit paid, my next communication from them was a letter saying my contract was cancelled-two weeks before installation. No mention of when my deposit would be returned, no reply to my email in a week, no call back from leaving messages with the call centre after days of waiting-who confusingly claim that all contracts are being completed. This is a mess, and I am getting a feeling that I need to retain a lawyer.

Private User:
Yes, Old West has Ceased operations.To my knowledge, we have contacted our customers.Please get in touch with us, so we can find a solution to your installation.
I know this will take some time to complete, but we are here to help all of our customers ,as best as we can.

Come on Take the Money and Run!

We have used OWWD SEVERAL times in the past at various houses and recommended to many friends. UNFORTUNATELY, OWWD has ceased operations and has taken my money with it. It took 4 months and a tremendous amount of aggravation to get a straight answer from them.

Private User: Yes, Old West has Ceased operations after 23 years, but we have been in touch with all of our customers. We a have a couple of solutions to finish every job. We have not run away like you said.If you would have contacted us, you would know that you will be taken care of. We could have just ran away and hid, but we are trying to do the right thing. This is devastating for both our customers & personally for our family. This information you are telling people , hurts us personally, also. I don't know why you said that we ran, not true. Get in touch with us to finish your installation.

Lois
Lois

Deck door with enclosed blinds, casement window

Compared 3 companies per ratings and price, so glad I found Old West Windows. Very professional estimate and Kyle and crew completed a top notch job of installation quickly and neatly. Very little disruption to homeowner and cleaned up thoroughly when finished. I would highly recommend this fine company to everyone who wants great friendly service and a very satisfactory job completion. My house is warmer and much more attractive with the new additions. A real bonus with some of the uncaring and shabby workmanship taking place in today's market.

Hi Lois, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. Yes, you are right. Our crews are TOP NOTCH. Both our installation crews take the extra time to do the job write the first time. Their experience and attention to detail shows. Rick & Cory

Pierre in Calgary
Pierre in Calgary

Replacement of 35 windows, 3 doors & 1 patio door

I waited to write this review to see how the windows & workmanship would be after 1 year of use. The windows are triple low E glazing and frames are fibreglass. Well on a rating of 10, I give 10 for the installation, followup and the product. I would recommend these people to anyone who wants good service who back their products.

Hi Pierre,
This great to hear back from our customers 1 year after installation. Triple glazing does work great for keeping out the summer heat & winter cold. I am glad you are enjoying your new windows. They will save you energy year after year. Thank you for your review.
Rick & Cory

Andrew in Calgary
Andrew in Calgary

window replacemet

After a competitive evaluation of three potential suppliers we chose Old West Windows and Doors to replace 11 windows in our home.
We were very impressed with Rick's knowledge and experience as well as the excellent reviews of his company.
Kyle and his crew of installers did a first class professional and timely job taking care to minimize any disruptions as well as finishing up with an excellent clean up.
We are very satisfied with the installation ,and are happy to fully recommend Old West as a result of our experience.
Andrew Dudzinski

Hi Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your dealings with Old West. We do feel that our installation crews are the best in the city.It shows with the quality of workmanship they do. With the two manufacturer's we carry, we have something for every type of home & budget. Rick & Cory

Scott MacIver in Calgary
Scott MacIver in Calgary

New windows

Had our windows replaced December 2016 by old west windows and doors. They did a great job installing our new windows and a new patio door. Very professional and quality work. The problem we are having is our patio door was built incorrectly by the manufacturer so the patio door doesn't close properly creating a space for air to get in. Old west put up some temporary insulation to help and told us it would be a couple weeks to fix. It is now August and we still do not have a functioning patio door. Numerous phone calls and emails haven't done anything. They are having problems with their manufacturers which would be frustrating for them. But we receive no updates or a timeline unless we call numerous times. I'm not a person who gives out bad reviews especially because they do do good work. But the customer service after installation has been very frustrating.

Hi Scott,
We did have trouble with one of our suppliers. They were giving us dates that came & went. We were in contact with them weekly to fix the problem. You are right, we should have done a better job of contacting you back. We now have new people in place to contact our customers on a weekly basis, even if we do not have any new information.
Our manufacturers are starting to get back on track. They told us that we will not have any further problems with service parts. We thank our customers for their reviews. This makes sure we do our best for all of our customers.

jkawchuk in Calgary
jkawchuk in Calgary

window replacement

Great service, great price, professional and knowledgeable installers. Installers worked on an extremely cold January day and took the time to explain how windows work and asked if we had any questions before they left for the day. Will recommend to others and use them again without hesitation for our future window needs.

Hi J Kawchuk, Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Old West. Our installation crews were hand picked by Cory & myself years ago. We know a lot of people in the industry, so we find the best, and it shows. Rick & Cory

More about Calgary Window Renovations Ltd.

WHY CALGARY WINDOW RENOVATIONS LTD ?
When looking to replace your windows and doors, you deserve a company with experience and dedication to provide you with superior product. At Calgary Window Renovations, we take the time to understand what your needs are and help guide you to make a decision that's right for you. With our customer focused team, you will work with individuals who have experience, knowledge, and a passion for windows and doors.

THE CWR FAMILY
Calgary Window Renovations Ltd prides itself on being a family owned and run business. With over 40 years in the window & door industry, our family has worked in all areas from building & manufacturing the windows and doors, to sales and installation. With this family-combined industry knowledge and experience, the CWR family has been serving Calgary for over 4 decades with quality, unsurpassed craftsmanship, and great customer service. We stake our reputation on our commitment to your satisfaction.

OUR MISSION
At Calgary Window Renovations, we are on a mission:

"To provide high quality and energy efficient products, increasing the appearance and value or your home."

Our professional sales representatives and installers work to ensure that your home's unique needs are met.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Vinyl & Colored Exterior Vinyl Windows, Metal Clad Vinyl, Metal Clad Wood Windows, Steel and Fibreglass Doors, Stainable Fibreglass Doors, Vinyl & Metal Clad Patio Doors, Wood Patio and Garden Doors
Our Window & Doors Experts will meet with you at your home to discuss & recommend the best solutions to fit your needs. We offer Supply Only, Supply & Install Services, Full Frame Replacement, New openings, Opening Alterations. We also have companies we can recommend to you for painting and staining services, interior window coverings to give you a one stop shopping experience.
WE are an Authorized Dealer for Durabuilt Windows & Doors
Slider, Single Hung, Double Hung, Casement, Awning ,Picture, Bay & Bow Windows, Entry Door Systems, Patio, Garden, French Swinging Doors,
We Specialize in High energy efficient Vinyl , Metal Clad Wood, Window & Door Products. Our Window Technicians take pride in making sure your investment is installed the right way the first time. Your window & door renovation will be an easy & comfortable experience, GUARANTEED
2018
Cash, Cheque, Visa , MasterCard
Licensed & Insured
Approved Contractor for the Alberta Energy Efficiency Rebate Program BBB Accredited Business
No Minimum