Cando Renovations

Reviews for Cando Renovations

David L. from Pickering
David L. from Pickering
8 reviews Pickering, ON

Range hood venting for return customer

I previously had a load bearing wall removed by Bert in 2015 and knew the excellent work he did for that job at a good price. So I was a bit hesitant contacting him for a smaller job, but to my surprise he was happy to come have a look and quoted me a fair price.

Bert was able to fit me in with his other work within the week. Not only did he do a great job putting in the venting for my gas range (on an interior wall), he came in under budget!

Bert's experience in the business is what sets him apart, doing huge jobs in six figure amounts, but you wouldn't know it when he walks in your door. Honest and humble gentleman who wants even small jobs done right.

We will continue to use Bert and his team for as long as he's in business!

Thank you for allowing Cando Renovations to help with your venting It was a pleasure working with you. Cheers. Bert

Angela in Caledon
Angela in Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Load bearing wall removal

I contacted Bert based on his reviews and I was not disappointed with the work he did. Bert and his team efficiently removed a load bearing wall separating my kitchen to the living room and installed a 21 foot steel beam flush mounted to the ceiling. Bert was was able to complete the job in the time frame he estimated and his price was competitive and fair he also kept his word on his quote once the job was completed. Bert and his team were very patient and polite. I would hire Cando again!

ThNk you for allowing Cando Renovation to remove your load bearing wall. It was a pleasure working for you. Thank you for the lunch. Cheers. Bert

D Richmond in Whitby
D Richmond in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Garage repair, previous major home additions

Bert has completed four significant separate jobs for us. Each job was completed on time and in a highly satisfied manner. A couple of these tasks had significant challenges to be overcome and Cando came to the rescue. I my opinion many contractors would have been intimidated by these jobs or would have priced them very high. Cando, led by Bert, did a masterful job in each case. Cando are highly efficient, focused on the time line and on budget. In short, a rare contractor. Overall, I rank Cando and Bert exceptional. They will definitely do my next job too, whatever that may be. Satisfied customer: D Richmond.

Doug as always you put us to the test. Thank you for allowing us to help with your renovation. Cheers. Bert

Jim.V in Kitchener
Jim.V in Kitchener

Main Floor Reno

Our main floor was a family room with brick fireplace on one side and a combination living/dining room with a galley kitchen in the middle. We wanted an open concept design and needed to remove 2 loadbearing walls to do it so we contacted Bert after reading great reviews online. We were really impressed with our initial conversations with Bert and asked him to be our general contractor for the entire project.
We had a pretty extensive wish list which included the new floors, ceilings, walls, staircase, fireplace, window and doors.
Bert completed the job on time and on budget and he and his team were amazingly responsive, attentive to detail and very respectful of our home and our neighbours. Bert is great to deal with- incredibly knowledgeable about every aspect of the project with a valuable network of skilled tradespeople and vendors in the area. We are thrilled with the results and are already planning to use Cando for future renovations on our basement and upper level. We would readily recommend Bert to any of our friends or family.

I was a pleasure working for you. Thank you for the great review. Cheers. Bert

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Load Bearing Wall Removal and Beam Installation

He Came, He Saw, He Conquered.

Bert took down two walls and installed 2 large wood beams within half a day. He had the right equipment and a solid team to make sure the project was fast and efficient.

Bert was a great guy to do business with and followed true to his word.

Thank you for allowing Cando renovations to remove your Load Bearing Walls It was a pleasure working with you both. Cheers. Bert

Kdawg in
Kdawg in
1 review Bowmanville, ON

Load bearing wall removal

There is no one I would recommend more than Bert and his crew to remove a load bearing wall! They were fast and efficient, clean and when we made small changes to our original idea they were very obliging to work with us, Bert always answered us when we called or text, this might seem unimportant but it shows his commitment to keeping his customers happy! He charged us EXACTLY what the original qoute was even after we made changes to the original plan, keep up the good work guys! Kevin Davidson From Bowmanville

Thank for the great review. It was a pleasure working for you.
Cheers Bert

Cameron in Whitby
Cameron in Whitby

Kitchen Reno Prep

Bert came in to see us right away and discuss our kitchen renovation plans, offer his suggestions, and schedule a start date. He and his team made themselves available to start even earlier than originally scheduled which was great for us. We had a change in our plan that meant erasing work they'd already completed and he accommodated us 100%. They were in and out so quick. Thank you, Guys!

Thank you for letting Cando renovations help with your Reno needs Cheers. Bert

Greg in Toronto
Greg in Toronto

Load bearing wall removal. Metal Ibeam put in

Burt and his crew did an amazing job on the removal of the wall and placement of the beam. They were finished within two days, and cleaned up after themselves, and were gone.

Thank you Greg for allowing us to remove your Load Bearing Wall. It was a pleasure to work for you and thanks for the beers on completion. Cheers. Bert

mikster in Toronto
mikster in Toronto

LOAD BEARING WALL REMOVAL

I contact Bert for a load bearing wall removal in my basement he was professional and easy to deal with. Willing to work with my budget at a very reasonable price. I contact multiple contractors for the job and every single one of them settled for a phone snap photo of the wall I wanted to remove except for Bert he said he rather be on site to check it out that itself tells you how serious he is about my business and his work. His crew came in and finished the job in a jiffy! The final product looked amazing his crew was amazing and nice. Will re-hire and recommend for sure! Thanks again Bert for making this happen.

Thank you for the great review it was a pleasure to help you with the Load Bearing Wall Removal. Cheers. Bert

PARVIZ in Mississauga
PARVIZ in Mississauga

Load bearing wall removal

Bert and his team did a fantastic job in our house.
He was on time, cared on details and quality of installation. I am very happy with his job and recommend him to anyone who need such a service

Thank you for the opportunity to do your Load Bearing Wall Removal It was a pleasure working for you. Cheers. Bert

More about Cando Renovations

**Specializing in Load Bearing Wall Removal**

Cando Renovations Inc ( Bert de Haan)started renovations in 1975
We do all home and office renovations
We take pride in our work
Owner operated
We always put the customer's needs first.
On time and on budget renovations.

Convert your bathtub into a shower with the Safeway Step. Save thousands!
Installed for you in two hours.

Our services include:
**Load bearing wall removal and engineering**
Custom kitchen & bathroom cabinets, Ceramic, Slate, Marble tile work, Plumbing, Gas fire places, In floor heating

We also are experts in wheelchair- handicapped accessible renovations. Windows, doors, siding. soffit facia, Skylights.