Cando Renovations

HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Vaughan  >  Cando Renovations

Reviews for Cando Renovations

Jason in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Bert was referred to us by a friend. They recently had their bathroom renovated and said he had done an excellent job. So I gave him a call to see about renovating our master bathroom and removing a wall on the main floor to open up the kitchen and living room. I contacted Bert and he came by the following day and provided me with an estimate. His price was fair and we decided to move forward with the renovation. Bert and his team started work the following week. They showed up on time and completed the job ahead of schedule. They did an amazing job on the bathroom. The removal of the wall really opened up the main floor. Bert and his team got rid of all the waste and left my house tidy. My wife really like that. Bert and his team were definitely professionals. I would surely hire him again.

Jason

Jason thank you for the great review. it was a pleasure working for you. Cheers Bert

Terry D. in Mississauga

We recently had Bert and his team remove a load bearing wall for us. I contacted Bert in the evening and he was able to come by the very next day to take a look at the scope of work and give us a quote.

We were thrilled that he was able to fit us into his schedule the very next week (within 3 working days of first contacting him). Bert and his team were extremely professional and efficient with the work. They had to install 2 steel beams and 3 posts to support the beams.

It was not easy work and there were some unforeseen issues which resulted in additional work having to be done. However, I was never stressed or worried as Bert really knows his stuff and he was able to come up with the solution and successfully complete the job. He was also very forthcoming about additional costs - which were very reasonable given the amount of work done.

I would not hesitate to recommend Bert and his team to anyone. They were also very neat and cleaned up after themselves once the job was done. Thank you Bert and team for the great job that you did!

Thank you allowing Cando Renovations to help with your Load Bearing wall removal. it was pleasure working with you please thank your parents for sitting tirelessly for 5 days .I know they are here on a Holliday. I guess that is what parents do . cheers Bert

Joe P in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

We just had our wall removed by Bert and his team at Cando Renovations and the job that these guys did went beyond our expectations...So far and beyond the minimum requirements didnt exist anymore....My wife and I are way more than happy of the result...My only "concern" during the 2-day job they did was that these guys showed up too early..LOL...

Again, Bert and your crew, thank you so much...

Joe and Celeste
Ajax

Sorry for showing up on time thank you for allowing us to look after your Load Bearing wall removal cheers Bert

Z.B. in Vaughan

Bert came as promised, managed to squeeze this job in his schedule, and delivered a quick and great job. Good and professional job done in record time. Even though he had to adjust his work (not due to his problem) he made sure that it is being done the right way.

Thank you for having us work with you on your Load Bearing wall removal. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any other projects cheers Bert

Sharee in Toronto
1 review Whitby, ON

We first hired Bert and his team in Dec. 2015 to remove a load bearing wall.

They were very accommodating in keeping the mess/dirt to a minimum with having a baby in the home. The pricing was fair and had it done in a day in a half. Because we were so pleased, when it came time to fix up the basement in-law apartment, we hired him again. We had the drop down ceiling replaced with drywall ceiling and installed pot lights; replaced bathroom tub with a walk-in shower. They were able to extend the length of the kitchen counter by matching up the existing countertop and cupboards. You wouldn’t even know it was extended after the fact. Bert & his crew were able to start earlier than anticipated. They were always here on time, very friendly, always cleaning up the area at the end of the day and have attention to detail. Every time I asked about something, they were already on it. Bert under promises and over delivers has great suggestions and is honest which can be hard to come by these days. We’ll definitely use them again for our next project.

Thank you for having us return and help with your renovations needs.it was a pleasure working with you. Cheers Bert

ladydee_63 in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
1 review Pickering, ON

We called Bert to provide a quote on the Removal of a load bearing wall. He stopped in the same day, reviewed the drawings, spoke with the structural engineer and provide a quote.

My husband was very impressed as Bert was able to do the job the next week!

Bert and his team did great job! Plus he came in on budget.

We are so happy with our open concept !!

Thank you for allowing Cando to do your Load bearing wall removal it was a pleasure working with you. Cheers. Bert

David L. from Pickering
6 reviews Pickering, ON

I previously had a load bearing wall removed by Bert in 2015 and knew the excellent work he did for that job at a good price. So I was a bit hesitant contacting him for a smaller job, but to my surprise he was happy to come have a look and quoted me a fair price.

Bert was able to fit me in with his other work within the week. Not only did he do a great job putting in the venting for my gas range (on an interior wall), he came in under budget!

Bert's experience in the business is what sets him apart, doing huge jobs in six figure amounts, but you wouldn't know it when he walks in your door. Honest and humble gentleman who wants even small jobs done right.

We will continue to use Bert and his team for as long as he's in business!

Thank you for allowing Cando Renovations to help with your venting It was a pleasure working with you. Cheers. Bert

Angela in Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

I contacted Bert based on his reviews and I was not disappointed with the work he did. Bert and his team efficiently removed a load bearing wall separating my kitchen to the living room and installed a 21 foot steel beam flush mounted to the ceiling. Bert was was able to complete the job in the time frame he estimated and his price was competitive and fair he also kept his word on his quote once the job was completed. Bert and his team were very patient and polite. I would hire Cando again!

ThNk you for allowing Cando Renovation to remove your load bearing wall. It was a pleasure working for you. Thank you for the lunch. Cheers. Bert

D Richmond in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Bert has completed four significant separate jobs for us. Each job was completed on time and in a highly satisfied manner. A couple of these tasks had significant challenges to be overcome and Cando came to the rescue. I my opinion many contractors would have been intimidated by these jobs or would have priced them very high. Cando, led by Bert, did a masterful job in each case. Cando are highly efficient, focused on the time line and on budget. In short, a rare contractor. Overall, I rank Cando and Bert exceptional. They will definitely do my next job too, whatever that may be. Satisfied customer: D Richmond.

Doug as always you put us to the test. Thank you for allowing us to help with your renovation. Cheers. Bert

Jim.V in Kitchener
1 review Whitby, ON

Our main floor was a family room with brick fireplace on one side and a combination living/dining room with a galley kitchen in the middle. We wanted an open concept design and needed to remove 2 loadbearing walls to do it so we contacted Bert after reading great reviews online. We were really impressed with our initial conversations with Bert and asked him to be our general contractor for the entire project.
We had a pretty extensive wish list which included the new floors, ceilings, walls, staircase, fireplace, window and doors.
Bert completed the job on time and on budget and he and his team were amazingly responsive, attentive to detail and very respectful of our home and our neighbours. Bert is great to deal with- incredibly knowledgeable about every aspect of the project with a valuable network of skilled tradespeople and vendors in the area. We are thrilled with the results and are already planning to use Cando for future renovations on our basement and upper level. We would readily recommend Bert to any of our friends or family.

I was a pleasure working for you. Thank you for the great review. Cheers. Bert

More about Cando Renovations

Cando Renovations Inc ( Bert de Haan)started renovations in 1975
We do all home and office renovations
We take pride in our work
Owner operated
We always put the customer's needs first.
On time and on budget renovations.

Convert your bathtub into a shower with the Safeway Step. Save thousands!
Installed for you in two hours.

Our services include:
Load bearing wall removal and engineering, Custom kitchen & bathroom cabinets, Ceramic, Slate, Marble tile work, Plumbing, Gas fire places, In floor heating

We also are experts in wheelchair- handicapped accessible renovations. Windows, doors, siding. soffit facia, Skylights.