HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Toronto  >  Affordable Plumbing (GTA Backflow)

Review for Affordable Plumbing (GTA Backflow)

cybercrone in Dundas
cybercrone in Dundas

Fix leaking taps, pipes

Had two 3 small jobs -a leaking furnace hose, a faucet leaking at the cylinder and one leaking at the drain.
The hose and drain were fixed fine, the cylinder needed replacing and they had to get a part. That was Thursday. Promised to phone on Friday night let me know whether the part was obtained. Promised to come on Monday and fix as all in pieces, unusable.
Didn't phone Friday, Didn't phone or show up Monday. I phoned late Monday and again Tuesday, they said they couldn't get in touch with the guy who had done the job. Second call on Tuesday told them to get the part - if the first guy already had gotten it they could return that, but I needed the job done. They showed up Wednesday without calling, just as I was about to leave, without the part. They had told me in a previous phone call that the place they went to get the part was closed up, so I had given them the number of the mfr, which I got from Google. They said it would be a two hour charge at twice the hourly rate of any plumber I have used recently to get the part.
The hourly rate was a big shock too, though I suppose I should have checked, but just assumed plumbers all charged about the same.
So, I've asked for the part to be mailed, and will get a new plumber.
Bill Mackie, the owner, was pleasant on the phone, but unorganised and ineffectual - and sounded like he's had way too much practice at apologizing.
Avoid like the plague!