HomeStars  >  Drain Services in Oshawa  >  Plumbing Medic

Reviews for Plumbing Medic

Raquel
Raquel
1 review Udora, ON

Request to replace my existing pump to a new one already provided by on site.

There was no work, he looked at it and said the entire sump needed an upgrade even though it's still working. He asked for 50.00 dollars to tell that and gave me a high estimate to still change the pump I requested.

Hi Raquel I'm sorry you are disappointed in our service it seems like you may have required more work to make the pump work properly

Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any concerns

Dwayne in Pickering Village
Dwayne in Pickering Village
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Kitchen sink clog

Fantastic group to work with! After a clog in our kitchen that other plumbers through the Enercare Home Protection Plan couldn't solve, Plumbing Medic stepped in and had it fixed within 24 hours! Great customer service too along the way as they took ownership of the problem and just got it done. Home Protection Plan cancelled, will just go directly to them from now on.

BK
BK

septic blockage

It was explained to me on the phone by Derek, the owner, that a service person would come and survey the situation with a scope, and the cost would be deducted from the subsequent repair work. I asked what would happen if I decided not to proceed, and was told that I would be responsible for $49. When the serviceman arrived, he explained that I was now responsible for $350 ( tax), which would be deducted from the subsequent work if I decided to proceed. I explained the $49, and he said that was just for him to visually look at the septic pipe (which is below ground and therefore not visible), not to scope it. Scoping was the entire purpose of my request for a visit. The scoping and entire visit took 30 minutes, thus $350 seems excessive, even considering that the equipment is expensive. The estimate to complete the work was $3,500. I checked with another plumbing company, and their price was $1,200 for the exact same work. I felt that I was mislead concerning the cost of the initial visit, plus the cost of the subsequent work was hugely inflated. I would obviously never recommend this company to a friend (or enemy). In fairness, the owner has told me that he believes he informed me about the $350 in advance. I can only say that I was shocked when I heard of $350 at the time of the visit, thus my memory of that phone conversation is not the same as the owner.
Conclusion for other prospective customers: be suspicious and very direct in getting a price up front before the truck arrives, and in specifying the exact cost if further work is not done.

Hi folks this customer and I have a bit of history it seems like he is more upset with our pricing opposed to our service but none of the other area plumbers where able to scope the drain and provided an estimated on about half the work that we had quoted hopefully you don't hold this review against us

They say a bad review amongst all the good ones is ok once in a while. We are very sorry this customer has chosen the low road

PETER
PETER
1 review Georgina, ON

Locate pipe location

They were a great help, quick fast service. They did exactly what I asked for. Using their camera in the pipe located which way pipe went.

Thanks Peter glad we could help out

anonimous
anonimous
1 review Orillia, ON

Shut-off leak

The inside shut off to my outside hose outlet was dripping into the basement. I called in the afternoon and the plumber came the next morning and replaced the shutoff in about 20 minutes with supplies he had on his truck. Charge was a bit steep, but I am prepared to forgive this because of the efficient service.

douglas
douglas
1 review Peterborough, ON

Plugged sewer line from downstairs laundry tub

The response to my service call was only a few hours.
The work was done quickly, neatly, with courtesy, humor and professionalism.

Thanks Doug appreciate the review glad we could help

tweetums
tweetums
1 review Little Britain, ON

Clogged pipe

Showed up when they said they would. Had to come back the next day. Prompt, polite, quick results.Very pleased with the service.

KIMBERLY G.
KIMBERLY G.
2 reviews Baldwin, ON

Tap repair due to leak

So pleased with the knowledge of the plumber, Bruce, who identified the problem immediately. Repaired within 5 minuets, so pleased with quick service and repair. Will recommend this company and use for future issues

greenjeans75
greenjeans75
1 review Ennismore, ON

REPAIR PUMP IN BASEMENT TOILET

Kyle was a wonderful worker and a great person to have in our home. He was dedicated to our job, even refusing to go to another when asked by management, until he had completed the task in our home. Kyle was a great ambassador of Plumbing Medic.

robmo21
robmo21
1 review Cameron, ON

Hot water tank replacement and kictchen tap repacement

Replaced hot water tank when we turn on hot water the system spits why? we have tried three times to turn on tps then flush toilet does not work we dont know what to do now.

Please give us a call so we can come take a look again

More about Plumbing Medic

Plumbing Medic is a family owned and operated business with a distinct approach. Run by husband and wife team Kevin and Lianne, we make sure our family approach translates into all aspects of our business, including who we hire! We don’t believe in high pressure sales or having our plumbers work on commission, so we hire talented tradespeople who enjoy solving plumbing problems and appreciate our model of upfront pricing.
***
You want someone who gives you honest answers to your questions and honest solutions to your plumbing problem. And that’s exactly what we do. Whether you need emergency plumbing services or help installing a new toilet or sink, Plumbing Medic will give you the honest service you’re looking for.
***
Honesty is our policy at Plumbing Medic. We give our customers upfront pricing so there are no unnecessary extras added to your bill. Our employees do not work on a commission so you will never be pressured to buy something you don’t want. Plumbing Medic’s uniformed technicians will guide you through your repair from start to finish. If we encounter an unexpected problem, we will inform you before proceeding further.
***
What do we do? I like to say that we can look after your plumbing from tank to tap – or sewer, depending on where you live.
***
After we’ve made the repairs and you’ve got your basement and backyard back to normal, if you decide that you need a luxurious spa-like bathroom, we are also happy to create one for you.

Service Areas are: