McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services

Reviews for McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services

Bridletowne Circle Co-op in Toronto
Bridletowne Circle Co-op in Toronto

Tree Pruning

Great service, great work, great price. We've used McDonald Forestry for a number of jobs, large and small. Their work is performed in a timely and thorough manner. Their price has always been very competitive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company for your tree care needs.

Michael and Eve in Junction from Toronto
Michael and Eve in Junction from Toronto

Tree Prruning

Once again we had Steve and his assistant come out to prune the tree in the backyard. Once again he did a thorough and great job. Steve's work year after year is the reason our tree has stayed so healthy. Did an excellent clean-up as well - the yard was left in immaculate state and he provided us with his latest observations as to what future work might need to be done to keep the tree in good health going forward. Highly recommended.

Tree and weeds cutting

I highly recommend Macdonald
Forestry to whoever in need of tree services. Steve and his crew are very professional, thorough and efficient. They provided the services under a short notice; arrived on time; worked expeditiously and wrapped up
Everything within the estimated time span. They made sure there were no debris left behind. Everywhere you look is clean and tidy. Not only me but also my neighbour was impressed by the works. By the way, Steve is quite a gentleman, courteous and chivalrous, always get the door for lady!

Tree and weeds cutting

I highly recommend Macdonald
Everything within the estimated time span. They made sure there were no debris left behind. Everywhere you look is clean and tidy. Not only me but also my neighbour was impressed by the works. By the way, Steve is quite a gentleman, courteous and chivalous, always get the door for lady!

Roy from Toronto
Roy from Toronto

Major Branch Removal and Cleanup

We had a very large branch fall off of our tree into our neighbours yard on Tuesday leaving a remaining branch poised to fall off onto our roof and a wind storm scheduled for Saturday. Steve came and offered a quote on Wednesday and came back on Friday. He took down the branch very quickly and at a very reasonable price given the limited access to our property. He also cleaned up all of the deadfall. He was very professional and courteous.

Noel from Toronto
Noel from Toronto

Tree Removal

I came to know McDonald Forestry through Homestars and contacted them. I e-mailed them for a quote to remove our infested ash, dead cedar and birch trees. Steve promptly replied. They came early in the morning as scheduled; started their work as soon as they came in and finished the work (including the cleaning of the site) within 2 hours. Steve is friendly, professional and highly skilled arborist. His crew are likewise highly skilled. I highly recommend McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services.

Gillian from Toronto
Gillian from Toronto

Tree and stump removal

Don't look any further, this is the company you should hire for your tree service needs. I emailed for a quote and Steve came out the next day to look at our yard. He was friendly, professional and took the time to offer suggestions about a couple of trees in our yard. When he came back to complete the job he went out of his way to discard some of our previously cut branches and when I offered him extra money he refused it. In addition, he dug up some of our roots himself, and even removed another stump that we didn't discuss in our quote. The guys that he had working with him that day were also very friendly, professional and polite; one of them asked a couple of times if we were happy with the work and if there was anything else we would like him to do.
Overall we are so pleased that we decided to hire McDonald Forestry. I would not hesitate to use them again in the future and to recommend them to family and friends. You will not be disappointed!

Louisa from Toronto
Louisa from Toronto

Pruning

I would absolutely recommend McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services. Steve came out and quoted the work needed to be done on our trees, he was upfront and very honest (suggested waiting on pruning 3 of our trees as they were not doing well and would most likely need cutting down at a later date) His team were professional and friendly, they were punctual and did a great job with pruning and clearing up. We definitely will have Steve and his team as our tree care specialists whenever we need our trees taken care of. Anyone using them will be in excellent hands :)

Thank you so much Louisa for taking the time to write a review! It was my pleasure working for you and I looking forward to seeing you again!

All the best,

Steve McDonald

dh from Toronto
dh from Toronto

Tree removal

We moved to a new North York location in Dec 14.

House had a dead ash and cedar tree in back yard; a large apple tree blocking a bedroom window, and a storm-damaged birch in the front yard. All required removal.

Contacted a well known tree-removal company whose estimate was over 4k to do this work.

l then contacted McDonald Forestry and the owner (Steve McDonald) arrived the next day. We reviewed my plans and Steve demonstrated the flexibility in pricing and tree removal solutions l was happy with.

Company had to reschedule one day due to -40C weather, but Steve kept me well apprised of his scheduling issues....this is the kind of professionalism l expect in a contractor.

Team showed up on time, Steve walked me through his removal plan, and they set to work. Professional and safe set-up.

Team removed all brush and debris and even the sawdust from the snow in the front yard!

Given the quality of workmanship and professionalism Steve and his team showed, as well as a price half that of a well-known competitor, l wouldn't hesitate to use them again, or refer them to any customer.

Brenda from Thornhill
Brenda from Thornhill

Tree cutting

I needed a tree cut back as it was damaged by the ice storm and branches were constantly hitting our roof and were hanging over our neighbours yard. I called Steve and he gave me a couple of options. Steve and his crew came to do the work and pruned back the tree. He did a great job, was very professional and knowledgeable and cleaned up the yard afterwards. Lots of sunlight coming through now. I would recommend Steve without hesitation.

More about McDonald Forestry Tree Care Services

At McDonald Forestry we take great pride in providing you with the best tree services in the GTA area. From tree removal, tree pruning, stump removal, tree planting, storm damage we do it all when it comes to your trees! ! !