Carmor Construction & Renovations

Reviews for Carmor Construction & Renovations

Shamim in Toronto
Shamim in Toronto

Front porch enclosure and 2nd floor door and window replacement

Overall, we had a very good experience with Rob and his team. We hired him to enclose our porch (4 season room) and renovate a wall section in a 2nd floor room to address heat loss. Our house has 110 years of charm, such as walls that aren't level and rotting wood, so it was a challenging project.

Of all the contractors I interviewed for this project, I felt that Rob had the best balance of knowledge, professionalism and experience. He thoroughly answered all my questions, listened to my concerns, and responded to issues. He was enjoyable company during breaks too!

We were able to get an end to end solution, including permits, drawings and surveying done through Rob's connections. Rob also organized all sub-contracted work (electrical, roofing) and managed our expectations regarding that work. Lastly, he also dealt with the building inspectors and ensured that all our permits were closed when the work was completed.
Having Rob manage those parts of the project gave us peace of mind.

We're pleased with the end results: 1) a well built, energy efficient mudroom with custom staircase, custom cabinets and heated floor. This enclosure has improved first floor comfort levels and provides a lovely and practical entrance. 2) a renovated west-facing wall in our family room which no longer lets in any cold air (new insulation, door and window) and is a very comfortable room to be in.

We also appreciated Rob's assistance on smaller extra things like strengthening my son's crib and installing our cat door.

This project did take a little longer than planned, but the results were worth the wait. We recommend Rob and his team for any work involving beautiful woodwork or renovating a very old house. He knows what he's doing and it shows.

Review has 1 previous version
Ed in Mississauga
Ed in Mississauga

Replace Front Porch

I hired Rob and his team to replace my front porch and they did a great job!
They recommended Mahogany for the floor and it looks fantastic!
I also had to get some brick work done on the side pillars and a new eavestrough along the front of the house and the sub-contractors he hired also did a great job.
I would definitely recommend and use Carmor again!

Anoop in Toronto
Anoop in Toronto

Front porch enclosure

I needed someone to help enclose my front porch, and i am so lucky i found Rob! I wasn't aware of the complexity of obtaining permits, bringing in inspectors, etc. Rob was magnificent in managing all of this, connecting me to an architect who represented me all the way to closing the permits.
There's a couple of things Rob's team brings to the table to help deal with a stressful project:
1. Responsiveness: Rob always calls you back
2. Temperament: Rob knows there are challenges, and he only proposes solutions, never complains.
3. Quality: I couldn't be happier with the end result
4. Network: His experience has allowed him to create a huge virtual team that does everything under the sun.

Alex C.
Alex C.

Full backyard reno

Rob and his team completed our backyard reno which included tearing out a mudroom, new roof, new fence all around and a split-level deck. They did a great job and clearly has a ton of knowledge and experience and offered advice for anything we asked (backyard related or not)! We're so happy with the result, we would definitely recommend.

Marcos
Marcos

Enclosing porch - The beaches

After checking with three contractors to partially enclose our porch. We got the recommendation from a neighbor to contact Rob . He did a great job and his experience and knowledge were just perfect. He knows the best materials , work on a pace that wants to delivery quality and resilience to the job. I do recommend him.

Tim in Toronto
Tim in Toronto

Porch Renovation

I reached out to Rob as he had renovated a few porches in my neighbourhood and I liked the quality of the work I saw. Rob was very helpful throughout design and construction and the lines of communication were as open as I could imagine throughout the process which is very important. Rob handled the few snags we hit along the way well and though the project took a bit longer than expected it was well worth it as our porch was transformed and has became a vitally important part of our house. Rob was especially courteous as we had a baby at home at the time and he worked around the baby sleep schedule which was above and beyond.

Mathabo
Mathabo
2 reviews Barrie, ON

Porch replacement

We had to replace our from porch. Rob let us know up front that the start date may be delayed, and when it was started the timing worked to allow us to have access to the porch lift when we needed to. Rob was professional and personable. The porch is great and a number of our neighbor also love it. Looking forward to working with Robert and family in the future on more renovation jobs.

I hope you and your mom will get many hours of enjoyment from your new porch.

Mark E.
Mark E.

Second Floor Addition (2 berm, 1 bath)

We hired Carmor Construction for the addition of a second floor to our (former) bungalow. Rob and his team were always punctual, pleasant, easy to communicate with and were understanding of our project goal. Their work was top notch, and the project moved along quite quickly. Would hire again, for sure.

Glad to hear that you and your family are happy with your new second floor.

Gavin M.
Gavin M.

Front Porch Renovation

Rob came exactly as advertised, delivering the product we asked for and anticipated. His attention and dedication to quality, created the foundation for a final product that has hit every mark we targeted, specifically functionality and an aesthetic marvel within the neighbourhood. We've had many within the community indicate how they themselves will now will consider similar work. Rob was also very engaged in post project follow up, to ensure we're happy and comfortable with the outcome and to make himself available to manage and rectify a few very minor unforeseen issues that cropped up - the attention to service and the client experience was very notable and appreciated. If you're looking for top quality work, product and service, Rob is your guy.

Thanks for the review Gavin. Hope your new porch enclosure serves you and your family for many years to come.

Ian
Ian

Porch Replacement

We hired Carmor to completely replace our front porch. As part of the project, we also had them arrange for spray foam insulation and build some retaining walls under the porch to improve storage. We had good, comprehensive and informative discussions about options for materials, finishes and designs. The workmanship is excellent quality, and we're extremely happy with the results. I'd have no hesitation recommending them for your project

Thanks for your kind words and I hope you enjoy your porch for many years to come.

More about Carmor Construction & Renovations

50 years of experience in the carpentry, design, and construction industry, serving home owners in South and Central Ontario.

In addition to our own professional services, we have created a network of other specialized tradespeople, each with a minimum of 20 years of experience. These trades include, but are not limited to plumbing, electrical, masonry, roofing, and HVAC. Our history with these trades ensures a smoother more comprehensive completion to your job.

We can provide that personal and professional touch for any project.

Personalized service one customer at a time!

Fully insured and licensed.

Carpenters, Decks, and Basement Renovation
Experience in working with all manner of wood products and can recommend the appropriate materials for your desired look and utility. In addition to Pine, Spruce, Cedar, and Poplar, we also work with more artisan species such as Maple, Oak, American Cherry, Walnut, and Ash. Exotic species including but not limited to Rosewood, Teak, Mahogany, Gum-wood, and Ebony, may also be sourced for your particular project. We also have sources for both domestic and exotic veneered products.
Services provided include total home renovations, additions, custom cabinetry and fine trim work, historical restorations, new and refacing of kitchens, custom porches and decks, and lots more.
-Distributor for Colonial Post and Column -Stealth Touch-ups and Onsite Finishing -quality hardware from Richelieu Hardware
Due to the custom nature of the business, we are capable of any multitude of styles.
Historical Restoration Custom Decks and Porches Kitchen, Basement, Bar, and Built-In Cabinetry
1986