Just Clean It Quality Home Solutions

Renovation Cleaning
Toronto ON M1B 4L2
HomeStars  >  Renovation Cleaning in Toronto  >  Just Clean It Quality Home Solutions

Reviews for Just Clean It Quality Home Solutions

Tina from Markham

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

This is the most unreliable service I have ever dealt with! While Merlene is a wonderful housekeeper, the owners don't know how to run a business. When I have gone on vacation and left messages to reschedule my cleaning date, calls are not returned and I have come home to a house that was never cleaned at all! Even after returning home and calling them, there is no response! They often cancel my regularly scheduled cleaning without any advance notice or explination. I have been left with a dirty house numerous times and calls have not been returned ever! Do NOT hire this company! The only reason I tolerated for some time is due to Merlene, whom they obviously farm out at whim and disregard their regular clients.

Mary in T.O.
Mary in T.O.

Monthly cleaning

We have hired Just Clean It for several years now and their service has always been top-notch. Michelle sends out a reminder a few days before hand, and Andrew arrives and always does a fantastic job cleaning our home. We have a set monthly clean as we are two busy parents trying to manage working full-time and raising our kids. When we arrive home after a clean, it smells so fresh and is beyond spotless. At times, we've even asked Michelle to add-on cleaning jobs like (e.g. the oven, refrigerator and even steam cleaning the carpets) and although those are extra and aren't part of the standard clean, they're SO worth it.

We're more than happy to recommend Just Clean It for all your cleaning needs. Thanks Michelle & Andrew for helping us keep our sanity and a spotless home! Merry Christmas!

Homeowner from Toronto
Homeowner from Toronto

house cleaning

I've been a customer of Just Clean It for over a year. I appreciate the customer service with email reminders of my next cleaning, easy to update special cleaning requests, and professionalism. Our cleaner, Merlene, is fantastic. She takes pride her in work, is considerate of our family and property, and the quality of her work is top notch.

Peter-Thornhill from Markham
Peter-Thornhill from Markham

Post Renovation

I have chosen this company on the recommendation of my daughter and daughter in-law.
Andrew and the crew of 3 arrived well before the appointment, just to get ready for cleaning. They worked very diligently and had no problem to follow our specific demands. Crew was courteous and conscious of the fact the all walls were just freshly painted. Andrew was participating in cleaning and then checked areas cleaned by his staff.
Furthermore we asked them to come back for the carpet steam cleaning and again were happy with the work performed.
Would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends.

Hi Peter thank you for taking the time to write a review it is very much appreciated. I am glad that we were able to put the final touches on your newly renovated space. We look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.
Thank you for the laughter along the way :)

Andrea  from Toronto
Andrea from Toronto

Cleaning Service

We hired this firm to clean our recently purchased home. We knew the home was dirty and made the decision to hire a professional company to take on the task. I called and spoke to Michelle and was very clear: 2600 sq ft home, old home, dirty/grungy and needed a deep clean. Michelle gave me a quote of about 6 to 7hrs to clean the entire house. I agreed and went forward with the hire.

Andrew arrived with two other cleaners. A young lady and younger man. I toured them around the house and they initially said that the task was large and likely needed more help. They couldn't get more help so decided to begin.

They worked together, room by room. VERY SLOWLY and frankly not meticulously. After 4 hours, they were not through the kitchen. I found the young man cleaning with an old fashion feather duster - REALLY? DO YOU PEOPLE STILL USE THESE BESIDES FOR DRESS UP?

The dishwasher is still filthy (after 4 hours of work in the kitchen), walls are full of marks (which i removed with magic eraser), floors were left with white streaks (that i cleaned with Bona floor cleaner). Poor.

What i found most unprofessional was that Andrew kept telling me that i could "CALL IT" at any time and ask them to leave. I continually asked what he felt a realistic timeline would be and he could not give me a straight answer. Finally at 10 at night i asked Andrew and his team to leave. They had barely completed the main floor of the house and only the bathroom on the second floor - a total of 1200 square feet.

Most concerning was that Andrew and his staff claimed to not take a break throughout their cleaning. And they apparently only drank water and no food: 1:30 to 10pm.

So to summarize: half the sq ft and double the time suggested.

I understand that things can take longer than expected but my issues is with quoted timing and efficiency of work. Together they worked a total of 25.5 hours between the three cleaners.

I also found it very unprofessional to quote a suggested time needed to clean the home but severely grossly under estimate and continually ask me to "call it" when i was through with their services. I now have half a house to clean and will have to pay another $1000 to do so.

I would not use this company. I would not recommend this company. I would ask that they refund a portion of my bill to accommodate for feather dusting. I am happy to pay for 6.5 hours for what i was quoted but no more. I feel that this is a fair compromise for a realistic quote and slow service.

Finally, as per another comment made on this site: I would also question the age of the feather dusting young man on site.

Suz from Toronto
Suz from Toronto

Moving Day Cleaning

I do not recommend this company.

Andrew arrived an hour late. The second member of the cleaning team was a young boy (perhaps his son?), he looked to be 14 or 15 years old. This immediately concerned me, as I was expecting the cleaning team to consist of two professionally trained adults. We did a walk-through, Andrew said it was dirty but it would be fine. I returned to the condo after 4 hours, expecting most the job to be done. Instead, only the kitchen was clean (excluding the oven, Andrew said he was waiting for it to cool off after the self-clean). The boy was polishing a window, nothing else was clean. Andrew said he needed more time. It seemed to me that only Andrew was cleaning, the boy was doing very little. I came back again after 3 hours, fully expecting the cleaning to be complete (this was now a total of 7 hours of cleaning). I was shocked to find the condo still completely dirty. The boy was in the same place I'd last seem him, polishing the same window. The bill was now approaching $700 and they had not completed even half the job (please keep in mind, this is a small condo, only 840 sq ft). At this point I had to stop the cleaning, as I could no longer afford to pay more, nor did I think I should. I expressed my dissatisfaction to Andrew, mainly that I was paying for a two-person crew, yet only one person (Andrew) was actually cleaning. We stopped the clock at 10 pm. I asked for a price reduction, given the fact that only half the job was complete. Andrew refused, although he continued to clean a little longer off the clock (which I appreciated). The boy had completely given up even the premise of cleaning and stood motionless by the door, watching.

While the condo is cleaner than before, it is nowhere near the level of cleanliness I expect after 7 hours and $670 (total bill). The second bedroom wasn't cleaned at all (I borrowed Andrew's vacuum and vacuumed it myself). The ceiling vents, walls, and top of the fridge were also not cleaned. I opened the oven the next day and discovered it was still quite dirty. To be honest, I feel like I have to re-clean everything myself.

I am extremely unhappy. While the condo was dirty, I feel that a cleaning crew of two professional adults could have completed the job in 4 hours, perhaps 5 hours max. This has been my experience in the past with other companies. Even after 7 hours, the job is incomplete.

I strongly believe it was inappropriate and unprofessional to have a young boy working as the second team member. As far as I can tell, he did little more than clean the window. I asked Andrew how old the boy was; Andrew refused to reveal his age.

I also feel I was taken advantage of (paying for two cleaners when only one actually cleaned). Two people working at Andrew's pace would have easily completed the job in 4 hours.

I sent an email to the company the next day, requesting a partial refund based on the service I received. They refused. So be warned, their "24 Hour No Hassle Guarantee" means nothing.

In summary, I do not recommend this company. If you book their services and one of the team members is a very young looking boy, DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE CLEANING. You will pay twice as much for half the work.

I’ve been waiting for this review because this client actually told us she would tell everyone not to use our services so let me address her comments, I’m thinking it’s would be a crime to employ a child of 14 or 15 years of age when they should be in school, all of our cleaners are at least 18 years of age or older we do not base our hiring on the fact that someone looks young or old for their age. This appointment was scheduled for 1:30 in the afternoon and it would be a crime to have a young child working when they should be in school if she thinks this is the case my comment to her would be call an report cause a crime is being committed.

Secondly Andrew did arrive late however, what the client failed to mention is that a phone call was made to her in advance to let her know that they were running behind and that they would be there shortly. They arrived an hour and 20 minutes later, and she seemed to be okay she didn’t complain about it.

Upon arriving a walk-through of the space was done and actually the condition of the space was very, very neglected something that she also acknowledged, we're talking about borderline pestilence here it was that bad I'm sorry but I have to be honest here, the previous owners/tenants really neglected the space and to be honest it could have used an extra cleaner. But we don’t care we’re in the business of cleaning checkout our pictures at http://www.justcleanit.ca

The client was told up front that it would take at least 8 hours for the job to be completed, because the space is in such poor condition, yes the square footage is only 840 square feet but the condition of the space throws that out the door.

The rate of the cleaning was explained to her again and it was also explained to her that there is a 4 hour minimum and that after the 4 hours she can call time, it was also explained to her that she could also customize the cleaning she agreed to go ahead with the cleaning knowing that the estimated hours would be at least 8 hours, May I add that Just Clean It never starts a job without going over the rate with the client again, once the cleaners arrive we always let the client know the estimated hours it’s going to take in addition, the client also received an estimate by email we take these extra precautions so we are sure we have “meeting of the minds”, which we though we had but that quickly changed I guess when the 4 hour mark arrived and it wasn’t finished.

Let me also add that the client upgraded the bathroom cleaning to the deluxe bathroom cleaning package because the bathroom was in such poor condition she also added tile cleaning in the kitchen not to mention she added carpet cleaning service a few days before the appointment as well these things all add extra cost. I’ll break down the cost at the end.

Let me also address the oven situation, the client has a self cleaning oven which means that the oven cleans its self all we'd have to do is wait for the oven to cool down which she had a problem with because t when she came back the kitchen was cleaned but the oven still was hot and hadn’t been wiped out Andrew explained that he had to wait for it to cool down before he could put his hand in to wipe it, she had a problem with this and actually emailed the office regarding that. Once the oven cool down the oven was wiped thoroughly and during the final walk through she opened it was fine and when asked it was clean to her satisfaction the answer was “Yes”

The client returned at the 3 or 4 hour mark and was not pleased with the amount of work that was done it was at this point she started to ask the age of the cleaner, it was at this point she started saying and I quote "I don't know if I have enough money to pay for this" at that point Andrew again said to her do you want us to stop? She said “no”.

She started complaining that their not moving fast enough which is interested because she had just arrived and wasn't there to witness how fast they were moving. It's interesting that she didn't bother to mention that instead of the estimated time of 8 hours they manage to complete the cleaning in 7 hours and extra time was given to her off the clock that we didn't charge her for, I wonder why she neglected to mention that? Oh did I mention the whole entry space got cleaned because of the extra time that she didn’t pay for.

Also please note that normally the time it would take to clean a space of that size 840 square feet under normal conditions is 5-5.5 hours that is based on spaces we've cleaned of similar, Andrew also mentioned that to her.

After the cleaning was completed another walk-through was done with the client and her husband and was asked if everything was to their satisfaction, was everything okay with the cleaning her response "everything is great" let me also add that while the client was complaining her husband had to ask her to “stop talking and allow them to complete the work “he said “if there is anything we have an issue with they can complain about it later” may I add her husband never complained about anything, so I'm absolutely floored that she would say that she's unhappy with the cleaning and that she had to re-clean anything.

Let me also mentioned while she says that the second cleaner was standing motionless at the door the cleaning had already been done and the second cleaner had packed away the equipment and was waiting for the walk through to be completed and the billed to be settled which took sometime because she had it in her mind that she should only pay for the 4 hours even though she knew and it was repeated to her time and time again that she could stop the cleaning after the minimum of 4 hours, and was told that she could customize it ,the client decided to allow the cleaning to run it's entirety, she knew exactly what she was doing. I will break down the real cost and timing at the bottom of this response. Oh and another thing our teams always stand by the door once the cleaning is competed while the team leader settles the bill.

Just Clean It, has a 24 No Hassle Guarantee on all services, and the client was told that we will gladly come out to redo any work in question, I myself asked her what areas are you unhappy with? She didn’t respond; up to this very day she has not said “if it was a light switch a baseboard a toilet nothing not a word, because I’m thinking if you’re so dissatisfied and you’ve just spent $600 plus dollars wouldn’t you want the cleaners to come back to correct it I mean why would she have to do it her self? The company is not charging her any additional money to correct the work in question so I don’t understand.

What I do understand is her problem was the fact that the cleaning cost her more than she wanted to spend. So to recap Andrew did tell her the amount of hours it would take and she still agreed to have the cleaning and when asked if she wanted to stop she said “no” so sorry there would be no discount, however we did give her extra time off the clock.

I would like to sum this up by breaking things down the cleaning of the condo minus the additional service was $490, 7 hours instead of 8 hours which was originally quoted to her, if the client didn’t add the extras that she did that would have been her cost plus HST, the client added, tile cleaning in the kitchen, upgraded to our deluxe bathroom cleaning services, and added carpet cleaning which added another $180 to her bill. Please do the math here. The additional services added up but that was her choice the price of these services was told to her before they were performed.

I don’t know what more we as a company could have said or done to make the client understand but I know with out a doubt she was given all the information necessary for her to make an informed decision.

Housekeeping

REVISED- I gave this company 5 stars initially due to the housekeeper, Merlene who is fabulous, but have revised it to 0 stars as the company is completely unreliable. Please see my updated review. They regularly cancel appointments at the last minute and never return calls, to reschedule.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank You Tina, I knew Merlene would be a great fit for you her attention to detail is amazing so I knew she would get the job done right. All of our cleaners go through an extensive training program before they ever work alone in the field by themselves, I am thrilled to hear that Merlene is doing such a great great Job. Thank you for your continued support it is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

Catherine from Mississauga
Catherine from Mississauga
4 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Spring Cleaning

Andrew's team arrived on time and worked efficiently and methodically to complete a thorough cleaning of a very neglected apartment. His attention to detail and concern that all surfaces were gleaming sets a high standard for all cleaning professionals. It is important to note that this type of cleaning does take time and to realize the cost will reflect this but it is well worth the extra money. I would recommend this company to all.

Thank you so much Catherine! Our cleaners are real superstars and I'm glad that It came shining through. We put a lot of time into making sure that all of our cleaners have that eye for detail we want to make sure that all of our clients whether one time or regular always get fabulous service. I'm thrilled that your cleaning was a success and we thank you for choosing us, we hope to hear from you in the near future. Thank you for stopping by. Cheers. The Just Clean It Team.

Jessica & Rob
Jessica & Rob

Post Reno

AMAZING! Michelle was so patient with me in regards to booking a date. Cleaners worked SOOOO hard and my house went from a disaster zone to liveable and sparkling. This is the second time I've used them post reno and I would recommend them in a heart beat! Worth every penny.

Thank You Jessica & Rob, It was really a pleasure working with you. And I'm thrilled that we were able to help get your "disaster zone" looking absolutely Fabulous. Enjoy Your New Space And we Look forward to hearing from you in the near future all the best Cheers

More about Just Clean It Quality Home Solutions

Are you Looking For Post Construction Cleaning Services? Call Just Clean It Quality Home Solutions! If you are a builder or a homeowner and want your renovation, new build or construction cleaned up ready for occupancy then you need a professional cleaning company. Here's A Few Reasons why contractors and ...