69 Evergreen Drive Ottawa ON K2H 6C5

Best of 2018 winner 2 timesBest of 2018winner 2 times

Reviews for Safari Plumbing Ltd.

Alice  in Nepean
Alice in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Safari charged me about $1200 for clearing a blocked toilet drain in a condo terrace home

I noted some customers described Safari charges higher price / their bad experiences with Safari. I add my bad dealings with Safari that occurred a while ago, what I learnt from it so far and my recently-acquired knowledge of handling it. Safari got my credit card number beforehand and charged me about $1200 for clearing a blocked toilet drain in a condo terrace home. I had no plumbing knowledge and Safari was the 1st plumber I used. Safari plumber persuaded me to agree his work under his recommended Safari 1st option-snake through that he said would fix the blockage problem 99% of the time and would cost me about $300 including its $49 service fee and it's a good deal. But 20 minutes later, he asked me to go up to Safari 2nd option-toilet removal that cost me $1017 plus $49 service fee. I questioned Safari plumber that I relied/trusted his recommendation of the 1st option and had he told me in advance the 2nd option would cost me that much or recommended/quoted the 2nd option prior to the work, I definitely wouldn’t have agreed to his doing any work regardless it’s 1st or 2nd option and would have another plumber check the problem for a quote. As he didn't fix the problem, I asked if I disagreed with upgrading to Safari 2nd option, whether he’d only charge me $49 service fee. He firmly said if I disagreed, he’d leave and still charge me $300 1st option price even if he didn’t fix the problem, which I felt he held me to ransom. Under such pressure and in desperation, I had to agree to and pay $1200 for Safari 2nd option to clear the toilet drain.

3 months later, the same toilet backed up again. Water went down to lower unit house. I informed neighbour and condo property manager that I just paid Safari $1200 to fix backup problems. Shocked by such a high price, the property manager recommended Canada Plumbing Inc for a 2nd opinion. I described to Canada Plumbing and sent them Safari’s invoice that also described what Safar did. I understood then Safari would recommend its 1st option even if knowing it wouldn’t fix the problem and then ask customers to and customers usually have to go up to its 2nd option as Safari still charges its 1st option work if customers don’t accept its 2nd option. I knew then based on the problem description/onsite inspection, a slightly-experienced plumber would go straight with the work under Safari 2nd option and quote accordingly. I asked how much Canada Plumbing would charge for the same work done by Safari and they’d charge me $595 stated in writing.

Canada Plumbing was professional and advised me to contact Safari first as had I hired them, they’d have owed me a duty to check what caused toilet backups just 3 months after they’d fixed it. So I called Safari again. Mr. Sparling came for 5 minutes, said no toilet backups and would charge $49 service fee. I asked him what caused the toilet backups. He said he didn't know but insisted on charging $49 and would send it to collection agency for collection if I refused to pay. I reasoned with him I already paid him almost $1200 and for $49, I’d pay but I felt it’s unfair he charged the fee but couldn't tell me what might cause the backups. I asked him for an invoice and I’d pay. I mentioned I never dealt with plumbers and Safari was the 1st plumber I hired and based on what I got from another company, Safari excessively overcharged me. Mr. Sparling was very angry saying he wouldn’t charge the $49 and told me to never call them again and hung up on me.

I had no knowledge on how to handle such situation that Safari excessively overcharged me and feeling being held to ransom, I agreed its 2nd option work under pressure. Recently, I found out that information/process on the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services website also govern plumbing services; I can and did write to Mr. Sparling 3 emails with Safari invoice and Canada Plumbing written quote for the same work done by Safari attached to resolve the overcharge. He ignored me and never responded

Thank you for your comment. It did take us a while to locate your invoice and file as the work you are referring to took place in 2017. I am sorry that you feel this way. The plumber, while he was there, communicated with you by telephone. He gave you a quote prior to starting the work, you agreed to the quote, he communicated with you throughout the work, and you paid upon completion of the work. I can assure you that you were not overcharged. I wish you very well in the future. David Sparling

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Clearing totally plugged drains.

Drains in house totally plugged four girls...Not even ultra strength draino worked.

Safari was cost effective, polite and fast. Totally resolved the issue.

Highly recommend them To anyone with this kind of issue.

No drains are too tough for the Safari team. We are pleased your service visit went well. Your loyal commitment is important to us. We are happy to help and thank you for sharing! David Sparling.

safari in Nepean
safari in Nepean

Tub Faucets Replaced

I was impressed by Dan Touchette's work and also his pleasant personality. I will use Safari from now on, even though cost was a bit higher than I expected, the professionalism was worth it.

Thank you for the kind review. Dan will be pleased to hear your praise. Safari plumbing looks forward to a loyal and long term relationship with you and your home. David Sparling

Excellent Service in Nepean
Excellent Service in Nepean

Basement drain inspection

We are very pleased with Safari Plumbing. We experienced a flood in our basement following a bad storm and Bill Davison from Safari Plumbing came to our home the same day we called. He was extremely knowledgeable, thorough and explained everything in great detail. As Platinum club members we are given exceptional service and we really appreciate it. Today I had a question which I emailed to the office, and I received an immediate response. We highly recommend Safari Plumbing.

Thank you for the kind words. We are pleased the service you received was exceptional. This is what the Safari team strives for. Your high recommendations are greatly appreciated. David Sparling

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Bathroom vanity removal and install of a new one

Matt and Jennifer were great! Organized, friendly and very neat and professional. They never do or recommend work that isnt required, they arrive when they say they will and they do great work with a great warranty!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take great pride, knowing that you were completely satisfied.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Toilet repair (water not filling reservoir)

Service was fantastic. The receptionist was very nice and communicated the process & costs very clearly. They arrived at my condo the same day of my call to do the repairs. The plumber called me (I wasn't on site when he did his work) to explain the issue, what the repair entailed, and the exact cost. The problem was fixed immediately.

They followed up right away with the invoice, a courtesy call to explain that the job was complete and they had left the premises, and an email.

I found it a bit pricey but to be honest, I've felt that way with appliance repair and furnace repair as well so I'll attribute that to me rather than them...

I would definitely use them again and recommend them. Their service really was terrific from start to finish.

Thank you for your review. At Safari Plumbing we understand how stressful and overwhelming it is to have a plumbing emergency. We make the process as stress free as we can. We look forward to working with you in the future. David Sparling

Jim in Ottawa
Jim in Ottawa

Leaking kitchen faucet

After calling Safari, I was promised service between 3&5 pm. Dan arrived just after 3 and immediately diagnosed the problem and fixed it within minutes. The service was fast, friendly with no attempt to sell unneeded parts or service. I will use them again and recommended them to others.

Thank you Jim for your kind words about Dan. We are very fortunate to have him as part of our Safari family. He is such an honest and hard-working individual, all of us here at Safari Plumbing would be lost without him. David Sparling

Rene Lessard in Ottawa
Rene Lessard in Ottawa

Excellent as always

We just moved into an old home and their was quite a bit to do. Dan and Phil were very thorough, courteous and neat. Explained everything they were doing and why. We have used Safari plumbing for years and I will happily recommend them to anyone in the west end of Ottawa

Dan and Phil are an asset to our company, we explain to you the whole process, so there is no guessing as to what will be done or the cost of the work done at your home. We look forward to having you as a Safari plumbing client for many more years to come. Your reviews are greatly appreciated.
David Sparling

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

To find and shut off the water source for a built in refridgerator

After a difficult journey of trying to dispose of a built in refrigerator, the final straw was when I had to turn off the water source to the appliance. The ceiling below was finished and the shut off valve was hidden. Terry (the plumber) made what I thought an overwhelming task easy and quick. He was understanding and knew exactly where to find the valve quickly. He made thoughtful suggestions to help this and other situations going forward. He was extremely professional throughout the process. Booking the service was fast and they followed up the same day. I would highly recommend Safari Plumbing.

At Safari Plumbing we understand how valuable your time is. We always ensure the job is done efficiently and professionally. We look forward to serving you for your future plumbing needs.

David Sparling
Safari Plumbing Ltd.

More about Safari Plumbing Ltd.

It’s a jungle out there!
Finding a good plumber isn’t easy. All you want is a qualified, competent professional. Yet finding one can be so difficult! Add to that the pressure of making a decision in a hurry—after all, you probably call a plumber only in an emergency, right?—and the odds increase that you could be stuck with an unfair bill, poor workmanship, or worse.
Safari’s A+ Better Business Bureau rating and rave reviews from customers are only the beginning. Here are just a few of the ways that Safari Plumbing provides peace of mind:
No risk—If you are not fully satisfied with the service, you won’t have to pay until you are.
Quality you can depend on—We take pride in providing our clients with the best plumbing experience possible, whether it is a simple drain cleaning, a hook-up for a new dishwasher or an after-hours emergency repair.
Respect for you and your home—We always treat you and your home with care, from the shoe covers our plumbers wear while inside your home, to the way we clean the work area before we leave.
Prompt service—Each Safari plumbing truck carries a complete inventory of tools and replacement parts so you can trust we’ll arrive at your home ready to complete the job promptly and efficiently.
Fully guaranteed—We stand by our work: all repairs are guaranteed for one full year.
Choose the best. Choose Safari.
From simple or complex repairs, to plumbing for custom kitchens or baths, trust the friendly, experienced professionals at Safari Plumbing to take care of all your plumbing needs.