JJ's Plumbing

Lindsay in Maple Ridge
Lindsay in Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

I Can Shower Again

I discovered a spring in my front yard, suspiciously in a line from my service vale to my outside tap. After filling every vessel in the hose, I called the city, hoping that just maybe the problem was on the city side. Not a chance. A call to JJ's brought Justin over to estimate the job. The following morning Justin and his crew showed up and did a trenchless pull, renewing my domestic water line, and installing a new PRV. They were on the ground at 8 AM, and left around 2 in the afternoon. I am very happy with their prompt, professional service. As I sit at my desk, freshly showered, the dishwasher going, and a load of gym wear in the rinse cycle, I can recommend Justin and his crew at JJ's to anyone needing plumbing/drainage work done.

Ed in Burnaby
Ed in Burnaby

Poly-B Water Pipe Replacement

We have Poly-B pipes in our house which was built in 1990. One of the pipes developed a pinhole leak a few months back and my wife and I knew it was time to replace all the Poly-B piping in our house.
We went out and got 3 quotes from plumbing companies and decided to use JJ’s Plumbing in Maple Ridge even though we live in the west end of Burnaby.
We came across JJ’s through on-line reviews of other homeowners who also had their Poly-B pipes replaced in their homes. All the on-line reviews were really good so decided that we would get a quote from JJ’s.
Not only did JJ’s give us the best quote overall, but their customer service was outstanding from beginning to the end of the project. Justin (owner) came out to give us the estimate and we could tell right away that he was knowledgeable about poly-b pipe replacement. He was good at explaining the different types of options that we had for replacing the Poly-B. We eventually ended up using a PEX-a product manufactured by Uponor called Aquapex-a (Wirsbo). Even though this option was more expensive than regular PEX, we never felt pressured to go with one option over another.
I’m quite particular about wording in contracts, and JJ’s was the only one out of the 3 companies that addressed my wording changes quickly. One of the other companies never responded back to me and the other company verbally accepted my changes but never changed the wording in the contract.
Lisa in the front office was also really good at making the contract changes quickly for me and also with communicating timing of the project once we decided we were going to use JJ’s. Lisa was also good at providing references for me which I did end up calling as well as contacting some plumbing wholesalers regarding some bathroom fixture quotes.
Matt and Austin were the 2 plumbers that came out and did the actual work. They were both excellent to work with and you could tell they had done a lot of these Aquapex-a installations before. The guys were really conscious of trying to complete the project with as little disruption as possible. They also took care when cutting the drywall to keep the pieces intact as best as possible so it would be easier for whichever drywaller we decided to hire.
Invariably with any Poly-B replacement project, there are a few complications as so much is hidden behind the walls that you don’t know what you are facing until you open it up. Matt, who was the lead plumber, was able to figure ways to address these issues in as efficient manner as possible. We also had lots of questions/requests along the way (we also had 4 bathroom sinks, 4 toilets, and a kitchen faucet replaced as well), and Matt and Austin always took the time to listen and address our questions/requests. We never felt that even though they were busy that they didn’t have time for our questions.
As part of the project, we also decided to replace the main water line coming into the house from the city water line. JJ’s used a trenchless water pull for this. The trenchless water pull was neat to watch as the whole team (Justin, Matt and Austin) did this together. It was actually easier than they thought, so Justin actually gave us a bit of a discount on this part of the project which was a nice gesture.
All in all, we couldn’t have been happier with the work that was done and would highly recommend JJ’s for anyone considering a Poly-B pipe replacement for their house.

Ziggy2018 in Maple Ridge
Ziggy2018 in Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Toilet issues

Had a new toilet installed by a different company, was leaking so had JJ's come out to take a look. They were prompt, courteous, professional and very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone and use again.

Marisa. P in Coquitlam
Marisa. P in Coquitlam
4 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Mystery clogged drain

JJ's was recommended by my contractors. I had a drain that was backed up and not allowing the washing machine or kitchen sink to drain.
They showed up on time and were very pleasant.
I have an older home so most things aren't easy or straight forward.
They worked very hard on clearing the clog that was way down in the pipe. They were as neat as they could be and answered all my questions.
I would definitely call them again for future work.

Private User reviews Langley, BC

replacing poly-b piping, and a trenchless water line pull to city connection

We needed to replace some poly-b piping in our house. I contacted a few plumbing companies to get quotes. After reviewing the quotes we decided to go with JJ's Plumbing. Their quote was not the cheapest, but close to the others. Justin, the owner, was very friendly and answered any questions I had. I contacted him a several times to ask questions and he replied promptly. Lisa, the receptionist, was very pleasant to talk to and very accommodating.

Keith and Matt were the plumbers that came to do the work. They were very friendly and more than willing to answer all my questions. Before cutting into the drywall, they took their time to find the best locations and kept the cut-outs as small as possible. As for the trenchless water line pull, I will admit I was sceptical. However, after it was done I was amazed at how well the process worked (better than digging up the front yard!).
Overall, JJ's Plumbing met my expectations and I would recommend them to friends and family. They seem to be in the "ball park" with their quotes and we haven't had any issues with the work they did.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a Review! this means a lot to us. We enjoy the challenges of Poly-b repipes and finding the least intrusive paths to completing the project and saving you money on drywall repairs in the end. Sometimes spending a few hours on planning saves hundreds if not thousands on repairs when we are done. Our team prides ourselves in saving you money in the end.

Martin in Surrey
Martin in Surrey
3 reviews Langley, BC

Polybutylene Replacement

I hired Justin and his crew to replace the polyb plumbing in our house. Every member of Justin's crew was friendly, courteous and easy to deal with. They not only got the job done quickly and efficiently but fixed every other plumbing problem they came across. Including a drain pipe that was not up to code a cracked toilet fill pipe and a warped flapper valve. All done at no extra cost. Pipe replacement is a messy job but they kept things nice and clean. There was still some drywall dust, but that's unavoidable. Would definitely use them again, highly recommended.

Thank you Martin! this means a lot for you to write us a review. We pride ourselves in hiring plumbers that have the same core values as we do and it shows in their workmanship and customer service values. We are happy that you saw this as well! Our guys are fairly meticulous and know that if it was something that they wouldn't want in their house then they don't want you having to deal with it in your house! If it is something that doesn't take much time then we have no problem doing it as an added value bonus for the job. it was cute to see how interested your son was while watching us and some of the questions he had were rather impressive. Hope you and the family are doing good!

Maurizio  in Vancouver
Maurizio in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

I have used Justin at J.J. Plumbing for several plumbing related services. They have excellent communication, workmanship and customer service. Justin even came by one week after to inspect all the work to ensure there were no surprises. I recommend Justin & the J.J Plumbing team to anyone looking for quality, affordable and headache free plumbing service. Thanks again

Anytime Maurizio! We are happy to have the opportunity to help our customers out and enjoy the problem solving tasks required to complete these tasks. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review.

A.J. from Coquitlam
A.J. from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Possible water drip

Invited JJ via Homestars after seeing his great reviews. Initial quote reasonable. He arrived on time. Very knowledgeable. He quickly assessed the situation and did some investigation via a short snake cam. Got the work done in 1 hr. Determined there was no drip, just some noises due to expansion of the pipes. Problem solved!

Hey A.J, Thanks for taking the time to give us a review, this means a lot to us! We love helping to ease our customers minds and take away the stresses caused by plumbing issues. We are happy to hear that this vist helped to ease your mind and that you got the resolution needed to do so. If you have any questions in the future you know who to call ;0)

John Evans from Coquitlam
John Evans from Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Re & re of toilets

We required someone to re & re our tolets in 3 bathrooms to accomodate the installation of new flooring. JJ's was able to respond quickly. The assigned plumber, Scotty, was on time, efficient, flexible to our work schedule, friendly, and did good work. The price was reasonable, and we were very satisfied with the experience.

Thank you John for taking time to write us a review, we appreciate your input as your feedback helps us improve. We do our best to accommodate customers as we know it can be tough with your own work schedule. We appreciated the opportunity to work for you and are very happy to see that you are satisfied with our service. Thank you again for the review, Justin

Brian Gohlke from Vancouver
Brian Gohlke from Vancouver

Clean out Sewer pipe

I called this company to clean my main sewer line. The receptionist was courteous and the plumber showed up when he said he would which was appreciated. The plumber worked for an hour and a half, ineptly tried to fix the problem, charged me $415 and the "solution" they provided was telling me to call the city. 2 hours after calling the city, the city workers arrived, resolved the issue quickly and efficiently and told me what I needed to do in the future to remedy the problem. JJ incorrectly said that the problem was trees on the city property - the city workers clearly showed me the scope where the issue was - it was on my property. So, I paid JJs to tell me to call the city, and the city to solve the problem. I disputed the claim with Justin and also contacted the Better Business Bureau. In further discussing that with Justin, he replied, "As for the BBB, honestly I don't care if you contact them, the BBB is a total joke and really have no merit." That may be true, I don't know, but that certainly wouldn't be my response to a customer's attempt at disputing a claim.

In the end, to their credit, they did reimburse me $100; however, I found this weak compensation for a job so unprofessionally done. My advice to people with sewer line back-up issues is to call the city. They know what they are doing and after our experience, I subsequently learned that many of our neighbours shared similar experiences - unlucky encounters with plumbers to have the city handle it more efficiently and for less money.

Hi Brian, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. You and I have spoken in this regard and I apologize if I have not resolved this issue to your requirements at this point. When we had spoken on the phone we had confirmed that the plumber on site was indeed there for 2 hours plus the cost of the Large drain cleaning machine charges for clearing out your main outlet line for your sanitary system. During this time he had pulled back a large amount of roots, and was out about 75ft. Upon measuring how far out the cable was he had deemed that it was more then likely on the city side. A camera inspection, which was the next step, was an extra $300, which is why he decided to recommend you contact the city and save you money. If he didn't think it was on the city side he would have continued. If he had continued the bill would have increased and to the best of his judgement it was on cities side due to large tree's just off of your property line and the large amount of roots that he had brought back. As you had stated many of your neighbors had the same issue in your area, and were also all told the same thing from different plumbers. This would tell me that it would all be the same tree's Our plumber had mentioned, on the city side. If we see that there is an opportunity to save money we will recommend it or atleast give you the option as we did. You expressed to me that you were not happy with the invoice and when asked what you would like you said you were fine with $300 as you knew that scott had done his job and that we deserved to be paid something but that you felt we were gauging you with the original invoice. I explained the costs of drain cleaning and told you that I would take the $100 off, as you had requested. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me again.

Justin

More about JJ's Plumbing

Offers custom plumbing, Heating, Cooling and drainage services in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, Port Moody, New Westminster, Vancouver and Burnaby BC areas.
Looking for Plumbing pros in Coquitlam?