Ardent Heating & Air-Conditioning

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Barrie  >  Ardent Heating & Air-Conditioning

Reviews for Ardent Heating & Air-Conditioning

J. Hamill in Barrie
J. Hamill in Barrie

Furnace/air conditioner replacement

Just had ardent replace air and heating units and I need to offer special thanks to Kim, Tyler, and yes, Jay as well for a thoroughly professional job. They were on time, fast and more than pleasant to deal with. I have no hesitation in recommending this company. I do not, as a rule write reviews but this time I felt I must! Thanks, Ardent!

Thank you, much appreciated!

Innisfil Steve  in Innisfil
Innisfil Steve in Innisfil
1 review Innisfil, ON

Central Air service and repair

From my initial contact with your office -Jason / Lorraine to the two service techs that fixed my central air ... everybody was very professional knowledgeable and eager to make the customer satisfied. Everything was explained in terms I could understand without being condescending. My unit was fixed by Matt and a helper whom both treated my home and myself with respect.
Job well done. Thanks Again.
I highly recommend this company.

Sincerely

Steve Madden
Innisfil, Ontario

Hi Steve thank you for your compliments, we have passed them along to everyone involved in your experience and we are very grateful for your business and choosing Ardent. Have a great summer!
Management
Ardent Ltd.

Akiko Currie from Toronto
Akiko Currie from Toronto

Fireplace installation, Furnace conversion from Oil to Gas

We were so pleased with a fireplace installation that Ardent installed at our office in Barrie that we asked Ardent to convert our oil heating to gas and to install a gas fireplace in our home. On both occasions Matt and Peter came into our place of business and home and installed all systems with utmost care. Lorraine in the office was fantastic giving us updates when to expect the gas inspector as the change over from oil to gas was critical and we didn't want to be without heat. Above and beyond the call of duty the fellows met with the gas inspector from Enbridge who remained on site for over one hour. As an architect we deal with many trades and I highly recommend Ardent for any of the many services that they provide.

Hi Akiko! your business was greatly appreciated, I know there were many facets about your job that spanned over a few months and lots of behind the scenes work going on to make sure you were fully taken care of. we have a meeting this week and will definitely be sharing these testimonials with them! enjoy your new HVAC system and your new fireplace!

Jeff in Barrie
Jeff in Barrie
1 review Shanty Bay, ON

Three comments for a 5 Star Rating

I had placed an order for a Regency fireplace, during the installation the technician noticed my furnace motor was running louder than normal. The technician asked if I minded if he made the adjustment required and charged nothing additional.
His only comment was "because we care".
As for Head Office, Lorraine has been and still remains the ultimate Corporate executive. Lorraine is superb at balancing the fine line of going above and beyond for the customer and yet at the same time holding true to the Corporate Mandate. Her level of dedication is exemplary.
On further note, we build custom homes and had used Ardent on one of our renovations. The company was extremely well represented, the
technician was on-time, neat and tidy with his work and a top notch job was promised and delivered.

Hi Jeff Thank you so much for your nice words, we all work as a team and always try our best to make sure our customers such as yourself are well taken care of. we always spend a lot of time choosing and training the right people for the job and they all love to hear the compliments from our customers. thanks so much!

Kevin in Barrie
Kevin in Barrie

Fireplace Service

Had an annual service performed on our gas fireplace late October of 2017 by another HVAC company in Barrie. They also make the fireplace we were having serviced. When we went to use the fireplace for the first time following service (mid-November 2017), the pilot light would not stay lit. Called this company back to look at the fireplace, which they did on December 4, 2017, claiming all components tested were OK. Pilot light would again not stay lit. Same company back December 27, 2017. Tech again says all components OK, although he was unable to test the pilot light assembly because it was too hard to access. Again, this is a tech that works for the company that manufactured this fireplace. Tech stated was probably bad gas being supplied to the fireplace. Surprise, pilot light would not stay lit.

Called Ardent Heating and Air-Conditioning December 28, 2017 and the office staff were professional, sympathetic and concerned. Ardent tech came January 4, 2018 and diagnosed a faulty pilot assembly, the very component the previous companies tech said could not be tested. Given the age of our fireplace (15+ years and no longer manufactured), the tech was having difficulty finding a replacement part.

On his first visit, he took photos of the pilot assembly, anticipating this problem. He then shared these photos at parts suppliers when looking for parts for other customers. Within 9 calendar days, he had located and installed the proper part. It’s like he made this his mission and succeeded beyond expectations.

From initial conversations with Ardent office staff to the visits by an Ardent tech, we were treated professionally and courteously. Our problem was taken seriously and corrected successfully (yes, the fireplace is working as it should). We would not hesitate to recommend Ardent for any service they provide and will be using their services in the future.

Hi Kevin, thanks for taking the time to write us your review. all of our staff at ardent work together behind the scenes to make sure all our customers receive the fastest and best quality of service possible. Normally we would have had your part much sooner even the same day but as you mentioned it was a discontinued fireplace. It's sad that the manufacturers own service people could not help you by diagnosing their product properly but that's why customers always have options to go elesewhere. In the end everyone is happy and that's the main point. Thanks again.
Ardent Ltd.

J in Barrie
J in Barrie
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Air conditioner and furnace repair

Had new ac and furnace installed by friend who did awful job called ardent the 2 young men who showed up where polite and very informative and everything is working the way it should now very happy with service would hire again and I would recommend them to anyone who need a heating and ac work done thanks again for your great work

Hi J. We come across many jobs done by "Friends" or "a Friend of a Friend" and in almost all cases the problems caused by poor workmanship or not returning to do the repairs ends up causing the homeowners more aggravation and extensive costs to fix the problems. Its always best to hire an established company with all the experience, licenses and insurances intact. We are happy that you made the decision to hire our company and welcome you as a new customer!

Private User reviews Angus, ON

Furnace Repair

March 2017 - We had service provider Tyler from Ardent in Barrie, to our home to fix our furnace recently. He was professional, efficient and courteous and it was affordable too. Not to mention he also prevented a potential fire from occurring in the near future! Very pleased and would totally recommend Ardent. Thank you!

Hello and thank you for your testimonial! We take safety very seriously on all our calls no matter if its service work or installations of new equipement. we appreciate your business!

Robert Ward from Hawkestone
Robert Ward from Hawkestone
2 reviews Hawkestone, ON

Air Conditioning & HRV System

Just a bit over 3 years ago, I had Ardent install 3 Ductless air-conditioning systems, 1 Reznor Heater for my garage and 1 HRV system in my garage for my rodent breeding business. 4 out of 5 units I have had trouble with since installation.
When I first inquired to Ardent. I wanted quotes for 3 items for my Rodent breeding business, that is located in my garage, which is close to 1000 sqft. I inquired about an air conditioning unit, heating unit, and an HRV system. Jason sent his lead man Brandon to look at the garage and do the measuring etc. and relay the information to Jason, so he can do the quotes. I fully explained to Brandon What I was doing, as the garage was still under renovations at the time. I fully explained to Brandon, that there will be up to 3000 rats breeding for me, and that the heat output can exceed over 100 degrees farenheight. Also that it will be a very high dust environment. I received the quotes from Jason, and decided to go with his company. Big mistake on my part. They installed a ductless air conditioner that is way too small for the size building, never mind for my rodent business and the heat outputs of the rodents. They also installed an HRV system that does nothing but leak in the winter and drown my rats. Even with no snow on the output and input vents it still leaked, so I gave up on it last winter and unplugged it for the rest of the cold months. As for the Ductless air conditioner, it's way too small for the building an my needs. I have lost over 40 breeder females and 60 hopper and small rats due to it getting too hot in the garage. I feel this company has no understanding of commercial air conditioning needs, and doesn't do proper research in what the customer needs the equipement for, that they want to purchase and have installed by Ardent. I think Jason just cares about selling the equipment and getting money from the customer. I did explain to Brandon that it was a high dust and high heat environment. So why did he sell me an air conditioning unit that is totally useless for my needs. Also he now tells me after 3 years, the heads on the ductless air conditioning have to be replaced every 3-5 years because of the dust. !. why didn't he tell me this before the air conditioner was actually sold to me? Jason is now wanting $1,100.00 for a replacement head. If I knew I had to replace the head every 3-5 years ahead of time, I would never have purchased that type of A/c unit. He also wants to charge me $500.00 for 2 pieces of steel to go over the vents outside for the HRV system. $250.00 for parts, and the other half labor. I can understand having these specially made costs a lot to set up machinery etc. But where does $250.00 labor come from? To put what maybe 8 screws in the wall?
I had to pay an additional $332.00 for the ducting for the HRV system over a year after it was installed. This ducting should have been included in the original quote, as well as the 2 pieces of metal that go over the vents.
I'm now left with $5,900.00 worth of equipment that is more or less useless to me. An HRV that I can't use in the winter, which my main reason for buying an HRV system, was to use it in the winter, cause I can't exhaust 24/7 in the winter, or I'll freeze the rats out. I also bought an air conditioning system to keep the rats cool in the warm months.
The only good thing I have to say is that they did return now I believe it's around 20 or more times to try to fix some of the equipment sold to me. After more than 10 tries, they have fianally stopped the living room air conditioner from leaking gas and water.
They did fix the early problems with the heater after 3 tries.
But I'm still left with a leaking HRV system that is useless in the winter, and an air conditioner in the garage that is way way too small for the size building, never mind useless for my business needs.
I've had 2 other heating and air-conditioning companies in my garage to do estimates for a proper 3 ton 13 seer forced air system for my business. Both salesmen or estimators looked at the Ductless air conditioning that Ardent sold me and both said. That unit is way too small for this building, it's only a 1 ton unit.

Another thing that Ardent did wrong, is that they ran the drain line for the HRV system through the wall where it will freeze in the winter..
I mentioned to Jason, and he asked me to stop by the shop to pick up some parts to run a by-pass, he ended up giving me a bunch of miss-sized, parts and pieces, that if I installed them, they would 1 leak, 2 look like garbage. I ended up spending $100.00 of my own money, to buy the proper size line, tees, valve, clamps and brackets to secure it properly.

I strongly feel robbed and would like the amount of $6000.00 returned to me, or I will file be forced to file with small claims court next week. I will be speaking to a lawyer on the weekend, that maybe representing me

For your home and especially commercial needs. I would never ever recommend this company to anyone!

Hi Robert,
thank you for your review however there are many things about your review that are untrue, exaggerated as well as important things left out in order to make our company look bad. It was also brought to my attention that our competition that doesn't have the high quality reputation that we have worked so hard to establish over the years had allot to do with this review. Please see below our side of the story.

When we quoted you we priced out your job you were in the process of building your garage but you mentioned you would starting off slow for a few years and then expanding to larger quantity of rats, we gave options that were within your budget and explained that there is no way of knowing how much actual cooling you were going to need because you were starting off with a smaller amount of rats and then expanding so we suggested that you could go with one unit and then if it wasn’t enough you can expand that unit in he future in order to keep your costs down.

The actual unit yes had a few problems at the beginning but we corrected it and when it was working it did the job of cooling for years with no problems of not cooling enough.

The problem you are having is that your business is a very dusty and an extremely dirty and toxic one, our techs have to go there at there only at the end of the day so they can go straight home and wash their cloths as the ammonia smell in your place is so strong. The Ammonia urine smell is so bad that the techs have gotten ill and their eyes are red and bloodshot by the time they leave. We have mentioned on numerous occasions that your type of business is going to need replacement parts as part of the business and the fact that ammonia from the extremely strong urine smell from all the rats is toxic to any metal and corrodes electronics quickly.

The last times we were there the equipment were so filled with dirt and dust that they could no longer cool and could not be cleaned and that you would have to replace the unit on the inside, and then again in about 3-5 years. you don’t seem to understand that this is an expense that must be accounted for every 3-5 years for your line of business no matter what you put in there.

As for the HRV we have told you why the leaking was happening, it Is not our fault or the unit it is the fact that your wall is accumulating allot of snow that sticks and blocks the vents. We had no way of knowing this at the time of installation. when we suggested a fix and proposed we do it for cost you complained cause you don't have the money.

Bottom line is the whole story is not being told here (there is always two sides to every coin) and I am saddened that you wrote such a negative review just because you’re not happy we wont replace your indoor air conditioning unit that is rotted and filled with dirt and other stuff from the day to day operations of breeding thousands of Rats.

I’m also saddened because we have gone out on the 20-minute trip to your house on numerous occasions only to find that the problem wasn’t even anything that was caused by our product or our company and we didn’t charge you, in most cases we repaired/cleaned it anyway for you at no charge. we have also done allot of work for you free of charge or for cost where the company didn’t make money and in allot of cases we lost money on including installing an entire gas line BBQ line that was over 25 ft long FREE of charge and also installing an entire duct system for the HRV for less than what it cost us for the parts and labour.

Your entitled to your review but like I said not all the information is correct or being told, your side of the story is different from ours in many cases. We have a very good reputation and the thousands of extremely happy customers that know me and our company will back our integrity and professionalism up any day.

In this line of business with thousands of customers you cannot please everyone but we have gone over and above for you over the years but were not willing to replace the air conditioner free of charge for you as you wanted us to do just because you threatened to write a bad review.

Jason Edwards

steve connelly in Barrie
steve connelly in Barrie

New Furnace installation

I would like to tell you about an amazing experience we had in dealing with Ardent Heating and Air Conditioning. Last January we had them install a Amana high efficiency furnace. All their staff including Sheila, Jason Matt and Tim were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Now fast forward to a couple of weeks ago we tried turning on the heat for the first time this fall and the furnace was blowing cold air. I called Ardent and talked to Leanne from the front office. She was very helpful and kept me calm in what could have been a stressful time for us. She called me back saying that Matt the technician will be at our house within few minutes. He was able to determine the thermostat was faulty and he switched it out for us. Matt delivered amazing customer service and was able to answer all my questions in a professional and understanding way. Again I cannot say enough great things about this company and we are certainly glad they are looking after all our heating and air conditioning needs.

Regards,

Steve and Andrea Connelly

Delayed Response from Ardent due to technical difficulties:
Steve I would like to say how much we appreciated your repeat business as well as your kind words about us in regards to the minor hiccup. It's common to have little hiccups after a big installation but we make sure we stand by our products and workmanship and if there is ever an issue we put first priority on getting it corrected quickly! thanks again!
Lorraine Customer Service

Private User reviews , SK

Tankless water heater, water softener and shut off valves

Jason Edwards of Ardent Heating Barrie, installed a Rinnai tankless water
heater and water softener unit into our small laundry room ( Sept, 7, 2015)
The area we live in has very hard water.

Subsequent to Jason's initial site visit we were most impressed with his
knowledge and attention to detail. He suggested which Rinnai unit was
adequate for our needs, along with the alterations required by code for Gas,
water, exhaust lines and tank location. Added to the installation issues was
our need to keep the entire set up accessible, yet compact enough to create
more room within a small space.

Jason and his crew arrived early and ensured drop clothes were down before
commencing. They were knowledgeable and friendly and sought our input at
progressive stages of the install. The crew worked right through the day
until completion at 4:30 pm where up they did a good clean up and removed
the old units.

I am a retired contractor experienced with renovations and can say that
Ardent Heating had carefully thought through the installation, because I did
not consider it to be a straight forward task. Ardent did an excellant job

Mark Amos
=

Delayed Response from Ardent due to technical difficulties:
hi Mark, thank you so much for the review! I was happy to take part in the installation and have he pleasure of having your business!

Jason Edwards

More about Ardent Heating & Air-Conditioning

Ardent Heating, Air Conditioning & Water Treatment Specialists are celebrating 10 years in business in 2013! We are located in Barrie, Ontario and we serve all the surrounding communities such as Innisfil, Oro, Shanty Bay, Angus, Spring Water, Hawkestone and Cookstown.

We sell, service, repair and install all types of heating for the home or light commercial such as furnaces, fireplaces, tankless water heaters, space heaters and commercial roof top units.
We also sell service and install central air conditioning, ductless split systems and heat pumps.

Our water division will help you with your water treatment needs, including water softeners for treatment of hard water, iron filters, bacteria filters, water purifiers and Reverse Osmosis systems.

Ardent has a very good reputation for good, fast and honest service. Barrie and surrounding area residents know they can trust Ardent Heating, Air Conditioning & Water Treatment Specialists to get the job done in a professional manner & we will do it right.